Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-08-2010, 10:07 PM   #61
Zephyr Mk1
Starter Motor

Were you parked to close to the car next to you?
Zephyr Mk1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2010, 10:30 PM   #62
Dave3911

I actually have two sides of this coin to add to the converstaion.

The first is an incident around two years ago where at around 7am, driving home from nightshift on a Saturday morning a drunk bloke walked out in front of my car. He was at a crossing, but I had a green light (he had a red man) and he'd just walked out without looking. No bother, I wasn't going that fast so I slowed and stopped to let him pass.... Yes he was in the wrong, but after a 12 hour grind I really wasn't fussed and just wanted to get home without incident. For some reason unknown to me he stopped in front of my car and stared at me through his bloodshot eyes. After about 10 to 15 seconds and after the car behind me honked, I turned my wheel and went to go around him.... For some reason he then immediately went into a rage - started screaming and as I passed him he ran at my car and kicked the passenger side quarter panel with his size 10 work boot.

My demeanour somewhat changed at that point and seeing he was quite a weedy little bloke I slammed on the brakes, threw open the door and decided to acost the little **** in the street.... As soon as I got out though I saw a large group of 8 to 10 of his drunken friends on the side of the road all charging towards me... I thought better of my decision, got back in the car and drove off. Decided to do a blocky see if I could get obs on him and call the po-po. Unfortunately as I came back around everyone had cleared off. A newsagent staff member on the corner saw the whole thing and stopped to have a chat with me as I looked at the damage.... a nice dinner plate size dent and a good 3 or 4 chunks of paint taken out where I assume he had rocks caught in the tred of his shoes. Grabbed the newsagent details just in case and called the po-po on the drive home, gave the description and asked if the morning shift van could have a drive about the area and see if they could locate him - if so i'd come back and see if I could ID him, along side the newsagent. Got a call just prior to getting home from the police that had a look... no joy, but nice to know they tried. I didn't even bother with a report - just booked it into the panel shop... 800 was the bill.

The other incident is the other side of things, where people trying to do the right thing get abused for no reason. Around 5 years ago I was pulling into a carpark behind another car (a line of 3 parrallel parks, other car was at the front, both behind were vacant so I drove straight in from behind to park in the middle spot). It was wet outside and I had slippy crappy old skate shoes on. As I pulled up my foot slipped off the brake and I very slowly (5km/hr or less) bumped into the terri parked at the front. No worry - my fault, all good. Bloke was standing by his car loading his shopping into the back seat. I got straight out and immediately apologised to him, pen, paper and drivers license in hand. He went absolutely ballistic at me. Nothing woud please him. I told him I was insured, I told him i'd cover any damage if there was any..... Nothing would calm him down. I had a look at his rear bar and couldn't see anything... no scuff, no nothing.... tried to get him to take a look also - wasn't interested... just wanted to continue to scream and shout. At one point he took a swing at me, so I returned to my car - wrote my details down for him (unfortunately its the law - didnt want to give my address to this psycho!) got back out and handed him the piece of paper. He immediately tore it up, threw it on the ground, shoved me, called me all names under the sun and drove off.

Now you tell me, what exactly did that achieve?
Dave3911 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2010, 11:41 PM   #63
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Had a similar experience as Dave, was a long while ago though. So we were travelling through some decent traffic, family all 5 of us in the car, my sister was on L plates at the time and driving..now she goes to change lanes and more or less cuts off a vt, who thinks that we had collided. So sister waves sorry and drives on, but the vt guy goes beserk, honking gesticulating to pull over and yelling somthing through his windscreen. Now sister almost in a panic doesnt know what to do so prompty crosses 2 lanes of traffic to pull over. The vt pulls in 2 cars behind us.
Then the crap started as vt guy got out, then dad got out, vt guy starts yelling how we hit his car blah blah.... There was absolutly no contact, no damage whatsoever to either vehicles.
In the end the ambo's and police were called...
I really do not understand what goes through peoples heads...
On a more positive note the witnesses were very quick to help us and were quite helpful, they also took the time to give statements to the police.

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2010, 08:04 AM   #64
66GT

long time ago when I was 17-18 I stopped at KFC for an after work snack. Returned to my then multi coloured car (part way through paint prep) to find 2 guys (mid 20's) sitting in the bonnet & another 2 sitting on the garden edge. Told them to get off my car, their reply was it looks like crap, you wouldn't know if we scrached it so get over it, refused to get off & proceeded to explain that their then new 300ZX was a decent car blah, blah. Being young & stupid & wanting to prove a point, I jumped butt first into the middle of the 300's bonnet which caved it 3-4 inchs. The next few seconds went real quick, & as I was about to receive a pounding I was saved by a couple of very large, heavily haired & tattooed guys who had seen the whole thing from their F100. Anyway, the 4 300ZX guys appologised for thier actions & agreed that as there was no obvious damage done to either car that no further action was required. I bought my life savers a feed & we had a good old chat.
66GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2010, 11:24 AM   #65
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackXR8
Not keyed but had a lady forcefully open the door of her BMW and leave a massive dent on the pass door, confronted her and she just said **** happens

Followed her and sent one of the boys around and welded her automatic gate shut, she would have been stuck in her prestigious suburb for days
I have a good friend who had something similar to that happen... though he didnt weld any gates shut (seems to only work with those fancy homes).

Found out where the guy who bashed into the car lived... and thought he'd settle the score...

He went to the local garden supplies company, and ordered a tipper with 1tonne of sand....
Paid the garden supplies an extra $50.00 to ensure that the load was dumped regardless of if anyone argued...

Right on 7:30am... Tipper pulls up in driveway of the 'car basher', backs up and tips the whole load of sand right in the driveway (perfectly blocking the driveway)...

Its pretty tough, and not really that quick to move that much sand... right before the guy is about to leave to go to work...

My friend drove past for the next couple of days - the sand was still there...
Old 06-08-2010, 04:10 PM   #66
Seduce XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Another good one Loftie, I am getting so many good ideas on how to get even in the future
Seduce XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2010, 07:26 PM   #67
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had my personalised numberplate Kicked in/dented because I was at work at 3 am on a sunday and the place was closed because of the idiot behavior, apparently it was my fault so they kicked the crap out my numberplate damaging the front bar also yet to fix it but made me so angry that I have to drive a crate to and from work because of my job

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post