Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 29-07-2021, 12:57 PM   #1
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
Catching up on some of the footage Avi has put up and recognised this woman in one of his vids
@2mins and @4.20mins, I reckon thats her

Well spotted, that 'small business owner', Carly Soderstrom went bankrupt in 2019 not Covid lockdown related. She owes creditors over $400,000. She took over $60 000 from people who fell for her lockdown bankrupt Viral BS through a GoFundMe page.

One of the other women only set up shop 18months ago and blames lockdowns for her small business failure. She set up an events hire business at the start of a pandemic! I'm sorry for her but it was just really bad luck.

Rebel News is like a Canadian version of Fox news. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but just so we realise they have a far right agenda. So when he says 'just the facts', you have to take it with a handful of salt..
Old 17-07-2021, 10:24 AM   #2
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Got my first shot of AZ yesterday. They finally made it available in town.
Didn't feel a thing but I was pretty crook last night.
High temperature, chills, shakes, nausea so the porcelain got a decent workout, and no sleep.
Feel like crap (bus ran over me type of crap) and have a pretty big headache.
Old 17-07-2021, 01:11 PM   #3
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT July 16th 2021.

Note
: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

113 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR is 2.884%.

9 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.928%.

The UK had a higher 51,273 cases yesterday and lower 49 deaths for a CMR of 2.412%.

A higher 38,785 new cases in the USA yesterday and higher 460 deaths sees CMR at 1.789%.

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 190M, the last 1M in 2 days;
The last 4 days have seen global case number back over 500k / day;
Africa sets a new daily high of 48,278 cases;

British Virgin Islands (391);
Senegal (738);
Algeria (1,197) - the previous high on 24/11/20;
Fiji (1,405);
Libya (2,876);
Kazakhstan (5,648); and
Thailand (9,692)

... all recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Ireland moves above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while no countries drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 17-07-2021, 02:36 PM   #4
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Chatting to a mate in London, the whole of England get their freedom day on Monday. This means ALL restrictions are lifted...caps, masking, everything. However there is one remaining controversy, they are still required to use QR code to check into venues.

Apparently they still require people to isolate for 14 days if they are positive or a "close contact", even for the fully jabbed. This has prompted a lot of people to delete the NHS app, and electing to manually enter "donald duck" details.

Not sure how this is going to work. Opening up will mean Covid will be everywhere, are they going to isolate the whole country?! Interesting test case coming up on what to do and what not to do once we are ready to open up.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
4 users like this post:
Old 17-07-2021, 02:49 PM   #5
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Chatting to a mate in London, the whole of England get their freedom day on Monday. This means ALL restrictions are lifted...caps, masking, everything. However there is one remaining controversy, they are still required to use QR code to check into venues.

Apparently they still require people to isolate for 14 days if they are positive or a "close contact", even for the fully jabbed. This has prompted a lot of people to delete the NHS app, and electing to manually enter "donald duck" details.

Not sure how this is going to work. Opening up will mean Covid will be everywhere, are they going to isolate the whole country?! Interesting test case coming up on what to do and what not to do once we are ready to open up.
If most of the population is vaccinated then what more can you do? get on with life is what they doing and most of the population just want to do that.
Same here get the people vaccinated and open up our borders instead of locking us all the time.
2 users like this post:
Old 17-07-2021, 03:01 PM   #6
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officemanager View Post
If most of the population is vaccinated then what more can you do? get on with life is what they doing and most of the population just want to do that.
Same here get the people vaccinated and open up our borders instead of locking us all the time.
Yep, its an odd policy, I can see everyone getting pinged to isolate in the first 2 weeks.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...SHORTAGES.html

Regarding the tiktok lady, she is not getting much sympathy given her comments as recent as June.

https://twitter.com/lilzzzza/status/...845290499?s=20

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

Old 17-07-2021, 04:03 PM   #7
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Regarding the tiktok lady, she is not getting much sympathy given her comments as recent as June.
Nor should she.

I dont feel too sorry for restaurants. They've had ample time to get their delivery business sorted, no excuses now.

And as for construction workers crying poor... cry me a river. Friends who were doing reno projects over the last few months have complained they cant get anyone to show up unless you're paying way over the going rate and paying cash. Tax cheats are the last people I want to be supporting.
3 users like this post:
Old 17-07-2021, 02:26 PM   #8
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

What’s it been? ONE covid death this YEAR ( for the entire of Australia)?
It’s friggin nuts!
Hospitals overflowing with cases?
Funeral homes unable to cope?
“Gold standard” “Platinum standard”, whatever feckin standard…. Your all been takin for a ride!
Meanwhile empty planes carting pollies off to Olympics, or to “mucho important” meetings, or ferrying celebrities in…. Whilst Joe Blow can’t go more than 5ks from his home?
Got up for gigs, this whole fiasco…,
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Old 17-07-2021, 09:45 PM   #9
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
What’s it been? ONE covid death this YEAR ( for the entire of Australia)? .............

Meanwhile empty planes carting pollies off to Olympics, or to “mucho important” meetings, or ferrying celebrities in…. Whilst Joe Blow can’t go more than 5ks from his home?
On point.....this is a joke.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...anded-overseas

https://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...106f34d22e7085

Death count is 4 at the moment. 3 from the latest Syd outbreak. Hospitalisation rate in Syd is running just below 10%. Restrictions are needed (IMHO) but the above is an absolute joke on all of us.

Rides (past and present)

3 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2021, 12:33 PM   #10
Hippy
Man from Ironbark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
It’s friggin nuts!
“Gold standard” “Platinum standard”, whatever feckin standard…. Your all been takin for a ride!
not to mention Military war games , going on in QLD Shoalwater bay .
border , 10 kays from me .

Yep ,, From Singapore , asia , etc...

the Singapore , bought , training ground , aquired many - many Aussie Beef producing properties , with a deal with our Gov .

big operation here .. thousands overseas Military ..Bloody Joke , wonder where they quarantine at ,,, , so the International border is only for ppl that are Deemed to . Should i say it ,,Have Influence and have Big Money to Grease Pollies Palms ? Wonder how many have Properties / etc in said Countrys

What , no bloody masks , when they shop in Rocky ??

So , no Border restrictions . for thousands of Military .

nothing has been said about that ...

Papers Please .......

Last edited by Hippy; 18-07-2021 at 12:40 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2021, 01:20 PM   #11
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippy View Post
not to mention Military war games , going on in QLD Shoalwater bay .
border , 10 kays from me .

Yep ,, From Singapore , asia , etc...

the Singapore , bought , training ground , aquired many - many Aussie Beef producing properties , with a deal with our Gov .

big operation here .. thousands overseas Military ..Bloody Joke , wonder where they quarantine at ,,, , so the International border is only for ppl that are Deemed to . Should i say it ,,Have Influence and have Big Money to Grease Pollies Palms ? Wonder how many have Properties / etc in said Countrys

What , no bloody masks , when they shop in Rocky ??

So , no Border restrictions . for thousands of Military .

nothing has been said about that ...

Papers Please .......
The CCP agree with you, we shouldn’t allow our military to train with our allies
2 users like this post:
Old 17-07-2021, 06:31 PM   #12
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Not looking good.

Rolling truck blockade right outside Aldi Bankstown all horns blazing...

Police pulled over one.

My brother is in the construction game, told me all work sites closed next 2 weeks?

Haven't been looking at the covid updates today.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
2 users like this post:
Old 17-07-2021, 07:36 PM   #13
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not looking good for Vic either. New exposure site listed - Lygon st pub during the EURO 2020 final.

18 of the 19 today have been out in the community.

Tuesday easing of restrictions ain't looking good. I reckon they'll ask for another week.

Interesting that the Syd removalists that started the Vic outbreak spent 5 hours with a family in SA, apparently not wearing masks either, but did not infect anyone. Tin foil hat time.

Rides (past and present)

This user likes this post:
Old 17-07-2021, 07:57 PM   #14
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Not looking good for Vic either. New exposure site listed - Lygon st pub during the EURO 2020 final.

18 of the 19 today have been out in the community.

Tuesday easing of restrictions ain't looking good. I reckon they'll ask for another week.

Interesting that the Syd removalists that started the Vic outbreak spent 5 hours with a family in SA, apparently not wearing masks either, but did not infect anyone. Tin foil hat time.
Easing of restrictions for next Tuesday was always going to be doubtful from the start and you being a Victorian should should know better how it works here in Melbourne. I will predict it will take about the same time or more than what we endured last time for restrictions to ease.
The rural regions may see some restriction lifted early but not before next Tuesday, our government masters often offer false hopes.
2 users like this post:
Old 17-07-2021, 08:01 PM   #15
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officemanager View Post
Easing of restrictions for next Tuesday was always going to be doubtful from the start and you being a Victorian should should know better how it works here in Melbourne. I will predict it will take about the same time or more than what we endured last time for restrictions to ease.
The rural regions may see some restriction lifted early but not before next Tuesday.
Ya...I'm forever hopeful. 2 weeks with no one moving around should be enough to weed out the infected and ring fence the close contacts. Hopefully.

Just can't see how we are going to avoid having further lock downs going forward. Its either let it rip or just more of this. And with close to 10% hospitalisation rate in NSW, its getting quite depressing. Keep calm and carry on.

Rides (past and present)

Old 17-07-2021, 08:09 PM   #16
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
…My brother is in the construction game, told me all work sites closed next 2 weeks?
Yes, in theory. They’ve given grossly insufficient time for this part of their decree, if people suffer losses in consequence I think they will have good grounds for a claim against the government.

The clowns next to me (re)dug strip footings all morning, some of their (re)work is in the neighbour’s “zone of influence” so he could go them for future cracking if it’s not poured ASAP. And, open roofs on major renovations - you’re not going to put a blue poly tarp on it and then expect to resume in a fortnight. Even if you have access to builders’ tarps it may be that they can’t supply soon enough to comply with the requirements.
2 users like this post:
Old 17-07-2021, 08:43 PM   #17
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Yes, in theory. They’ve given grossly insufficient time for this part of their decree, if people suffer losses in consequence I think they will have good grounds for a claim against the government.

The clowns next to me (re)dug strip footings all morning, some of their (re)work is in the neighbour’s “zone of influence” so he could go them for future cracking if it’s not poured ASAP. And, open roofs on major renovations - you’re not going to put a blue poly tarp on it and then expect to resume in a fortnight. Even if you have access to builders’ tarps it may be that they can’t supply soon enough to comply with the requirements.
What a bloody disaster......

Roof would probably be able to be finished to the most basic of standards under the 'emergency work' provision?

Looking at the fine print. I'm also not allowed to go to work now?

I live in the Canterbury - Bankstown LGA and work a few days casual teaching and a few nights in the city at the front desk of an apartment complex.

Schools closed, both probably deemed non essential.

Emailing my boss now for clarification.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-...ined/100301642

What a poorly worded article.... no wonder people are confused. Flicking back and forth with the rules.

Quote:
Until now, authorities had encouraged everyone in Greater Sydney and its surrounds to work from home if they could, but the definition of who was an essential worker was left up to employees and businesses to decide.

That's changing. From 11:59pm on Saturday, people in the LGAs of Fairfield, Liverpool and Canterbury-Bankstown are able to leave those areas for work.

Last edited by Yellow_Festiva; 17-07-2021 at 08:49 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 17-07-2021, 09:05 PM   #18
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Yes, you’re not allowed to go to work. I know you’re a workaholic, so extend my condolences.
Old 18-07-2021, 09:14 AM   #19
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Yes, you’re not allowed to go to work. I know you’re a workaholic, so extend my condolences.
Was a workaholic - now semi retired

Have a few projects that I will be working on during the lockdown. Don't worry, hold off the condolences for now

3 users like this post:
Old 17-07-2021, 09:16 PM   #20
slowsnake
Banned

Email from friend I stayed with at Smithfield 9 years ago, she worked then at Fairfield Public Hospital, Sydney.
Her friend who still works at Fairfield, both RN's had contact with a relative of a covid positive patient in lift.
She told me her friend and herself both fully Pfizer vaccinated, her friend put off for 14 days home isolation, she is to be paid 3 prior booked shifts, and not the whole 14 days isolation!

Sounds like a rough deal to me for going to work!
Make me wanna change jobs!

Cheers Billy.
Old 18-07-2021, 01:59 AM   #21
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool
It’s friggin nuts!
3 deaths this year Charlie and yes, the reactions have probably been a bit OTT but no one wants to see a repeat of the Victorian debacle of last year which probably accounted for ~800 deaths and ~19k cases.

As I said earlier, the UK is going to be the litmus test as to how we might be able to return to relative normality once we reach a critical mass of vaccinated people. The case numbers haven't been promising so far but if the mortality rate stays low then that might well be the new normal we all keep banging on about.

Observatio Facta Rotae

6 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2021, 03:06 AM   #22
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

.. as a PS: we have 115 cases currently hospitalised nationally (75 of those in NSW) of which 28 are in ICU (18 in NSW).

There were 2,378 ICU beds in total at the end of 2019 (466 of which were private) and we haven't gone anywhere near saturating the health care system partly through good management (increasing capacity and managing outbreaks) and partly through sheer good luck. The latest COO from July 15th shows that there were 1,916 public ICU beds available (for COVID patients) nationally but that doesn't mean that they are evenly spread and it doesn't count 'surge' capacity which each state has some of.

NSW has the most with 842 or 1 per 8,400 persons;
NT has 24 or 1 per 10,270 people;
ACT has 37 or 1 per 11,500 people;
Victoria has 427 or 1 per 15,200 people;
Tasmania has 33 or 1 per 15,453 people;
QLD had 325 or 1 per 15,953 people;
WA has 138 or 1 per 19,326 people; and
SA has 86 or 1 per 20,590 people.

Some food for thought.

We have about 40% the population of the UK but if we had 40% of their current case numbers we'd be running at 20,000 cases a day so even if only the same 10% (as now) were hospitalised that's 2,000 new hospital patients per day and if the same percentage of those required ICU treatment (let's be generous and say only 20%) that's 400 per day and with an average ICU stay of 12 days before being downgraded to general care (or dying) it wouldn't take long for a big state based cluster to overwhelm the system. Also bear in mind that we have limited general ward capacity and with a non-ICU hospitalisation ranging anywhere from a few days to a few months that would also rapidly become an issue too.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 18-07-2021, 05:38 AM   #23
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It is good the see NSW is doing ****-all to stop the spread of the COVID - they should charge her and her Government

I read this morning that 4 removalists left one of the locked down LGA's for Western NSW and 3 of them had had the test and had tested positive - JAIL THEM
Old 18-07-2021, 06:18 AM   #24
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Our favourite CHO has been absent the last few days, leaving Dr Kirkpatrick to hold the medical fort per South Australia. Is she in Tokyo with her husband? Not so much stirring, as just missing the impeccable glamour.

The latest ad-hoc restrictions slapped on Sydney theoretically seem to stop delivery workers (post, courier, freight, pathology) from the “target” LGAs attending their jobs. I hope they’re going to tweak these details better - we shouldn’t practically go 2+ weeks without reliable mail.
4 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2021, 08:40 AM   #25
slowsnake
Banned

Well it is a Ford Forum, so how about the " Pony Express " that's guaranteed to get the mail through!...lol.

Cheers Billy.
Old 18-07-2021, 10:06 AM   #26
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by
The latest ad-hoc [URL="https://www.nsw.gov.au/media-releases/restrictions-to-further-limit-spread-of-covid-19-delta-strain"
restrictions[/URL] slapped on Sydney theoretically seem to stop delivery workers (post, courier, freight, pathology) from the “target” LGAs attending their jobs. I hope they’re going to tweak these details better - we shouldn’t practically go 2+ weeks without reliable mail.
They have been tweeked overnight. It was a big oversight, promote delivery rather than retail then not include transport in authorised workers. I had meetings arranged today to try to work out what we could do, looks like that is sorted now.

https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/rule...orised-workers

3 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2021, 10:14 AM   #27
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Good to see item 28 in there, also 32 seems malleable and might benefit from further distillation.
Old 18-07-2021, 09:17 AM   #28
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
It is good the see NSW is doing ****-all to stop the spread of the COVID - they should charge her and her Government

I read this morning that 4 removalists left one of the locked down LGA's for Western NSW and 3 of them had had the test and had tested positive - JAIL THEM
I tell you what, that Limo driver will be wanting to change his name and move to another country for his own protection if he had an ounce of intelligence and valued his self preservation.

2 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2021, 09:32 AM   #29
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
3 deaths this year Charlie and yes, the reactions have probably been a bit OTT but no one wants to see a repeat of the Victorian debacle of last year which probably accounted for ~800 deaths and ~19k cases.
Russ, there were 3 recently, and 1 back in April from QLD I think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
I tell you what, that Limo driver will be wanting to change his name and move to another country for his own protection if he had an ounce of intelligence and valued his self preservation.
I would say its very fortunate that he got tested immediately when he became unwell, or this could be 3 times worse. Melb's last outbreak had someone running around for 12 days (or was it 14?) unwell.

He wasn't required to wear a mask, so he didn't. Its the "4th line of defence" he is told. Even that could be a red herring. I read somewhere he thinks he caught it from someone at a cafe he was sitting next to. Without the source identified, its going to be a he said she said. His details disclosed, Chan 7 rocking up at his house, I can see a defamation suit coming once this is all settled. Reminds me of nebuliser man, however nebuliser man outed himself by calling into a radio station.

tiktok man reckons 105 today.

Rides (past and present)

4 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2021, 10:49 AM   #30
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
He wasn't required to wear a mask, so he didn't. Its the "4th line of defence" he is told. Even that could be a red herring. I read somewhere he thinks he caught it from someone at a cafe he was sitting next to. Without the source identified, its going to be a he said she said. His details disclosed, Chan 7 rocking up at his house, I can see a defamation suit coming once this is all settled. Reminds me of nebuliser man, however nebuliser man outed himself by calling into a radio station.

tiktok man reckons 105 today.
Absolutely. That's how we find ourselves in our situation. Some of the polies decided that people will use 'common sense'.

How wonderful - he said he didn't 'need' to wear a mask or get tested so he 'chose' to use that as an 'out' to justify his sheer selfishness and stupidity.

We ALL have an in built instinct for self preservation. We don't need to be told not to touch fire. We don't need to be reminded to wear a jacket in the snow. Yes, it may be common sense but it's also instinct.

We try to keep ourselves alive for as long as possible.

This fool worked in a high risk, dangerous industry and should have taken it upon himself to do his best for himself and the people around him.

Much like you would warn someone that you just spilt water in the supermarket, or help an old person cross the road. You do it just because it's the right thing to do.

I got tested 3 times last week, I wear my mask any time I step out and I tried my best to get vaccinated as soon as possible. I get my second Pfizer dose next week.

I live in Bankstown and work in the city and in multiple schools. High risk, higher chance to catch virus, higher chance again to spread it to others if I had it.

I didn't need any law to tell me to do this, I didn't need to be forced to do it. I did it because I wouldn't want to live with the fact I could have made my parents, 2 young girls or work mates and friends and family sick from my selfishness.

Some will call me a sheep, a slave to the new world order. I don't care. I see it as being a part of the solution, not part of the problem.

I know people that point blank refuse to get the vaccination, yet load up on fast food every day, and drink, smoke and do recreational drugs on the weekends.

But... but the vaccination is really bad for you...

Closed Thread