Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-02-2011, 03:16 PM   #61
MexicanBatman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by music189
Slight vering off topic, probably should be posted at You tube link but VB to VK commodore crash test link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgjtSilW8yM

and I have been thinking of a Focus Purchase, you just made my mind up it certainly safe
you obviously didn't read the video description for the early commo crash test

but i still like showing that one to the holden fans, just dont let them read the description or find the other without it and tell them its legit
MexicanBatman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2011, 03:36 PM   #62
kaniSS
BIG MEMBER ;)

What an idiot, how the hell can you turn the steering wheel the other way?
Old 16-02-2011, 06:01 PM   #63
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaniSS
He only had his license since December last year so he's still fairly new to the game (so am I, license in March last year). If he didn't boot it to show off I suppose we wouldn't be in this situation.

Its a bit of a pain in the *** now that I have to pay for another insurance policy on the new car considering I only paid for it 2 weeks ago, they wont refund me the rest of my policy. There is another $2300, I have to wait a bit longer for my new TV I was saving up for now haha.

Also went around to a Ford dealership just before, mum bought her car from there in 1999, I bought my WS Fiesta from there in 2009 then it went under and another dealership boght then out, went back 2010 to enquire about a new Falcon ute in manual, which they had in stock but kept effing me around, tried to do the same thing with me for a LV Focus TDCI, $32,000, GTFO, cost me $25,990 from another dealership.

I'm gonna do the hunting around for one instead of AAMI, I'll go back to the same salesman I got my Focus from earlier in the year, former work mate from when I was at Honda.

I don't trust AAMI, chances are they'll replace the car, but it'll be black instead of white, and automatic instead of manual.... Also they sent me a letter saying that their client *my name here* has made a claim against me for damages and they believe I'm responsible for the accident... Looks like I'm suing myself for damages LOL.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 16-02-2011 at 06:08 PM.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2011, 06:45 PM   #64
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
He only had his license since December last year so he's still fairly new to the game (so am I, license in March last year). If he didn't boot it to show off I suppose we wouldn't be in this situation.

Its a bit of a pain in the *** now that I have to pay for another insurance policy on the new car considering I only paid for it 2 weeks ago, they wont refund me the rest of my policy. There is another $2300, I have to wait a bit longer for my new TV I was saving up for now haha.

Also went around to a Ford dealership just before, mum bought her car from there in 1999, I bought my WS Fiesta from there in 2009 then it went under and another dealership boght then out, went back 2010 to enquire about a new Falcon ute in manual, which they had in stock but kept effing me around, tried to do the same thing with me for a LV Focus TDCI, $32,000, GTFO, cost me $25,990 from another dealership.

I'm gonna do the hunting around for one instead of AAMI, I'll go back to the same salesman I got my Focus from earlier in the year, former work mate from when I was at Honda.

I don't trust AAMI, chances are they'll replace the car, but it'll be black instead of white, and automatic instead of manual.... Also they sent me a letter saying that their client *my name here* has made a claim against me for damages and they believe I'm responsible for the accident... Looks like I'm suing myself for damages LOL.
Wait on,

HE reversed across a highway, you hit him and YOU are at fault? Okay, yeah, watch him get laughed out of court.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2011, 06:58 PM   #65
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

No ... AAMI got it well mixed up ... they aere telling Damo ... that Damo (himself) will be claiming against himself. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAA

How professional of them.

Damo ... don't trust them ... definitely source the car yourself if you can.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2011, 07:09 PM   #66
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
No ... AAMI got it well mixed up ... they aere telling Damo ... that Damo (himself) will be claiming against himself. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAA

How professional of them.

Damo ... don't trust them ... definitely source the car yourself if you can.
Thats right, I think they spend too much money on TV ads and on that chick with the cheesy grin rather than staff inside the office.

Apparently I have this new car replacement thing where if the car is written off within the first two years of purchase, they'll replace it with a new car, I wonder if they'll replace it with a 2011 LV MKII model then?

The other kid has been good about it, he admitted everything to police, backed up what the witness said and one of the cops themselves saw it as they had a car pulled over about 500m behind where it happened. I don't think I'm in for any nasty surprises, unless its from AAMI.
Old 16-02-2011, 07:28 PM   #67
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Oooooh ... no harm in trying to source a MkII ... get Ford to put a case forward to say they can only get these models in now.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2011, 08:36 PM   #68
BadMax
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Stand your ground with AAMI! They will ask you what your car is worth with the intention of trying to pay you out a much lower figure than what it's worth.
The simplests and certainly the fastest solution for you is to claim on your own insurance, this will not cost you a cent and will not effect your premiums, this is why we chooose to pay for comprehensive insurance. Make them work for your hard earned premium.
New for old, will mean and identical car. I assume they will look for the cheapest yet the same car which may end up being a 2010 plated car. BTW, they can't keep your premium, you have nothing insured I'd fight it out with them.
BadMax is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2011, 08:49 PM   #69
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just on this insurance company blunders
Mates wife hit a car that backed out in front of her
Car got fixed,car got returned
Then the people who backed out in front of her ,their insurance company now wont pay the repair
How can a repair be done without approval first ???
How could the car be repaired then released without payment approved ???

Damo,stand your ground , you want new for new
As for withholding any premium you have paid,see the ombudsman
Im sure when rego is cancelled the CTP is forfeited,could be the same with some insurance premiums
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2011, 11:16 AM   #70
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

"Unfortunately" I took the last MKI LV TDCI in Frozen White when I bought the car, so my salesman already found me a MKII in Frozen White just now, I've told AAMI to deal with him and we'll find out whats going on if they're going to give me a MKII or I'll end up with a LV MKI in black and automatic.
Old 17-02-2011, 04:56 PM   #71
Werd.
nou

difference between MK1/2?
Werd. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2011, 05:35 PM   #72
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werd.
difference between MK1/2?
Bluetooth and iPod input I think.
Old 17-02-2011, 08:04 PM   #73
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

good to see you escaped unscathed, with a bit of luck you may get an even better car, good luck.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2011, 09:19 PM   #74
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Bluetooth and iPod input I think.
Different stereo and alloys as well. Maybe voice control?

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2011, 10:20 PM   #75
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Question about insurance. If your car is wrote off do you have to buy a similar priced car? Or do they just give you the money and you can do as you please with it. I.E put it towards a more expensive car, buy 2 cheaper cars or anything else you please.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2011, 04:27 AM   #76
kpcart
Banned

small modern cars are much safer then large 15+ year old cars. the incident described, if it was in an e series falcon, youd be lucky to be alive. ive heard of head ons on highways in early e series falcons without airbags etc, and people had heads decapetated and bodies totally ripped apart. people see small cars in a crash and think "my xe falcon would just have a scratch" but the new small cars are designed to crumble to protect the human driving it, where as old cars were designed to preserve as much of the car as they could and not worry about the person inside.
kpcart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2011, 01:36 PM   #77
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpcart
small modern cars are much safer then large 15+ year old cars. the incident described, if it was in an e series falcon, youd be lucky to be alive. ive heard of head ons on highways in early e series falcons without airbags etc, and people had heads decapetated and bodies totally ripped apart. people see small cars in a crash and think "my xe falcon would just have a scratch" but the new small cars are designed to crumble to protect the human driving it, where as old cars were designed to preserve as much of the car as they could and not worry about the person inside.
you would be disapointed if your brand new car was`nt safer in some ways than an older car, but there are times i can think of i still would`nt want to be in a small car no matter how many air bags you put in it, for example a hit in the rear where there`s little or no crumple zone, and the circumstances you describe the old car with bodys ripped apart are probably the most extreme of crashes, without accurate data its ard to really compare, perhaps in these crashes your new safe car you might not come out of it so well either.
and seeings a low to medium speed accident is more common in the burbs is more likely(in my case) , i`d still prefer my big old car.
Old 18-02-2011, 04:56 PM   #78
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Comparing the small cars to the big ,larger older isnt a just arguement
It all depends on the accident
What was hit,how it was hit ect
Hit something (IE livestock) in a smallish car and the livestock joins the occupents
A horse thrashing around in there
Where as the higher larger car mite just push the stray livestock outta the roadway
Too many variables to conclude whats better or worse
Old 18-02-2011, 07:01 PM   #79
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Apparently the insurance company is going to replace my car with a new one, but I was ringing them up all day yesterday and all they said they could do was email the person who deals with buying new cars, my salesman has me another MKI lined up for the same price he sold me my last one, in the same colour and manual. I told AAMI multiple times to deal with my salesman as he already has me hooked up with another car, I gave my claim details to him but they never spoke to him.

I put a deposit down on it today to secure it, to hell with AAMI. Funny, they where in such a hurry for me to sign over registration of my car to them, so they could auction it. Ringing me up all the time, sending the forms by express post, now they're being slow when it comes to dishing out $$$.

I also cleared up the letter they sent me about me claiming damages against myself, they meant to send it to the other kid but they adressed it to me and send it to my house, instead of writing it to him and sending it there.
Old 18-02-2011, 07:59 PM   #80
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:

That was from an impact of just below 100km/h when I t-boned one of those older late 80s early 90s Holden Rodeo's a few hours ago, we're both lucky we're alive, he was on the emergency lane and wanted to reverse back to help his friend who he had seen broken down, he wanted to reverse onto the grass a bit more but turned the steering wheel the wrong way and accidentally reversed really quickly across the freeway and into
Reversing on a freeway is an offence worldwide, one of my pet hates along with crazies who do U turns.

http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/...owtopic=425650

Glad your okay!

Q. Krautland ingrains folk to switch on hazards after auto crashes, were you in frame of mind to do the same instinctively? Just curious.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf

Last edited by Keepleft; 18-02-2011 at 08:11 PM.
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2011, 09:46 PM   #81
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
Reversing on a freeway is an offence worldwide, one of my pet hates along with crazies who do U turns.

http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/...owtopic=425650

Glad your okay!

Q. Krautland ingrains folk to switch on hazards after auto crashes, were you in frame of mind to do the same instinctively? Just curious.
Unfortunately I didn't as we where looking at our cars and seeing if one another was OK, then after about 2 minutes we pushed my car off the road, that was when about the cops showed up and turned on their beacons.
Old 20-02-2011, 03:25 AM   #82
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Apparently the insurance company is going to replace my car with a new one, but I was ringing them up all day yesterday and all they said they could do was email the person who deals with buying new cars, my salesman has me another MKI lined up for the same price he sold me my last one, in the same colour and manual. I told AAMI multiple times to deal with my salesman as he already has me hooked up with another car, I gave my claim details to him but they never spoke to him.

I put a deposit down on it today to secure it, to hell with AAMI. Funny, they where in such a hurry for me to sign over registration of my car to them, so they could auction it. Ringing me up all the time, sending the forms by express post, now they're being slow when it comes to dishing out $$$.

I also cleared up the letter they sent me about me claiming damages against myself, they meant to send it to the other kid but they adressed it to me and send it to my house, instead of writing it to him and sending it there.
yes it would seem they are`nt in hurry to hand out the dollars, my young brother made a claim against them , it was an open and shut case in my brothers favour, its been quite a while and he`s still waiting for payment, i suspect the way they look at it , the longer the money is in their bank they are getting interest on it, hopefully they won`t stuff you around too much longer.
Old 20-02-2011, 12:49 PM   #83
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Just stumbled across this thread. All I can say is I'm glad you're here telling the tale.

As for the other driver. It's great he is alive as well.

It's typical of the bloody coffers though. This poor bloke admits making a mistake, which we all do, and he gets a double whammy. A fine from the wallopers, as well as a hit from the insurance company.

Before I cop a roasting about those comments, even the OP agrees the other drivers shouldn't be charged. Personally I reckon the other driver should pay the fees to the OP is enduring getting the replacement car and call it quits. Saves a little financial burdon that the OP is going through.

Anyways, good luck to the OP getting through all the bull associated with the insurance company and it is glad top read you're hear to tell the tale.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2011, 02:32 PM   #84
WMD351
Size it up

Svo I doubt the other driver will just get a fine, I would think he's going to go for careless/reckless or possibly even dangerous driving.
Personally I'm really in two minds about it.
On the one hand, the Rodeo driver is so incompetent and/or stupid that his actions very nearly caused the loss of life and/or serious injury. He deserves a big smack.
On the other hand, he got T boned at 100kmph and I'm sure that's taught him a lesson he won't soon forget. I'm pretty sure the Rodeo driver will modify his behavior after this and I don't see how having to stand in front of a judge and be fined/sentenced is going to come close to achieving anything positive.
What's the purpose of smacking? It's supposed to be about changing/modifying behavior. If this guys behavior has already been corrected then punishing him further strikes me as being simply vindictive and sadistic.
We all make mistakes, that's why pencils have erasers.
WMD351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2011, 03:02 PM   #85
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its not really up to us as individuals wether or not the rodeo driver gets fined or perhaps anything else
There are laws that need to be implimentented wether right or wrong
IF for some strange reason there was a death resulted from this wombat backing onto a roadway
He would no doubt be getting a free holiday in her majesties palace for what,
Manslaughter,reckless drivin causing death ???
If the rodeo driver has no insurance as such,guess who will cop the bill for the damage to the OPs car ???
Wont be the tooth fairy thats for sure
But if he is like most others nowadays,he will go for bankruptcy and let everyone else share the bill
Old 20-02-2011, 03:12 PM   #86
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaniSS
Reversing. I've seen many people do it. Especially when reversing with a trailer would be more common.

Tuned by Hallam Performance
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2011, 07:30 PM   #87
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

In all fairness, if the Rodeo driver had of died (not that I'd wish it on anyone), there is no way he'd be fined. (Either on the spot or via his/her honor).
So I'm really looking upon it that his punishment was the scare he got.

Anyways, back to the thread proper

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2011, 05:59 PM   #88
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Small cars aren't safe....

I got a court summons in the mail today, saying that the other guy has pleaded guilty and that I don't have to attend, but I can write a letter for compensation if I want to, would I be able to get my insurance premium covered by this? I paid it a few weeks before the accident happened, which cost me around $2200, then my car was totalled so they didn't have to refund me the unused part of my premium.

Would I be able to claim that or just not bother?
Old 15-11-2011, 06:11 PM   #89
mac_man_luke
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If your not at fault you should get your premiums back as you didnt make a claim with your insurance company
Old 15-11-2011, 06:12 PM   #90
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_man_luke
If your not at fault you should get your premiums back as you didnt make a claim with your insurance company
It wasn't my fault and they don't have to refund me the premium because the car was a total write-off, its in their PDS unfortunately.