Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 11:29 PM   #61
Obriza
Banned

Well you know a r33 gtst only weighs about 1350kg, my EB is 1400. There really isnt too much of a difference. i know you would expect about 1200 but its pretty heavy for such a small car.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:32 PM   #62
NZ
~~~

I do the Harassing.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:42 PM   #63
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

Quote:
Its not that hard to get the times car magazines claim though. When my brother bought his r33gtst he took it to calder park drags later that week and got 14.661 @96.23 stock. And by stock i mean COMPLETELY standard no upgraded exhaust, no boost contoller, not even after market air filter. Thats just a bit off nissans claimed time of 14.4, which isnt bad considering the car is 10 years old.
Thats nothing impressive, EF Fairmonts were claimed quarter of 16.1, I beat that by .7 of a second with an exhaust and underdrive pulley. whoop de doo. EF's are as old as R33's, and EF V8's were a damn slight cheaper than R33's 3 years ago when I bought my car.

I've never said my car was fast, I know it's slow, but I know how show it is, and how to drive it. This often matters more than the 5 extra Kw one car might have.

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Old 05-03-2006, 11:48 PM   #64
stiddy
Banned

Omg this is a stupid read, most of you can beat WRX's and Skylines and you all drive slightly modded e series falcons (with the exception of SOME)..
and then go and call these cars slow.. HA, how many of your little box cars dip into the mid 14's? let alone low 15?? and you can be a WRX, wake up..

WOOO YEAH BRO, my cars so fast i chomped a WRX without trying, i even took of in 2nd, missed 3rd, went to 5th, shuffled it back to 3rd and still beat him by 38033 car lengths..
you sound no better than the guys that drive these 'ricers' with that mentality that they can beat anything.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:54 PM   #65
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

What the ИИИИ stiddy? Where did I say I can beat anything? Stop making up random ИИИИ and talk facts for one minute, or is that too hard for you to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiddy
you sound no better than the guys that drive these 'ricers' with that mentality that they can beat anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_EF8
I've never said my car was fast, I know it's slow, but I know how show it is, and how to drive it. This often matters more than the 5 extra Kw one car might have.
ИИИИing moron.

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Old 05-03-2006, 11:55 PM   #66
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Omg this is a stupid read, most of you can beat WRX's and Skylines and you all drive slightly modded e series falcons (with the exception of SOME)..
and then go and call these cars slow.. HA, how many of your little box cars dip into the mid 14's? let alone low 15?? and you can be a WRX, wake up..

WOOO YEAH BRO, my cars so fast i chomped a WRX without trying, i even took of in 2nd, missed 3rd, went to 5th, shuffled it back to 3rd and still beat him by 38033 car lengths..
Get back in your AU and wipe the vommit up off your babboons ИИИИ dash mate.

Old 05-03-2006, 11:57 PM   #67
xd5.8l
Banned

Stiddy mate I agree with you whole heartedly. I pay particular attention to car lengths between cars over any given distance and some of these boys may need a stronger prescription. My TE got demolished by one of those hot rex's by about 5-6 car lengths to 110kmh, hate to think how much further in front he would be if we kept on going.

I had no answers in any gear. He later said I did as well as the xr6 turbo he took on earlier in the night. Although I'm good at slamming through the gears cleanly and quickly.
Old 06-03-2006, 12:00 AM   #68
stiddy
Banned

Aaron if you looked i said with the exception of some. I wasnt talking about you or your car in general.
and Walkinshaw? PFFT nothing to say to that.

I would LOVE to see some of you guys up agaisnt a STOCK wrx at the track, see how many of you actually keep up..
Old 06-03-2006, 12:03 AM   #69
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
and Walkinshaw? PFFT nothing to say to that.

My previous post had just about as much merit as yours. That was the whole point of the post. Good to see you got the point.

Old 06-03-2006, 12:03 AM   #70
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

I would be keen to see some more Falcons at Calder, plenty of ricers there every Friday night for everyone as-well as the E-Series owners to take on...

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Old 06-03-2006, 12:11 AM   #71
stiddy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
My previous post had just about as much merit as yours. That was the whole point of the post. Good to see you got the point.
More than you can obviously comprehend anyway.
Go back and read through this thread about and see some of the bulldung thats been flung around.
Then if you can understand it the second time round you MIGHT see where im coming from. :
Nothing will change the what I said previously. Good or Bad..
I just keep forgetting that some of the stockers on here are the fastest things on the street :voldar02:
Atleast you know your car is slow.
Old 06-03-2006, 12:13 AM   #72
stiddy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
I would be keen to see some more Falcons at Calder, plenty of ricers there every Friday night for everyone as-well as the E-Series owners to take on...
Same up in at WSID, would be good to see alot more, there has been nights were there has been 6 or 7 falcons and thats been ok...
Old 06-03-2006, 12:16 AM   #73
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Geez

All these tall stories, and yet only a hand full bother to turn upto the track!

Street racing is illegal

End of discussion
Old 06-03-2006, 12:16 AM   #74
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
More than you can obviously comprehend anyway.
Go back and read through this thread about and see some of the bulldung thats been flung around.
Then if you can understand it the second time round you MIGHT see where im coming from. :
Nothing will change the what I said previously. Good or Bad..
I just keep forgetting that some of the stockers on here are the fastest things on the street :voldar02:
Atleast you know your car is slow.
It is very very easy to tell who has an idea of what is being said in this thread. Its just sad to see when people come in and think they have to stand on the people who obviously have no idea how quick or slow their car is.

Good to see you don't mind that you look like a fool infront of others.

Old 06-03-2006, 12:23 AM   #75
stiddy
Banned

Looking like a fool? yeah ok. Im not standing on anyone, just some of these guys are making outragous claims.

Ive had my car down the track many times, been up agaisnt many different cars, other falcons and the cars you call rice. I know what I beat, what I dont beat, and what I can sit level with.
You can see by my sig, my car isnt overly fast, but on par with many other cars that claim to keep up with WRX's, and I can tell you, I have never even been close to taking a WRX on the 1/4.
What do you think thats saying to me? dreaming? yes.

Take your cars to the track, run a time, then see if you are still going to be saying you can keep up with these cars. Actually just tell me if you break it past the 15's.

Like I said before there are more then a hanful of cars that will tear a WRX apart, as for the rest, again... dreamers.
Old 06-03-2006, 12:26 AM   #76
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

I rather see post reported so that the moderators can act on them Walkinshaw rather than lashings going back and forth.

The report feature is under each user profile in every post.

Red Triangle with exclamation mark
Closed Thread