Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 13-04-2011, 08:17 PM   #61
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Commodore 64 & Amiga computers coming back!

I just have to ask one question:

Are you keeping up with the Commodore? 'Cause the Commodore is keeping up with you...

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2011, 03:55 PM   #62
Angeldust

There's a huge retro-gaming community still around.

There's lots of new peripherals that can be used, for instance a floppy drive emulator using SD cards for the c64 or amiga's. There's also IDE to SD convertors for running HDD's on SD cards for amiga1200's etc etc etc etc.
Lots of goodies to keep us gaming.

visit lemon64 for a great c64 forum or the english amiga board for a great amiga forum.

I still have my c64's and amiga's and spend a fair bit of time on them still.
Nothing like having real hardware.

Z series Clubsport HRT edition..
e46 320ci 2.2ltr Stocko
Angeldust is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2011, 10:47 PM   #63
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
Are you keeping up with the Commodore? 'Cause the Commodore is keeping up with you...
HAHAHAHA Wasn't it John Laws in those ads? I always remember that slogan!!!

Also, my first C64 was actually one of the C64c models, I think they had the same internals as the original but looked more "modern":

With the 1541ii disk drive

They'd moved away from the browns of the original C64 & 1541 to the cream by the time I got my first one.

Also had a 128D, one of these:
- but from memory the internal disk drive was stuffed so had it hooked up to a 1541ii.

And I went through countless numbers of the classic TAC-2 joystick:

Now I'm getting all nostalgic and wanting all my old equipment back :(
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2011, 06:36 PM   #64
vxssm6
Silhouette TS AWD

Not a C64 - But what about the Dick Smith Wizzard?? My first computer/console whatever you want to call it.

What a machine
vxssm6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post