Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 16-10-2009, 06:00 PM   #61
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can I give you some advice ... As one who is visited regularly by reps (I'm not a corporate CEO but I do own the business) if someone turned up in an "old" euro trying to do "big business deals" I would consider them a "try hard" just as Flappist stated. Most reps/consultants have company cars/novated and I would expect them to turn up in something new, lets face it a company doing well has a well maintained fleet, turned over regularly. Unless the car was some classic, big buck baby then I might think otherwise, but most unlikely.

I don't think I read how many km's you were going to average however if it is quite high, say 50K+ I'd go as new as you can, finance it and pick an upper spec model of whatever brand. You need to get to your appointments on time, (I hate people being late because I'm then late for others) as this will impress me more then a 10+ year old BMW in the carpark in front of my offfice. If a person rolled up in a G6ET or Merc C63, it's not the car which will win my business, it's the person I'm meeting, the relationship we strike up, and the service/product they offer. A butt hole in a $300,000 S class is still a butt hole. If your potential clients are so heavily swayed by what you drive then the next rep in the "better" credentialed car will beat you out and so on.

Last edited by Dr Smith; 16-10-2009 at 06:14 PM.
Old 16-10-2009, 06:16 PM   #62
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Yeah I agree Dr Smith. I had a similar job to described above briefly and driving a barina didn't change a thing.

Reckon CHEETR is over the idea?..LOL
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 16-10-2009, 06:27 PM   #63
divine_afg
Extreme_Custom

Having Worked in Sales and account managment - I would consider whats already been pointed out by Flappist, ltd, dr smith and others like.

You'll look much better with your XR if its bothers you get nice set of wheels
for it like BBS Styles, Deffinitly no Chromes

Good luck

Last edited by divine_afg; 16-10-2009 at 06:40 PM.
Old 16-10-2009, 06:54 PM   #64
CHEETR
EBfairmont with TE50motor

i bought a bmw coupe simular tot he black one but in white.

obviously this was the wrong place to post this judging by all the comments against what im doing.

it was a thread to see opinions on the cars i chose, not opinions on what i chose to do.

thanks to the blokes who provided decent input, and thanks to the blokes who waisted their time with usless comments about euro cars and what i want to use the car for.

and to the dumb blokes who said buy a ba or something, as i stated in he first post i already have one, im buying this other car for work.

Rebuilding - VT LS1 t56 (my first car) featured december 2007 street machine commodores

Weekender - Stejcraft 75hp outboard ski boat
(CURRENTLY FOR SALE)
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=2894335&posted=1#post2894335
Old 16-10-2009, 07:03 PM   #65
divine_afg
Extreme_Custom

Mods Please Close this Thread
OP found Answers to his/her Question and has Sincerely thanked everyone.
Old 16-10-2009, 07:46 PM   #66
HSE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine_afg
Mods Please Close this Thread
OP found Answers to his/her Question and has Sincerely thanked everyone.

Is that what you call that outburst.

I can’t remember myself at 22 but I know I had the manners that when asking a question, I actually listened and gave thanks to all input that I received.

I agree with you, this thread now serves no purpose other than to show people that owning a car to impress others will fail unless you have greater skill set than what is on display here.

Wasted time, by dumb blokes -indeed.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'

Last edited by HSE2; 16-10-2009 at 07:57 PM.
Closed Thread