Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-10-2010, 11:48 AM   #61
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Not good Warren!!!!

Hopefully this gets sorted out soon... Doesn't look right seeing one your cars banged up like that!
Old 14-10-2010, 01:27 PM   #62
xrfalcon
On The Limiter

What was the reason behind filming anyway?
xrfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2010, 01:52 PM   #63
Pearly
Lowriding

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the time spent at most functions taking photos free for us 

I've been testing out a new security feature I'm building for the car for the last couple of weeks. I accidentally left it running yesterday, and it normally only captures about 30 mins due to the size of the memory card in it at the moment, but since it was recording a dead still image, and no sound it was able to fit more than it usually does on the card, so it actually ran for longer than it normal.

GOOD NEWS!

The Triton is there today. I just drove past it and took a heap of photos of it that match the footage on the video.
I won't bother confronting them, I'm just going to report it to the police and get a report, then let Shannons deal with it.

They parked it all the way around the other side of the school grounds, about 800mtrs from were it was yesterday.

It is all banged up and has had a few hits, after seeing it I'm not surprised they didn't leave a note.
Pearly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2010, 02:04 PM   #64
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Excellent news, please keep us updated.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2010, 02:08 PM   #65
zetec
Zoom Zoom

You beauty, I'm very glad you found it and very keen to hear how it is resolved. Hope Insurance can tidy it all up for you!
Old 14-10-2010, 02:12 PM   #66
StrikeTwiceXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would only show half the footage and bluff them into to saying that it is their car before they see all the footage with no rego plates visible. Just a tip buddy! Same thing happened to me August last year. I had a VN Commodore at the time and it was straight and original. $2000 worth of damage was done and i had to pay a $600 excess because no one owned up to it.
I wish you great luck with this mate and i am sorry for your pain
StrikeTwiceXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2010, 02:14 PM   #67
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

goodnews.. a big win for sneakycam.. lol at them parking 800mtrs away.....
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2010, 02:30 PM   #68
HSE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearly

GOOD NEWS!

The Triton is there today. I just drove past it and took a heap of photos of it that match the footage on the video.
I won't bother confronting them, I'm just going to report it to the police and get a report, then let Shannons deal with it.

They parked it all the way around the other side of the school grounds, about 800mtrs from were it was yesterday.

It is all banged up and has had a few hits, after seeing it I'm not surprised they didn't leave a note.

Thats great news.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2010, 02:33 PM   #69
Pearly
Lowriding

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the time spent at most functions taking photos free for us 

Here's a few pics of it. I've got photos from all angles.

Sorry, for the quality they are off my phone.

I was right about the no. plate... ?LP-???
Old 14-10-2010, 02:39 PM   #70
BluepearlXH
Brendan

glad you found the ute again buddy.
just one step closer to getting it sorted.
I truly think when they see any video footage they will cough up tue excess.
if they don't they are just a down right deadbeat!

Has owned an FPV :p

Last edited by BluePearlSP; 14-10-2010 at 02:42 PM. Reason: stupid phone predictive text
BluepearlXH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2010, 02:39 PM   #71
illusionalvr
Banned

should park next to them "i know what you did yesterday" on there window :P
illusionalvr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2010, 02:44 PM   #72
BluepearlXH
Brendan

Quote:
Originally Posted by illusionalvr
best idea ever!

Has owned an FPV :p
BluepearlXH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2010, 02:46 PM   #73
tweeked
N/A all the way

You have officially them

tweeked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2010, 03:04 PM   #74
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Quote:
+100! Do it!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2010, 03:10 PM   #75
GavL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Classic, I just burst out laughing at work!

Great to hear that you found them Warren. Looks like they're a regular offender!

Let us know of the outcome.

BAII XR6 in SHOCKWAVE
5SP Manual | Sports Leather Seats | Premium Sound | Dual Zone Climate Control | Sunroof | Reverse Sensors | 18" XR8 Wheels | XR6T Exhaust | Lowered | XR6T Intake | GT Steering Wheel

AUIII XR8 in NAROOMA BLUE
Info to come soon!
GavL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2010, 03:22 PM   #76
fmc351
let it burn

With the broken taillight, the matching canopy, roof racks with ring ties on each end, badge on the side, sticker on the back, the vehicles location, couple of letters of the plate. Didnt happen to pick up the bits of his reflector from the ground did you?

How clear is you footage compared to that on Youtube? The left ring on the rear rack has a tie of some sort on it, its still there in the phone pics.

When a enough circumstantial evidence exists, a case can be made on that alone. A coincidence or two leaves room for reasonable doubt, too many and it becomes apparent even to a legal system.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2010, 03:29 PM   #77
Pearly
Lowriding

Original video is only a little clearer, but you can make things like the tie on the racks, the tail lights, the bit of tape on the canopy window and even the bird crap on the passenger side window. I'm feeling pretty confident.

Really temped to write the 'I KNOW WHAT YOU DID YESTERDAY' on it. If it's still there when I leave this afternoon I will.
Old 14-10-2010, 03:31 PM   #78
BGBOSS

Quote:
Haha!
Happened to me a while ago. I was sitting in my car and saw an old bloke reversing toward me in a carpark. Beeped for ages but he kept on coming. Did a fair amount of damage to my drivers door. After he hit me I got out and confronted him. He told me he was to old and couldnt pay for any repairs.... and drove off Rang my insurer with his rego and they took care of the rest. No police report. I did contact the police with the rego details and they actually gave a phone number and address I guess they were hoping I could settle it myself. Gave all that info to my insurer. Never heard from him again and it diddn't cost me a cent

Good luck with it all
BGBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2010, 03:38 PM   #79
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:

Really temped to write the 'I KNOW WHAT YOU DID YESTERDAY' on it. If it's still there when I leave this afternoon I will.
I wouldnt, funny as ****, but not a good idea. Maybe leave a CALM note that states a witrness has identified his vehicle as the one that hit your car, and that you will be contacting the police with his information. He wont believe its on film, but if he even has half a brain, he would jerry that if you know, there must be a witness, schools are like that.

Id say he'll cop to it, and claim he wasnt sure or some ****. His admission is better than the tape.
Old 14-10-2010, 03:42 PM   #80
HSE2

Don't give the fine citizen any warning whatsoever.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
Old 14-10-2010, 04:27 PM   #81
Pearly
Lowriding

awww, and I've been practicing all afternoon how to write it backwards so I could do it on their windscreen :(

I'll just stick with my original plan. I inquired with the police about how to go about it and they said to just go into any station and report it and to show them the video and photos. So that's what I'll do. I'll ring my insurer once I have their report.
Old 14-10-2010, 04:34 PM   #82
BA GT-HO
Bring back Ambrose!

I think the shock of being busted for it a few days or weeks later is better than them knowing it was coming and being able to fabricate some story.

As funny as that would be it is just not worth it.
BA GT-HO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2010, 04:47 PM   #83
FordACE
Fast Ford to the Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA GT-HO
agreed
Old 14-10-2010, 04:55 PM   #84
HSE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA GT-HO
I think the shock of being busted for it a few days or weeks later is better than them knowing it was coming and being able to fabricate some story.

What about the shock of finding out your pedigree has been decreed on a national website?

Way to come out!
Old 14-10-2010, 04:56 PM   #85
sandmanls1

burn a copy of the video onto a CD and leave it in an envelope on windscreen...
Old 14-10-2010, 05:09 PM   #86
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
awww, and I've been practicing all afternoon how to write it backwards so I could do it on their windscreen :(

I'll just stick with my original plan. I inquired with the police about how to go about it and they said to just go into any station and report it and to show them the video and photos. So that's what I'll do. I'll ring my insurer once I have their report.
You'll end up with the last laugh.
Old 14-10-2010, 05:15 PM   #87
block58
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pearly, you are a WINNER!

+1 to you, it's not often these sorts of people get what they deserve. Good on ya!
block58 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2010, 05:24 PM   #88
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

As much as I like the whole idea of making the guy feel miserable, it will give him a change to concoct a story as to how it 'wasn't' his fault.

Once insurance is all done and dusted, perhaps leave a note with the link to this thread? :P
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2010, 05:38 PM   #89
dannyxm
was danny888

Good to hear Warren,

It reminds me of a matter i saw once in the Local Court whilst waiting for my client's matter. (Im a Solicitor)

Similar matter where a bloke was caught on CCTV reversing into another car leaving a big scratch up the side.

His Solicitor put up some silly submissions to the court stating that the court take into account that he will need to pay excess and the like bla bla bla dont give him a big fine.

The Magistrate went of his brain and said,

'No! Had ne not been cought on CCTV he wouldnt be here! He would have simply left and not had to pay anything. Nothing worse than coming back to your car only to see it damaged by someone who doesnt even leave a note.'

Gave him a big fine from memory.
Old 14-10-2010, 05:48 PM   #90
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Similar thing happened to an old vietnam vet I worked with he was in his Fairlane at the shops this car is reversing back and he hits the horn but too late gets reversed into.

The people get out of the other car and look at the damage he gets out and says you reversed into my car he is about 5 foot 3 the other guy is over 6 foot big and young denies it abuses him and then threatens harm .

The vietnam vet says ok dont worry about it backs down the young guy mocks him laughs at him and walks off .
Then the old vet takes to the other guys car with a jack handle.
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post