Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-02-2012, 01:06 PM   #1
nickxw
Starter Motor

Default G'day Everyone.

Hi All, long time listener first time poster. My name is Nick and I live in Melbourne. I have a XW Fairmont GS. I have owned it for some time, it was a car that recieved some modifiction in the 80's and is no longer in possesion of all the desirable original bits. If I can manage it I will post a couple of pics. Cheers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00034.jpg (71.1 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00036.jpg (70.0 KB, 57 views)

Last edited by nickxw; 18-02-2012 at 01:23 PM.
nickxw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2012, 06:03 PM   #2
SJFALK
Whoop!

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi, I'm Sam from Country Victoria...I've been reading on here for quite some time, but never posted. It's a great forum with more information than you can poke a stick at!

I bought my 2008 FG XR8 ute about a year ago and I love it!

I bought it completely stock and now it has Pedders rear leafs, Herrod cat back exhaust and K & N panel filter.

IMG_3221amLL.jpg
IMG_3203SMALL.jpg
Old 29-02-2012, 07:41 PM   #3
EL Lupo
Starter Motor

Howzit y'all,
Figured I spent enough time surfing the forum anyway so I may as well join, here's my recently acquired EL Futura, pretty much stock at the moment, plan to carry out the usual basics as $$$ allow, (better tint, lower stance, replace those cheesy futura rims, exhaust) and a warmer cam at a later stage.
This is my 8th Falcon/fairmont/fairlane...

EL Lupo.JPG
Old 29-02-2012, 07:43 PM   #4
headtorque1
Starter Motor

Hi ford lovers ! Have never joined a forum before. I am a engine reconditioner and have been in the trade for over 40years.I have working for the same companey in perth for nearly 15 years now .Still love the trade and have been involved with preformance cylinder head side of the business nearly full time for the past ten years .
headtorque1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-02-2012, 08:01 PM   #5
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by headtorque1
Hi ford lovers ! Have never joined a forum before. I am a engine reconditioner and have been in the trade for over 40years.I have working for the same companey in perth for nearly 15 years now .Still love the trade and have been involved with preformance cylinder head side of the business nearly full time for the past ten years .
Welcome aboard - I'm sure your knowledge and experience will be of benefit to us all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy32
Gday everyone, I have been lurking for a while. Its time for my introduction.
I enjoy most things automotive, especially Fords (of all ages). I have had a few over the years. Currently I have a 08 Territory for a daily and a 1932 Ford Tudor (302 Clevor etc) for whenever I can. I have just commenced the tear down of my 1971 XY Fairmont which will be part resto part mod. I have so far enjoyed and found very interesting all the posts on this forum. Looking forward to more...

Regards
Glenn
Hi Glenn - look forward to seeing pics of the Tudor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethalpplater
hello everybody.

im runnin a xh xr6 with a decent bit of go...
engine builders told me i need to forced induction before i can go faster but as p plates dont allow it. can any body help me with a way around it. cheeeers
I'm sure a trawl through a few of the more adventurous threads here will provide some ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Lupo
Howzit y'all,
Figured I spent enough time surfing the forum anyway so I may as well join, here's my recently acquired EL Futura, pretty much stock at the moment, plan to carry out the usual basics as $$$ allow, (better tint, lower stance, replace those cheesy futura rims, exhaust) and a warmer cam at a later stage.
This is my 8th Falcon/fairmont/fairlane...

Attachment 72073
I have to say that I hated that colour when I first saw it all those years ago but it's actually aged well (or I've mellowed with age)!

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2012, 10:02 PM   #6
Boss260ford

hey,
how good was it to see Ford win at the Clipsal 500.
cheers
Ray
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2012, 12:22 PM   #7
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss260ford
hey,
how good was it to see Ford win at the Clipsal 500.
cheers
Ray
It was a great win indeed Ray. Welcome
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluexr6auiiute
Hey all,
Just thought id put some pics of my ute so far

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5316675...n/photostream/
Welcome I like the paint job. Great to see something unique.
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbxy
Hey all
been a long time ford owner.
I have a ford ba xr6 non turbo 03 it does not have the traction control button and it is always spinning wheels in the wet it does have float diff in it but a new lsd unit is going in next week.
So i guess my question is can traction control be added to these cars after they have left the factory.
would like to get it done as the misses also drives the car and i dont wont to see her crash it from a spin out in the wet.
Thanks
Not sure about the Traction control but if you ask in the contemporary section or general tech....someone should be able to help you out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8-madness08
Hi all i own 1999 au forte wagon 4.0 auto and a 1991 xf ute 4.1 auto with rebuilt el 4.0 turbo motor in shed awaiting me to fit post photos soon cheers mick a true blue oval lover
Looking forward to seeing pics Mick. Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12mm_socket
Hi y'all I'm the socket that keeps getting lost, hence the reason I'm here to read and learn
Great user name. Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyr
hi there names jay currently working on a 82 XE s'pack just had a 351 clevo put into it
Sounds like a great combo Jay. Looking forward to hearing more about your ride. Sadly you do not see that many XE's around anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by amcroft
Hi All

New member site looks great and own a ford territory 07 rwd tx

Cheers
Aaron
Welcome aboard Aaron. I am sure the members in the Territory section will be able to answer any questions you might have. There is some great info in there.

Cheers
Col
Old 10-03-2012, 06:34 PM   #8
TOOQWK
Starter Motor

Hi all,
I saw an xr50 turbo in nitro this morning with a Force Fed Ford sticker and this web address. So here I am. I own an xr50 turbo sedan manual in viper ( purple). I'm looking forward to learning more about my car and what I can do to make it better.
Cheers Andy
TOOQWK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2012, 06:21 PM   #9
393 te corty
Starter Motor

Hi everyone been watching for a while now and its time to say gday and share in what im doing, so gday.
Im currently building a TE cortina with 393 AOD 4spd auto and 9" diff. been working on it for a while now so heres a few pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 1.JPG (48.7 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg my beast again.JPG (32.0 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg my beast.JPG (39.5 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg best car alarm.JPG (106.4 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg big brake kit.JPG (87.0 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg backs on.JPG (31.8 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg fronts on.JPG (35.0 KB, 63 views)
393 te corty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2012, 09:14 AM   #10
geezernats
Starter Motor

Hey im from Adelaide and got a 04 BA GT-P
geezernats is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2012, 08:52 PM   #11
marc97au
Starter Motor

Hi All,
I came across your site today while researching if anyone actualy had the colour that the factory painted the original Thompson power steering pumps fitted to my XC Cobra No 158. I think the pump is down o0n pressure (probably the relief I think as I can hear it cracking on minor load) and figure I would touch up the paint while it was out as I'm sure I'll mark it someway. I'm a car and then a Ford freak from way back and besides the original unrestored Cobra I've owned for about 31 years (about 88K original on the clock and was once my daily driver)I still own my first new Ford a XB GS 4 speed V8 Station wagon (drove it in the shed 26 years ago and hasn't been out since but in the next couple of months it will) and have another restored XC GXL V8 Coupe, an F350 Dually with a big block 460 (tow vehicle), a bigblock AC cobra of my owndesign under construction and a couple of Mercs including a V12 (see the picture forming) a couple of Porshes including a near mint 928 S4 (V8 of course which I've had for about 17 years) Over the years I've had most including Ferrari, DeTomaso, Jags naturall Gt's XR & XY, even a show winning restored XP coupe but still love the old Fords cause you can sort of work on them and I have lots of accumulated bits and a bit of fading knowledge and skills. I got the Cobra out of the shed after about 10 years off the road last week end and just took it for a drive, but wasn't happy about the parking effort so time to check out the pump.
Sorry to bore you all but I still love to play with cars and engineering,not as much as once, but ocassionaly I still get the urge.
Keep up the good work and now I know you are here I might even be able to help someone else out. Cheers
marc97au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2012, 07:05 PM   #12
spurri
Starter Motor

Hey all, been signed up for a while and thought i should finally start posting.
Im an apprentice electrician, 19, from melbourne.
I've got a manual 2004 BA XR6 which i picked up in november (also my first car), hope to contribute as much as possible
spurri is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2012, 11:38 PM   #13
ardyfordy
Starter Motor

love this site
ardyfordy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2012, 11:39 PM   #14
ardyfordy
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Greetings frm Victoria!
ardyfordy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2012, 11:15 PM   #15
FnaticFrd
Starter Motor

hmm guess i need to make a build thread haha =]
FnaticFrd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2012, 11:39 PM   #16
xctasy
Starter Motor

Gidday!!!

ITZ OLD is my American 1982 Fox Mustang Hatch, 3.3 I6 with C3 gearbox (std fitment like they had on Cortina 4's), 2.73:1 gears, TRX's, A/C, PS and rear window wiper, tilt wheel. Its been around the block a bit, ex California spec, but with fold back Tbird rear vision mirrors and full 100 km/h chimes. You see, after birth in Michigan, it spent its first 7 years in Japan, and got exported to, gasp, New Zealand! Its only got about 61000 clicks on the clock. Unlike a lot of British market Foxes, its still a Left Hooker. This south pacific pom really likes it, its so smooth and runs quiet as. I'm used to hard charging cross flows and this little six banger is docile as.

I use it for measuring road roughness and auditing roads (I'm a self employed civil technician).

Its 87 hp at 3800 rpm from its 1965 XP Falcon style 200 six won't get me into any trouble, but its planned Aussie FAZER 6 replacement engine will.

[img]http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/...6/IMG_3415.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/...6/IMG_3414.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/...6/IMG_2623.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/...ecute6/035.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/...ecute6/014.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/...ecute6/018.jpg[/img]

Last edited by xctasy; 06-06-2012 at 11:59 PM. Reason: picture additions and formating improvements
xctasy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2012, 09:46 AM   #17
Dalesween
Starter Motor

Hi there,i have stumbled across this site and it looks like a great place to be as a Ford owner,it looks like i will find all the answers i need to keep our Fords running plus i can drool over some of the beautiful cars on here.My wife and i own a 2004 BA Falcon SR and have just picked up a 2010 FG XR6.

cheers Dale.
Dalesween is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2012, 06:43 PM   #18
jimmychu
Starter Motor

Hey, the names james I am from sydney and drive a au xr6 tickford ute work and el falcon for play!!
jimmychu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2012, 02:13 PM   #19
Modified
Starter Motor

Hey guys. My name is Aaron and yes im a ford fanatic. I currently own 4 fords. I have a Ford courier that has been lowered 2 inches, has 18 inch rims a 2 1/2 inch exhaust. It also has a pioneer sound system with 2 12 inch slim subs. I have a Festiva that has a k&n pod filter 2 1/2 inch exhaust and a kenwood sound system. I also have 2 EB falcons. 1 is a race car which i have just finished building to race in the national saloon car series from next year. The other one is an EB fairmont. its pretty stock just with a set of extractors and a clarion sound system.
Modified is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2012, 11:40 PM   #20
Riphsv
Starter Motor

hey guys and girls im new to the whole forums things i had my car for 2 years and thought to myself i should join a forum group that enjoys ford asmuch as i do anyway i got a bf xr6 n/a 6sp 179rwkw. atm im doin a turbo conversion on it p[utting the fg turbo and manifold on it with a stage 2 ic relocation kit should see about 280-290 rwkw so should be fun anyway here is a pic of my car i got board one day and painted my mags haha http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater i think i did the pic correctly if it doesnt work just add me will accept as soon as u add
Riphsv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2012, 12:19 AM   #21
Riphsv
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riphsv
hey guys and girls im new to the whole forums things i had my car for 2 years and thought to myself i should join a forum group that enjoys ford asmuch as i do anyway i got a bf xr6 n/a 6sp 179rwkw. atm im doin a turbo conversion on it p[utting the fg turbo and manifold on it with a stage 2 ic relocation kit should see about 280-290 rwkw so should be fun anyway here is a pic of my car i got board one day and painted my mags haha http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater i think i did the pic correctly if it doesnt work just add me will accept as soon as u add
IMG_20120701_171318.jpg success
Riphsv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2012, 01:47 PM   #22
trevnkath
Starter Motor

Hi Ford fans,
I have been a Ford bloke all my life.
My current daily drive is a BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4 (currently garaged) with a sore timing chain guide and other minor issues.
Lots of great stuff on this site
Need some help though!
trevnkath is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2012, 05:29 PM   #23
Brother Ray
Vixen 335 - she goes!

Hi all. My name is Tony. I've been lurking for a while and thought it was time I got on here!

I live in Adelaide and recently purchased the best car I've ever owned (I'm 50 so I've had a few). It's the supercharged FG GT and what a beast! Never gonna get bored driving this thing. I've gone for the KPM cat back exhaust and they also lowered it for me. Here's a few pics.

Brother Ray is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2012, 01:35 AM   #24
PezzF6
Starter Motor

Hey all,
I'm a newbie and as this is my first post I might as well introduce myself and my ride.

2011 FG F6 auto making 400.7Kw ATW
Process west stage 3 IC kit
Process west Intake kit
Process west battery relocation kit
Injector dynamics 750cc injectors
CES 4" stainless front pipe and 100cell high flow 4in cat
Walbro Intank 400lph fuel pump
Custom tuning at Rajab Performance

Ridiculously fun!!!
Thanks guys
PezzF6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2012, 09:46 AM   #25
DavesUte
Starter Motor

Gday every one ;)
Daves my name and of course i have an XG ute with an EL Tickford and 5 speed.

Its not my first ford,the first one was a V8 pilot when i was a young lad,it was used as a paddock basher.........i paid $100 for it !! Then a XY GT in Vermillion Fire, a Surferroo in Surfer Orange,the XC GXL that was provided by White City in Sydney to the 1978 Perth Motor Show.

Im located at Millicent South Aust and work at a Ford wreckers.

Cheers.

Dave
DavesUte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2012, 03:11 PM   #26
Bob Munro
Starter Motor

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hello out there in Ford country....
My name is Bob Munro & I'm over here in Kalgoorlie in W.A., originaly from Coff's Harbour in N.S.W. Back in 2010 I took delivery of my first new car, a F.G. F6 & as I turned 60 yesterday you can see it has been a great event for me.... As a plant mechanic I have never owned a car that hasn't been modified to get the very best out of it that I could, this little beauty is such a beast right from the show room floor & I've never been so impressed with a car before....
I have fitted a stage 2 inter-cooler, removed all of that garbage plastic inlet & fitted a pod directly to the turbo, stripped the exhaust & fitted 3" back from the cat with just a small resonator on the tail pipe to take out the crackle on back off.... this has made it quite throaty with a subtle roar, my mate Paul has tweaked the brain box & all is just orgazmic in the world.... Even the wife is stoked!!!! all the pup's in their V8's in Kal have had a crack at her at the lights & to date Michelle has a perfect score.... that's the ****!!!!
I need a link to where I can see all the spec's for this engine...like injector size, turbo size etc... if anyone can help it will be much appreciated....
Regards Bob
Bob Munro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2012, 12:40 AM   #27
xywhitby
Starter Motor

nice ride clevo8, current in the middle of a restoration myself
xywhitby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2012, 12:53 AM   #28
ZodzillA
Starter Motor

Talking Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi everyone! I'm Dave and I drive a Silk Blue BF Mark II XR6 and was last of the Mark II run. Premium everything in it. Running low profile 18's on it and sticks to the road like glue! Thanks for letting me join! Been a Ford Boy all my life.

Moved from Tassie to Vic 4 years ago in an old XD GS Falcon....the Auto was shot, indicator stalk was shot and the starter motor was...you guessed it...shot. Nothing a quick tap with a hammer didn't fix though....LOL!!!

I can Torque the Torque
ZodzillA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2012, 09:48 PM   #29
80lbinjector
Starter Motor

Hello all thought it was time to say G'day .. been lurking about for a bit i like the site an well time ta post. From Brisbane. My ride gold BA XR6 N/A series II.. BF wheels, 4490 pacey's single 2-½-inch exhaust system.. 4.1 diff .. king's and munro gas, (working on fg manifold with 75mm v8 throttle (install hopefully this week) will post some pic's soon chatt soon.

Last edited by 80lbinjector; 22-10-2012 at 10:00 PM.
80lbinjector is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2012, 10:10 PM   #30
khawar123
Starter Motor

Hi all

Not sure if I am on the correct place to ask a question. My Ford Territory TX Central Locking stops to work for unlocking the door only and from last two months I was opening one door manually and then you can open other door from outside.

My car Battery also need replacing and today it has been replaced but for some reason still my Central Locking System is not working for opening doors. When I press the unlock button on the remote it only opens the Driver's side. Any thoughts

Thanks & Regards,

Khawar
khawar123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post