Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-01-2014, 03:32 PM   #61
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Toyota workers warned

The I don't have it so they shouldn't either attitude is really alive in Australia.

I don't begrudge others working conditions and it is annoying when people go on and on about what someone else gets because in the end what they get or not is irrelevant to me. Sure I may think some are ridiculous or even extreme but kudos to them if they can get it.

If we all had the same conditions there would be less to stop workers moving around. Depending what you do and what your priorities are in life, will determine what suits you best but then you wouldn't have that much of a choice if it was all the same.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 25-01-2014, 04:02 PM   #62
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublu View Post
I quite agree with your statement, same as people who work for themselves who think all unionists are tarred with the same brush.....don't you agree.
Actually, I come from a family who have been involved with the Trade Union movement for years and years. I must be the black sheep of the family as there are not any self employed amongst my lot. Although my son is just starting his own business. I certainly don't and never will bag the Unions. My old man at 83 this sunday would still kick my lilly white bum if I made disrespectful comments towards Unions. There is a place and a need for all....
2 users like this post:
Old 25-01-2014, 05:01 PM   #63
GCRXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
You can call a doctor to make a house call, so no waiting rooms.

Bulk bill ,often with no gap payment.

My son is a locum doctor and does it some evenings.
Call a doctor to make a house call??? Not all doctors are prepared to make a house call. Not all towns have doctors in private practice. Some are hospital GP who can not leave the hospital.
Old 25-01-2014, 05:26 PM   #64
Kayos
Lag = hang onto something

I think it’s a very well presented time for people of Australia to wake up.
Auto manufacturing is finished in Australia, this is a global decision and a cost one at that. The parent companies don’t need and definitely don’t want our overheads.
Whatever cost cuts are made or salary sacrifices the workers at Toyota take, it is over.
As was raised previously by a member, Ford was honest and pulled the trigger early. The pyramid has taken a global strike and the next 5+ years will make Australia very different.
Our heads which are now in charge and hiding for fear of the future will line their pockets and all their friends pockets while we argue on what should be done. Let’s just keep letting the imports flood into Aus while we can’t match the profit margins. And why don’t we sell the rest of our farms and major companies so the books look good for now…. Please note: the last sentence was pure sarcasm. vote lib as we have no labour in aus it's all gone bye bye

Some previous rides: Ef mont, RX7tt series VI, BM coupes, TE50, BA ghia, BA XR6t

Current rides: G6E blk/Cshmr, Chrysler by Chrysler no.1, Chrysler by Chrysler no.2
Kayos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 25-01-2014, 07:39 PM   #65
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayos View Post
Auto manufacturing is finished in Australia, this is a global decision and a cost one at that. The parent companies don’t need and definitely don’t want our overheads.
Whatever cost cuts are made or salary sacrifices the workers at Toyota take, it is over.
As was raised previously by a member, Ford was honest and pulled the trigger early. The pyramid has taken a global strike and the next 5+ years will make Australia very different.
Our heads which are now in charge and hiding for fear of the future will line their pockets and all their friends pockets while we argue on what should be done. Let’s just keep letting the imports flood into Aus while we can’t match the profit margins. And why don’t we sell the rest of our farms and major companies so the books look good for now…. Please note: the last sentence was pure sarcasm. vote lib as we have no labour in aus it's all gone bye bye

exactly . well said . no point arguing about workers( those who arent at home full time) having it to good here anymore .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 26-01-2014, 10:52 AM   #66
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayos View Post
I'm fully wake & don’t think it is finished!! Granted it is not looking good, but there is still a little glimmer of hope. And on this Australian day, I'll take that small chance. There is very different language coming out of Toyota when compared to Holden & Ford. They seem committed to it. They have only ever closed 1 (or is it 2?) plants in their history, so closing plants is not something they do!!

Also, Ford build 30K per year & had no real plan to greatly raise that & Holden's post 2017 costings were built around 65K per year production levels. Toyota is costing/ building around 100-110K. That is a scale of economy that the other 2 could only dream of.
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 26-01-2014, 11:25 AM   #67
BA GT-HO
Bring back Ambrose!

All I ever read in these threads is rusted on union members who have their heads firmly in the clouds blaming managers for everything (us vs them) (shafted, bullied all the usual union catch crys).

Things need to change in manufacturing. Part of that has to be some absurd conditions need to go. This is not the golden era anymore.

And for the people saying managers and execs get paid too much, well when you have the responsibility of making decisions that could very well impact the viability of a business then I think you should be getting paid more than the bloke bludging whilst donating blood on a Friday arvo.
BA GT-HO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2014, 11:53 AM   #68
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

When production costs, including wages & salaries exceed possible profits then you have priced yourself out of a job. Simple!

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-01-2014, 12:13 PM   #69
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA GT-HO View Post
All I ever read in these threads is rusted on union members who have their heads firmly in the clouds blaming managers for everything (us vs them) (shafted, bullied all the usual union catch crys).

Things need to change in manufacturing. Part of that has to be some absurd conditions need to go. This is not the golden era anymore.

And for the people saying managers and execs get paid too much, well when you have the responsibility of making decisions that could very well impact the viability of a business then I think you should be getting paid more than the bloke bludging whilst donating blood on a Friday arvo.
toyota build great cars . it's amazing to see bludgers building them .in between his blood donations . bludgers are drawn to such easy work like building cars , rather than stay home on the doll ya dip SH.
Old 26-01-2014, 12:15 PM   #70
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
When production costs, including wages & salaries exceed possible profits then you have priced yourself out of a job. Simple!
IN A WORLD OF FREE TRADE , no you havent priced yourself out of a job, your slave labor overseas has . I'ts tha SIMPLE . . typical people blaming wages for everything . we should all just help and live on the streets .
Old 26-01-2014, 12:40 PM   #71
BA GT-HO
Bring back Ambrose!

gtfpv you do realise that if everyone in the world lived like an Australian there would be no planet Earth?

Essentially what you are saying is it's the poor guys fault.

It's the poor guys fault he accepts a job with low wages in a country of 40% unemployment.

It's the poor guys fault he accepts a job with low wages to feed his family.

It's the poor guys fault that all he wants for his family is a better life. One like we have over here already. With a GT in the shed.

We need to meet somewhere in the middle for this to be sustainable for everyone one, well off and poor. By expanding the gap further and further via more wage increases, hanging onto conditions that are just ridiculous all this does is force companies to look overseas to the poor guys on low wages to build the cars.

Unions don't care about you. When will you get that? All they care about is memberships, getting your money and their own political aspirations. When you are out on strike without pay, guess who is collecting penalty rates? Your fearless Union secretary!

It is legal stand over tactics in some cases.
BA GT-HO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2014, 12:43 PM   #72
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Then you can also have the responsibility of making **** decisions rather than blaming it on workers.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2014, 12:56 PM   #73
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
gtfpv you do realise that if everyone in the world lived like an Australian there would be no planet Earth?

It's the poor guys fault he accepts a job with low wages in a country of 40% unemployment.

It's the poor guys fault that all he wants for his family is a better life. One like we have over here already. With a GT in the shed.

We need to meet somewhere in the middle for this to be sustainable for everyone one, well off and poor. By expanding the gap further and further via more wage increases, hanging onto conditions that are just ridiculous all this does is force companies to look overseas to the poor guys on low wages to build the cars.

Unions don't care about you. When will you get that? All they care about is memberships, getting your money and their own political aspirations. When you are out on strike without pay, guess who is collecting penalty rates? Your fearless Union secretary!

mate when will you get that unions created your lifestyle , and now your whinging about it and want to go back and compete with slaves . why do people keep putting our lifestyle down !!!io cannot believe the amount of ordinary folk that want a lot less than they have now . rather than bring slave labor up , they want to go down and be slaves too . unions do care about our lifestyle . its people like you that dont want us to have a roof a bed and food on the table . when will you get that . next youll be bagging people for living too long , or wanting children , or having a tv .
you think your not bagging yourself . i'm telling you you are . your telling everyone here that people without homes and health care and 3 square meals a day , are better than us because we want that .
we dont need to meet somewhere in the middle at all . . our top brass need to come back a lot . 85 of the richest people on earth , own the same $$$ as the botton 3500 000 000( 1/2 the worlds people) , lets move on to the next million wealthiest people in the world shall we .

Last edited by gtfpv; 26-01-2014 at 01:02 PM.
Old 26-01-2014, 01:05 PM   #74
gtfpv
GT

how many GT's are in the shed !!! mostly hyundi's . how many porsches in the shed from working !!! plenty but not from work .

unions do care about australians lifestyle . thats why govts kill ( murder) anyone who tries to form one in 3rd world countries , thats why govts here bag unions to no end , and they do it with the support of knuckle heads in this country who support govts , when they say it's workers fault . . pretty much any story about a compnay closing its doors on this forum , within 10 posts a knuckle head will turn around and say it's a bludger on the work floors fault , along with all of em , serves them right . there are much better quality morralled people in 3rd world countries who are giving us what we deserve . i wish that gene would be erradicated from humans . then we'd all strive for fairness not poverty rules .

Last edited by gtfpv; 26-01-2014 at 01:16 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 26-01-2014, 01:14 PM   #75
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:

Thank you for pretty much putting into words what we're experiencing right now.
If we keep going the way we are then I'd hate to see where we end up.
Old 26-01-2014, 01:18 PM   #76
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched View Post
Thank you for pretty much putting into words what we're experiencing right now.
If we keep going the way we are then I'd hate to see where we end up.
probably working for you LOL
Old 26-01-2014, 01:25 PM   #77
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv View Post
probably working for you LOL
Or worse for me, have a greedy self centered egotistical employee like yourself...no thanks LOL
Old 26-01-2014, 03:51 PM   #78
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Can't you feel the love here on Australia Day.......................
4 users like this post:
Old 26-01-2014, 04:56 PM   #79
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:

When was the last time you worked in manufacturing? you think all employees live in the past when it was the good times, well I can tell you for fact most employees have given up perks & tow the line but still are getting screwed.

I'm not talking just car industry but also others where workers are **** frightened to lose their jobs & are willing to sacrifice to save their positions & the industry they work in.

Last edited by Itsme; 26-01-2014 at 05:02 PM.
Itsme is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2014, 05:22 PM   #80
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv View Post
I'M a worker my friend , i started working for a U.S pharma company as an apprentice the day after i left school. it was a gold watch job and a gold watch trade , ( fitting machining) . i saved money and also worked at a pub at night .
back then i could buy a house for about 70k tradesman were earning about 30k inc OT .
My prospects were good , there was manufacturing and production expertise in this country .
FAST FORWARD 28 YRS . i am now in essential services , my production prospects are pretty well gone , i havent gotten wealthy out of working . i coul'dve if i'd invested ( which is capitalism) < money for no labour .
over the years i seen peoples employment prospects grow by joining industries that produce nothing , ie law , accountancy, economic management, banking and investing . those of us manufacturers either changed jobs accordingly , or transferred to essential service industries . the essential service industries dont make people wealthy but pay a living . wealth comes from the capitalist type jobs which produce nothing , and save or cost cut .
my point being if the whole country aims to be an accountant , or lawyer or doctor , and wants to attain a good standard of living , who is going to pay them for thier services .
it's said even today that the gap between the rich and the poor is growing .
what we are seeing in this country is our work given to other countries . the reasoning is the workers want ( not need ) too much , and are ripping the company off, therefore the company is (forced)forced to seek cheaper labour to compete with cheaper countries, meanwhile nothing is coming down in price. ( shareholders and stake holders make money out of this ( < free money and quickly)
my children are now faced with fewer job prospects out there , there are many uni qualified professionals unemployed with no work , because a lawyer simply cant produce a car or house or food for us, therefore poverty is now moving to professionals also,as those trying to avoid it become competition ( more lawyers than required). leaving only attained wealth with only chances to increase or maintain .
blaming workers cause houses went from 70k to 700k , and electricity rises 6% per year , and taxes and private user pays systems end health and education costs etc , and seeking ( free money ) < thats what creates wealth now , free money for no labor . is a failing formula.
i have no fix . sorry . start your own business maybe and try not to pay people enough to make a living and i might have a slim chance of being able to obtain a decent living .
my only answer would be to stop free trade . as unionists and communists tried to do all along but failed . then we can produce our own and buy our own at the rate required , that would mean i buy a falcon or holden at 35k and not a lancer at 19k . but we let our corperate money spinners allow cheaper people to put us out of business and yet increase living costs here .
not being a financial analyst with a degree . houses <our mainstay costs and essential services have not come down , they are the things we NEED TO BUY .THEY ARE THE THINGS THE USER DOES NOT MAKE MONEY ON , ONLY THE OWNERS MAKE MONEY ON THESE ESSENTIAL SERVICES our sytem is flawed . whinging about it without doing something about it wont change that . moveing companies off shore definately wont change that unless houses and capitilist pricnciples fold into bankruptcy. then my children might be able to play on a level playing field with cheap labour . they can work for 10 bucks hr , and buy houses for 70k . to do this anyone with any money now, mainly the richest ones will have to lose it all, as the poorer people don't have enough left to lose . WHEN YOU THINK ABOUT IT THE BAD WATER IS FLOWING UP HILL . THE ONLY FIX NOW IS THE TOP TO LOSE IT ALL , THE POOR HAVE nothing to trade off, the middle class is starting to lose where most of the wealth is . the top will have to lose all as well

i have edited this to try and make more sense ( PLEASE RE READ )
Are you suggesting a 1917 style revolution?

Excellent post by the way. Your argument has a sound basis, even though I abhor socialism...
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2014, 05:32 PM   #81
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post

Excellent post by the way. Your argument has a sound basis, even though I abhor socialism...
thanks mate . I guess it all depends on what children today expect when they grow up , they'll be the ones who decide i think , unless the govt starts creating work for our people rather than selling it all off and leaving nothing besides bureaucracy type work and essential services . ( which i dont think either govt will do ) what will our children do , so far we have 1 generation still at home or living with parents at 30 yrs old , even if married . these people might stay with mum and dad till 40 + and end up inheriting the house anyhow , forgoing the generation of opportunity before them ( our generation) . as work becomes harder to attain , and wages drop further , those growing up wantng a life of dreams of perhaps a job ,a car, a house and family , realising that it just isn't attainable for many at all , we'll have to wait and see whether these people become collective again and start a revolution and demand the right to have a life before they die !!! i guess in the next 10-30 years we'll find out. GOT TO REMEMBER IF A HIGH MAJORITY OF PEOPLE OF ALL TYPES HAVE NO OPPORTUNITY , THERE'LL BE SMART ONES TOO , AS WELL AS STRONG ONES , AND ALL MIXES AIMING FOR ONE THING

Last edited by gtfpv; 26-01-2014 at 05:41 PM.
Old 26-01-2014, 09:32 PM   #82
Kayos
Lag = hang onto something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619 View Post
I'm fully wake & don’t think it is finished!! Granted it is not looking good, but there is still a little glimmer of hope. And on this Australian day, I'll take that small chance. There is very different language coming out of Toyota when compared to Holden & Ford. They seem committed to it. They have only ever closed 1 (or is it 2?) plants in their history, so closing plants is not something they do!!

Also, Ford build 30K per year & had no real plan to greatly raise that & Holden's post 2017 costings were built around 65K per year production levels. Toyota is costing/ building around 100-110K. That is a scale of economy that the other 2 could only dream of.
It's good to be an optimist but simply put I'm a realist, and if you haven't been able to read this coming from the last lot of redundancys at the Toy ota engine plant or the closing of Ford/Holden of late then I'll send you a PM when it all does a house of cards Joe... Unfortunatly it all comes down to $$, and I'm proud of what I said before of was offered my new job of late, I don't care about being a corp whore or flying interstate anymore I just want to be happy, Something that should also be remembered on Australia day. Lets be the best Australians for Australia, and it's people and future. We are getting sold out to the highest number, if not our property, but our schooling, or our companies. Wakey wakey

Some previous rides: Ef mont, RX7tt series VI, BM coupes, TE50, BA ghia, BA XR6t

Current rides: G6E blk/Cshmr, Chrysler by Chrysler no.1, Chrysler by Chrysler no.2

Last edited by AU1XLS; 26-01-2014 at 09:49 PM.
Kayos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2014, 09:58 PM   #83
GREGL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielXR8 View Post
Top executive earns a max of 12 times the lowest paid employee. This excludes owner/operators of companies. If the executives want a payrise and bonus, everyone gets one. They all work for the same company and they are all employees. As for threats of leaving. Well you weren't there for the right reasons if it was only the pay and there are plenty of other Australians who will step up and take the opportunity they exit from. Far from a disaster I think they will create opportunities for people with true passion for companies and a desire to do well. It will destroy the boys club that pervades the current management structure.

All raw materials must be processed at least one level, before it can be exported.

All free trade agreements are null and void if the other country impose any direct or indirect tax that is designed to go against the spirit of the free trade agreement.

All foreign national businesses that setup in Australia and produce in Australia have their corporate tax reduced by a third compared to those who import only.

Having opportunities for all Australians to work in many sectors of trade and business is important for our long term viability and for the good health and welfare of all Australians. Government policy must always strive for a balanced economy where Australians are involved in all areas of research, manufacturing, science, medicine, agriculture, engineering, mining and others. The current imbalance in our economy must be seen as unacceptable.

Australian startups are given access to larger cash loans and investments from Government with less red tape.

Australian government agencies must always, always purchase Australian made goods wherever there is one available. Their purchases to be subject to Federal government oversight and fines issued if it is decided they breached these conditions.

Our transport and utilities are to stay in Australian government ownership for the good of all Australians. Those sold must be reacquired at the same market value they were sold.

Government policy is about our future, our kids future and our grand kids future. Not about what happens before the election. When things are deemed to be in the national interest Labor and the Coalition must have terms of reference to what they WILL NOT change should they come to power. This is particularly important as it comes to how we do international trade and relations.

The good of the many must outweigh the greed of the few. All government policy should reflect this.

Nation building is not an antiquated concept and each government must declare to the public what projects it will/is undertaking for us and future generations of Australians.

Australia is not "Open for business" as our current PM likes to waffle, but should be "Open for business partnerships". Companies that are willing to take a long term view of their engagement in Australia, will be favoured accordingly both financially and in opportunity for government contracts and co-investment.

No more tax cuts until it can be proved the public good is being well taken care of and paid for. In other words no buying votes which our most vulnerable members of society pay for with less services and support.

Australians come first.
I don't think anyone would have a problem with the majority of your policies , however there would have to be a totally new party as none of the current ones advocate nor are capable of advocating 99 % of them due to self interest .
GREGL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2014, 10:13 PM   #84
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublu View Post

I'm not talking just car industry but also others where workers are **** frightened to lose their jobs & are willing to sacrifice to save their positions & the industry they work in.
I think you are absolutely right. In today's society and economy a family needs two people working, the fear of loosing ones job must weigh heavily on anyone in this position. And that's where the individual needs to think long and hard about their position.
They need to know their industry, their employer and themselves so as to make the righ decision for themselves. Their options may be stay and give up some of the benefits they currently have and maybe even a pay cut to keep a job, but risk an immanent closure or leave and find an alternative job in a down market along with 30000 other industry colleagues. Or maybe vote to no changes in the award and maintain a job with possibly a higher risk of the company folding and again start looking for work with 30,000 ex colleagues who are now competition.
I can see why you'd be scared to loose the job, but the individual needs to make a judgement call, is the company honestly trying to continue business or are they looking for a cheaper exit, are the unions working for the particular individual or a ideal maintenance of awards at all costs, the individual worker, who should know their employer and industry is best placed to make this call.
I for one would want the decision to be mine not handled by a representative from a union who may not have the same agenda or vested interest in success. Im not saying unions are bad, just saying Id prefer to find my own facts and make my own decision becuase Im the only one looking out for me and mine 100%

JP
jpblue1000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2014, 10:26 PM   #85
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post

Oh God I hope a revolution comes.
Looking at history and extrapolating to our particular situation I see dark days for global west. The rise and rise of asia, their growing economic, social and political power paralleling the decay in the west's manufacturing, financial systems, standard of living and hope.
As the Asian middle classes get richer pushing their economies even faster I think the west will get left behind with no or greatly diminishing wealth creating opportunities. In effect we have priced ourselves out of making wealth, we now pay poor countries to do it for us, increasing their wealth decreasing ours.
Soon, 30-50 years hence, and this is my fear, there will be a switch in power where it will be cheaper to make stuff in countries like Australia, US, UK. etc this means that before that our economies have slowed down to such a degree that we go backwards, and the next 30-50 years is mine and my children's time. what will this mean to us?
The revolution I hope for is a revolution in thinking, in action and in understanding about our consumerism. Buy quality local at a higher cost but less of it rather than more low quality imported stuff, live within our means as individuals and as an community and employ your neighbor.
An economically inward looking country, where we support ourselves first, invest in ourselves and reap the rewards ourselves
JP
jpblue1000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 26-01-2014, 10:42 PM   #86
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

And I bet toyota will put up the price of a cruiser another 7 g this financial year ...I know greed on the floor is wrong but it all starts in the sales room ...multi national profits vs dumb dumbs like me trying to get my little share ...Gunna be a sad day when they shut their doors ... ultimately for costs vs profits
Old 26-01-2014, 10:53 PM   #87
GREGL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpblue1000 View Post
Oh God I hope a revolution comes.
Looking at history and extrapolating to our particular situation I see dark days for global west. The rise and rise of asia, their growing economic, social and political power paralleling the decay in the west's manufacturing, financial systems, standard of living and hope.
As the Asian middle classes get richer pushing their economies even faster I think the west will get left behind with no or greatly diminishing wealth creating opportunities. In effect we have priced ourselves out of making wealth, we now pay poor countries to do it for us, increasing their wealth decreasing ours.
Soon, 30-50 years hence, and this is my fear, there will be a switch in power where it will be cheaper to make stuff in countries like Australia, US, UK. etc this means that before that our economies have slowed down to such a degree that we go backwards, and the next 30-50 years is mine and my children's time. what will this mean to us?
The revolution I hope for is a revolution in thinking, in action and in understanding about our consumerism. Buy quality local at a higher cost but less of it rather than more low quality imported stuff, live within our means as individuals and as an community and employ your neighbor.
An economically inward looking country, where we support ourselves first, invest in ourselves and reap the rewards ourselves
JP
WW3 by stealth , who needs weapons of mass destruction when you have a population who think a $900 handout will solved our economic problems . Well 49% of them anyway .
Old 26-01-2014, 11:04 PM   #88
XP6
Formerly ST170ish

Trade agreements... we been getting shafted since the 80's, there is no protection for Australian companys anymore, anything for a quick buck who cares about what ruin it causes in 20 years time so long as the buck is in my pocket right now.
We are all to blame say no more

Thats IMHO
Old 26-01-2014, 11:18 PM   #89
GREGL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanman_75 View Post
And I bet toyota will put up the price of a cruiser another 7 g this financial year ...I know greed on the floor is wrong but it all starts in the sales room ...multi national profits vs dumb dumbs like me trying to get my little share ...Gunna be a sad day when they shut their doors ... ultimately for costs vs profits
Ah Landcruisers , overpriced and over rated , however they give people what they want . A patrol in earlier guise was competitive until they put the 3 ltr in it and left it to Toyota to get all the market. 4.8 petrol patrol , crazy .
Anyway if you were in business to make a buck and you had the only product that it didn't matter what price you put on it still sells like hotcakes what would you do ? Besides they are nothing to do with local production are they ?
In the context of this thread so far , being a battling wage earner that most portray , it has been a long time since a landcruiser has been an affordable vehicle to buy new , let alone run .

Last edited by GREGL; 26-01-2014 at 11:28 PM.
Old 26-01-2014, 11:23 PM   #90
xr6turboford

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielXR8 View Post
So when you want an appointment with the doctor you have to contend with heaps of people trying to get a certificate, because they have a stomach bug or migraine and can't just take one day off.

I think some common sense a certificate for just one day is absurd. For one thing our GP's don't need their waiting rooms filled with people who normally would just take the day off in bed and taking up the time of the GP better spent with other patients who have reason to be there beyond their employer doesn't trust them.
I see you haven't heard the latest, you can now go to the chemist and get a certificate for a sickie and your employer has to except it. The government brought this in to help free up the GP'S so next time you get the runs you now know where to go
xr6turboford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post