Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-08-2011, 07:06 PM   #61
GreenR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: How often do you wash your pride & joy?

Washed every week.
Interior every 2 weeks.
Wax every 4 weeks.
GreenR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2011, 07:13 PM   #62
Bunyip04
Think Heavy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper237
Haha Mick you started a thread about this too. Well I knda wish I was still living in Darwin when its dry season weather. Albury/Wodonga sucks in winter I used to wash and then clean the interior throughly every week in Darwin but down here its dirty again in 3 days so its every 2-3weeks now.

Haha yeah man! I'm on leave and get some spare time, for once....!!!

Didn't know you still got on here, you get much cruising action in SA??

There's no replacement for displacement!!!

Handling: Bilstein Shocks with King springs all round, Whiteline 27mm front swaybar & 22mm rear adj, upgraded PBR rotors, calipers and braided lines all round with Bendix Ultimate pads.
Go Fast Bits: Herrod C.A.I with K&N 4" pod flter, Herrod Helix spacer, Herrod oil breathers, Tridon 72c thermostat, Herrod 2.5" stainless cat back zorst.
Bunyip04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2011, 07:29 PM   #63
JG65TE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS290
I’d say that statement needs qualifying as if it’s a daily driver or kept outside it would be the opposite.

If you have a show car that only comes out on dry days etc then fine but if it’s your daily or gets parked under trees etc then weekly washing (including the underside) will stop it rusting as it washes all the crap off that causes rust in the first place (and cleans out all the rain channels that fill with leaves and berries etc).

I always chamois off my cars after washing and then take them for a 10 or 15kms drive to dry out any trapped water.

Washing a car and putting it away wet will cause rust.

Otherwise, washing is the best thing you can do.

Fair call there, but he said pride and joy........ My pride and joy is my coupe , so I know all about rust. . I reckon washing a car leaves moisture trapped around the car, in the sills, behind that guards, in the plenum, inside the doors, under trims.....etc .... for "quite a while". (days at a guess) which won't dry out with a blap around the block........ but back to the topic my daily driver is a landcruiser , and they are supposed to be dirty, in fact you may void your warranty if they aren't...... possibly
JG65TE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2011, 07:33 PM   #64
Bunyip04
Think Heavy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG65TE
Fair call there, but he said pride and joy........ My pride and joy is my coupe , so I know all about rust. . I reckon washing a car leaves moisture trapped around the car, in the sills, behind that guards, in the plenum, inside the doors, under trims...... the list goes on for quite a while. (days at a guess) which won't dry out with a blap around the block........ but back to the topic my daily driver is a landcruiser , and they are supposed to be dirty, in fact you may void your warranty if they aren't...... possibly

Good to hear someone not fussed about their 4by gettin dirty..

Handling: Bilstein Shocks with King springs all round, Whiteline 27mm front swaybar & 22mm rear adj, upgraded PBR rotors, calipers and braided lines all round with Bendix Ultimate pads.
Go Fast Bits: Herrod C.A.I with K&N 4" pod flter, Herrod Helix spacer, Herrod oil breathers, Tridon 72c thermostat, Herrod 2.5" stainless cat back zorst.
Old 17-08-2011, 07:35 PM   #65
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG65TE
Fair call there, but he said pride and joy........ My pride and joy is my coupe , so I know all about rust. . I reckon washing a car leaves moisture trapped around the car, in the sills, behind that guards, in the plenum, inside the doors, under trims.....etc .... for "quite a while". (days at a guess) which won't dry out with a blap around the block........ but back to the topic my daily driver is a landcruiser , and they are supposed to be dirty, in fact you may void your warranty if they aren't...... possibly
Mate thats a whole new subject,over here in NZ there a fashion statement nothing more,been funny as .... lately with the snow falling in parts it hasnt for 60 odd years,the news has been full of clips of 4wds that have fallin off the road due to being left in 2 wd
Old 17-08-2011, 07:46 PM   #66
viper237

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunyip04
Haha yeah man! I'm on leave and get some spare time, for once....!!!

Didn't know you still got on here, you get much cruising action in SA??
Im usually always in the F6/XR6T thread (where all the real cars are ). Only went on the one cruise when I was living in SA didn't have the time really.
'05 BAII XR6T (Manual T56) Power-460whp/342.5rwkw, Torque-850nm, Boost 14psi - Crow Cam Valve Springs, Deka 60lb Injs, NGK Irridium plugs 0.8mm, XForce S/S Exhaust/4" Dump/3.5" cat/Quad 2.5" Tips, Rapid V3 IC kit, TS Kompact BOV, Rapid 3ltr Surge Tank w/Bosch 044 pump, Malwood Opt3+ Clutch, Short shift, Autometer SportComp gauges, Konig Kontact 18"x8.5"/9.5" Rims
viper237 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2011, 08:44 PM   #67
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pride and joy for me are my AMC Javelins .. One is flat black, so all you really do is wet it down and lightly wash with mild detergent .. So it doesn't get done often. The other has a satin black hood which is also a pain to wash ..
My SV8 gets washed when I get time and it's a nice day.
Wifes XR6 also gets washed when I can (Octane is actually a pain to keep clean) but she deliberately does her best to keep it dirty .. Driving down dirt roads, parking under trees for sap, bird poo, etc, etc ..
OzJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2011, 10:28 PM   #68
RAPID_BA
Banned

Wash my 3 cars once a week, driven or not.

To wash and polish a DL LTD should be a form of punishment for people who commit serious crimes. You would just about agree to do 2 years at alcatraz before agreeing to wash/polish a DL LTD.
RAPID_BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2011, 06:45 PM   #69
Bunyip04
Think Heavy..

Walked past a BF GT-P in a car park today, covered in dust, dirt tree sap, and everything else.... Made me quite angry.... Why should that person get to own that car... They should give it to me!!! Hahaha