Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-06-2006, 09:24 PM   #61
owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdouw
If he really wants to sell his F6 to buy the SRT-8 for power he should definatly just top himself for being so ignorant. V8's only beet the Turbo'd I6 of the line as soon as that lil turbo kicks in that V8 may as well crash and burn into that concrete wall that surounds the race track. ... Why else would you ban Skylines from the V8's. But for sure these are 2 totally deferant cars aimd at two different markets. to compare the two is just WRONG and hence go top ur self ... here i'll go get you the pistol! but yea F6 ALL THE WAY!!!!!

oh don't forget really they are both American cars ;)
and which one do you own
owl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2006, 09:32 PM   #62
cArSiK
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by owl
and which one do you own
lol well put!

Tough choice between these two cars. Power aside , there is something about the look of the 300C that makes me want one.....bad.
cArSiK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2006, 10:16 PM   #63
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoon Hoon
This is the key:

Typhoon: Torque 550 Nm @ 2000 rpm

300c SRT: Torque 569 Nm @ 4800 rpm

The Phoon hits its max torque just above idle. The SRT, like all V8s, needs to wind up to 4,800rpm to get only 19Nm more.

Sorry

But numbers mean squat compared to the driving experience, so please don't become another numbers person on the forums who quotes from magazines, websites and your cousins uncles friends sister.

Edit.. I do apreciate you own a F6.
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2006, 10:29 PM   #64
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Not having personally driven either of them, I'd have to make a decision purely on looks.............300C hands down. It really is the modern day custom "HOT ROD".........and it's a V8....... :voldar02:

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2006, 10:37 PM   #65
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfalconz
I spotted a letter in Motor magazine by someone who currently owns a Typhoon. He had a deposit on a 300c SRT8 subject to the straight line performance figures when they are known. The SRT8 certainly has more power.
From what i gather If the Chrysler is quicker he wants to get rid of the Typhoon and change to the SRT8.
Seems like a big call changing cars just for 0-100 time especially as the Typhoon is such a great allround car.
I wonder if the 300c will be as good, i know the looks are love it or hate it!
Last Saturday I watched a stock SRT8 Auto do a 13.2 1/4 mile. I also watched a F6 auto stock do a flat 13sec 1/4

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2006, 11:13 PM   #66
xfalconz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba
Last Saturday I watched a stock SRT8 Auto do a 13.2 1/4 mile. I also watched a F6 auto stock do a flat 13sec 1/4
Not much in it then for 1/4 mile times anyway, good info..
xfalconz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2006, 11:20 PM   #67
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

Gotta say that I'm a fan of that bad beast 300C with its unbeatable street presence!
Old 10-06-2006, 01:43 AM   #68
1TUFFUTE
Banned

i really do like the look off the srt8....but to tell u the truth, by the end of reading this post i was over it.That car will look so out off date in a year for sure.

Esspecially if u have a slower 300c an u dont have 22inch wheels(ouch$/respect)...imagine a phoon with 22s, itd look horn too.

I guess well see in some more detailed (unbiased)comparos later in the year...that srt is going to get :
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2006, 10:25 AM   #69
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Are people acutally aware of the difference of the 300c and the SRT8?
Old 10-06-2006, 11:23 AM   #70
1TUFFUTE
Banned

yep the 300c is the slowwww boring one an the srt8 is the one with the kick engine(the performance model)
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2006, 12:56 PM   #71
WASP
Whipple Induced

I can see from this thread that I'm going to have to book myself for a drive of both!!
Old 10-06-2006, 01:42 PM   #72
XR6turbo
Great EF XR8

Good idea CDAA, book both in for a test drive. Thats the only way any of you who haven't driven both are going to be able to draw a conclusion.

SRT8 all the way!

BTW, a typhoon with 22's would look stupid!
Old 10-06-2006, 01:45 PM   #73
Phoon Hoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
Sorry

But numbers mean squat compared to the driving experience, so please don't become another numbers person on the forums who quotes from magazines, websites and your cousins uncles friends sister.

Edit.. I do apreciate you own a F6.
No quotes from magazines, websites or cousins uncles friends sister, but in this case the numbers do contribute to the driving experience. The Typhoon's torque gives it it's punch.

I love my Typhoon (as does anyone who's ever driven it), but it doesn't mean I automatically hate everything else. I'm sure the 300c SRT is a cracking car. It's just not for me.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:57 PM   #74
freaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoon Hoon
No quotes from magazines, websites or cousins uncles friends sister, but in this case the numbers do contribute to the driving experience. The Typhoon's torque gives it it's punch.

I love my Typhoon (as does anyone who's ever driven it), but it doesn't mean I automatically hate everything else. I'm sure the 300c SRT is a cracking car. It's just not for me.
Agree 100%, which is why I went the phoon.

Having all that torque between 2000-4000 is bliss
freaky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2006, 09:07 PM   #75
Swordie

I would take the 300C any day. I couldn't care less if it was 1 sec slower than a Ford. It's a great looking car.
Swordie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2006, 09:24 PM   #76
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiddy
My cousin just got a 300C, the car is unreal and certainly no slouch.. having been in a typhoon and then being in this thing (pic below) IF I had a typhoon I would be swapping the keys over to a new 300C right now.
The car is just unbelieveable. From my experiences people - non car enthusiasts mainly- look at a typhoon and see just another Ford (dont hurt me lol), driving in the 300C people snap there necks because they turn there heads so fast to look at it and they will stare until its out of sight.

oh yeah and its on 22's haha
For pure sex appeal & the PIMP factor id choose that 300c SRT8. If i was after a big crusier to go on really long trips it looks very comfy. But what is the price differance of a 300c or 300c SRT8 over the phoon. To me if i was on the market for a phoon (if I purchased a phoon id like to do some track work with it) & dont see the 300c would be something id look at or compare it to. I would have thought the 300c would be competition for LTD Fairlane Ghia or Statesman etc.

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2006, 09:29 PM   #77
39ClevoUte
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It just looks like a 15 year Bently that no one noticed 15 years ago.
39ClevoUte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2006, 09:31 PM   #78
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54Ghia
Far cheaper than a Bently but.

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2006, 09:32 PM   #79
freaky

Quote:
freaky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2006, 09:50 PM   #80
HOON69
Banned

some ppl have far too much money :

honestly both cars have taste but imho 300c has class
and nothing beats the sound of a ford at full noise.

bentley aint got nothing on the hemi ;)
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2006, 12:14 AM   #81
39ClevoUte
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks like something designed by year 1 TAFE design students. Very boxing and not much style, other than radical grill and low roof which takes eyes away from lack of shape.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:45 AM   #82
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Looks like something designed by year 1 TAFE design students. Very boxing and not much style, other than radical grill and low roof which takes eyes away from lack of shape.
Are you talking about the green one in the post above yours?

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2006, 12:50 AM   #83
39ClevoUte
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The overall stock body shape.
Not that doesn't sort of work and look tough, but in a kindergaten kind of a way.
If you draw a match box shape car you kind of get one of these. Reckon kindergarten kids now look like good drawers. lol :Reverend:
Old 11-06-2006, 12:56 AM   #84
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

What else needs to be said?

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2006, 12:57 AM   #85
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Let's just take a moment to put the two designs side by side against their intended purpose - that of sportier versions of their lesser siblings.

In the SRT8 we have a classic design that uses subtle wheel arch extensions; a change in the overall rake; a lower stance and a bigger wheel to body ratio to present a tougher stance than the 300C it is based on.

The Typhoon presents another variation on the same old FPV body kit (that started life as T3) with an oversized wing tacked on the back; more plastic (and ill fitting) sill extensions; a slightly different front face and some wheels - all designed to shout boy racer from 50 yards away.

The purpose of design is to make a statement and the 300C (in both forms) manages to do just that. It also achieves it from a purity in the original design which contains many subtle elements that together present an image that is generally deemed both muscular and aesthetic without the need for tack on pieces to provide additional street cred as the FPV products do.

Choose not to like the car if you will but heed the saying (as far as design goes) that people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2006, 01:05 AM   #86
39ClevoUte
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What someone has, as let's say there mode of transport, has nothing to do with their oppinions on style, shape, engineering or art. Glass houses does not come into it.
I believe they are radical head turning cars, that look boxy and not all that stylish. This is probably because I like cars with feminine shapes and curves, like Jags, aston martins, late 30's american cars, MGA etc. However, I don't need to explain this every time I express an opinion. My opinion holds even though my curent mode of transport is not an Aston Martin either.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:33 AM   #87
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

I think if anyone wants to compare a Chrysler to the Typhoon this is the car you should be putting up the ''Challenger'' it combines the old muscle car days with the benefits of the mod-cons of today and manged to keep the real tough looking car.

This car would seriously make me think about selling my BF F6.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2006challenger10.jpg (53.4 KB, 46 views)

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2006, 10:24 AM   #88
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
However, I don't need to explain this every time I express an opinion. My opinion holds even though my curent mode of transport is not an Aston Martin either.
If you make sweeping statements, and dont expect someone to tackle you on it your a bigger fool than your first sweeping statement. : Such is the life of a public forum.

Last edited by Laminge; 11-06-2006 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Not worth the effort
Old 11-06-2006, 10:25 AM   #89
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
I think if anyone wants to compare a Chrysler to the Typhoon this is the car you should be putting up the ''Challenger'' it combines the old muscle car days with the benefits of the mod-cons of today and manged to keep the real tough looking car.

This car would seriously make me think about selling my BF F6.
You just had your Birthday too mate, I doubt the Mrs will allow you to another Birthday present like a car for at least 10 years! :
Old 11-06-2006, 10:39 AM   #90
39ClevoUte
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I love a debate/discussion about the issue or the topic, but not about the fact that I have an opinion.