Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-01-2013, 11:42 PM   #61
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Re: QLD hooning laws

What gets me is that they blame the road user for the accident when (even though there are lots of roadworks being done in QLD at the moment) it's not always their fault.

Case and point:
- Friend of mine on a bike slows down to give way at the sign indicating he must do so
- Shoddy road surface means bike slides out from underneath him
- Slides through give way sign and munches bike into pieces
- Coppers arrive and fine him for failing to give way

You don't wonder why people feel hard done by sometimes.
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2013, 12:03 AM   #62
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeldust View Post
ok, the road toll in QLD right now stands at 22.

Out of those 22, 7 (seven) are motorbike fatalities.

For the small percentage of bike vs cars on the roads, should therefore all motocycles be banned? (The road toll would definetly drop.) Even further, if we ban all trucks as well, we can reduce the road toll be an easy 50%.
Shouldnt stop there ...... ban cars as well as we are being told "If it saves one life, it's worth it"...

Imagine that! No money to spend on roads, bridges, freeways and no more fatalities BUT think about the amount of revenue that would be abolished, from tax on petrol, no income on rego, licenses, to camera '3k over' speeding fines ..... nope, wont happen

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 23-01-2013, 12:21 AM   #63
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

and think of the smell of horse ****
on a plus side the garden will be booming
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2013, 12:23 AM   #64
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySilver View Post
and think of the smell of horse ****
on a plus side the garden will be booming
Go check those laws again, animals seem to be covered too. Not sure how they'll crush your horse though. Maybe they'll send it to the doggers.
Old 23-01-2013, 12:28 AM   #65
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post
Yes well, one of those was a bike fatality in Blackwater just the other day where the poor bugger came off on an unfamiliar corner in town. Wouldn't have been an issue and he would have most likely have slid to a stop, picked himself up, and said "Bugger, that hurt" if the council didn't decide that it would look simply terrific to put bloody great boulders along the side of the footpath...

People say "Don't blame the roads!", but one look at road design shows it certainly doesn't help. Many motorcyclists are seriously injured or killed after coming off a bike in an eminently survivable way, but then slide into some large piece of road side furniture or bloody great tree a few feet from the road. Cars, to a lesser extent, also fall victim to this.
Roads should be cleared ten meters back from each side of the road...doesn't look all pretty? Tough...after all, as we are repeatedly told, "If it saves one life, it's worth it"...
spotted this stuff in the radelaide hills the other day.. seems like a good thing....

http://www.dpti.sa.gov.au/roadsafety...ng_safer_roads

whilst looking for that.. found this.. scary......

http://www.aussiestreetbikes.com/for...d.php?p=216352
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2013, 03:46 PM   #66
nz13boy

Smile Re: QLD hooning laws

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD Chaser View Post
Once you take away peoples last rights, they will fight, as they have nothing to loose...

Or they just become Slaves to the Man..........
Old 23-01-2013, 03:57 PM   #67
Angeldust

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post
Go check those laws again, animals seem to be covered too. Not sure how they'll crush your horse though. Maybe they'll send it to the doggers.
Pet Food or glue factory

Z series Clubsport HRT edition..
e46 320ci 2.2ltr Stocko
Angeldust is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2013, 04:16 PM   #68
noosacuda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"Hoons" and "Gun owners" and are the "trendy" anti-social most hated,attention getter in the media at the moment.
The part of these new laws that is a worry is that it's all at the discretion of the police officer as to how much of a "Hooning offence" you have committed. Supporting Gruntfiles campaign to fight the ridiculous parts of the new legislation is a way to try to get our point accross. Besides, if you really want to do burnouts-pick your "Time And Place".
noosacuda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2013, 04:24 PM   #69
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

With the introduction of these laws, what is really going to change. The current police will be used and can basically get you under the hoon law at the moment, they still make a judgement call on what they call hooning now.

Do people think that cops are going to be, you were doing 5 over the speed limit car impounded. IMO nothing will change the cops will still be booking people the same way, just the penalties are getting harsher.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2013, 11:46 PM   #70
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post
No actually what would happen is that there would be several million dollars spent on counselling the horse along with a team of 20 full time carers and special property purchased for the horse to live on as compensation for the way it was mistreated.

After several years the prime minister acknowledge the "stolen species", would say "SORRY" and create a department of equine services.

The derogatory term "horse" would be outlawed to be replaced by "quadruped hoofed persons (QHPs)" and local councils would force all buildings to become "hoof friendly".

"Horsists" would be publicly vilified on television and Tracy would cry.

More money would be "invested" in converting motor vehicles to become capable of being driven by QHPs just in case one wished to learn to drive.

The Melbourne cup would be discontinued to be replaced by 24 P platers racing around a maccas car park.

And finally a horse would be elected prime minister (but no one would notice) on a "stop the zebras" platform.

And we wonder why Australia is such a mess......
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2013, 11:52 PM   #71
xwsarebset

The hooning laws i guess are there to protect the innocent and impond the not so bright, in the old days it was called driving with undue care and attention. When i was a young fella growing up out west in the bush we had an agreement with the local constabulery to be allowed to drive our unregistered paddock bashers on a clay pan and they even had a road graded beside the highway so we didnot have to drive on the main road out of town. On the other hand if you got caught smoke the tyres in town you got finded and possibly lose your licence on the spot if they thought bad enough.

Every now and then you would still get a hoon who would do 150klms an hour around town what would happen if kids were playing crick in the street and someone like that came speeding down the street. The laws are to get these idiots off the street.

I to have been a hoon and we all have been in some way, The drag strips, drift tracks etc are there to put your money where your mouth is against some elses car not on a public street in a residential area where most of this happens. There is a time and place for everthing so you just have to think smarter.
xwsarebset is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2013, 01:57 PM   #72
noflac52
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So I missed out by a few minutes lol! I know this is off topic but it seems to be a fairly regular occurrence that cyber bullying takes place on the forum and it is left to stand until the particular victim of it gets incensed and retailiates. One post will be derogatory in a personal way and the not so brave will climb on board to say they like the post too.

The victim of the bullying has to wear it until they decide to reply and then the posts are deleted so the perpetrator gets away with it for what ever time it takes, so they keep doing it. I will bring it to notice as soon as I see it and mention it to the posters. Usually I get some pretty puerile replies. One particular one asked me where I've been and pointed out that it is the internet, and to justify it ,said that I should expect it. Ha! There are a lot of decent posters here and it brings the tone of the threads down. The mind boggles at what they would post if there were no moderaters.
noflac52 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2013, 03:06 PM   #73
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by noflac52 View Post
So I missed out by a few minutes lol! I know this is off topic but it seems to be a fairly regular occurrence that cyber bullying takes place on the forum and it is left to stand until the particular victim of it gets incensed and retailiates. One post will be derogatory in a personal way and the not so brave will climb on board to say they like the post too.

The victim of the bullying has to wear it until they decide to reply and then the posts are deleted so the perpetrator gets away with it for what ever time it takes, so they keep doing it. I will bring it to notice as soon as I see it and mention it to the posters. Usually I get some pretty puerile replies. One particular one asked me where I've been and pointed out that it is the internet, and to justify it ,said that I should expect it. Ha! There are a lot of decent posters here and it brings the tone of the threads down. The mind boggles at what they would post if there were no moderaters.
what don't you get.. its the internetz.. what you like I don't like.. I don't like what you like...

its not personal..
Old 24-01-2013, 03:49 PM   #74
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If anyone sees a post that they believe breaches T&C use the report function.

For clarification.

A personal attack is not:

Disagreeing with you or saying you are wrong.
Turning your argument around and throwing it back at you.
Implying your position or argument is based on agenda rather than logic or evidence.

Often the inference of a personal attack is conceived due to emotional state or personal opinion of the poster rather than the actual content of the post.
The report function exists to allow members of the admin team to observe the post in context and a detached way and apply appropriate action if required.

The forum is for all. You are not always right, neither are you always wrong.

Have fun......
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2013, 04:27 PM   #75
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Has anybody here been done for a hoon law recently that will admit it?
I got basically got let off for speeding through traffic and taking off too fast from the lights,3 points and 100 bucks fine,think the charge was undue noise.
I wasnt smart to the copper so he gave me the minimum fine and minimum charge,phew.
I knew i was being silly and basically copped it sweet and it went my way the best it could,could have been staunch and got my car taken on a tilt tray and been done for reckless and who knows how much fines?
I feel lucky and have since pulled my head in
STINKY NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2013, 04:43 PM   #76
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TE 220 View Post
Has anybody here been done for a hoon law recently that will admit it?
I got basically got let off for speeding through traffic and taking off too fast from the lights,3 points and 100 bucks fine,think the charge was undue noise.
I wasnt smart to the copper so he gave me the minimum fine and minimum charge,phew.
I knew i was being silly and basically copped it sweet and it went my way the best it could,could have been staunch and got my car taken on a tilt tray and been done for reckless and who knows how much fines?
I feel lucky and have since pulled my head in
I got done 2 years ago, ripping a skid, nothing major, lost a bit of traction. Car impounded, court case and such. I think what I got was fair. Multiple cops seen me do it. Pleaded guilty, copped the suspension, learnt my lesson.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2013, 08:03 PM   #77
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xisled View Post
I got done 2 years ago, ripping a skid, nothing major, lost a bit of traction. Car impounded, court case and such. I think what I got was fair. Multiple cops seen me do it. Pleaded guilty, copped the suspension, learnt my lesson.
join the gang.. i have two strikes here in SA.. before hoon laws were even invented..

laws here are three strikes in ten years...

dont need to be caught doin skids.. its wide open.. DUI, driving disqal, dangerous driving etc.....

you can do a lot of growing up in ten years.. or is it just older and sneaky sneaky..
Old 24-01-2013, 09:43 PM   #78
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

I got done big time 15 years ago. Went to Magistrate's Court and got pinged, appealed to Supreme Court on grounds that police and prosecutor failed to prove what I did (high speed mono down a fairly deserted freeway) was inherently dangerous, the Supreme Court agreed and quashed the conviction :-)
Old 25-01-2013, 05:21 PM   #79
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

How many on here are old enough to remember when the term 'Hoon' and 'Hooning about' first came about ?

It originally meant lapping the main drag, usually at idle speed, and checking out the local talent.

I intensely dislike the way that Journalists and Bureaucrats have managed turn it into meaning dangerous driving!!