Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: Ford's Corporate P.R. Session - Impressive ?
Yes, pleased they made the effort to update us 41 32.80%
No - They should have made more effort to clearly map out the future of Falcon, FPV and Territory 47 37.60%
Corporate P.R. is just that and I'm undecided and will wait to see these vehicles in the metal 37 29.60%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16-08-2013, 07:35 PM   #61
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford Exec's refuse to confirm Falcon production right through to Oct 2016

There could be another reason for a NA Falcon. Given we are hearing the next Mustang is a normally aspirated engine. If the supercharged Falcons continued right up to Mustang, then we could have had a situation where the local media are saying we get a Mustang, but one less powerful then Falcon. If Mustang comes earlier, then we have a situation where a more powerful Falcon sits next to Mustang in the showroom.

Wouldn't have looked good for Mustangs launch either way.
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2013, 07:46 PM   #62
GT014

Default Re: Ford Exec's refuse to confirm Falcon production right through to Oct 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perko View Post
Thanks for the heads up. But also look beyond this and take a look at other facts.

Ford are running to a budget that may mean that the GT will not be done because of new spoilers, specific interior etc. This does NOT rule out a XR8 Sprint type of vehicle with the 335 motor, Brembo's etc to take on the SS-V. In a way it may be a good thing because Ford would be hammered if they put out a half-arsed GT as a final farewell.

As far as the plant is concerned, if it closes down at the end of 2014 (though no date stated), then this does give plenty of time to stockpile motors for anticipated sales. The plant runs at full capacity and not when models are sold. This improves efficiencies, lowers costs, and also gives Ford a definitive number that it can sell for the V8's.

I just can't see then bringing in a crate motor and redoing the required work when the budget is not huge. Use the current motors and transmissions as they are proven. So for me its 315 for the XR8 and 335 for XR8 Sprint model. If no new spoilers are being made then Theo's call on the GT would be spot on.
Theo said at the end of this year, so if true, not really enough time to stockpile for 3yrs worth of engines.

I just wish ford would confirm FPV's future.

My honest opinion is there will be no FH falcon. Ford are starting to be come less uncertain with the latest reply in relation to committing to 2016 as "that's the plan". Couple this with it being a year away, the new Mondeo arriving at the same time as alledged new Falcon & sales dropping every month, I bet ford are hoping it continues to drop so they can say 'we tried' and look like the good guy.

I put money on it.
Old 16-08-2013, 08:37 PM   #63
Guzz226

If that is the decision, at least make it public so everyone that wants to buy a new example of the last GT can do so between now and the end of the year.

Ford are you listening?
Guzz226 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 16-08-2013, 08:37 PM   #64
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
My Ride: sold the boss 5.4, now on the hunt for some SC fun
Better not dither with your hunt for a SC FPV.

When we look back on this traumatic period of change in ten years time there will be those lucky few who can say to their kids / grandkids with pride I snapped up the last of the Australian made goodness and here it is all polished up and looking a million dollars in my garage
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-08-2013, 08:48 PM   #65
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Can't someone just give us a clue?! I have saved enough for one last GT! I don't want to miss out! The new falcon looks very tempting over the FG, but not if there is no GT!
kypez is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 16-08-2013, 08:54 PM   #66
Buntz
Straight Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
Screw Caradvice, at least Drivel actually bothered to ask the right questions about it instead of twisting someone's words.

http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/f...814-2rv7d.html

/thread
I agree... why is this thread still going. Perhaps the mods will clean all the Falcon threads up soon.
Old 16-08-2013, 08:55 PM   #67
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielXR8 View Post
There could be another reason for a NA Falcon. Given we are hearing the next Mustang is a normally aspirated engine. If the supercharged Falcons continued right up to Mustang, then we could have had a situation where the local media are saying we get a Mustang, but one less powerful then Falcon. If Mustang comes earlier, then we have a situation where a more powerful Falcon sits next to Mustang in the showroom.

Wouldn't have looked good for Mustangs launch either way.
I don't think next gen Mustang would've had any problem being more than 335kw with a NA V8.
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2013, 08:57 PM   #68
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Do you think they might make a one off GT special like the EB and EL if they don't do a full production run?

Edit: so they can make a 50th anniversary special

Last edited by kypez; 16-08-2013 at 09:08 PM.
kypez is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2013, 09:02 PM   #69
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buntz View Post
I agree... why is this thread still going. Perhaps the mods will clean all the Falcon threads up soon.
Drivel is hardly the last word in credibility, never has been and probably never will be and all that's reported by them is what was officially said. i.e. The official coporate "damage control" P.R.

If you actually took the time to bother to read the full article in the link to the thread I posted in my original post a lot of what was reported in that article was what was said by Ford exec's in question time after the offical corporate spin doctoring session was finished.

This thread stands on its own merits, has a poll and is attracting a lot of good debate and some interesting information. As the Op I'm more than happy to see it continue.

Its not really that hard, if you don't like the subject matter in the thread title don't open the thread...
3 users like this post:
Old 16-08-2013, 09:03 PM   #70
bigwil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ford just finding new ways of disappointing me this year.
bigwil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 16-08-2013, 10:12 PM   #71
fte50
T3FTE -099. OnTemp Loan

Take our s/c GT to the USA and see how many folks would choose a Stang over our GT.
Not many.

We make the better car, and as a result I don't think Ford would want them sharing showroom space together, giving perspective customers the opportunity to compare the 2side by side, highlighting the replacements downfalls. Just my opinion.

Warning - This users posts are classified (G).

G (General) – Contains material intended for general viewing. The content is very mild in impact.
IT IS STRONGLY ADVISED SENSITIVE ADULTS VIEW IN THE COMPANY OF CHILDREN
fte50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2013, 07:07 AM   #72
PHawk
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Boss 302 is 444 HP now, it may trickle down to lesser stangs in the future
FG GT-P 315 6A
FG F6 310 6A
HSV Maloo LS3 6M
GT 335 6A
300 SRT8 Hemi 6.4
PX Ranger XLT
Commodore SS-V Redline LS3
2017 Triumph Speed Triple R
Triumph Street Triple RX
PHawk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2013, 08:38 AM   #73
Rodge
Banned

^^ Still well short of what the SC Coyote is making and then there's all the extra torque across the rev range from the blower.

A Ford XR8 with that motor won't interest me but I can see it doing okay against the SS Commodore....but against a FH 310 Kw XR6T....

If the FH gets here, (I think it will arrive as there's too much egg on face if its doesn't and Govt funding contributions / obligations to satisfy), I reckon as soon as the initial rush of orders is filled they'll pull the pin sometime in 2015...
Old 17-08-2013, 09:09 AM   #74
PHawk
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

True, but hearing the 5.0 scream to 7 1/2 would be pure aural pleasure!!
FG GT-P 315 6A
FG F6 310 6A
HSV Maloo LS3 6M
GT 335 6A
300 SRT8 Hemi 6.4
PX Ranger XLT
Commodore SS-V Redline LS3
2017 Triumph Speed Triple R
Triumph Street Triple RX
PHawk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2013, 09:46 AM   #75
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

I agree. A manual high revving N/A motor would always be my preference. Especially in a lighter body!
3 users like this post:
Old 17-08-2013, 11:25 AM   #76
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo@BluePower View Post
We got the word today from Ford that the GT is finished at the end of the year and there will be no GT in 2014.

The V8 engine plant that was just installed in at the production plant
is to be disassembled as well.

So the 2014 XR8 that's coming sounds like it will be engine brought in from US like the 3V was.. So it might be N/A.
Crap, there goes any chance of me owing a brand new Falcon GT, oh well, the dogs will easy fit in the back seats of a Mustang. Got to look at the bright side of things.
SOLD : BA XR8 4 Speed Auto in Mercury Silver, Bluepower CIA, Full Diffilipo Big Boy Quad System, Tune, 4.11 Diff Gears, FPV Starter Button, FPV GT Rear Spoiler, Tripod Gauges, PWR Trans Cooler. 230 RWKW's. Many thanks to Chris at Bluepower Racing Developments

Hers : F6X build #150 in Ego, Stock as a Rock, untill the warranty runs out, including the extended one.

My Work Wagon AU Futura Wagon in Gold.

On the Farm : Ford 6600 Tractor
EASYBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2013, 10:01 PM   #77
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge View Post
I'm entitled to my opinion and to vent a bit of frustration
Fair enough.
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2013, 11:05 AM   #78
R-Design
Guess Who's Back?

There'll definitely be a V8 as they showed the 2014 model with a bonnet bludge and XR headlights. Maybe the NA V8 development was part of the initial $40m Miami/Coyote R&D cost.

We're in free fall now, I wouldn't expect any good Falcon stories going forward. They did the same thing in the states with the Crown Victoria. Minimal development for years and then crying about a lack of interest from the public as sales dropped off.
Old 18-08-2013, 12:34 PM   #79
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I voted "Yes".

I wouldn't go so far as to say "Impressive" but I'm happy they did it to give information on the future lineup.

Could they have given more information on the future of FPV and the GT? Undoubtedly yes, but they are still probably undecided and better to say nothing at this function which was to have positive spin about what's coming.
Old 18-08-2013, 03:46 PM   #80
rdmr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo@BluePower View Post
We got the word today from Ford that the GT is finished at the end of the year and there will be no GT in 2014.

The V8 engine plant that was just installed in at the production plant
is to be disassembled as well.

So the 2014 XR8 that's coming sounds like it will be engine brought in from US like the 3V was.. So it might be N/A.
Sounds like bull to me.
I've got a pretty good view from where I'm standing.
rdmr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2013, 04:00 PM   #81
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP534 View Post
I voted "Yes".

I wouldn't go so far as to say "Impressive" but I'm happy they did it to give information on the future lineup.

Could they have given more information on the future of FPV and the GT? Undoubtedly yes, but they are still probably undecided and better to say nothing at this function which was to have positive spin about what's coming.
I think you're probably right, they can't get approval for another FPV from Ford, YET ?

Last edited by Rodge; 18-08-2013 at 04:07 PM.
Old 18-08-2013, 05:12 PM   #82
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guzz226 View Post
If that is the decision, at least make it public so everyone that wants to buy a new example of the last GT can do so between now and the end of the year.

Ford are you listening?
Ford PR hacks are listening, well at least reading, but don't engage in anything on here unless told to do some damage control.

Really they all deserve a new Commodore from Holden as a thanks for their lack of effort over the years.
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 18-08-2013, 07:32 PM   #83
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdmr View Post
Sounds like bull to me.
I've got a pretty good view from where I'm standing.
V8 continues as long as Falcon does, and it's super charged !

A 335 XR8 sounds Ok to me.
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 18-08-2013, 09:20 PM   #84
XWGT