Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-02-2013, 06:27 PM   #61
jmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews View Post
The Cathedral Burger at Buxton Roadhouse has a wall of fame etc.
I hear an aff cruise is in order?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Mazda 3 MPS Aurora Blue Gone :(
-=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=- (198Kw/466NM ATW)
jmac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2013, 12:26 PM   #62
Kevxr8Leexr6

Default Re: Big steaks in Victoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona1965 View Post
Kev,

I'm heading to Bathurst next week for the 12 Hour with a couple

of meat maniacs, will drop in and enjoy one of their steaks.

Rohan
Well Rohan made it up to the Railway for a steak. was great to meet him as did some of the others from the pub, he didnt manage to get through the steak weighing in at 1.25 kg .lol. but i had the barmaid take some pics of him trying. will post em up soon as i get them.
Was a pleasure to catch up with him. cheers
Kevxr8Leexr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-02-2013, 12:58 PM   #63
Kevxr8Leexr6

Heres the man in action ....lol
http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/...ex2/rohan2.jpg
http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/...ex2/rohan1.jpg
http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/...eex2/Rohan.jpg

Last edited by Kevxr8Leexr6; 08-02-2013 at 01:09 PM.
This user likes this post:
Old 08-02-2013, 02:02 PM   #64
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews View Post
The Cathedral Burger at Buxton Roadhouse has a wall of fame etc.
It's not that big, I've had it a few times. The wall of fame is for people that finish it under a certain time, I believe. I make the trip up with mates sometimes, they usually go every sunday

82lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, bigger cooler, Plazmaman piping, SS Growler, tune, ZF tune, Crow valve springs so far.

Ozracing coilovers, Pedders sway bars front and rear.

315rwkw
MWTB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2013, 11:14 AM   #65
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona1965 View Post
Big Damo,

I also love my steak, I go to the same place every Friday for lunch.

The Steak Bank North Road Ormond, John the owner is a great friend,

NOW...

He will ask how you have your steak cooked, how hungry are you and

then decide what will suit.

ENJOY

Rohan
Steak Bank, interesting, Ormond is in Melbourne, is there any easy public transport access near by? I hate driving in Melbourne, its like a suicide run, I'm a country hick, these traffic light things and busy roundabouts, bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevxr8Leexr6 View Post
Ha ha luv this thread, if your ever up in bathurst Damo , ring a head and head down to the railway hotel in havanah st, ill cut whatever size an cut of meat you prefer. had a few that tried the big steaks , didnt get through it. got pics of em tryin though on the wall.
standing rib, as you had, long whole eye fillet,yearling rump . all the cuts are aged . Cheers
Haha, me and my friends might have to make the trip up sometime I reckon. Would be a good trip for my Falcon when its on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty View Post
Damo, I really looked forward to reading this thread when I opened it, but was surprised to see that -

1) You eat your steak well done, and
2) You don't like beef patties, unless they are from Maccas.

I had hoped this was going to be a good food recommendation thread, but it turns out that you are just really really hungry!

Oh, and there isn't anything wrong with eating a nice caeser salad with a good piece of steak!
Haha, I can eat medium cooked meat, just prefer well done, and rare, well no thanks

Beef patties, maybe just because I haven't had a stand out one, the fish and chip shop ones are all pretty meh. Maccas is good tastebud value haha.

Caeser Salad with steak? Chips make an excellent support for freshly cooked steak, my youtube degree in steak engineering proves it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevxr8Leexr6 View Post
Well Rohan made it up to the Railway for a steak. was great to meet him as did some of the others from the pub, he didnt manage to get through the steak weighing in at 1.25 kg .lol. but i had the barmaid take some pics of him trying. will post em up soon as i get them.
Was a pleasure to catch up with him. cheers
I certainly have to get up there sometime, so I can join the steak hall of fame and meet some AFF members

Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2013, 11:23 AM   #66
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
Steak Bank, interesting, Ormond is in Melbourne, is there any easy public transport access near by? I hate driving in Melbourne, its like a suicide run, I'm a country hick, these traffic light things and busy roundabouts, bah!
ormond station is on the frankston line, but driving around ormond is not like driving in the cbd
i am sure you could cut through from citi link/freeway and have a fairly easy run into it
if you drive into melbourne, then going the little extra into ormond is child's play
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2013, 11:55 AM   #67
Kevxr8Leexr6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo

I certainly have to get up there sometime, so I can join the steak hall of fame and meet some AFF members

Ha ha , nice fella Rohan, busy weekend for all so couldnt grab time to go over our cars. but all good
Be a pleasure to put it on for any of you guys when in the neigbourhood.

Last edited by flappist; 09-02-2013 at 12:31 PM. Reason: fixed quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:29 PM   #68
XW WA

Not in Vic but in WA theres an Out Back Jacks Challenge .Eat it in under an hour and dont spew, the meal is half price you get to sign and coment in the special book for people that complete the meal and you used to get a t shirt , not sure if they do that anymore tho. 1 Kg steak , must be about a kilo of wedges any sauce you want and a reasonable bowl of veggies and a side salad.It all comes out on a catering platter and they ring a cowbell infront of everyone as you start
After smashing the steak and veggies your left with a massive pile of cold oil soaked wedges I think this was where they got people .Any way after wanting to give up,nearly painting the table a few times , constant glasses of coke to wash the cold wedges down, random guys walking past on their way out with the mrs and kids giving me the c'mon mate you can do it- I got the t shirt .This was after entree as the mrs talked me into it after a large serve of brussetta and about 3 pints .
I felt like **** for about two days but hey I love that shirt
XW WA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2013, 07:06 PM   #69
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

We have that in Vic too but you only get half an hour to do it. My best time was 36 minutes :(

82lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, bigger cooler, Plazmaman piping, SS Growler, tune, ZF tune, Crow valve springs so far.

Ozracing coilovers, Pedders sway bars front and rear.

315rwkw
MWTB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2013, 01:04 AM   #70
XW WA

Just checked the website and it is 1/2 an hour . geeze it felt like it was longer . I did have the stop watch on and i had the steak and veges done in 7 mins . It was a few years ago . It certainly was memorable.
XW WA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2013, 08:41 PM   #71
daytona1965

Kev,

Just got home from the 12 Hour, great race, great track

and caught up with Great Kev who tried to kill me on the first night with

a massive steak. Very tasty and cooked really well, I just couldn't finish

it.

Thanks again Kev for the hospitality, i'm off to detox my liver

Rohan
Cruiser: XC Ford Coupe
daytona1965 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #72
kaniSS
BIG MEMBER ;)

Nice. Personally I like them bigger, but that will do as a snack for me.
Old 15-02-2013, 04:59 PM   #73
ch33z1l
Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBROO View Post
I was in a small NSW town called Leeton a few years back, for work as my company had just bought a meat works down there. Anyway the soldiers club got a meal there, I think they call it the tomahawk. It's a 1.5kg steak with a 1kg chips and 500g of salad and it's free if you can eat it all. Well after I smashed it, I said to the chef who come out to see how I was going, 'what for desert' and he was a bit gob smacked.
WOW - hope you enjoyed our little town. I've lived here all my life and haven't heard of this yet. Soldiers Club food was very bland last time I ate there about 2yrs ago, but perhaps they have a new chef? Might check it out tonight!

Edit - misread years for weeks
ch33z1l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post