Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-10-2007, 07:15 AM   #61
exrtnz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dont pay the fine, Ask for a exemption and say someone else was driving your car preferably an overseas relative. Worked with me and got no points and no fine. :
Old 20-10-2007, 07:57 AM   #62
351clevocorty

I'm sure your defence will look into this but there was a case up here ( Brisbane ) a while back with the same deal as you. What their defence found was that the 60 sign was not to australian standard ie: the sign was too close to the 40 not giving the driver adequate time to analise his surroundings and for the brain to recognise the change of conditions to go from 60 - 40. Also I would probably suggest if possible to take some footage at the time you were done as this would also show the volume of traffic that is travelling on the road at that time to support your argument.

So what you need your defence to do is

1. Get the footage as explained above.
2. Measure all the distances between all the signs and refer back to the australian standard for road signage placement etc.
3. Measure the relative heights of all the signs relative to the trees that obscure said saign and again refer back to australian standard for road signage placement etc.
4. Not that your defence will say this but YOU have to decide if all this is worth the trouble. If money is no problem and it's the principle and keeping the points then I would say go ahead. However, The 1 point you cannot get away with is that you were speeding if items 2 & 3 are correct.
351clevocorty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2007, 09:50 AM   #63
dave289
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by exrtnz
Dont pay the fine, Ask for a exemption and say someone else was driving your car preferably an overseas relative. Worked with me and got no points and no fine. :
thanks for the advice ,i have considered this but felt ripped off in this particular situation where i felt i have good cause to fight it,if i did not i would not start a thread(just for all those who tell me to pay it and moove on.)

i will order the photo as advised by other members and decide how i will go about it then.an eighty year old relo stop driving this year but still holds a licence.(mmmmmm maybe it was them driving and not me ).my points r more important than the $132 fine.
dave289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2007, 09:55 AM   #64
dave289
Banned

[QUOTE=351clevocorty]I'm sure your defence will look into this but there was a case up here ( Brisbane ) a while back with the same deal as you. What their defence found was that the 60 sign was not to australian standard ie: the sign was too close to the 40 not giving the driver adequate time to analise his surroundings and for the brain to recognise the change of conditions to go from 60 - 40. Also I would probably suggest if possible to take some footage at the time you were done as this would also show the volume of traffic that is travelling on the road at that time to support your argument.

thanks 351clevocorty very good advice .i had not thought about that angle and seems very useful should i contest this.
Old 20-10-2007, 10:11 AM   #65
dave289
Banned

along with my fine i recieved another page headed Camera Detected Penalty Notice.one subtitle was headed "how do fixed digital speed cameras work"and explained the following.

Fixed speed cameras detect the speed of vehicles by using electronic sensors embedded in the road surface.these sensors deflect slightly when a vehicle is driven over them,which triggers an electronic device that accurately measures the speed of the vehicle.if the speed of the vehicle exceeds the legal limit then a photo is taken of the vehicle.the camera records the time,date,place,speed limit,speed and direction of the vehicle was travelling.you can read more information about fixed digital speed cameras on the rta website:www.rta.nsw.gov.au.
Old 22-10-2007, 05:01 PM   #66
groops

I know that I'll probably get my head bitten off, but, you shouldn't get off...even if you do get off, you shouldn't...you speed, you get fined simple solution. Yes I've been done for speeding too. 111 in 100 zone...just over 10% over...I didn't see the speed limit change, but hey, it's my fault...I copped it...not trying to talk myself up, but you broke the law...as stupid as it may be...you shouldn't be trying to find ways around it.

Mike
groops is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2007, 05:37 PM   #67
Tuddy200
Reaching for 200...

If no one complains about a problem, the problem doesn't get fixed.

No support if your just trying to get out of a speeding fine, which it seems alittle that way.

However full support if your doing this to show that these signs aren't as visable as they need to be and that if they were made more visable then they could save someones life because someone else who is in your position saw them next time around, plus no fine.

However the goverment know how many people out there would just pay the fine verus the amount of people who'd fight it. If you win the case, your fine is dropped and they don't get $132, but average this againist the number of people who do just pay the fine of $132, you see why they haven't fixed the signage.

04' BA XR6 - Blueprint - 6 Speed with Rip Shift - HD Clutch
2.5"/BFGT Exhaust System with Quad Tips - 4490's Extractors
19" ROH Flares - 20% Underdrives - Interior Colour Coded - Sunroof - BOSS Bonnet
Stage 2 Crow Cam's - Crow Cam's Valve Springs - BPR Airbox
M86 LSD Diff with 4.1s - Upgraded Brakes with Slotted DBA 4000's
Leather Interior - Rear Power Windows

Projects Underway: Sound System
Tuddy200 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2007, 11:19 PM   #68
dave289
Banned

keep you posted soon