Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 01:04 PM   #61
Moby Vic
Cynical Idealist

Default Re: police clamping down on modded cars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.NiceGuy
mabye we should all go to America seems alot better than our govco's rules.
Come on over! (But prepare yourself for a pay cut and lots more traffic.)
Old 10-07-2012, 01:07 PM   #62
Psi-Pop
on the way to the RSL

My cars one the far side of illegal in the eyes of the law but in no way is it unsafe. Im sure if tested it would surpass a standard ED in all aspects. its impossible to actually modify a car in victoria and have it legal so why even try.

Im 25 havent had a speeding fine since 18, zero defects and zero infrigements and zero hassles from the police. I spend most of my freetime in the shed with like minded mates modifying and building cars. If it keeps going the way its going im going to give up cars, go out glassing people at clubs and start my way into a nice little heroin addiction.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:13 PM   #63
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Your previous posts appear to contradict this statement, I'm confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_BA

I agree with zero tolerance on people who speed or drive unsafely but to attack car enthusiasts? Most of us are very respectful and wouldnt dare do anything stupid with our cars. Why not let us sit round and park up our cars or go on a nice cruise?

There is no chance id break the law in my car or drive reckless, just wont happen. Im sure many of you are like me in this regard.

Quote:
On the road it feels as it did before under about 3000-3500rpm, dyno graphs show it has gained around 30rwkw with supercharger down low as well but dyno is open throttle under boost. Most of the driving isnt under boost so feels as it did before. Maybe feels a little better down low under open throttle.

From 3000-3500 up, it gets really nasty. The power just builds up real hard, it just explodes into wheelspin 1st, 2nd and 3rd under boost, I have not tried in 4th but I think it would be more of the same. As the car breaks traction it just screams thereafter and tacho flings to rev limiter.. Backing off there is a big flutter of the compressor and dumping of boost. It really is nice to hear it in tandom with the boss v8 screams. Makes you smirk thats for sure. Ive seen a few puzzled people looking at the car, is it turbo? But its a V8?

It would be nice to actually get it to hook up to see how it actually goes. Ive tried a few times coming onto freeway but you cant keep the boot in as it will break traction. The feeling is like really insane cam, just comes on real hard and gets more and more serious. Is it quick on the street?, not really as cant put the power down, more for giggles when you get on it losing traction.. Maybe with fat tyres? (i have 245s nankangs 30 series on 20s)

Quote:
Pre Blower it used to spin the tyres if I dropped the clutch from 2000rpm
Quote:
But seriously how would my car behave on the street with a kenne belle setup with 350+rwkw. My car is 6spd manual, 4.11 diff gears and street tyres? I cannot get a decent run at the moment with my setup (arguably more tractable) due to massive wheelspin. How would the kenne bell make it any better for the street?
Quote:
Top end rush is the way to go.

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
Old 10-07-2012, 01:30 PM   #64
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_BA
Now you know how i drive too?

So do all honda owners drive at 5500rpm all the time to see some power. All the boss 5.4 owners wind them up past 4000rpm and centri owners...lol.

My boss v8 pulls well down low. I dont need to stretch its legs.

In case you didnt get it, i dont break any laws on our roads, do not drive aggressively and respectful to other drivers.
I'm not saying all Honda drivers drive their cars above 5500rpm to see some power.
I'm not saying the same for Boss owners.

These are both cars, as sold by dealers, some people will drive them hard, some people will never see past 3000rpm in them.

But I don't know if there would be many people out there who would claim that after fitting a $12k centri kit, they are not interested in driving it on the track and always drive like a grandpa on the street.

I still call BS, I'm not saying you don't generally drive sensable, but for someone to spend that much money on a blower for a car that doesn't see the track, claiming you NEVER break the rules, I'm not buying it.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:34 PM   #65
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

The fun bit is explaining to the constable that the big wheels , the stripes and the big bonnet bulge and huge rear spoiler are all factory fitted........

You get pulled up because the Knobs at FPV basically built a hoon car.....

Of course many of these cars are highly modified....so the fact that they stand out to begin with then makes for an easy catch on the list of mods that you've made that aren't exactly to Mr Plod's liking....

You play You pay.......what do you do ?

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Old 10-07-2012, 01:40 PM   #66
BaraFGXR6

Can we not make this another Hulk & the Centri thread?

In retro spec if someone buys an FPV and spends sooo much more money over a standard falcon does that automatically warrant that because he spent so much money on a car, that he wents to get from A-B as fast as possible?

I would like to think that the mere fact of someone wanting to drive something unique and special on our roads should be enough for a car forum such as this without the need to look at that persons every mod and proceed to flame.

Drop the "i call bullsh-t" and relate to thread or start a new topic. (yes yes you can argue how calling him out relates to it in your mind but your really just pushing the envelope for the sake of it)

A legitimate argument was brought to light that could actually help this forum in terms of mods and cops that dose not need to end up another Centri v PD debate.

/end rant and lets continue on with the discussion
2012 Navara STX manual - sold.
2013 Focus ST - sold.
2015 XLS ranger auto - sold.
2017 VW Golf work car.. current..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline
I'm going to convert my turbo to NA, just to see your head explode.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:44 PM   #67
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Discussion should be, is your car rwc or not, if not, do not whinge about copping a unroadworthy certificate

Old 10-07-2012, 02:04 PM   #68
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

Ratter, while I do agree with you, I have to disagree to a degree. There is a difference between an unsafe vehicle and an unroadworthy vehicle.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:23 PM   #69
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I also agree with you, I have a ZC that is unroadworthy, is it unsafe no, but at the end of the day there is a set of rules which determine whether a car is roadworthy or not, these rules are available for anyone to view, if you mod your car within these rules you are legit, if your car is out of the rules then your not.

Many people have a different opinion to what is safe and what is not, that normally varies according to whether it applies to their own car, and because so many have pushed to rules too far is one reason why the rules get tougher all the time

Old 10-07-2012, 02:24 PM   #70
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter
Discussion should be, is your car rwc or not, if not, do not whinge about copping a unroadworthy certificate
Problem is though that modified cars are targeted yet unroadworthy unmodified cars get left alone.

Drive a stardard car with bald tyres, you will not get pulled over.
Drive a car that's 95mm off the ground and defected.

I think we (the car modifier) are being attacked due to being easy targets. Pure and simple.

ACA wouldn't do an artile on over 60's driving dangerously in their standard cars with bald tyres, warn out brakes and leaking shockers.

But who are we to complain, no one will fight ACA or the police.
Don't tell me "The police are doing their job", becasue targeting a minority is not their job!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 10-07-2012, 02:34 PM   #71
EFFalcon
Last warning

Hoons + Modified cars seem to go hand in hand, according to just about everyone, you don't get one without the other.

so target the modified car, and you're saving 100's of children from a horribly firey death.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
Old 10-07-2012, 02:37 PM   #72
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The police in vic have random rwc inspections from time to time which will pull over any car and take action as required, the drama is normally groups of unroadworthy normal type cars do not congregate and burn outs happen etc. which happens quite often with modded cars and draws attention to them.

Old 10-07-2012, 02:37 PM   #73
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
Problem is though that modified cars are targeted yet unroadworthy unmodified cars get left alone.

Drive a stardard car with bald tyres, you will not get pulled over.
Drive a car that's 95mm off the ground and defected.

I think we (the car modifier) are being attacked due to being easy targets. Pure and simple.

ACA wouldn't do an artile on over 60's driving dangerously in their standard cars with bald tyres, warn out brakes and leaking shockers.

But who are we to complain, no one will fight ACA or the police.
Don't tell me "The police are doing their job", becasue targeting a minority is not their job!
In reality how many over 60's driving dangerously are there on our road's, they are not the ones we are focusing on here, you are clutching at straw's mentioning them.
ALL vehicles had to go through a RBT, it was only those that attracted the attention that were sent out the back for thurther investigation.

It is no different to any RBT that is carried out around Aus, all vehicles are pulled over randomly and looked at. The police are only enforcing the rules already in place.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:43 PM   #74
MAD
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
In reality how many over 60's driving dangerously are there on our road's,
The one's doing 80 in the right lane on eastlink, the one's pulling out in to traffic very slowly, or the one's randomly slowing down because they can't read a street sign?
Old 10-07-2012, 02:52 PM   #75
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD
The one's doing 80 in the right lane on eastlink, the one's pulling out in to traffic very slowly, or the one's randomly slowing down because they can't read a street sign?
It's a Multi lane hwy, go around them if it bother's you so much or don't be so damn in pateint and just wait, it won't hurt you.
Older people don't have the reflex's that they once had, I am sure you will experience this one day if you are lucky enough to get to their age. I am not saying that it is right that they do these but it is not the end of the world and in reality it doesn't hurt you.
All of the above that you mentioned is just plain stupid and if it bother's you so much then you should not be on the road as that is so pedantic.

The ones that seem to feel that they are being victimised need to stop and think about this for a min.

You are doing the very same thing by sterotyping that all police are out to target you, yes there are some hero police out there but there are also a lot of decent ones, show some respect when being pulled over and you might actually get some in return and find it to be not as disturbing as you might think, in other word's get that damn chip of your shoulder.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:10 PM   #76
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthAu
I'll call BS on this.
You have a centri strapped to the side of a Boss, you've said before you aren't interested in tracks. Given that nothing even starts to happen till you are past 3000rpm, unless you forked out the $12k just for something shiney you'd have to be pushing past the speed limits just to notice it is there.
Don't forget the constant wee wee pulling about how his car flogs all other cars..
Old 10-07-2012, 03:15 PM   #77
MAD
Petro-sexual

Quote:
It's a Multi lane hwy, go around them if it bother's you so much or don't be so damn in pateint and just wait, it won't hurt you.
For one, a large speed discrepancy is a hazard. But according to you, and davway, rules are rules? "Keep left" ring any bells?

Quote:
Older people don't have the reflex's that they once had, I am sure you will experience this one day if you are lucky enough to get to their age. I am not saying that it is right that they do these but it is not the end of the world and in reality it doesn't hurt you.
All of the above that you mentioned is just plain stupid and if it bother's you so much then you should not be on the road as that is so pedantic.
Tell yourself that you're a pedantic ***** the next time you nearly t-bone an older driver and get a little angry at them.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:18 PM   #78
TMC
SY TS AWD LPG TEZZA

There'd be many cops who own modified cars, some possibly illegally. Good for them.
4th car 90 XF ute (work car)
5th car 06 SY TS AWD Territory Orbital LPi
6th car 95 XG ute
7th car 2014 SZ Territory TX Petrol
Fords all my life.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:26 PM   #79
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD
For one, a large speed discrepancy is a hazard. But according to you, and davway, rules are rules? "Keep left" ring any bells?

Tell yourself that you're a pedantic ***** the next time you nearly t-bone an older driver and get a little angry at them.
I show some respect to other road user's so I don't think I will have to worry about that, maybe you should try it some time.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:31 PM   #80
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Whoa lads, enough bickering.....

Oh and ladies if any are present

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
Old 10-07-2012, 03:39 PM   #81
Legit290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hang on...was my hearing aid acting up??

is it about old drivers now?

my goodness...better get the nurse in here to straighten my blanket

zzzzzz...nods off
Old 10-07-2012, 03:50 PM   #82
B&D Racing
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
Sorry, but if your car is too low, too loud or obviously not RWC, it shouldnt be on the road.
You may call such people enthusiasts, i call them knobs that have no regard for anyone else on the road.
If you mod your car legally, you have nothing to worry about, however, if your one of the 95% of people that mod their vehicles ILLEGALLY - you should be worried and you probably deserve the pretty yellow sticker your going to get.
And the quality post's just keep on rolling.

Bet you get a heap of enjoyment from the 5% modified ride you operate

Does that makes you sleep well at night davway?
Old 10-07-2012, 03:55 PM   #83
B&D Racing
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
If you cant differentiate between "just un-roadworthy/illegal mods", to "complete disregard for the law, ADR's and other road users safety"..........

Some of you lot need to open your eyes, theres a big difference between a true enthusiast that has respect for the Police, other road users and regulations and then there are those that do not.
If you are in the "do not" category, your a knob.
Think what you want, i really dont care.
Then why post at all?

Sorry i didnt realise this was 3 pages deep when i read it.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:57 PM   #84
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkey117
hang on...was my hearing aid acting up??

is it about old drivers now?

my goodness...better get the nurse in here to straighten my blanket

zzzzzz...nods off

Read the thread and you might understand why reference was made about older drivers...

Now you can go back to sleep!
Old 10-07-2012, 03:59 PM   #85
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeLePew
Whoa lads, enough bickering.....

Oh and ladies if any are present
I am lurking...

Interesting read this thread...but thread topics such as these always are.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:01 PM   #86
Legit290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

no you didn't interest me enough zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 10-07-2012, 04:04 PM   #87
bingoTE50
Steve

Countdown begins .....Give me a 10 ...
Old 10-07-2012, 04:10 PM   #88
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Well it wouldn't be locked if people just talked civilly. Maybe you should all, for once, play nice in here rather than pushing and prodding other members until the thread gets locked? I for one think this topic is quite interesting and I'd hate to see it get locked.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:14 PM   #89
B&D Racing
Banned

Catch 22 iggy we all love a bonnet scoop or a carbie poking through the bonnet or fat *** tyres on a Coupe it establishes cred.

The popo will always see us as an easy target
Old 10-07-2012, 04:16 PM   #90
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

I agree with you, my comment was about how other users have been treating each other; my opinion on the thread topic will wait until I have my laptop to type it all properly
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Closed Thread