Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-04-2006, 07:46 PM   #61
RSgerry
Well hello Mr Fancypants

Aeron, I hope I never have to witness what you saw. Please seek professional help as soon as it starts to bother you. There is no shame in crying after what you saw and there is no shame in talking to professionals. Good luck mate.
RSgerry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 07:56 PM   #62
red_hotxr6
Banned

I dont even know what to tell you. And the thing is the person responible is gone as well.
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 08:08 PM   #63
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Sorry to hear for you and elderly couple. Hope you dont suffer to much from it mate. Just remember, there are plenty of professional as well as people hear who will help where they can.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 08:10 PM   #64
Aeron
DJR Fan

Bent 8

I keep slipping into the "why?". When i got to the traffic lights at Cowpasture Road I could get to Oran Park going straight, or I could turn right and go the longer way via Bringelly Road. I turned right. Why? I stopped to help, but many cars after me just drove through without a care.

B2TF

You are right, i've got a lot of thoughts running through my mind about life in general. We forget just how easily it can be taken away from us.
EC 1:51.283
WP 1:10.190

Me Drifting on the Skid Pan **Video**
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 08:15 PM   #65
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good luck Aeron. We hope its something you can work through quickly. As its been said before, get some support and talk about it. What you have experienced is something I wouldn't wish upon anyone. Its not just the family that are left to pick up the peices. Your an innocent victim in all of this, and to a certain degree have your own peices to pick up and you own demons to get through. I wish you all the best.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 08:16 PM   #66
QualityCounts

Aeron, sorry that you had to go through what the majority of people reading and posting on this forum would never go through in their life. I hope that you'll get over it soon. Find someone to talk things over with. Please ask that person to be with you for the next few days.
QualityCounts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 08:40 PM   #67
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoked
Sorry to hear for you and elderly couple. Hope you dont suffer to much from it mate. Just remember, there are plenty of professional as well as people hear who will help where they can.
Sorry Smoked, but nobody involved in that crash deserved what they got. Not the person responsible, not the passengers, not the victims, and nor the witnesses.

Nobody deserves what they got in this incident....

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 08:52 PM   #68
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Freak
That is why I never fang my car on unfamiliar roads as it is asking for trouble.
I always drive well below the speed limit (especially at night) on unfamiliar roads. And I don't care how annoyed other drivers get with me for doing so. If I don't know the road, my speed will be whatever makes me feel safe.
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 09:01 PM   #69
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjg33
Borry
speed is a main factor in a lot of accidents there is more than enough research done on this to show it read some of the Monash Accident Research Centre reports.
so if its the main cause of accidents they thats what should be the focus by the Govt. just like drink driving ads hammer home the message as well.
there is also a lot of people who have the "it wont happen to me" attitude and that sort of over confidence can lead you into a situation which can end in tradegy.
look at the way car manufacturers cram more safety features into new cars today, but, you can build a car with every safety feature imaginable but you still have one major problem
the nut behind the wheel
driver education can and does help but it wont solve everything i know dills that think "i will be right ive done advance driver education" again over confidence
We may never know all the reasons for every accident but some are easy to tell what is a dominating factor or major cause

ps
yes i was young and thought it would never happen to me and i was wrong as well
fortunatly im here to say it
Speeding isn't the main reason for accidents at all.

This is off topic though.

My heart goes out to the family and to the copper who made the '2 o'clock call', a uniform doesn't make it easier.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 09:18 PM   #70
peterr

What can we say, not a lot just take any help offered to you.Our son lost 6 of his mates in one go a few years ago all we can do is hold our hand out to any one in your situation
Peter & Bev
peterr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 09:19 PM   #71
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Aeron,

Might be best in a couple of days if you go to the hospital or talk to the police about getting a critical incident support debriefing, I'm sure that's what the cops/ambos/firies had afterwards.

Quote:
I dont know how they do it. The Police woman I had a chat to said when she's in her uniform, it doesn't affect her, but she knew that when she gets home, takes the uniform off, puts the kids to bed, then she'll sit and have a cry. I felt like a right goose balling my eyes out in front of the Police/Fire/Ambo's.
Believe me, if a police car/ambo or fire truck stumbled across that accident they could have been in as much shock as you. The fact that they know what their about to see when they get the call meant they probably had a couple of minutes to prepare themselves for what they were going to have to deal with.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 09:24 PM   #72
borry
Now With 2 Cylinders More

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjg33
Borry
speed is a main factor in a lot of accidents there is more than enough research done on this to show it read some of the Monash Accident Research Centre reports.

...... how many of these reports lay claim to driver error ? or driver attitude.. ? driver inexperience ? all of which can be overcome.

unfortunatley, should the government do ( or what i consider ) the right thing, it will mean alot less revenue, which means a big hole in the pockets of pollies, which meants they will find a way to fill that hole ie higher rego costs, more taxes etc etc, obviously they enjoy their money mroeso then the well-being of our motoring community. otherwise they woudl stop raking it in from speed camera's and try and find a result in another way.
borry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 09:51 PM   #73
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

[QUOTE=Aeron]Bent 8

I keep slipping into the "why?". When i got to the traffic lights at Cowpasture Road I could get to Oran Park going straight, or I could turn right and go the longer way via Bringelly Road. I turned right. Why? I stopped to help, but many cars after me just drove through without a care.

Aeron, it is often best that folk NOT stop UNLESS they have something to offer or help out with. Don't be down on them, it is often best they continue on through, though their reasons may not be obvious to you. People will stop if they can be of genuine assistance, like yourself for example.

When your on scene, you must try and keep it together at the critical timeframe. You then deal with it later, and you have and will.

When confronted with such a scene, IF one needs additional help - one only needs flag down other traffic, I would suggest flagging down a heavy vehicle driver for example, in the past when on unexpected scene I've done so by using a portable UHF which I carry in-car for the purpose, alongside the car mounted radio; "Urgent urgent urgent - vehicle approaching XX are you able to safely stop and render assistance". That sort of thing.

When on road control duty, you must stay focussed on approaching traffic and give CLEAR firm directions. Note those used by police and RTA traffic controllers as a hint.

You can see from my advocacy at the WA GovCo website (SIG) that we suggest folk wear a safety vest or shirt when attending to expected (breakdowns) or unexpected traffic duty, basically something you can grab and throw on urgently - these are available in many places, are cheap, and that you carry a fire extinguisher, in case.

One of the items I carry is a large (King) size white sheet and ground sheet. Placed where human wreckage is roadbound so approaching traffic bearing kids will not see it. And heat blanket and sterile gloves, first aid kit.

Might I suggest, that seeing as how you've had this dreadful experience, that you find time at some point to do a first aid course. Do it for yourself if you haven't already done so.

Always be prepared.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf

Last edited by Keepleft; 17-04-2006 at 10:05 PM.
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 09:57 PM   #74
ef_classic
Banned

Aeron, you are a brave man.

Does anyone remember the accident down in Cambells creek, near castlemaine.

A girl on her Ls was driving a Late model clubsport, got in the gravell and into the side of the truck, all five died, We drove past the accident and it reminds you how fast these things can happen, and how quickly loved ones can leave you.

Aeron, when stuff like this happens to me i also think why did i have to be involved, but no matter what it is not your fault.

Guys and girls, go and give your loved ones hug and tell them that you love them, cos it could happen to you.
ef_classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 10:00 PM   #75
drftspec

sorry to here that mate ,same thing happened to me to a few years back........if ya need the help, do so,i fortunatly delt with it ok{sorta}..........its an awful thing to unfold in front of you i know!!!!!!!!

hope all is well................
drftspec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 10:17 PM   #76
Ridin-Dirty

agreed with black XR-6 ( and the 20 other people who have prolly said it )

Must be a shockin job being an ambo....
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 10:25 PM   #77
Cashie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Multiple helpful contributions throughout the tech area. 

Saw this on the news tonight, did not look good at all...
Good on you Aeron for assisting and posting your experiences on here, please seek help if you have any problems coming to terms with the situation you experienced.

Past Rides:
2017 Kia Stinger GT
2008 FG XR6 Sedan
2008 FG G6E Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2008 BF XR6 Turbo Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2003 BA XR8 Ute
2003 BA XR6 Sedan
Cashie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 10:29 PM   #78
azz
Starter Motor

terrible, terrible news, condolances to all involved,
and aeron, mate i dont know u from a bar of soap, but ive been in a similar situation to you, witnessed my dad killed in a motorsport accident, might seem a bit wierd but if u want to chat with someone who may have an idea what ur going through shoot me a pm.
Aaron
azz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 10:30 PM   #79
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Aeron - best wishes mate, hope it doesn't shake you up to much. We're all always here if you need to talk.
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 10:32 PM   #80
WASP
Whipple Induced

Thank you for having the courage to share that experience with us Aeron. It will be difficult to deal with now, but the experience of such a tragedy may just save your own life one day.

Take care mate.
Colville
Old 17-04-2006, 10:36 PM   #81
rodderz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
Thank you for having the courage to share that experience with us Aeron. It will be difficult to deal with now, but the experience of such a tragedy may just save your own life one day.

Take care mate.
Colville
Good post Colville, all too often we hear about accidents on the news and not think much of it

It is posts such as that of Aerons and Fantz that gets into the detail and in a way makes you feel like you saw it too, and makes you think more about driving responsibly, or telling others to do so more often
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 10:45 PM   #82
XR6Gal
Just Super Happy now :)

Aeron, I'm sorry to hear that you have had to witness the horrific aftermark of an accident. As everyone else has said, it would probably be in your best interest to seek some sort of professional help.

PhantomBA XR6 (Sold), now a VW owner (don't hold it against me )

& also a CM Valiant Wagon, gotta love the old Val's
see her progress here
NOW SOLD :( but now have a
Honda CBR250 Motorbike
XR6Gal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 10:48 PM   #83
Dezza
Parts bin special

It would be incredibly tough to deal with a situation like that. Injuries are hard to deal with but fatalities would take a long time to get out of your mind. I was in a big accident back in 2002. I didn't see a car, and pulled out in front of it. A woman was injured in the accident, and that took a long time to get over. Just seeing the horrible pain on the woman's face was very hard for me, particularily knowing I was responsible. Seeing the ambulance and the police there, it took a long time for me to get over. Finding out that the injuries were nothing more than scratches was comforting for me, but the look of pain is still hard to get over. It doesn't take much to cause an accident, and when it's done, it can't be reversed, so be careful on the roads. By the sound of it, the Subaru driver was being an idiot. While mine was carelessness, this was stupidity. Even still, they didn't deserve to die.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 10:50 PM   #84
BOSS 540
70 Mercury Eliminator

I witnessed a road fatality right in front of my eyes quite a few yrs ago now where a motorcycle rider was run over by a semi trailer. At the time I was pretty shocked, a bit numb and replayed the scene over and over in my mind. If its any consolation the graphic memory of that instant fades and you put it down to a life experience as well as remind yourself things like this can, do and will keep happening, so dont feel too down about it. I do remember feeling sorry for the family of that poor bloke too and from my own experience when you loose a loved one by road accident you always think that it was such a waste of life and ponder what the future might have held for them.
Old 17-04-2006, 10:51 PM   #85
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

i never ended up seeing anyone, it didn't end up getting to me as much as i thought it might, but everyone is going to be different. my fiance also saw the aftermath of it, she amazingly took it very well as well. as horrible as it sounds, the internet and hollywood gore have made these type of scenes far more bearable that what they may have been 30 years ago. :
Old 17-04-2006, 11:14 PM   #86
TwistedEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Makes you realise what all those crosses on the side of the road actually mean

What a waste of life and all because some moron was showing off to his friends, and now he's killed himself, his mate, an innocent woman, and sent two others off to the hospital... I think that a lot of drivers just don't realise the physics of stopping a tonne of steel that's travelling 100kph+ in an instant...
TwistedEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 11:35 PM   #87
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

Big ups to you Aeron, thats a horrible thing to witness, and its worse when there is just nothing you can do to help.

I was involved in a fatal accident last year, similar situation, someone speeding (120+)around a tight bend and plowed into the vehicle i was in, i was councelled for about 4 months as i was having some very very disturbing dreams, so my words of advice would be to see someone A.S.A.P, it does help put things into perspective.

Hope you will be ok.

Unfortunate for those and their families involved in that tragidy.
Old 17-04-2006, 11:49 PM   #88
XR6Gal
Just Super Happy now :)

I'm just watching the footage on the news, Aeron I feel for you matey, what a horrific accident.

Did see your car in the footage & the cops at your car door. I really hope you do get some help!

PhantomBA XR6 (Sold), now a VW owner (don't hold it against me )

& also a CM Valiant Wagon, gotta love the old Val's
see her progress here
NOW SOLD :( but now have a
Honda CBR250 Motorbike
XR6Gal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 11:53 PM   #89
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

I just saw the footage too on Night Line !
I saw your blue BA on the side of the road from aerial view and ground view.

What a horrific sight to come across Aeron, may i suggest you get some form of counseling, to help you deal with what you have seen.

Take care mate.
Old 18-04-2006, 12:22 AM   #90
gtfpv
GT

sorry this happened to you . i read the 1st 25 posts and am in tears. to traumatic to read further . hope your ok .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post