Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-03-2015, 11:48 PM   #61
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

Default Re: Bridal Party Burnouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elks View Post
Now whilst I think burnouts are dumb, and prove nothing. Let's face it anything with 200hp can do a burnout. One thing confuses me greatly.

Now for some unpopular statistics. We have had 70 people killed on Victorian Roads this year, and hundreds more injured. Of these how many were actually burning rubber.

I get the risks. I'm particularly unhappy about seeing the kid standing beside the road, but it's about time some reality got back into the road saftey debate.
Here's one example from last year (quick goggles search pulled this up - I'm not even trying):
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law...-1226807443389

There's also the property damage problem with this, if they do lose control, and don't hurt anyone, but still damage property.

I know what you're saying, however, the risk consequences are seriously high in a suburban area. Lose control of your car doing a donut and crash into somebody else's house? Lives and property lost and injured. Etc etc etc. There is a time and a place, and the more we make acceptable, the more people push boundaries (hence why we've gone in a matter of years from doing this in industrial estates to doing it in built up areas). I could tell you many a story of my uncles getting up to **** that could have killed them, but they kept it away from others - and that's the important part.

Agree, we need to get some reality back into the road safety debate, but it's important in this case to not just focus in on how it's safe/unsafe, but also how it effects the people around us. Basic consideration goes a long way, hence why I don't play my music overly loud except on odd occasions, why I tell visitors to not be knob ends and rev the hell out of their cars outside of my house, and why anyone that comes to my place and does a burnout in my street gets permabanned from visiting. I have neighbours, I rent, I don't want to **** them off.

To be perfectly honest, if someone is allowed to do a burnout two doors down from us (a t intersection with a court), that results in me having to wait to leave my street, my cat is allowed to go **** on their front lawn. I can guarantee most people here would be ropable if their neighbours cat did that. But ultimately: they're being a nuisance to me, so I can be a nuisance to them.

It's possible the group in this video notified the street (they claim to have had council approval - lol), but it's also probable they didn't. And if they didn't, I'd be a pretty ****ed off neighbour lady.
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2015, 12:18 AM   #62
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Now whilst I think burnouts are dumb, and prove nothing. Let's face it anything with 200hp can do a burnout. One thing confuses me greatly.

Now for some unpopular statistics. We have had 70 people killed on Victorian Roads this year, and hundreds more injured. Of these how many were actually burning rubber.

I get the risks. I'm particularly unhappy about seeing the kid standing beside the road, but it's about time some reality got back into the road saftey debate.
So are you suggesting this behaviour should not be punished and you would be happy for these shaved monkeys to be acting like this in your street.

Seriously any person with the intelligence of a toad should be able to work out that this is not acceptable behaviour, and exactly this behaviour is what is bringing authorities down hard on every other car enthusiast.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
8 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2015, 06:51 AM   #63
Lunch
Wait, what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Tucker View Post
Outrageous.

In light of this footage we should immediately demand legislation to introduce mandatory jail time for any incident involving wheel spin. While we're at it, lets make sure every vehicle has an electronic monitoring device so that we can address this degradation of society by automatically fining non law abiding motorists.

We need to do something about these rubber burning terrorists and their four wheeled missiles. Think of the children!
Dude, you need to relax!
Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2015, 08:03 AM   #64
LTDHO
The one and only

How many people die each year from burnouts?

How many people die each year from elderly pressing the wrong pedal?

How many people die each year from running a red light?

Maybe look at what causes death before what could be considered dangerous?
I do not condone burnouts close to the public but look at why our road toll is high.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2015, 08:27 AM   #65
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The people in the video are stupid, time and place for everything.

It is funny even with number plates and people faces in Video, it will be very hard for police to lay charges. Few other factors need to be taken into account when police impound cars and lay charges.

Another car bashing story from ACA.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2015, 08:28 AM   #66
mex351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotte View Post
So what you're saying is it's my job as a pedestrian to listen out for some ****wit doing a burnout down my street and hide behind a fence or something? It's my job as a driver on the highway to just "get out of the way" of a *****pedestrian over four lanes?

Oooookkkkkkkkaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy......

Figured the sane thing would be to, oh, I dunno, not be a ****wit in built up areas.

I'm not even 30 yet, and my lot used to at the very least go to the industrial areas when they were vacant to try and do the biggest skids bruh.
No I never said any of the dribble you ranted on with. And based on short part of the clip I seen people wanting to watch or stand on the road and watch.So back to the topic of idiots and burnouts on public streets and your precious veiws of some dumb pedestrian not takin they own safety into acc...yes your the best person to help your self I never once said I agreed with what anyone the media or the people doing the skids or the bride and groom standing near a car skiding so don't think you can twist my words.

This is how much I care about the whole thread...

The end.
mex351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2015, 08:34 AM   #67
Lotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by mex351 View Post
No I never said any of the dribble you ranted on with. And based on short part of the clip I seen people wanting to watch or stand on the road and watch.So back to the topic of idiots and burnouts on public streets and your precious veiws of some dumb pedestrian not takin they own safety into acc...yes your the best person to help your self I never once said I agreed with what anyone the media or the people doing the skids or the bride and groom standing near a car skiding so don't think you can twist my words.

This is how much I care about the whole thread...

The end.
With the post you were responding to and the way you responded it certainly seemed like you were saying it's a passers-by fault for not hearing a ******** coming down the street chucking skids, if they ended up killed by that person.

If that's not what you meant cool, but it certainly came across that way.

This user likes this post:
Old 30-03-2015, 08:51 AM   #68
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post
So are you suggesting this behaviour should not be punished and you would be happy for these shaved monkeys to be acting like this in your street.

Seriously any person with the intelligence of a toad should be able to work out that this is not acceptable behaviour, and exactly this behaviour is what is bringing authorities down hard on every other car enthusiast.
well said, I agree 100%
Trevor 57 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2015, 08:53 AM   #69
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was asked to be Clerk of Course for the upcoming EasterNats at Winton, other than being busy I would have declined regardless, there is a fair percentage of the people who frequent these events that make it very hard for those who are fair dinkum and this is the event for doing burnouts, there is something in the mentality of these individuals that think it is fine to do burnouts where-ever the **** they feel like, these are the ones that make it hard for everyone, In amongst crowds in the pits for example

There was a car park show on a Friday night recently and one ****** decides to do a burnout in the car park, thankfully they have banned him from any future events, there was pedestrians everywhere
3 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2015, 09:16 AM   #70
mex351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
With the post you were responding to and the way you responded it certainly seemed like you were saying it's a passers-by fault for not hearing a ******** coming down the street chucking skids, if they ended up killed by that person.

If that's not what you meant cool, but it certainly came across that way.
Oh don't think I want your approval or even care about your opinion just don't twist what I say up.

To further how seriously I take the whole motorsport and safety thing this is where I get down...and yes I wait till instructed to do so and complete the lap totally safely. No I'm not like them plebs in the video nor do I condone it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjEl0sq68bY

Now even @ the track I do not stand in front of, beside or near the fence even when watching or helping mates racing where any car is under power cos I think about my safety.If helping a bloke stage I'll stand behind and too the side away from everything till after he finishes his burnout then move up with the car making eye contact and using clear signals. I never go down track to film or watch along the fence cos of the speed involved it happens way to fast to plan your move if something happens.

But thats just me.You do and believe as you wish,I'm happy over here.
mex351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2015, 09:20 AM   #71
superyob
Banned

There are not many people that die from burnout related activity so it must be all good.
That seems to be the prevailing attitude amongst some posters on this thread. Or many more people die from hocus pocus of the blow hole, so burnouts in suburbia are ok. Or even; what does it matter? You don't know these people so why worry about it...

I hope one of your own is never injured/killed by any idiot related activity...
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2015, 09:30 AM   #72
Lotte

Mex, I wasn't trying to twist what you said up. It genuinely came across as though you figure anyone who's nearby someone being a ******** is to blame if they get hurt.

That's All. It seriously wasn't clear What you were saying.
It's clear now, and awesome. I agree. Time and a place.

Old 30-03-2015, 09:37 AM   #73
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the burnout thing is unlikely to kill (possible but unlikely), but it is TOTALLY ANTI-SOCIAL and unacceptable
2 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2015, 05:14 PM   #74
WHYME
Next up?

Did someone say donuts?

WHYME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2015, 05:23 PM   #75
superyob
Banned

Quote:

You're 'unhappy about seeing the kid standing beside the road' but it's not real enough for a 'road safety debate'? Am reading this correctly?
Old 30-03-2015, 05:30 PM   #76
burnz
VFII SS UTE

the moral outrage in this thread, the bitching.

govco can you please run my life for me, I don't want to think for myself.
help me govco your my only hope...
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2015, 05:45 PM   #77
INJECTED_250
Custom user title

i just hate aca..... they pick on mechanics all the time lol.
but I am over the whole "doing a burn out is the worst crime you can do"bs that the authoritys are trying to push onto us . We are getting so over policed for what COULD GO WRONG... not what actually does go wrong.
we dont need marshals in hi viz waving flags directing us when we can do a burnout to make life safe.
But in this case i would of had a brick through these idiots window if it was out the front of my place.
totally the wrong place for that many cars doing it.
INJECTED_250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2015, 06:00 PM   #78
something wrong
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boza View Post
All I could think of was how many of those cars are re-birthed or bought with proceeds of crime. The people in the video don't have the brain power for a good job to pay for those cars. The p-plater with an amg merc hmm wonder how he got it uleh.
Don't need brain power to make good money, i project manage guys who did not finish year 7 (Smart but not book smart) who make over $110k per year plus a company ute and phone. They are big and strong and i just show them once and they will do the heavy stuff all day / 6 days per week.

Most spend their money on Cars - Booze and girls, till they get married then they start on the same journey as most. Mortgage - kids and bills.
something wrong is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2015, 06:13 PM   #79
superyob
Banned

Sorry, mistake!!!
Old 30-03-2015, 06:15 PM   #80
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Watching this makes we want to go get some maccas trays and do some skids. Much like playing GTA makes me want to kill people.

Some nice skids there too.

New business venture, weddings at race tracks
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2015, 06:40 PM   #81
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

I'm not condoning the behavior BUT,

I don't know what's dumber, ACA, Tracy 'botox'shaw or the fact that these clowns posted the video of their cars & number plates pulling skids online for the world to see.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2015, 07:51 PM   #82
noddy383

The reports produced by ACA are always sensationalised and idiotic but…

Burnouts are sweet, speed is fun and people should be allowed to engage in dangerous activities if they want to, but as soon as they deliberately present a significant danger to other people, I have a major issue.

I have no time for hoons on public roads.

The damage that can be done in a split second is catastrophic, as many of you will well know. I have virtually zero respect for anyone who puts others in that kind of danger without consent. I don't have an issue with someone doing circle work around the bride and groom - if they aren't in a public area.
I've seen some amazing recoveries from trauma, but I've seen too many tragedies to be able to condone it or accept it.
I know accidents happen in controlled environments, but at least everyone signed up for it.

I know I sound like a prude, but that's my 2c.
noddy383 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2015, 08:09 PM   #83
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What a bunch of twits. Trying to impress everyone with these sort of antics.
The guys doing the skids aren't too bright either.
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2015, 12:17 AM   #84
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Here's one example from last year (quick goggles search pulled this up - I'm not even trying):
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law...-1226807443389

There's also the property damage problem with this, if they do lose control, and don't hurt anyone, but still damage property.

I know what you're saying, however, the risk consequences are seriously high in a suburban area. Lose control of your car doing a donut and crash into somebody else's house? Lives and property lost and injured. Etc etc etc. There is a time and a place, and the more we make acceptable, the more people push boundaries (hence why we've gone in a matter of years from doing this in industrial estates to doing it in built up areas). I could tell you many a story of my uncles getting up to **** that could have killed them, but they kept it away from others - and that's the important part.

Agree, we need to get some reality back into the road safety debate, but it's important in this case to not just focus in on how it's safe/unsafe, but also how it effects the people around us. Basic consideration goes a long way, hence why I don't play my music overly loud except on odd occasions, why I tell visitors to not be knob ends and rev the hell out of their cars outside of my house, and why anyone that comes to my place and does a burnout in my street gets permabanned from visiting. I have neighbours, I rent, I don't want to **** them off.

To be perfectly honest, if someone is allowed to do a burnout two doors down from us (a t intersection with a court), that results in me having to wait to leave my street, my cat is allowed to go **** on their front lawn. I can guarantee most people here would be ropable if their neighbours cat did that. But ultimately: they're being a nuisance to me, so I can be a nuisance to them.

It's possible the group in this video notified the street (they claim to have had council approval - lol), but it's also probable they didn't. And if they didn't, I'd be a pretty ****ed off neighbour lady.

Police in my area cracked down big time on meets at industrial areas after hours. It became such that you were less likely to be caught ripping a burnout down the road from the cop shop. This is partly the reason it has moved into the suburbs.
irish2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2015, 12:21 AM   #85
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunch View Post
Dude, you need to relax!
I believe he was being 100% sarcastic...
irish2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2015, 03:39 AM   #86
Tom Tucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish2 View Post
I believe he was being 100% sarcastic...
Yep!

But in seriousness, probably not the right place to be doing this sort of stuff. Unless the occupants of that street were all in favour of their street getting torn up, which I doubt. What else is there to say? You can speculate all day on possible disaster scenarios but the fact is nothing happened apart from premature tyre wear, smoke, rubber marks and noise. Antisocial? Absolutely. The biggest issue facing Australian society? Not even close.

I think the erosion of civil liberties enjoyed by the baby boomers, now denied to subsequent generations with excessive governance is more concerning.
Tom Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 31-03-2015, 08:39 AM   #87
superyob
Banned

Which civil liberties would they be?

I am also wandering why idiot behaviour is being acknowledged by some and then trivialised by comparison to other supposedly burning issues. This behaviour and attitude leads to many documented injuries or deaths yet the fact that we are not allowed to play with military style assault weapons (which I assume is behind some of these complaints about erosion of civil liberties) seems to be a bigger issue with some...

Last edited by superyob; 31-03-2015 at 09:05 AM.
Old 31-03-2015, 09:12 AM   #88
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Tucker View Post
I think the erosion of civil liberties enjoyed by the baby boomers, now denied to subsequent generations with excessive governance is more concerning.
ask yourself WHY (in your opinion) your civil liberties have been 'eroded', could it be we (baby boomers) behaved ourselves a little better than recent generations, a little bit of 'time and place' maybe
Old 31-03-2015, 09:12 AM   #89
Tom Tucker

I'd rather not get dragged into the weeds on specifics but many would agree that Australia has become a nanny state. For instance, I bet if you were caught doing a burnout in the 70s you'd get a clip around the ears and be sent on your way. These days you have to face court for suspected traffic offences, where you have to prove your innocence.

I'm not condoning the actions of those in the video, just offering broader perspective.
Tom Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2015, 09:29 AM   #90
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nanny State is a derogatory and belittling label used by those cranky that a law has changed or been introduced and is a term often used by The Daily Telegraph.
Ask yourself does it really matter to you that burnouts are now illegal or are you just jumping on the govt bashing bandwagon that is popular with those associated with guns and patriotism.
xxx000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post