Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-10-2008, 05:43 PM   #61
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51RTE
Wasnt sure of the sales of the F6, of course it isnt going to sell anywhere near as many units as the iconic GT or GT name.
I see a few more F6's on the road compared to GT's.
They are 2 differnt markets but ill bet afew perspective buyers of GT's have been swayed towards the F6 and infact bought one.
What do FPV call a 'moderate' sales disapointment, then compare the disapointment of the F6X
GT outsells F6 2:1.. and has done so consistently since the F6 was released. FPV were hoping the F6 would have sold better, especially as the model has matured, but it hasn't.
I see far more GT's around than F6's.
This may change as the cost of running a car becomes more of an issue, and of coarse as the "Now" generation get more access to borrowings....
I think the Australian market is slowly warming to turbo 6's.. but it will be a gradual change, and may very well be about to take a premature hit with the end of the I6... i guess it depends how good the V6 is..
Maybe the F6X would have sold better as a F8X? even if it didnt go as well?

Old 28-10-2008, 05:47 PM   #62
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
GT outsells F6 2:1.. and has done so consistently since the F6 was released. FPV were hoping the F6 would have sold better, especially as the model has matured, but it hasn't.
This may change as the cost of running a car becomes more of an issue, and of coarse as the "Now" generation get more access to borrowings....
I think the Australian market is slowly warming to turbo 6's.. but it will be a gradual change, and may very well be about to take a premature hit with the end of the I6... i guess it depends how good the V6 is..
Thanks for the sales figures, thats where i thought they would be.
I think Australian performance car buyer will warm to the turbo 6.

As people have said in here that the F6X uses a little bit of fuel, imagine an F8X : but it would be interesting how many of those they would sell :dr_Evil:
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2008, 05:50 PM   #63
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51RTE
Thanks for the sales figures, thats where i thought they would be.
I think Australian performance car buyer will warm to the turbo 6.

As people have said in here that the F6X uses a little bit of fuel, imagine an F8X : but it would be intereting how many of those they would sell :drevil:
There's no doubt about the performance advantage offered by the 6T, but hey, since when has the best performer ever been the best seller in the Australian performance car market!!! Ive often thought though that the 6T cars are aimed at a different market, Noise is king in this market

Old 28-10-2008, 05:54 PM   #64
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Spotted my first F6X on the road today, White lowered on some 20-22 "Rims, looked quite nice..

Seriously they seem to be a nice car, and now the prices are lower maybe worth considering, but at the original price..
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2008, 06:03 PM   #65
Jondalar
Formely FG G6E Turbo

Just buy one flappist, be good to have you back in a Ford! Great car in my opinion, just couldn't get one on my lease, even a TTG was waaaay more expensive than the G6ET.
Old 28-10-2008, 06:35 PM   #66
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
You can't keep rehashing those figures from a year or 2 ago, because the F6 is making back a lot of ground on the GT, and XR8 sales have come to a standstill. Cops are now buying XR6 Turbos now and not XR8's. Fuel prices have smashed the V8 market, and some buyers are heading over to turbo 6's due to that. Just have a look at all the unsold GT's in dealerships compared to F6's. I'd love to see what the F6/GT split is now, it seems to have closed up, but its hard to say as their are more V8 FG FPV models compared to turbo 6 models. 5 Vs 2.

The F6X's problem was that is was released right when petrol prices were just about at their peak. That caused the most damage, but also the lack of differentiation from the TTG didn't help. They should have at least fitted an FPV style front bar to it so you instantly know what it is from the front, but that would have blown the price out even further.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2008, 06:35 PM   #67
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You might want to update those figures. They were true of the BF2.

I have just come back 15 minutes ago from a FPV shop and there was a lot of noise about too much GT stock and big delays getting F6s. It was not just confined to them.

I suspect the petrol panic is setting in already.

But this should not turn into yet another GT/F6 thread or it will be doomed......
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2008, 06:55 PM   #68
irlewy86
Meep Meep

While not haven driven one I refer to some of the comments in TG Mag Aus

F6X vs X6 vs Cayenne GTS vs ML63 AMG

Quote:
Why is the Ford here? Because we thought it might give the others a kick in the nuts. And in some respects it does.... clocking a time of 6.5 seconds its the second quickest. Sure, the old falcon donk is more hoarse than the German motors, but in all-muscle midrange, where it works best its as unstoppable as Sonny Bill Williams chasing down a better offer....it's also got the most talkative, acurate steering.....
(and in reference to the polarising interior)
Quote:
The seat itself is arguably the best here for all day comfort and support
F6X is probably a few units short of its full potential, but it suffers from lots of little issues you could bundle together and call "image issues"

If you could actually get people in this market behind the wheel and overlooking the "my Toorak tractor says a lot 'bout' the person I am''

That said alot of the "image issues" are endemic amongst Ford and FPV and would take nothing less than the second coming of Bill Bourke to fix.

Sorry for quoting a magazine
Old 28-10-2008, 08:03 PM   #69
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
You might want to update those figures. They were true of the BF2.

I have just come back 15 minutes ago from a FPV shop and there was a lot of noise about too much GT stock and big delays getting F6s. It was not just confined to them.

I suspect the petrol panic is setting in already.

But this should not turn into yet another GT/F6 thread or it will be doomed......
They should have an F6E and an F6P to take advantage of the higher percentage of F6 sales. But then again, Ford and FPV are glacier slow in reacting to what the market wants.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2008, 08:50 PM   #70
FPVF6X201
Formerly FPVwannabe

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Slotted front rotors for the TTG write-up and pics. 

Something that you non Territory owners havent said yet is that FPV only had $1mil to develop the F6X. Yes that money was spent badly, but really what else could they have acheived with so little money.

Differences over TTG:
Front Brembos
Different wheels (to fit over the Brembos)
Stiffer Suspension settings
Seat trims (we'll see how the white sections wear over time)
Slightly higher Kw & Nm outputs (which a flash can do on a TTG anyway)
Badges & Stickers (stickers are optional by the way)
Coloured highlights on the bonnet scoop, wing mirror covers and ICC surround

A forum member was kind enough to let me drive his. You can feel the difference in power and the braking is excellent. If they had been closer to the TTG in price when i bought my TTG in April, i would have bought an F6X instead.

As many have said $20k over a TTG was hard to justify, hence the discounts you see now. BTW, originally they slated production of 400 units this financial year and 600 units next financial year. There are only 3 F6X owners that frequent the Territory forum and from all accounts they all love their cars.

There will always be detractors, thats why people DO buy them, so they dont have to drive the same car as everyone else.

Borla ATAK axle back exhaust.
Hawk ceramic brake pads.
CLStech Ribbon DRL mod.
X Lume illuminated grille badge.
Injen CAI.
FPVF6X201 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2008, 09:41 PM   #71
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVwannabe
Something that you non Territory owners havent said yet is that FPV only had $1mil to develop the F6X. Yes that money was spent badly, but really what else could they have acheived with so little money.

Differences over TTG:
Front Brembos

A forum member was kind enough to let me drive his. You can feel the difference in power and the braking is excellent. If they had been closer to the TTG in price when i bought my TTG in April, i would have bought an F6X instead.

As many have said $20k over a TTG was hard to justify, hence the discounts you see now. BTW, originally they slated production of 400 units this financial year and 600 units next financial year. There are only 3 F6X owners that frequent the Territory forum and from all accounts they all love their cars.

There will always be detractors, thats why people DO buy them, so they dont have to drive the same car as everyone else.
THAT, my man is the post of the thread..
"Factual" from someone who actually owns and drives a TTG.. Someone who considered, but declined because of the extra 20k... And to my mind has answered Flappist's original question!
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2008, 10:52 PM   #72
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Sort of like the difference between a GT and a XR8?
Nope, GT actually is distinguishably different looking than an XR8. FPV F6X looks the same apart from the meshy grill and wheels and tacky stripes.
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2008, 10:54 PM   #73
Antwon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My Mates Dad has a F6X, he rekons him and one of his mates took it for a hoon around the hills where they live while his Dad wasnt home and he rekons its awesome, nothing bad at all. Never actually been over his house or anything so i havent seen it but i wish i could, ive havent seen one in the flesh. :(

Dont know how true this is but apparently it was the first one sold in Australia? found it hard to believe especially because i thought it was a regualar TT, and sorry ive been to lazy to read the whole thread but i think thats the problem, Fords bad marketing.
Antwon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2008, 11:45 PM   #74
Matty4
Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVwannabe

Differences over TTG:
Front Brembos

I too took one for a test drive before buying our TTG. The power was slightly better, wouldn't say they was a huge difference though. Back in June when I bought ours the difference in leasing prices between the 2 was ~$27K
There was no way I could justify that, especially since the interior does nothing for me.
A couple of small mods to my TTG has it fairly close to an F6X now anyway, and the brakes for everyday driving are fine.
Old 29-10-2008, 04:25 AM   #75
timmy1300000
Black AU Falcon Forte II

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT
How so? At least the GT has very different front bar, rear bar, side skirts and boot spoiler : : :

In my opinion they should have put the money to better use, F6-P for a start, GTHO would do. I can see the F6X and Force 6/8 ending up on the "what were they thinking?" wall.

i honestly didnt know that the force 6 exsisted until last week i think fords main focus should be advertising instead of extreamly powerful 4wd's
Old 29-10-2008, 10:36 AM   #76
colossus
Secret Sleuth

Personnly I could afford one, but would I buy one? No. To be completley honest I think it is image/badge thing. It is looks too closley related (to the average joe) to the base model fleet Territory. Could get a nice second hand euro for $80K. Also this just being personal opinion but I think just a normal non turbo Terri Ghia is already a great car for much less $$$ - I dont see the point of a performance SUV - bit of an oxymoron to me (once again just personal opinion).