Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 13-08-2006, 01:30 AM   #61
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE][QUOTE=MaC]What the hell are you on about DOC? Come to the thread with preconceptions & assumptions then post a whole bunch of

[QUOTE][QUOTE]When I started the thread I didn’t want people to know my whole life story or why I lost everything I had. I didn’t want donations or anything like that. I didn’t want people to feel sorry for me. All I wanted was for my ****box car to goWell i hope you get your car on the road, and i did write this was not a personal attack, and it was not , but you posted on the WWW and once you do that it is open for public debate.

Quote:
[QUOTE]When I started the thread I didn’t want people to know my whole life story or why I lost everything I had. I didn’t want donations or anything like that. I didn’t want people to feel sorry for me. All I wanted was for my ****box car to go[QUOTE]

The anthony robins option is still open if you wish but i understand that at the moment it must be tough dealing with everything , over time things seem to pan out, but if there not for you i wont take it on board or personal and will keep them no drama's thankyou for your reply.

Last edited by Laminge; 13-08-2006 at 10:52 AM. Reason: at the request of doc
Old 13-08-2006, 08:03 AM   #62
MaC

The site admin have my name & bank details. If they think that im a con im sure they will pass that info onto the police. Im sure they wouldn’t give my information to the police and accuse me of being a con based on assumptions.

DOC I didn’t just interpret what you wrote as negative. Scroll up and read it.

You question everything I have said. Even the title of the thread. It’s an insult.

Just because you qualify it, as “not a personal attack” doesn’t mean that it isn’t.

GT290 at least you have the guts to say it straight. If you think im a con that’s great. But stop for a second and think logically & rationally about it. What sort of backwards poor excuse for a con man would spend over two weeks to get a couple of hundred bucks? It just doesn’t add up. You have to be kidding rite.

I think the reason some people suspect other people of being cons or dishonest based on preconceptions is because the people accusing others themselves are of a dishonest nature and unsound character. Then its only natural to assume that everyone else is just like you.

Well im nothing like you at all. I gave away my “cruisy” life so that someone other than myself might live for a while longer. That’s how I ended up in this situation. If you find that hard to believe that’s because im nothing like you.

Plenty of other people that have seen the thread don’t think the way you guys do. Thank God for them.

I guess for all the skeptics only time will tell. Make sure you subscribe to this thread and see how it all turns out in a few months.
Old 13-08-2006, 08:36 AM   #63
MaC

To all the people that offered to help by sending money or by coming and doing the box at my house thank you.

It looks like I will have enough for a tow to the RPD workshop. Wooohooo
Old 13-08-2006, 11:09 AM   #64
woodsy109

Smile

Good to hear you have enough to get your car fixed. It must have been hard with 4 kids and no car.

By the way I don't want to be repayed. Just when you are back on your feet remember to take the time to help another aussie in need
Old 13-08-2006, 04:17 PM   #65
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaC
You question everything I have said. Even the title of the thread. It’s an insult.
Well i appoligise for that , i just wondered why it could not have been written, "trouble with gear box" or similar but all old news now, Mac happy it is all sorted for you and your car is getting on the road.
Old 13-08-2006, 07:21 PM   #66
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Mate just check your auto cooling heat exchanger through radiator??? You MAY have issues there ??? Like you blew a radiator hose and there's auto fluid all over engine!!!! What can and has happened is the pipe that atf flows through corrods and coolant & atf mix...What other reason would there be to have rad hose blow and have atf over engine... My concern is that when another box is fitted the same issue could a rise?? Maybe just fit external trans cooler...
I have spare rad here if needed....
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
Old 14-08-2006, 04:37 AM   #67
GT290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaC
The site admin have my name & bank details. If they think that im a con im sure they will pass that info onto the police. Im sure they wouldn’t give my information to the police and accuse me of being a con based on assumptions.

DOC I didn’t just interpret what you wrote as negative. Scroll up and read it.

Just because you qualify it, as “not a personal attack” doesn’t mean that it isn’t.

GT290 at least you have the guts to say it straight. If you think im a con that’s great. But stop for a second and think logically & rationally about it. What sort of backwards poor excuse for a con man would spend over two weeks to get a couple of hundred bucks? It just doesn’t add up. You have to be kidding rite.

I think the reason some people suspect other people of being cons or dishonest based on preconceptions is because the people accusing others themselves are of a dishonest nature and unsound character. Then its only natural to assume that everyone else is just like you.

Well im nothing like you at all. I gave away my “cruisy” life so that someone other than myself might live for a while longer. That’s how I ended up in this situation. If you find that hard to believe that’s because im nothing like you.

Plenty of other people that have seen the thread don’t think the way you guys do. Thank God for them.

I guess for all the skeptics only time will tell. Make sure you subscribe to this thread and see how it all turns out in a few months.

Well its great that there are people on here willing to help. Its the way we do things in this country is it not, help those that have fallen by the way and are needy. Rightly so, but this is modern times and people will try any thing and are very cheecky about it. My comments were harsh but I am a fair person. I do not aplogise for having my say and I do think its a shame that people get so bad, I wonder about the kids and how they grow up through it all. One thing is for sure, if they come out of it at the end honest and respectfull they will be much better people for it than most who have had it all and I say that having been through it my self. I said I would help and I would like to be a person of my word and help you in some small way as you still need that beast of yours on the road and its the rego to come. I know its not cheap up there in NSW so PM me with BSB & account details and it will be done. I pledge to you 50 bucks to help get your car going so you can cart the tin lids around.
Cheers
Kevin
PS Just cause I suspect dishonesty, dose not mean that I am. Far from it.
Good luck
Old 14-08-2006, 08:47 AM   #68
MaC

Default :d

Thanks woodsy109 I wont forget what you have done

ebxr8240 mate I think the hose may have been damaged. The car has obviously had a big front ender before I got hold of it and the day the hose went it was 40 plus. I just used to cruise around like grandma so I guess the combo of heat & stress of going fast may have been enough to expose any faults in the hose. Thanks for the tip though, I will be sure to check it out further. Its nice to know you have a spare radiator also.

To DOC & GT290 I don’t know what to say to you.

Its looks like some posts have been deleted and it looks like others have been edited like crazy. Maybe people should think before they speak.

You seem to have changed your tunes now but I did get to read your posts before they were edited & deleted. Knowing how you guys felt beforehand tells me all I need to know about you.

If you guys weren’t to reply to this thread anymore I think that would be best for everyone involved. I respect that people have different views. My view is that anything you say doesn’t matter so just let it go. Im sure you have better things to do.

Last edited by Laminge; 14-08-2006 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Public forum, expect people to be honest with their opinions, I certainly didnt expect this though
Old 14-08-2006, 09:04 AM   #69
MaC

Thanks for the offer Hally. Hopefully the beast will be running by then
Old 14-08-2006, 02:33 PM   #70
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebxr8240
Mate just check your auto cooling heat exchanger through radiator??? You MAY have issues there ??? Like you blew a radiator hose and there's auto fluid all over engine!!!! What can and has happened is the pipe that atf flows through corrods and coolant & atf mix...What other reason would there be to have rad hose blow and have atf over engine... My concern is that when another box is fitted the same issue could a rise?? Maybe just fit external trans cooler...
I have spare rad here if needed....

I'd say get the radiator replaced with a new one (or decent re-conditioned one) ... otherwise it will definitely be a costly exercise again ... i am with ebxr8240 here on this ... it is common for the transmission cooler part of the radiator to corrode through and cause issues.
Old 14-08-2006, 03:00 PM   #71
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaC
To DOC & GT290 I don’t know what to say to you.

Its looks like some posts have been deleted and it looks like others have been edited like crazy. Maybe people should think before they speak.

You seem to have changed your tunes now but I did get to read your posts before they were edited & deleted. Knowing how you guys felt beforehand tells me all I need to know about you.

If you guys weren’t to reply to this thread anymore I think that would be best for everyone involved. I respect that people have different views. My view is that anything you say doesn’t matter so just let it go. Im sure you have better things to do.
Mac, the only post / part post i asked to be deleted at my request, was my private information i posted for you to read, which you have done and it is now private again, further to this i dont change tunes, i will restate from the begining my questions were not a personal attak, if they were read that way i do appologise once again, but yes i did question the thread in an open way.

Lastly i will post at my will, with as much right as you have to post and will not have you tell me when i can post or not, and i am not in favour of you making me out to be a bad person or similar just because i chose to respond to this post, i have also offered appreciation that your car is being repaired, putting the towel down in the corner from my side, but you have been the one wanting to continue this, lastly yes i will step from the ring but this is my choice and not due to any comments you have made, as above i was big enough to let it go, you kept it going.

exit.
Old 14-08-2006, 03:18 PM   #72
MaC

Im glad we sorted that out.

I will be sure to get it checked Mechan1k.
I have been looking at it but I cant see any obvious signs. It has a small little radiator that sits in front of the main radiator. Hmmm I will just take a pic.
Here
It all looks to be in good working order.
It seemed to run fine for a couple of months after the initial incident. How can i tell if the two fluids are getting mixed ?
I guess your saying that water or cooland is getting into the auto?
Old 14-08-2006, 04:36 PM   #73
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

OK ... it looks like it already has an auxiliiary transmission cooler fitted ... but the Ford radiator also incorporate a transmission cooler into it as well ... and is a part of the radiator as well. Usually the part that seperates the oil cooler and the radiator rusts through ... and allows coolant and trans fluid to mix (=BAD).

All in all it looks like one unit ... but it is seperated ... I'll try and dig up a picture for you. (Sorry ... have been searching all over the place but couldn't find a decent pic to explain it.)
Old 14-08-2006, 05:06 PM   #74
MaC

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiddy
Well if the box is supplied, rather than taking the car to get the box fitted at RPD, i'll drive to RPD pick the box up, and go with EBXR8 and his tools to help fit it.. EBXR8 has the tools to do it, we live reasonably close together and it seems like the easiest way I can think of doing it..
saves towing fee's and the hassel of getting the car out there.

I know my way around the n/a fairlanes reasonable well to, as I used to have one.
Mate that sounds like a plan. If i can save the $ from the tow and put it towards getting it registered that would be the optimum outcome.
I will get on the blower to justfordima and see what he has to say about it.
lol i dont know if you guys remember how much longer things take without air. I dont have a compressor here so we could be at it for a while.
Old 14-08-2006, 05:12 PM   #75
justfordima
RPD

you don't need compressed air to change a gearbox, just your usual socket set with some spanners.

Ive talked to a couple of people, and so far no one can guarantee me a "good" box, all the ones people have either make funny noises, or unknown. The last thing I wanna do is supply a box that becomes faulty once more.

And as suggested, it would be much easier for you if it were done at your place or similar. And Im watching this thread, so let me know what you come up with.

Cheers
Old 14-08-2006, 05:25 PM   #76
MaC

Thanks mate. You just saved me a fone call. Well beggars can’t be choosers. If a noisy box is all that you can get then that will have to do. Im sure your connections are much better than mine. You know what they say. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Mate I have no choice but to take what I can get.
Old 14-08-2006, 05:29 PM   #77
justfordima
RPD

Ok, I'll see where he's gotten it to.. (might need pulling out of a car).

And once you organise a date/time/location, post it up (or PM me), and we'll get things on the way.

Cheers
Old 14-08-2006, 05:40 PM   #78
2002auxr6
Drunk!

Im going to cop abuse for this but why dont u get a job or cut back on luxurys such as the INTERNET, alot of people have $$ problems and family problems but to post them on a public forom and ask people for help is just wrong considering you only joined up to ask people for money.

waiting on the abuse to come my way
Old 14-08-2006, 05:47 PM   #79
MaC

Yeah ur rite mate. The computer will be the next thing to be sold.
The INTERNET is free for the 1st 3 months. Part of the deal from telstra.
Don’t worry mate. Im selling everything I own. It’s pretty degrading to have to ask strangers for help.
Old 14-08-2006, 06:18 PM   #80
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002auxr6
Im going to cop abuse for this but why dont u get a job or cut back on luxurys such as the INTERNET, alot of people have $$ problems and family problems but to post them on a public forom and ask people for help is just wrong considering you only joined up to ask people for money.

waiting on the abuse to come my way

Mac Never asked for any cash, he has only asked for help. A few forum members felt compelled to help Mac but were unable due to being in a different states of Australia, so some of us would like to help him out with the repairs fianancially..... I have pledge $30 to him. As far as I am concerned, Mac has fallen on tough times and needs a hand. As an Australian I help my mates and the odd stranger, who I feel is in genuine need.. It's called, being a Good Samaritan, and it is also called being a Aussie..... I also believe, what goes around come around.. And if Mac in not genuine, then some how he will get what he deserves. But in this case I do believe he is in genuine need, and I am happy to give the bloke a go.....

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 14-08-2006, 06:18 PM   #81
MaC

Sorry mate I didn’t read your post properly.
I didn’t join up to ask people for money. You should go to the beginning of the thread and read it all before you make assumptions mate.
Old 14-08-2006, 06:27 PM   #82
MaC

Thanks jabba man ever since someone posted something on page 3 I have been stuck trying to defend myself. It’s like a wave of negativity hit the tread since then.

Abusive posts, deleted posts. I dunno what’s going on man. It’s like that movie with
Leonardo DiCaprio “The Beach” Everything is sweet on the perfect little island until that dude gets bitten by the shark. Then everyone just wants to sweep him under the carpet and get back to playing volleyball or whatever they were doing.
Old 14-08-2006, 06:58 PM   #83
MaC

I dunno mate. When I bought that car I paid cash. I paid cash for that R1 aswell.
It used to be simple for me. Go to work, save up and get what I want. But now I cant just go to work and make some $.
Like now I have to wait 49 days before I find out if I have been approved for a disability pension. It’s the uncertainty that’s getting me.
Until your on the bed in the emergency room with people sucking your blood not knowing if you will have the chance to teach your kids the tips and tricks of life you cant really appreciate the feeling. It’s indescribable. No words do it justice.
I grew up in Mt Druitt. Pretty rough place & had come close calls. I have had a bike accident at over 200+ and got away without a scratch.
Nothing compares to this fear man. It the combination of everything all hitting me at once I think. I will get through it though. I just have to use my head now instead of just working
Old 14-08-2006, 07:03 PM   #84
MaC

peedee would know the feeling. Being a cardiac nurse he would see the fear in peoples eyes all the time.
useless would know the fear having had to take himself to the hospital while having his heart attack.

Man you wouldn’t wish it on anyone

Last edited by MaC; 14-08-2006 at 07:23 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 14-08-2006, 07:21 PM   #85
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaC
I dunno mate. When I bought that car I paid cash. I paid cash for that R1 aswell.
It used to be simple for me. Go to work, save up and get what I want. But now I cant just go to work and make some $.
Like now I have to wait 49 days before I find out if I have been approved for a disability pension. It’s the uncertainty that’s getting me.
Until your on the bed in the emergency room with people sucking your blood not knowing if you will have the chance to teach your kids the tips and tricks of life you cant really appreciate the feeling. It’s indescribable. No words do it justice.
I grew up in Mt Druitt. Pretty rough place & had come close calls. I have had a bike accident at over 200+ and got away without a scratch.
Nothing compares to this fear man. It the combination of everything all hitting me at once I think. I will get through it though. I just have to use my head now instead of just working
The problem you are facing is that the Internet is ripe with fraudesters, and you cant blame people for thinking that you maybe a fraudster yourself. It is natural for people to ask questions, and tuff it maybe, not to get angry when your integrity is questioned. whether you like it or not, you will be judge by the users on this forum. As I said, my judgment found you being genuine, and the fact that the moderators have let this thread continue and are also collect the money for you, also points in the direction that you a genuine....

The biggest bummer I feel for you is that you have kids. I feel for them and hope you get better real soon.....

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 14-08-2006, 07:54 PM   #86
MaC

Thanks jabba.

I expect people to be skeptical of everyone. But when people say things based on assumptions. It’s frustrating. That’s what gets me fired up.

Take this Iraq war for example. Where are these weapons of mass destruction? Ya know? The USA is the only ones with WMD. More importantly they are the only one to have used them against other people. Take Nagasaki & Hiroshima for example.

Yet all they have to do is point the finger and cry foul and the world readily sends their children off to kill and be killed.

Bassed on what? An assumption.

Man its scary to think my kids will grow up in a world like this. Even more worrying that they might have to do it without me.

Anyone familiar with the Milgram experiment? An Obedience to Authority Study

In Milgram's first set of experiments, 67.5 percent (27 out of 40) of experimental participants administered the experiment's final 450-volt shock

When the people giving electric shocks had other people arround them also giving the electric shocks the percentage of everyday people willing to give leathal elsectric shocks just because someone told them to rose to 37 out of 40.

37/40x100=92.5

%92.5 of people would give leathal electric shocks to people just because someone else told them to.

People should really learn the meanings of these two words before speaking on any subject. Because if you make an honest mistake the consiquenses could be far more devistating than you realise.

Preconception - an opinion formed beforehand without adequate evidence; "he did not even try to confirm his preconceptions"

Assumption - a statement that is assumed to be true and from which a conclusion can be drawn; "on the assumption that he has been injured we can infer that he will not to play"
Old 14-08-2006, 07:57 PM   #87
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Assumptions are the mother of all f#$%^ ups.
Mate if you were in WA id be happy to lend you a hand
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
Old 14-08-2006, 08:17 PM   #88
rodderz

Mac, I dont think for a minute that the posts you refer to were deemed in any way possible to be degrading towards yourself, nor were they an assumption or preconception that you are something you aren't.

The way I took it, was that they were offering some possible solutions, some advice and some help. In the case of DOC, I can vouch for his helpful advice, constructive criticisms and lends a generous hand when it is or isnt asked for
Old 14-08-2006, 08:24 PM   #89
MaC

Did you read the deleted posts mate?

Edit: If DOC has nothing to apologize for why then would he apologize? Because I misinterpreted what he wrote?
Would you agree that it was DOCS post that led to these other posts?
Old 14-08-2006, 08:26 PM   #90
rodderz

Yes, one of them was quite abusive, which is why it was deleted

I'm referring to the other posts that werent deleted
Closed Thread