Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 31-05-2021, 11:10 PM   #11071
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Even though I now qualify for Pfizer, I was actually considering whether I should get the AZ. Trying not to overthink it but it just seems "too good to be true" that something can come out in record time, with record efficacy and have no unintended consequences whatsoever.

But the only thing holding me back from AZ is that both my folks have had it. Therefore, not to put all eggs in one basket, and to spread the risk from a family perspective, it might be better if I take Pfizer lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U View Post
One you are mandating vaccination relating to a specific task in a small number of locations within an industry that’s been adapted to suit said task being quarantine.

The other would be a nation wide mandate for an entire profession, not even remotely comparable.
Watch this space. I believe the PM and the Health Minister have written to the relevant authorities to see if they can now make this mandatory.
This user likes this post:
Old 31-05-2021, 11:27 PM   #11072
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

COVID doesn’t live here anymore: vaccination turns Brazilian city into healthy oasis

https://www.theage.com.au/world/sout...31-p57wp0.html

With 45,000 inhabitants Serrana is a rare healthy enclave in Brazil, which has the world’s second deadliest outbreak with more than 461,000 deaths so far and a very slow immunisation pace due to the lack of vaccines.

Serrana was the subject of a study by Instituto Butantan, which produces the Coronavac vaccine developed by China’s Sinovac Biotech in Brazil.

When vaccination was starting, the city had an increase in COVID cases, but the spread of the virus was contained once 75 per cent of the population was immunised, scientists found.

Scientists divided the city in four areas to try to understand which was the threshold to contain the spread of the virus and found that it was controlled after three areas received the second dose.

The number of symptomatic cases fell 80 per cent, and hospitalisations 86 per cent. COVID deaths fell 95 per cent, data given by Butantan to TV Globo showed.
Old 01-06-2021, 08:44 AM   #11073
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Wonder when we are getting the Chinese vaccine. Stands to reason it would work the best given they started the whole thing.

Discounted MG with every jab.

I'm still not convinced all these countries came out with wonder vaccine's all at roughly the same time, maybe its just a placebo.
Tin foil at the ready.

4 users like this post:
Old 01-06-2021, 10:57 AM   #11074
Pis-ton broke
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Wonder when we are getting the Chinese vaccine.
its from china?, i havn,t been watching the news (ignorance is bliss).

if so, i'll never take it.
3 users like this post:
Old 01-06-2021, 12:27 PM   #11075
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

News just in, Treasurer Josh Frydumberg and the Fed's have approved Jobkeeper for all workers of Harvey Norman's VIC stores, who have been stood down.

They say Harvey Norman have been hit the hardest by this lockdown, and are in need of financial assistance the most.

Old 01-06-2021, 12:47 PM   #11076
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
News just in, Treasurer Josh Frydumberg and the Fed's have approved Jobkeeper for all workers of Harvey Norman's VIC stores, who have been stood down.

They say Harvey Norman have been hit the hardest by this lockdown, and are in need of financial assistance the most.

Are you talking now or that they can keep their jobkeeper that was claimed legally in the first lockdown?

Old 01-06-2021, 12:50 PM   #11077
tweeked
N/A all the way

Aged Care Minister Richard Colbeck has to go, he has been pretty hopeless the whole way, this has to be the last straw.

https://www.news.com.au/national/pol...3dee7948110220

Old 01-06-2021, 01:21 PM   #11078
hayseed

Quote:

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/unca...thieving-****/
2 users like this post:
Old 01-06-2021, 01:46 PM   #11079
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed View Post
Thanks H for this type of moron should be for all to see.
What an absolute entitled F tard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
Are you talking now or that they can keep their jobkeeper that was claimed legally in the first lockdown?
Old 01-06-2021, 01:47 PM   #11080
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lots of reports that people can now just rock up at the mass vaccination sites without bookings, but waiting times can vary.

I wonder if the gov has put any thoughts into "drive through" jabs, as they have done in the US. Not ideal for inner city, but could easily set up a site at an airbase or even Avalon. Use the ADF to administer the jab....again, like the US have done.

I'd much rather sit in the car and wait than mingle indoors for hours.
Old 01-06-2021, 01:53 PM   #11081
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Lots of reports that people can now just rock up at the mass vaccination sites without bookings, but waiting times can vary.

I wonder if the gov has put any thoughts into "drive through" jabs, as they have done in the US. Not ideal for inner city, but could easily set up a site at an airbase or even Avalon. Use the ADF to administer the jab....again, like the US have done.

I'd much rather sit in the car and wait than mingle indoors for hours.
Managing the required observation for 15 minutes would be challenging.

They were nearly over the top when I got mine, walking around checking on people, then a quick half a dozen questions and few instructions when they called you up when your time was done.

Old 01-06-2021, 01:59 PM   #11082
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

As we speak, infectious Melbourne NRL fans driving to QLD for the State Of Origin, stopping in NSW for petrol, food and possibly a overnight stay. What could possibly go wrong??
2 users like this post:
Old 01-06-2021, 02:04 PM   #11083
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT May 31st, 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

4 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR is 3.023%.

1 case and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.973% and active cases 17.

The UK had a higher 3,283 cases yesterday and only 1 death.

Just over 8k new cases in the USA yesterday and 115 deaths sees CMR at 1.787%. There was also an upward adjustment of almost 50k cases for last week.

Other notable points:

Asia drops below the 10 day 90th percentile;

only-
Afghanistan (1,143); and
Thailand (5,485)

... recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for their 10 day average and none drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

4 users like this post:
Old 01-06-2021, 02:06 PM   #11084
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Managing the required observation for 15 minutes would be challenging.

They were nearly over the top when I got mine, walking around checking on people, then a quick half a dozen questions and few instructions when they called you up when your time was done.
Yeh, but imagine the head line "man in hotted up ford GT hits traffic lights in CBD...blames adverse reaction from jab"

Worked well in the US, but I think they recommended or mandated 2 adults in the car, in case one can't drive afterwards.
Old 01-06-2021, 02:13 PM   #11085
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Yeh, but imagine the head line "man in hotted up ford GT hits traffic lights in CBD...blames adverse reaction from jab"

Worked well in the US, but I think they recommended or mandated 2 adults in the car, in case one can't drive afterwards.
Yeah I like the idea, but that is the US, run everything like running a business. Give a time card for each person who gets it, line them up at the exit, ask your questions then let them go

I am sure we will have some over the top OHS reason why it cant be done.

Old 01-06-2021, 02:27 PM   #11086
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why is Victoria the nation’s lockdown capital?

https://www.theage.com.au/national/f...27-p57vs5.html

"Epidemiologist Professor Tony Blakely from the University of Melbourne said that poor contact tracing – a reason given for Victoria’s earlier lockdowns – no longer applied.

“The contact tracing going on in Victoria is phenomenal, it’s mind-blowing,” he said.

“The level of testing that we’re seeing in Victoria is phenomenal, they can’t be explanations for why it’s not going as well in Victoria.”"

“In outbreak management, you have to look not just at the case numbers and the speed at which the cases are travelling, but also human behaviour and location,” said UNSW epidemiologist Professor Mary-Louise McLaws.

“Location is really important because in Victoria people are highly connected. It’s a city that is easy to get around. You have to take that into account. People travel widely.

“Sydney is highly congested, the public transport is patchy. And people often don’t like moving outside their work or home zone.”

Professor Blakely said Victoria’s colder climate could be another factor – although it wasn’t the only one.
Old 01-06-2021, 02:30 PM   #11087
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
Data valid as at 00:00 GMT May 31st, 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

4 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR is 3.023%.

1 case and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.973% and active cases 17.

The UK had a higher 3,283 cases yesterday and only 1 death.

Just over 8k new cases in the USA yesterday and 115 deaths sees CMR at 1.787%. There was also an upward adjustment of almost 50k cases for last week.

Other notable points:

Asia drops below the 10 day 90th percentile;

only-
Afghanistan (1,143); and
Thailand (5,485)

... recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for their 10 day average and none drop below.
I see in the media reports that Peru has revised it's official Covid death toll, nearly tripling, making it the making it the country with the worst death rate per capita.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-...orld/100180406

I assume this will flow through into your figures tomorrow, Russ?

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
Old 01-06-2021, 02:37 PM   #11088
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Yeah I like the idea, but that is the US, run everything like running a business. Give a time card for each person who gets it, line them up at the exit, ask your questions then let them go

I am sure we will have some over the top OHS reason why it cant be done.
Apply one demerit point “credit” to your licence per full vaccination. That would line them up!
2 users like this post:
Old 01-06-2021, 02:56 PM   #11089
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Ever heard of satire?
Maybe do some research first as you say.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
Old 01-06-2021, 04:29 PM   #11090
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Umm, have you ever read any other Beetoota Advocate articles?
Old 01-06-2021, 04:42 PM   #11091
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Umm, have you ever read any other Beetoota Advocate articles?
Nah boss.
Life committed to covid reporting and agendas
- Antz Turboside Intake
Old 01-06-2021, 06:29 PM   #11092
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Apply one demerit point “credit” to your licence per full vaccination. That would line them up!
That will cater to a certain demographic but I can see people with decades of clean driving not giving a toss about an extra point.

Money talks in this situation.

They could /should have linked the vaccination program to the 4 x $25 vouchers everyone got.

It was going to be given away anyway, why not give it to the people that got vaccinated??

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Old 01-06-2021, 06:32 PM   #11093
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
Ever heard of satire?
Maybe do some research first as you say.
Having a bit of a slow day are we fella?

Last edited by GasoLane; 01-06-2021 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Leave it for the school playground please
Old 01-06-2021, 07:01 PM   #11094
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:

Having a bit of a slow day are we fella? Geez... you're not the sharpest tool in the shed are ya?

Maybe try reading all posts in this thread before making yourself look like an idiot.

edit: Oh wait.. you actually DID... and even hit the Thanks button to the very next post! A very, very slow day eh fella?
Nice backtrack after realising it's satire.

Sorry 'fella' I don't need to be deep ingrained in the plague to push political agendas.
- Antz Turboside Intake
5 users like this post:
Old 01-06-2021, 07:15 PM   #11095
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hehe the Beetooda Advocate and Chasers have caught many people out, sadly I think that's because they are slowly blurring the lines between satire and reality. But even I could read donkey's sarcasm.

Just three of 13 promised pop-up clinics for aged care and disability support workers have opened
https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...=p529w3#p529w3
Quote:
"At the end of April, the Department of Health said 13 special pop-up clinics would be opened up to help vaccinate aged care and disability support workers.

So far, three of those clinics have been opened up, and all three are in NSW.

The department’s associate secretary Caroline Edwards said discussions were still under way with other states and territories about where those hubs should be set up."
Boss in the UK was telling me just now that the Twickenham stadium, their largest vaccination centre, is processing 18,000 jabs a day. That's ONE venue.
Old 01-06-2021, 08:46 PM   #11096
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83 View Post
Nice backtrack after realising it's satire.
Gold standard backpedaling...
2 users like this post:
Old 01-06-2021, 10:19 PM   #11097
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Get ready for an extension, 7 days I reckon. Pure guess judging by language being used.

These "fleeting" transmissions sound like BS too. Me thinks some of these zombies aren't telling the full story.
Old 01-06-2021, 11:24 PM   #11098
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

As a zombie briefly holidayed in southern NSW, it’s about to get more interesting…
Old 02-06-2021, 08:41 AM   #11099
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Jeff Kennett slams Dan Andrews government over the latest lockdown

Quote:
A former Victorian Premier has slammed Dan Andrew's government as 'pathetically unprofessional' over its handling of the latest Covid-19 outbreak.

Jeff Kennett said the state had become 'the economic sinkhole for Australia' and claimed the latest lockdown would destroy many Victorian businesses forever.

'We are the only state that has had four lockdowns and we were in lockdown for most of last year,' he told A Current Affair.

'The trouble here is the administration of this state is so pathetically unprofessional, the things that we should have learnt before and dealt with like contact tracing has not been learned.'
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austr...?ocid=msedgntp
3 users like this post:
Old 02-06-2021, 08:57 AM   #11100
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
As a zombie briefly holidayed in southern NSW, it’s about to get more interesting…
Melbourne visitor with COVID-19 sparks health alert in NSW

https://www.9news.com.au/national/co...7-039eec2cbc16

AG will mobilise the GSS CTs

Might also be time to...

Closed Thread