Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-11-2006, 11:25 AM   #61
gozza

I once saw an ef/el green falcon/fairmont on the M1 in Bris who had just pulled over a motorists....i thought i was seeing things but the el was behind the pulled over motorist and the cop was walking back to it

weird
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 11:37 AM   #62
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Grum wrote - That silver XR8 with orange stripes was parked in the bushes (yes in the bushes!) in the middle of the m5 last night. About 2km before the first Ctown exit. He pulled out just behind me and took off at about 120 until the exit.
Say hello to 'Spooky' and his friends.

Quote:
I think you will find it is common practice for LAC to swap their unmarked cars between each other when they become a bit familiar in the area. I’ve seen quite a few different types around my area. The biggest surprise was the Suby outback, with lights, antenna, computer and uniformed driver I saw on the Harbour Bridge a little while back. The commander down at manly also has a done up but unmarked commy wagon.
They don't 'swap' per se but available HWP resources are sent into other locales. Example, that Silver XR you spotted will do work sometimes up at Newcastle foreshore, OR even up on the North Coast for a few days.

And so it goes.

That said, we *must* DIVORCE our Traffic Branch here in NSW from LAC control, completely away from general duties policing, except for emergency backup.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 11:42 AM   #63
PSI-54L
???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
Win what?? Don't drive like a tool and you won't come under notice.

Yes, IF the officer is a P plater.

In any case, IF you can show me the legislation that prohibits them from wearing a P plate when they are not P plate license holders, then we might have complaint. The same legislation will apply to you too.

Then don't take the blindingly obvious 'bait', be a man and continue driving normally. I remind, the new graduate licensing systems being implemented *will* target the reactionary character traits.

NB - Those of you in the habit of driving around with front fog lights on full-time will notice more attention being paid for this offence. My local pulled up two offenders within 20 minutes yesterday:-)

I refuse to bite back at this cause you simply have taken this the wrong way!

We build beautiful cars and we are harrassed for driving them. Im not in the habit of driving like a tool but am still simply harrassed for the car i drive.
I was simply stating it is in unfair that they are stooping to a new low and playing games waiting for drivers the make the slightest mistake and turning it into something big.

I was under the impression that it was illegal to display P plates when you hold a full licence... i could be wrong too that was just my understanding.
I was also under the impression that the requirement for the highway patrol was to have a full licence.... could be wrong again though.

Im not in the habit of driving with my fog lights on, they are actually disconnected.

Im not here to start a war, i was simply putting my 2cents worth into a hot topic that affects all of us car enthusiasts.

Cheers,
Chad
PSI-54L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 11:54 AM   #64
james22
With da Warlords

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADSF6
This happened to me in Wollongong. I own a Bionic Typhoon with drak agents rims, he (officer in white XR8 with black GT strips) pulled up beside me, foot on brake, reving car, and as soon as the light went green, off he went like a ********. Why shouldn't he loose his licence for that.

This happens to me everyday because of the car I drive, and I do ignore it and get on with life, doesn;t excuse the performance of the police officers.

Much like our Members of Parliment, think they are above the law......
\
what you should do is, take the number plate and make a complaint at the police station about reckless driving behaviour. When they look up the plates and realise its a cop car (ooppps) :

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

XR50T Ute - 300rwkw (give or take depending on the day)
james22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 11:55 AM   #65
Sapper
Back to the AU

Very true ETA-60L, when my dad ifrst drove my car, he got 100m down the road when a cops pulled across 3 lanes to tailgate him for a few k's. And my car has the factory exterior and noise levels.

For everyone's information, if cops want to wear P plates, they can wear P plates.
Its alright, while they're pulling you over for a having wheels 1" too big, someone's getting the crap beaten' out of them down the road. But as long as they're following Mr Iemma's instructions and getting 'hoons' off the road its all good. Lets hope the libs win the next election and put road rules back in proper perspective.

To keep on topic, the Bionic unmarked Northern Beaches car has a sister in silver, both with the orange stripes.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:22 PM   #66
Grum
Bringing the Spartan back

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

[QUOTE=Keepleft]Say hello to 'Spooky' and his friends.QUOTE]

I think spooky was hungry, he looked like he was racing to krispy kreams!

Keepleft; are you a cop? Or just a sympathizer? Can you really tell me what the point is of sitting in the middle of a major motorway? Surely its not the safest place to have a vehicle and I think he would be better serving us if he actually “patrolled” the motorway.
It reminds me of a conversation a friend had with a HPO when he was pulled over:
HPO: Don’t you think it is a bit stupid driving along at 140km/h in a 100km/h zone?
Driver: Not a stupid as standing on the side of the road with a hairdryer whilst people drive past at 140km/h sir!

Ps where do I put my safety triangle in the ute? I have no boot!!!

East Coast Suspensions
Road - Race - Performance & Prestige Car Service

BOSS 5.4L Silicon hose kits for sale
BA/BF FPV parts for sale

The only negative thing in your life should be camber

Blue Power Racing Enhanced
Chris & Craig - Thanks!
Grum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 12:30 PM   #67
james22
With da Warlords

[QUOTE=Grum]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
Say hello to 'Spooky' and his friends.QUOTE]

HPO: Don’t you think it is a bit stupid driving along at 140km/h in a 100km/h zone?
Driver: Not a stupid as standing on the side of the road with a hairdryer whilst people drive past at 140km/h sir!

Ps where do I put my safety triangle in the ute? I have no boot!!!
hahaha lol, i bet he was impressed

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

XR50T Ute - 300rwkw (give or take depending on the day)
james22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 12:44 PM   #68
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETA-60L
I refuse to bite back at this cause you simply have taken this the wrong way!

We build beautiful cars and we are harrassed for driving them. Im not in the habit of driving like a tool but am still simply harrassed for the car i drive.
I was simply stating it is in unfair that they are stooping to a new low and playing games waiting for drivers the make the slightest mistake and turning it into something big.

I was under the impression that it was illegal to display P plates when you hold a full licence... i could be wrong too that was just my understanding.
I was also under the impression that the requirement for the highway patrol was to have a full licence.... could be wrong again though.

Im not in the habit of driving with my fog lights on, they are actually disconnected.

Im not here to start a war, i was simply putting my 2cents worth into a hot topic that affects all of us car enthusiasts.

Cheers,
Chad
hey dude ware abouts in camden do youy live...i live in Werombi....what do you drive....

have you seen the Honda Oddessy Patrol Car.....sneaky little buggers lol..

when ever i am speeding i always look out for cop cars. i look for newish falcons and commodores and whenever passing a new falcon i always look on the dash for the lights....if one pulls up behind me i wont speed until they either pass me or i get a GOOD look at the driver and dash to make sure they arenot a cop.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 12:55 PM   #69
Sapper
Back to the AU

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
hey dude ware abouts in camden do youy live...i live in Werombi....what do you drive....

when ever i am speeding i always look out for cop cars. i look for newish falcons and commodores and whenever passing a new falcon i always look on the dash for the lights....if one pulls up behind me i wont speed until they either pass me or i get a GOOD look at the driver and dash to make sure they arenot a cop.
Some highway cops go on patrol in plain clothes. I've seen people pulled over by them. They tend to drive around in mangas/380's though.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:55 PM   #70
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT290
Well there are those that get caught and there are those that don't. Just because you don't get caught don't make it right and when you think about it most people at some time or other have spead, run a light or failed to give way but have just got away with it. I do agree with you though. but I just think about the ones with the cars that are not road worthy and the ones that get away with it. They contribute to the bad results on the road too
my lovely missus got caught on radar speeding in august 28kms over the limit we got the fine in the mail end of october . because the cars in both our names , my name was on the fine . my darling wife instead of reading the ticket notice about nominating who was driving , just went and paid the fine and bingo . a nice little 3 points deduction on MY FARQUING LICENCE .
great . that makes 2 accidents and a speeding ticket in 2 years , the insurance companies ganna love me when i go to update my insurance details on the GT. THANKS DARLING
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 01:09 PM   #71
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My mate drives a Honda Accord in plain clothes, with the disco lights on the dash. This is in ACT.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 01:18 PM   #72
PSI-54L
???

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn

I live in Bridgewater.
I drive a White BA XR8 looks like cop car actually.

Yeh i have seen that Honda, i have also seen a blue Nissan Tida police car.

What use that would be buggers me ??? By the time you put 2 officers ,computers , radios , and all the gear in the boot the thing wouldnt move!!!

As stated in a few other posts you can no longer confidently pick police cars anymore so its probably a wiser idea not to speed!!!

Cheers,
Chad
CVO Breakout
PSI-54L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 01:20 PM   #73
eldreamin

Up here on the central coast, the blue marked "rbt" has already been mentioned. There is also a red marked xr6t with "hwp" plates as well. Seen it a few times.

There is a red ss commodore as well, dark tint, exhaust, lowered and wheels running around. Now for the other unmarked ones, a couple of different colour xr6t's and a couple of xr8's. Cant really remember what colours each different one was though.

The strangest one I have seen though is a silver stock bf falcon with xr6t running gear.the only things that gave it away was the front mount on it, slightly larger aftermarket wheels, dark tint, and the red and blues on the dash. I spotted it on the old pacific highway about 3 weeks ago. The only reason I noticed the front mount and the lights was cause it was driving into the sun. If I had been in one of the dark sections I wouldnt have even noticed.

They are definately getting sneaky with their cars now. Although as has been said, dont do anything wrong and you have nothing to worry about.
eldreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 01:24 PM   #74
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETA-60L
I live in Bridgewater.
I drive a White BA XR8 looks like cop car actually.

Yeh i have seen that Honda, i have also seen a blue Nissan Tida police car.

What use that would be buggers me ??? By the time you put 2 officers ,computers , radios , and all the gear in the boot the thing wouldnt move!!!

As stated in a few other posts you can no longer confidently pick police cars anymore so its probably a wiser idea not to speed!!!

Cheers,
Chad
lol probably an idea hehe........but there dont seem to be too many cops around narrellan and camden and Werombi...though there is this cop that sits around the corner of this road that TRIES to hide in some ones drive way....
i give him a POLITE wave. (there are some hoons that live near me) and keep driving....

(he waves back btw)

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2006, 05:31 AM   #75
ThoR_
Holdens Fall Apart!

Here in Perth they only thing they have thats fancy is SV6 Crummydores. They have VY V8`s but there stock and only run a 14.5
Old 11-11-2006, 09:57 AM   #76
Nappa
Impressive...

if your in victoria and in the eastern suburbs be on the look out for a
Ego BF XR8 with the 17" Alloys and not the standard 18" and an Ego
XR6 Turbo. We delivered them to the cops about 2 months ago.
Old 11-11-2006, 02:52 PM   #77
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

We have a white BF XR8 with blue stripes and an exhaust here
Old 11-11-2006, 09:42 PM   #78
JL
Ford Focus RS & FG F6

Exclamation

Spotted today, on Woodville Road & Henry Lawson Drive white BF XR8 with dark tinted windows. Unmarked, with fat antenna on rear leftside... Very sneaky as well, pulled out of the bushes as I was going past.

Centernary of federation plates as well. VIP-213 look out for it
JL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post