Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-12-2009, 09:10 AM   #61
GT290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We don't have enough tax payers in the country which is why they want indians and chinese and any other silly bugger that wants to live here move in.
Look at the sixze of the UK and its population compared to here. The one thing I think is they should stop the big companies in this country from paying F all tax, might help a bit.

I don't know anymore, its ad that this country has become a capitalist, finger pointing dobbing bunch of people who once stood proud of who they were and what they fought for.
Old 24-12-2009, 09:20 AM   #62
GT290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

By joves their old chap. I think your onto somthing here, hehe Dead right mate. and in my experiance of the last 20 years driving all over this big country in a car or 4x4 its the driving faster that keeps the brain more active. Now having said that I do still stop every two hours and I was responsible enough to drive to conditions
I am 45 now and when I drive long hauls at the speed limit I am sleepy pretty much within a couple of hours but if I can sneak some speeding into the trip here and there it places a bit of interest and alertness into the job of driving. I have micro slept many times and its only when I do the 100 k limit. I will either pull over or speed up at the first hint of it but its hard driving long ways.

You would wonder how truckies do it but a truck is not a car that is quiet and smooth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjase
Its not speed its fatigue that kills - in most head on accidents on highways are caused because of either fatigue or someone taking their eyes off of the road veering onto the wrong side of the road hence causing a head on.

For a number of years they have been pushing fatigue as one of the biggest factors - how do speed cameras have anything to do with this? if you really think speed camera's is about saving lives you are fooling yourself. Why is there 2 speed cameras on the M4 in Sydney where there has never been an accident or at least as long as I can remember. Drove to Melbourne the other day - they now have speed camera's everywhere without and notices of their existence. Speed camera's is all about money raising for the government - thats it - where does the money go? not on the roads thats for sure.
Old 24-12-2009, 09:48 AM   #63
YOOT
Banned

Some of you must think we are stupid, but no one on hear actually has said that speed is the cause of deaths. They do cause accidents, but its not the major contributor. (Intersections are)

However, all the winging is about us and everyone else having to pay a fine or two because you got done doing 65 in a 60 zone. Well suck it. Rules are rules. If the law says you have to walk around holing your crotch and you get fined for not doing it, thats your problem. If you don't like the rules here, go move to another country. Oh thats right, you won't because that cost MORE money than what you'll ever pay in speeding fines.

Get a grip people, its just a tax, one that targets people who are asleep behind the wheel. Don't speed and your fine, open your eyes and your fine.

Stop being so scared on having to spend money, if they didn't use this as a source of revenue you can bet it would just come from another source. (Increasing REGO 17% maybe...)
YOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2009, 10:00 AM   #64
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

YOOT, do you even think before you post?

you contradict everything you say, 'dont speed' next sentance 'I pay it just as a tax becuase its cheeper than the overall cost of a car'

IM NOT COMPLAINING BECUASE I GOT DONE!! how HARD is that to understand? what I am saying and rightly so is that it WONT save lifes.

What moron just likes to give away their hard earnt becuase its just another tax? id accept it more if they said that 1/3 of your wage was just pure revenue for the government coffers.

Your entire arguement has turned from 'it saves lives' to just give your money to the goverment because they deserve it... I think you need help.

your avatar says it all... not just a turbo , just purely a .

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2009, 10:09 AM   #65
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

Quote:
Your just affraid of having your fun spoilt because they are cracking down on people like yourself. They end is near.
Quote:
More money to the government I say, at least the dipshits who can't drive will be funding it. I can live with the occasional speeding fine by mistake, cost nothing compared to owning a car in the first place. I spend $3000 on fuel a year for cryiung out loud. Whats a fine or two...
sounds like the end is near for you then hey?

Quote:
If you have a problem with that then maybe your motivations are not road safety and road funding but personal responsibility. You wouldn't be so fired up if you weren't a cronic hoon driving a V8 owner. If your peronal priorities laid in cars getting you from A to B you wouldn't even notice the speed camera or have to deal with them.
www.priusownersclubaus.com.au perhaps is better suited to your sheepish ways ;) however in spanish the translation is more like www.iswolloweverythinggovtellsmeto.com.au... take your pick.

Old 24-12-2009, 10:22 AM   #66
GT290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh you sad person you, so its you that passes someone on the road with out breaking the speed limit and taking for ever and probably endanouring others,
Mate I won't hold my crutch because the law says so, I won't obey the speed limit when over taking I will do it as quickly as possible when it is safe to do so.
Come on man, you!! get a grip. If you are happy with the way its going, haha you must be a politition, so yes we do think your stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOOT
Some of you must think we are stupid, but no one on hear actually has said that speed is the cause of deaths. They do cause accidents, but its not the major contributor. (Intersections are)

However, all the winging is about us and everyone else having to pay a fine or two because you got done doing 65 in a 60 zone. Well suck it. Rules are rules. If the law says you have to walk around holing your crotch and you get fined for not doing it, thats your problem. If you don't like the rules here, go move to another country. Oh thats right, you won't because that cost MORE money than what you'll ever pay in speeding fines.

Get a grip people, its just a tax, one that targets people who are asleep behind the wheel. Don't speed and your fine, open your eyes and your fine.

Stop being so scared on having to spend money, if they didn't use this as a source of revenue you can bet it would just come from another source. (Increasing REGO 17% maybe...)
Old 24-12-2009, 10:45 AM   #67
YOOT
Banned

Honestly all of you, in about five days time this thread will will have gone quite. In five weeks you'll be bitching about the next road rule change that you should have been obeying since you got your license and in five months you will have forgoten about speed cameras al together.

Get a grip, there is a world out there to be enjoyed, don't get hung up on some words on an internet forum and carry one like I'm the wierd one. Relax. Like everything you will all get over it, and the cameras will still be there waiting for you to slip up.

The sky is not falling in you bunch of pussies.
Old 24-12-2009, 10:55 AM   #68
YOOT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
sounds like the end is near for you then hey?

www.priusownersclubaus.com.au perhaps is better suited to your sheepish ways ;) however in spanish the translation is more like www.iswolloweverythinggovtellsmeto.com.au... take your pick.
How old are you? I mean really. You don't have to agree with me (or the government for that matter) but resorting to childish insults is just cementing your character further as one of those dopes who need to get fined repeatedly just to ssip you off, who cares weather you live or not. Just don't kill someone else who wasn't asking for it in the mean time.
Old 24-12-2009, 11:02 AM   #69
GT290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If only that was the case but unfortunatly its the attitude you seem to display that has landed this country on the path it is taking.
Seriously its like the cameras in melbournes Box hill area and all the people steped onto parliment and said enough is enough. There is too much of lay down like a mongrel dog and take it in this country. The Aussie public (like you) have become brain washed.
Honestly, what makes you think it will be forgotten? its just beginning as far as I am concerned.
Its not just a few words on the net, its in the papers, its on the tele, its in your bloody face every day you travel on the roads. The problem is escalating and the public will soon say enough is enough.

You made me laugh when you said that if you don't like it go to another country, well a lot of peopl are doing just that and this country is fast becomming very unpopular to live.

Quote:
Honestly all of you, in about five days time this thread will will have gone quite. In five weeks you'll be bitching about the next road rule change that you should have been obeying since you got your license and in five months you will have forgoten about speed cameras al together.

Get a grip, there is a world out there to be enjoyed, don't get hung up on some words on an internet forum and carry one like I'm the wierd one. Relax. Like everything you will all get over it, and the cameras will still be there waiting for you to slip up.

Old 24-12-2009, 11:09 AM   #70
YOOT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT290
You made me laugh when you said that if you don't like it go to another country, well a lot of peopl are doing just that and this country is fast becomming very unpopular to live.
You'll make laugh if you actually were proactive enough to do that. or you could just obey the laws and calm down. What ever is easier.
Old 24-12-2009, 11:12 AM   #71
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

Quote:

Still not quite grasped the argument yet has he!!!

Not once has anyone complained about paying a fine. Not once has anyone whinged about being caught speeding. The point is that the government sees fit to tell you something that is clearly wrong and you are more than happy to sit back and lap it up. Nothing will ever change if people do not have an opinion. If only they were willing to listen to alternative thinking. You are very welcome to your opinion as well, but just make sure you have grasped the details of subject. Also you may not have noticed yet but Rego was just increased, by 20%!!!! If they openly said "look we may have overspent a bit, and we need to tax you some more" at least they would being honest and down the line with the people of this QLD. OF course nobody would be happy about it, but aleast Mr motorist is copping all the flak.

Quote:
Don't speed and your fine, open your eyes and your fine.
Man i would to love in that lala land. What happens when the semi slams into you because he is speeding and asleep. Driving around like a saint does not mean you will be fine. By the same idiotic logic, in a crash at 99 you will be fine, in the same crash doing 101 you will be quite dead. If everyone drove around like a saint we might be on to something. But guess what, that would involve some money spent on driver education and not on hiding cameras in bushes.
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

rancidpunx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2009, 11:15 AM   #72
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

Quote:
How old are you? I mean really. You don't have to agree with me (or the government for that matter) but resorting to childish insults is just cementing your character further as one of those dopes who need to get fined repeatedly just to ssip you off, who cares weather you live or not. Just don't kill someone else who wasn't asking for it in the mean time.
so nice of you to take a personal interest in my age... Im to young for you anyways sorry ;)

I stand by comments, if you want an A - B car why bother with a forrester let alone the only car in the subaru line up with any character, buy a prius get a job with 'blight' *spelling was implied* and preach to the world how you will save them with camera's so far up their behind that it will be illegal to wipe with anything but paper that is government endorced so as not to give yourself a papercut...

If you dont want to make the roads safer... thats fine I understand that all you want to do is dig a bigger hole on the interwebz and make your self look stupid, I have written to ministers, I have spoken to a spokesperson from RACQ motoring organisation, they are making a noise and looking at ways to lobby for a change.. trust me when I say IT WONT GO AWAY ;)

Old 24-12-2009, 11:27 AM   #73
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

Quote:

the problem with free speach, your entilted to your oppinion no matter how wrong it is :

give it 5 years of your thinking though and we wont even have that privilage ;) just a thought.

Old 24-12-2009, 11:30 AM   #74
GT290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry but I thought this debate was going some where constructive, but you ruined it.

For the record, I will stay and fight for as long as I can

Just to sum up what evryone has been trying to say to the likes of your self,
Cameras in suburban streets is crap, why not a speed hump like every where esl but oh, its another cash cow lets do this instead.
I see this as a no fix and still allowing people to get caught speeding in the streets while still having the opetunity to kill some ones child.
So how fecking stupid do you think people are. you wake up!! can,t believe I still replying to you

I will not be talking to you any more.

Quote:
You'll make laugh if you actually were proactive enough to do that. or you could just obey the laws and calm down. What ever is easier.
Old 25-12-2009, 11:36 AM   #75
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

or just implement speed bumps and roundabouts.......

Quote:
Motorists will need to consider whether the vehicle or motorcycle they are speeding past is an unmarked police vehicle or if the vehicle parked in their suburban street is fitted with a speed camera
that and whether mum in her people mover cant see me coming down the street and pulls out anyway, or little johnny is going to run across the street to get his soccer ball, or if the car coming the other way is going to go around the illegally parked car instead of giving way, or the car that thinks the middle of the road is their lane............

WHY create more variables when you could make a solution?

i dont know if that "unmarked" car in my street would go down well.......... BT50 + snatch strap .....

UNR8D love the comment about anna bligh

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2009, 10:31 PM   #76
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...19-952,00.html

Clearly if we all slow down we wont die.. yea because having knowledge and skill doesn't allow you to have a better outcome when everything goes pear shaped...

Old 30-12-2009, 12:00 AM   #77
SLO AU XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...19-952,00.html

Clearly if we all slow down we wont die.. yea because having knowledge and skill doesn't allow you to have a better outcome when everything goes pear shaped...
O SNAP! A death without speeding! How can the government cover this up now?
Forced Performance Tuned
SLO AU XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2009, 12:02 AM   #78
SLO AU XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.news.com.au
A TEENAGER died when a car travelling below the speed limit skidded as its young driver tried to stop in the wet - and was T-boned as it slid through an intersection.

Police said the 17-year-old man who was killed was a passenger in a Mazda 323 when it and another car collided about 9.35 last night.

A spokeswoman said the car was travelling under the speed limit towards the intersection of Iindah and Teddington Rd when the brakes locked in the wet conditions.

The car the slid through the intersection, and was hit side on by a ute driving through the intersection.

The man and the 17-year-old female driver were both taken to Maryborough Hospital, where he died a short time later.

The driver of the Toyota ute, also 17, suffered very minor injuries in the accident.

The accident brings Queensland holiday road toll to seven
As per link in UNR8D's post
Forced Performance Tuned
SLO AU XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2009, 12:06 AM   #79
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

think the writer was a noob either that or the editor of the CM was on holidays....

Old 30-12-2009, 12:10 AM   #80
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Quote:
think the writer was a noob either that or the editor of the CM was on holidays....
x2. Very unusual for the CM to print this sort of story....
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2009, 04:07 AM   #81
GT290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We can argue till the cows come home or we go blue in the face holding our crutch but we will never come to a conclusion that we all agree to as to wether speed kills or not, that my friends is a matter for the statstical nerds to come up with. The simple fact of the matter is there is a government cash grab being displayed now in our suburban back streets and the government says its to stop speedsters and save a life or two. We all know this is and that a simple addition of speed humps and roundabouts would solve it.
So the questions are, (while we all sit on these web sites beating our chests) What can we can we do about it? Who wants to do something about it? and how are we going to do it?
Its simple really, why not start the ball rolling by patitioning against the governments agenda.
Old 30-12-2009, 10:05 AM   #82
YOOT
Banned

Some of you are such hot heads. Sorry I haven't replied, I did actually forget about this thread....

While I have been away I see the usual lot took an oportunity to have a unconstructive dig at my comments, well now its my turn:

rancidpunx
GT290
Ryan (UNR8D)

What have you three done then about this issue of speed cameras?? Have you started a club? Apart from carrying on like 15 years olds (which I know you are NOT!) what input have you actually made. Because based on the rubbish you have contributed to this thread, the only thing that is clear is that you are deathly affraid of copping a fine or two!! that is the underlying concern of your rampaging BS! Not one of you gives a flying at a rolling donut about anybodies lives. NONE of your comments are directed at your concern for other peoples well being, or your own. Speed cameras may not be the answer but it will surely get you to slow dow when you see one.

Stop being selfish, calm down, and focus on the topic. Speed cameras are coming in force to target people like you and me. You don't seem to be doing anything to stop them, and personaly the effort required just to make the government listen, would far outweigh the cost of getting caught.

Either way, if your caught, you were doing the wrong thing, whether or not you can prove you were driving safe of not. Thats is the topic here, end of discussion.
Old 30-12-2009, 10:07 AM   #83
YOOT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT290
So the questions are, (while we all sit on these web sites beating our chests) What can we can we do about it? Who wants to do something about it? and how are we going to do it?
Its simple really, why not start the ball rolling by patitioning against the governments agenda.
Didn't read your last line before I posted above.
Old 30-12-2009, 10:47 AM   #84
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

I stand by my opinion. I drive a bright blue turbo ute, i still have all my points, and have never been pulled over for any traffic offences.
Speed does not kill, but the government says it does and as such will use it as an excuse to impede on the population freedom that little bit more. Just reading the "road rules" thread here has made it clear a lot of people have no idea what they are doing out whilst driving, and this is coming from car enthusiasts. Think about all those people who have no interest in driving and only as a method of A-B. My interest in saving lives extends to myself driving sensibly and smoothly for the conditions. I have also emailed the transport dept with my concerns. As yet all of them have gone unanswered. This has nothing to do with speed cameras, infact if you read through my posts you will see i am for them when used correctly. (Hidden is not a correct use and WILL NOT slow people down) i am not scared of a fine either. I have not had any to date, and thats not through luck or anything like that, but more to do with the fact i generally dont speed. But as i have stated before my concern is how long before other measures are bought forward "in the interest of saving lives" to impede on my freedom. I enjoy driving, its not a method of transport for me, but a hobby. I enjoy the other aspects of cars. Looking at them, taking them apart. But alot of that can be taken away "in the interest of saving lives".
Let me put it this way, How would anyone like to have cameras in their homes, just incase you change an electrical socket without a qualified sparky, maybe you like to a have a abit of a smoke, theres a few people out there who like to beat their wives and kids. The same logic applys that the government is trying to save lives and this is the way to go about it. Extreme i know but its the point im trying to make. I fed up with being told things are for my own good and living in a world obsessed with health and safety.
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

rancidpunx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2009, 12:53 PM   #85
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

Quote:
if they were SERIOUS about saving lives they would fund a better licance system, and do a mandatory retrain every 10-15 years and every 5 after you are 70
Quote:
Back on topic, I suggest you read my previous posts in regards to being SERIOUS about the road toll, I have not just had a go at the tactic's used or the lunitic of a state leader, but I have put forward a suggestion about how to reduce the road toll, something that SHOULD have been on the table years ago, but as always its easier to fine the **** out of everyone and not deal with it.
Quote:
IF they were serious we would have mandatory driver training, I mean we have SEX ed and DRUG ed... why not the one thing that everyone does?... why not the thing that is supposedly killing us all *yes I am being sarcastic*, why not make you take your license test every 5/7 years to keep up to date with road rules and not form life long bad habits, and then every 2 years after 70 when your reactions slow down?... you see it COSTS money to save lives, but when sheep like yourself swallow the fact that putting a camera up everyone's behind is going to solve the problem you do more swallowing than a street whore... both you and YOOT.
Quote:
If you dont want to make the roads safer... thats fine I understand that all you want to do is dig a bigger hole on the interwebz and make your self look stupid, I have written to ministers, I have spoken to a spokesperson from RACQ motoring organisation, they are making a noise and looking at ways to lobby for a change.. trust me when I say IT WONT GO AWAY
talking of 15yo's YOOT, did you not finish highschool or just cant read english?.. dont put this onto me this is your humiliation.

Old 30-12-2009, 11:51 PM   #86
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i`m not a big advocate for camera`s ........ but if slows down some of the ratbags i don`t mind them , i would love some camera`s around our neighborhood ,not for the driver who drifts over the limit by 5 or 10 k`s but for the one driveing at dangerouse speed, its sorta strange the main road nearest me has been the road that more drivers give their car or bike a squirt on for bloody years and years, although not many accidents occur on it these days, on the odd occasion a general duties will travel down here or we`ll get the odd booze bus maybe monthly or 2 monthly, but not often , i hear 160(in an 80 zone) kph speeds at least a couple of times a week, strangely in that 2/3 k stretch there`s no camera`s except at the main intersections at each end.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2010, 09:27 PM   #87
durtyharry

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancidpunx

I am all for speed cameras in black spot, hell put them up everywhere. But dont be sneaky about it. Dont fine people who flash their lights, they are only helping slow people down, which is what they want...... Isnt it?????.
Surely only enforcing speed limits in areas where previous fatalities have occurred is reactive rather than proactive. Not all fatalities or collisions occur in known black spots.
If people believe a speed camera could be anywhere, wouldnt that make them more likely to drive within speed limit all the time, rather than create a new black spot?

Flashing your lights is helping people slow down? disagree, allowing them to get booked/fined and perhaps get their licence cancelled will have a bigger effect on their long term behaviour.

Road toll in Vic is the lowest since records began in 1952, vehicle traffic has increased ~10 fold since then, safer cars, maybe, but perhaps the change can also be attributed to law enforcement on speed and alcohol.
durtyharry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2010, 11:11 PM   #88
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by durtyharry
Surely only enforcing speed limits in areas where previous fatalities have occurred is reactive rather than proactive. Not all fatalities or collisions occur in known black spots.
If people believe a speed camera could be anywhere, wouldnt that make them more likely to drive within speed limit all the time, rather than create a new black spot?

Flashing your lights is helping people slow down? disagree, allowing them to get booked/fined and perhaps get their licence cancelled will have a bigger effect on their long term behaviour.

Road toll in Vic is the lowest since records began in 1952, vehicle traffic has increased ~10 fold since then, safer cars, maybe, but perhaps the change can also be attributed to law enforcement on speed and alcohol.
Has anyone else noticed that we seem to be getting random visits from new members who all seem to push the "we know about road safety" "speed cameras are good for you" "your government is wise and wonderful and you must OBEY" barrows and do not contribute in any other way?

I wonder if they are really Ford enthusiasts rather than simple minded do gooder idiots on a quest for power like Harold Scruby or insignificant party hacks or failed academics on missionary assignments......
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2010, 12:58 AM   #89
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Has anyone else noticed that we seem to be getting random visits from new members who all seem to push the "we know about road safety" "speed cameras are good for you" "your government is wise and wonderful and you must OBEY" barrows and do not contribute in any other way?

I wonder if they are really Ford enthusiasts rather than simple minded do gooder idiots on a quest for power like Harold Scruby or insignificant party hacks or failed academics on missionary assignments......
some say they are trolls... all we know is... they are mindless drones. :

Old 02-01-2010, 01:12 AM   #90
Chopped
as in chopped

It's penny pinching but it is voluntary for the contributors.

I live in a suburb with lot's of Asians (mainly Vietnamese) and it is impossible to speed if you follow them.