Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-04-2008, 08:26 PM   #61
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C.
Just gotten off the phone. Still no improvement, just bruising of the brain. They are going to keep him in a coma til Monday then reveiw.
He went back to mowing his yard after he told them to move on, hence he wouldn't have heard it coming I imagine.
Seriously though, someone told you to stop it, why does that warrant running the guy down with your car?

To me that doesn't make sense, you just seriously injured some completely innocent person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 08:40 PM   #62
J.C.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sFTW
Seriously though, someone told you to stop it, why does that warrant running the guy down with your car?

To me that doesn't make sense, you just seriously injured some completely innocent person.
They where under twenty and under the influence of alcohol or drugs I think. Not 100% on that.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 08:50 PM   #63
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sFTW

This to me is why I think the 'hoon' label is misapplied here. They may have been hooning before, even what led up to the incident, but this is a serious criminal act well beyond 'hooning'. This is in a more serious league than those who unintentionally injure someone while street racing as a result of poor judgment.

Potential charges range all the way to attempted murder.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 09:09 PM   #64
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry to hear about your mate, hope he recovers fully.

On another note.

Why do people approach these idiots on there own, Unless you are quick on your feet and know how to handle your self if the situation goes bad, go and get 2 or 3 other people to go with you.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:10 PM   #65
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sorry about your friend hope he recovers fully and the scum that did it get lengthy sentences ( 18 - 19 years old ? they will be popular inside )

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 09:32 PM   #66
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Hope these fools get WHAT IS coming to them they deserve every bit they get, is pi$$eS me of that people can do this kind of thing.
Kids these days need to be punished like we used to (im only 24) a good hiding and the belt or electric cord always helped
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 09:36 PM   #67
Bosman
T Series Club Member No24

Hope ur mate gets well soon. remember , revenge is best served cold.

FTe Venom T3TE50 No229 5.6L Manual Don't drive one! Because like so many others , including ME , you will become TOTALLY addicted.

2016 Harley Davidson Softail Heritage customized.
Dead set gorgeous!
Bosman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 09:38 PM   #68
RIPGMH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
As for age as a factor in blame, society has been in decline for the last 100 years, just at a faster rate as we go on. Like most stereotypes, they are usually based on a truth, but are still stereotypes so cant be applied uniformly. Again, another example where one size fits all is an overly simplistic approach.
Society is in decline, the older you get the better you were more like it. People are simply more informed now and the media loves bad news, there are still good people and as always there are still bad people. Remember human history's most shocking times were in the mid 40's.
RIPGMH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 09:44 PM   #69
AMT
Come fly with P.S.I...

Sorry to hear such a sad story about a bloke that sounds like an allround great human being hopefully karma and the law catch up with these thugs...
Old 03-04-2008, 09:58 PM   #70
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Received a phone call from my sister yesterday. She tells me that a friend of mine had been run down by hoons and is now in an induced coma in hospital.

Apparently a small group of young fellows (18-19yr old I believe) decided to use a suburban street as a race track and skid pan, doing burnouts and roaring up the street at a fair rate of knots.
Now he is older then I. Wirey lad. Not much of him, yet very well mannered, softly spoken, polite, hard working family man with children. He was concerned for the safety of not only his kids, but for the safety of those in the street (who I assume, like many kids, ride their bikes up and down the street/driveway etc .....kids stuff). He approached the guys and asked them to quit what they were doing for the safety of the neighbourhood, etc, etc.
They, in turn, drove up to the end of the street, turned around and came up behind him, rev the car up and dumped the clutch and ran over him and, from what I understood, proceeded to drive off leaving him in a mangled mess on the road/footpath. The event was witnessed by neighbours who I assume came to his aid.
The medical staff tried to get him out of a coma yesterday, however his blood pressure went sky high, as did his temperature. So under he went again.
It appears there is no brain damage, just fractures etc. Guess he is lucky that he is a slim lad......

Once again the question is raised: "What is happening within our society today?"
So what do the Police say ? , what action is being taken to find and capture them ?
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 10:08 PM   #71
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

mate sorry to hear this. Townsville is getting out of control, every time i go into town some 18 year old f%^$wits always try to start fights. It sh$ts me to tears, it's getting to the point were i can't be arsed to go out on the town. And the hoons here are another species.
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 10:14 PM   #72
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPGMH
Society is in decline, the older you get the better you were more like it. People are simply more informed now and the media loves bad news, there are still good people and as always there are still bad people. Remember human history's most shocking times were in the mid 40's.
Im not sure why you interpret my post as suggesting an extreme. There has and always will be a mix of both good and bad. But there is inevitably times where the balance tips one way more than usual (if there is a 'usual'), currently I feel its tipping the wrong way.

As for the 40's being the worst times, remember we aint finished yet, have you looked at Africa lately? Regardless, the actions of one nation state against others or a people (NAZI's or Japs I assume from the period you refer to) are not a reasonable comparison. I could also argue 9/11 was in the same league on an inhumanity level, even if not in numbers. These are extremes performed by nations or those seeking to create nations, the worst kinds of inhumanity have been done so it cant be topped, just perpetuated which it is.

YouTube bashings are just one form of evidence of the decline, yeah fights have always happened, but doing so purely for the camera and posting it for the world to see is something new. Assaulting old ladies for their pension cheque or a few trinkets to flog off for drugs, these things would have occurred, but not on the scale we see today.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:32 PM   #73
Jock260
Cast Iron fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandrsxr6
Sorry to hear about your mate, hopefully he can make a full recovery.

The current generation of 18-19year olds all have a massive chip on there shoulder. They can't be told what to do, they will learn the hard way, that is the only way to get through to them.
Just try to keep in mind that all 18/19 Y.O. arent like that. Not all of them hoon around, going to parties getting smahed everynight.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:48 PM   #74
AnthonyQLD
Boss power

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandrsxr6
Sorry to hear about your mate, hopefully he can make a full recovery.

The current generation of 18-19year olds all have a massive chip on there shoulder. They can't be told what to do, they will learn the hard way, that is the only way to get through to them.
not all 18-19 year olds have this chip your talking about
Old 03-04-2008, 11:03 PM   #75
troppo
Mr old phart

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I hope your mate makes a full recovery as well JC.
Also hoping the mongrels are caught and charged.

BA GT-P Blueprint
troppo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 11:31 PM   #76
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hope your mate has a speedy recovery J.C and the gutless buggers get whats coming to them.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 11:32 PM   #77
RIPGMH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Im not sure why you interpret my post as suggesting an extreme. There has and always will be a mix of both good and bad. But there is inevitably times where the balance tips one way more than usual (if there is a 'usual'), currently I feel its tipping the wrong way.

As for the 40's being the worst times, remember we aint finished yet, have you looked at Africa lately? Regardless, the actions of one nation state against others or a people (NAZI's or Japs I assume from the period you refer to) are not a reasonable comparison. I could also argue 9/11 was in the same league on an inhumanity level, even if not in numbers. These are extremes performed by nations or those seeking to create nations, the worst kinds of inhumanity have been done so it cant be topped, just perpetuated which it is.

YouTube bashings are just one form of evidence of the decline, yeah fights have always happened, but doing so purely for the camera and posting it for the world to see is something new. Assaulting old ladies for their pension cheque or a few trinkets to flog off for drugs, these things would have occurred, but not on the scale we see today.
9/11 pales in comparison to WWII, you are talking about a single event. YouTube and other modern day media allow an outlet for the kind of evil you see today, which does not mean it didn't always exist.
RIPGMH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 12:41 AM   #78
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
9/11 pales in comparison to WWII, you are talking about a single event.
Try reading. I said in inhumanity terms, not in numbers. And then theres the USS Cole (sp?), various embassies, Hotels, Bali, its not one event. 9/11 itself is an acceleration of the practices of decades earlier when terrorists blew up planes, they didnt fly them into buildings.

As I said, societies decline is escalating and there are many reasons why thats true.
Quote:
YouTube and other modern day media allow an outlet for the kind of evil you see today, which does not mean it didn't always exist.
You claiming that doesnt mean it has always existed either. Theres no evidence to support your assertion, just claims based in cliches. There is evidence the situation is getting worse though.

Nice you neglected the grannies being mugged for drug money though. Anyway, Ill leave it at that.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:12 AM   #79
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Try reading. I said in inhumanity terms, not in numbers. And then theres the USS Cole (sp?), various embassies, Hotels, Bali, its not one event. 9/11 itself is an acceleration of the practices of decades earlier when terrorists blew up planes, they didnt fly them into buildings.

As I said, societies decline is escalating and there are many reasons why thats true.

You claiming that doesnt mean it has always existed either. Theres no evidence to support your assertion, just claims based in cliches. There is evidence the situation is getting worse though.

Nice you neglected the grannies being mugged for drug money though. Anyway, Ill leave it at that.
Guys, on topic?

Saying things such as 9/11 etc are inhumane events can easily open a can of worms as to which side is in the wrong and for what reasons. Leave it.
Holden made the decision to make thier utes for pretty boys years ago. Wannabe tradesman drive them. If my son came home and told me he bought a holden ute I would struggle to come to grips with the fact he is a homosexual.
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 01:47 AM   #80
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

Quote:
He went back to mowing his yard after he told them to move on, hence he wouldn't have heard it coming I imagine.
That should quash any argument their defence lawyers can up with regarding accidentally running him over. They would have had to mount the kerb to hit him whilst he mowed his lawns. When they catch them, the driver will be screwed.

Again, I wish J.C.s friend a speedy recovery.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:23 AM   #81
markr154

That is just downright deplorable ...I hope they get caught, slung in the slammer ...and repeatedly fisted with barbed wire.

I feel for your mate and his family ...I hope he pulls through OK!
markr154 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 02:02 PM   #82
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Attempted manslaughter...IMO, crush their cars, tear up their licenses and if they are caught driving, make them walk home naked.

What can you do? The courts are weak and the police have lost their power due to greenie losers who complain when they get belted over the head, despite the fact they are doing the wrong thing and trespassing...

I might move to Cuba...

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 02:48 PM   #83
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
Attempted manslaughter...IMO, crush their cars, tear up their licenses and if they are caught driving, make them walk home naked.

What can you do? The courts are weak and the police have lost their power due to greenie losers who complain when they get belted over the head, despite the fact they are doing the wrong thing and trespassing...

I might move to Cuba...
What???

Attempted manslaughter = Attempted accidental death. Think about that for a minute.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:00 PM   #84
King Nothing
He has, the Knack..

Should be an attempted murder charge, at the very least assault with a weapon and grevious bodily harm

Workhorse, stock as a rock

2004 BA MKI Futura - Now the wife's

For Show: 18" Kaotic Shadow Chrome, King SL all round, Cadence Amp, Kenwood 12" Sub, JL Audio 5x7's, Scuff Plates, MP3 Connector

For Go: SVI LPG, K&N Filter, F6 CAI, XR6T snorkle, XR8 catback, Magnaflow metal cat, Pacemaker headers, Underdrive, Thermostat, Custom tune, DBA4000

Now with baby seat and toys

175.6 rwkw

www.bseries.com.au/King_Nothing
King Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 03:49 PM   #85
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

that is dispicable!!! i cant believe people would do that in these days!!! what the hell is wrong with some people, fcking barbarians!
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 04:52 PM   #86
HenryV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazza XL
I read about that in the Townsville Bulletin the other day.
Link:

Townsville Bulletin

Quote:
A HELPLESS father was mown down by hit-and-run hoons in his quiet street at The Lakes yesterday.

Neighbours watched in horror as the driver gunned the engine and ploughed into the Martinez Ave dad about 10.30am.

The man, aged about 45, was in a stable condition in Townsville Hospital last night.

He had been gardening in his front yard when he yelled at the driver of a black Commodore speeding past his house to slow down.

The incident then took an ugly turn.

A Martinez Ave resident, who did not want to be named, said the car sped up the street towards his own house, opposite a roundabout, about 200m from the victim's house.

It went round the roundabout, back towards the victim. The car then stopped, and reversed 60m, stopping outside
the witness's house for five or six seconds.

It then went back to the roundabout and into a cul-de-sac about 250m from the victim.

The witness said he stopped mowing his lawn and watched the car drive up the cul-de-sac and stop.

"The driver and a passenger both got out and swapped sides," the witness said.

The car then went through the roundabout and picked up speed as it drove towards the victim.

The man was standing in the road holding a shovel when the car struck him.

Alex Pascoe, who lives several doors down the street, said she heard a loud commotion outside.

"It was a thump and then we heard the screaming," Ms Pascoe said.

"We think he was telling them to slow down.

"There's lots of small dogs and kids in this street."

The man was thrown sideways on to the road.

The side mirror and a side panel were torn off the car by the impact.

The car turned around and raced off.

Pyjama-clad people raced from their houses and hysterical neighbours phoned 000.

A pool of blood on the bitumen marked the spot where the man had fallen.

Soaked towels and pillows, which had been used to stop the man's bleeding, were left lying on the road.

Ms Pascoe and her partner said they ran out into the road to help.

The neighbour who saw the man run down also raced to the man's side.

"There was a lot of blood from his head," the man said.

"We couldn't really do any first aid.

"The ambulance just told us to keep him still and in the shade."

The injured man's wife, with her young daughter in her arms, rushed from the house to see her husband bleeding from the head and in obvious danger.

Helpless, the wife was comforted by neighbours as she watched ambulance officers work to save her husband's life.

The woman and her little girl, clutching a teddy, then got into the ambulance to go with her husband to the hospital.

Residents said Martinez Ave was often used as a race track by young men in high-powered cars.

There are burn-out marks up and down the road where young children ride their bikes and people walk their dogs.

"There is a hooning problem in this street," the witness said.

"There's fresh burn-out marks around the round-about."

It is understood the hoons had been visiting a house in the street before the incident.

It is also understood at least one of the occupants of the vehicle contacted police about noon.

Police were interviewing two men in relation to the incident last night.

They urged any other witnesses to come forward.
HenryV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 05:00 PM   #87
HenryV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljh74
Any updates on the victim and have the scumbags been caught J.C.?
They got the bastard. He didn't even have a licence:

ABC News

Quote:
An 18-year-old Kelso man is facing a string of charges after an alleged hit-and-run in Townsville yesterday afternoon.

Police allege the man drove his car into a pedestrian on Martinez Avenue, Kelso, just before 2:00pm AEST, smashing a 41-year-old victim into the windscreen and leaving the him with serious injuries.

Police say the driver then failed to stop or provide any assistance.

The man has been charged with dangerous operation of a motor vehicle causing grievous bodily harm, failing to remain at the scene of an incident and unlicensed driving, and is due to appear in court in a fortnight.
HenryV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 05:01 PM   #88
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i hope they crush that commo.. the who did it deserves it
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 05:03 PM   #89
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

he should be put up for a charge of attempted murder..

what kind of sentence does dangerous operation of a motor vehicle causing grievous bodily harm carry?
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 05:04 PM   #90
SubJimbo
Car Newbie

Atleast the caught the bastard.
SubJimbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post