Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-05-2008, 02:09 PM   #61
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Wally, you avoid questions and instead replace it with twaddle. You don't seem to have any sense of literal comprehension and gloss over salient points with cliche's such as "You're emotional". You have no objectivity whatsoever and decrying the FG on a ford forum for the sake of the oppositions car is an insurmountable challenge that only the intellectually bereft would attempt. Good luck, party on.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2008, 02:13 PM   #62
BadMac
I still have both eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
Seems to me you are posting with emotion rather than fact. I'm sure most of the posters here haven't seen an FG either, but it doesn't stop many of them promoting it or showing dissapointment. I wouldn't mind betting some have even bought from the brochure too. And good on them, I'm not a self appointed arbitirator on what's good for the individual.

I was an LS1 owner and I never had an ounce of problems with the engine, tranny or car for that matter. So when you make broad sweeping statements it should be backed up with statistical data. Subscribing to the one bad apple spoiling the whole barrel is not valid.

If the VE is so similar to the BF why all the fuss and bother?

If your logic says " So firstly your criticism of the Berlina tries to set up your impartiality, when really you have no interest in the Berlina nor any base model, you are really trying to <b>espouse</b> the virtues of a more upmarket commodore like a HSV opposed to an FG."., then you will have no problem when I say I really, truelly, honest injun don't give a rats about branding. I'm so ambivalent I'm prepared to concede the V8 Holden is much better than the six, in my opinion....and that's all it is; an opinion based on nothing more than my observations. But seeing as you obviously think that the whole model lineup should bespeak of the individual model, then you won't mind me comparing the base poverty pak FG to the top of the range VE?

In repsonse to your probing, but I suspect rhetoriacl query "from EA onwards ford had flared wheelarches and Holden had none in the VN so what does that tell you?", it tells me that the EA had flared guards and the VN didn't, but it obviously means something to you........the post EAs were a retrograde step? I don't think the pronounced guards of the VE are really that much a cousin to the EA though... or are they? If so I repeat my observation on the tirade of posts when the VE was released decrying said guards.
Don't feed him. Let it go and move on with a smile on your face knowing you have the best option for yourself at present and Ford are about to give you a reason to think about changing again. Life is so much better when you don't follow any particular religion, it allows you to sample the best of all the religions, rather than constantly having to defend and trying to convert others to yours.
BadMac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2008, 02:25 PM   #63
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I just double checked what Forum I was in.

Ford Forums.

If you come fishing in this pond with holden bait - ya gotta expect a bite.

By all means become defensive offensive and emotional, and watch others respond in kind.

But in this pond the Ford will always win - it IS an alternate reality
EgoFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2008, 02:32 PM   #64
Wally
XP Coupe

So now I'm intellectually bereft, at which point I'm supposed to object and prove my credentials or respond with a similar act of imnpolitness no doubt.

What can I type that will make you feel better? Although I haven't seen one in the flesh the FG is far superior to anything else on the market? Although my opinions are based on my collective thoughts, they are wrongs and the FG is far superior and better looking than anything else on the market? I have been a bad boy and didn't seek permission form the members to air my observations? I have betrayed all that is good and honest by purchasing the embodiment of eveil that manifest itself as the VE Holden? I have no right to be a member of this forum, even though I have owned several models and am currently doing up an XP coupe, even posting the progress pics when I could just hoarde the ideas?

What exactly is it that you bring to the table that is productive? Tell me a bit about yourself and how you actually strip and build ford engines, gearboxes, diffs, suspensions, etc in youyr spare time like I do. Not send then to a mechanic, but actually do the nachining, assembly and commissioing. Tell me how many cars outside the Ford family you have similarlly completely overhauled like I have to give you such a focused perspective that Ford product is the be all and end all. Tell me how my thrity odd years of buying and usuing $1000 micrometers, bore gauges, lathes, milling machines, electrical instuments etc makes me less inclined to make correct observations than you.

You remind me of a fellow on another forum who took one of the old codgers to task over his auto knowledge. He like you knew everything that sprang from the fountain of goodness and let the old fart know it in no uncertain terms, calling him for being an intellectural retard when it came to ECU's. Patiently the venerable fossil waited then let the upstart in on the facts... he was the bloke who developed the OBD1 computer for GM, he was one of the guys who developed the computer systems for the Apollo projects. So when you resort to name calling I feel I'm in good company sitting back reading your diatribe.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2008, 02:34 PM   #65
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMac
Don't feed him. Let it go and move on with a smile on your face knowing you have the best option for yourself at present and Ford are about to give you a reason to think about changing again. Life is so much better when you don't follow any particular religion, it allows you to sample the best of all the religions, rather than constantly having to defend and trying to convert others to yours.

Thank goodness there are some adults on this forum.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2008, 03:10 PM   #66
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

holden have a much bigger following regardless off any facts of 'better car ' 'all australian ' bla bla bla . their adds work for them .we should take notice of that and get some market back. most on this forum are diehard ford ,but i can appreciate how good a holden is ,and not buy 1 ! . austalia does need both h & f so we get a better car, if there was only 1 they got nothing to compete and better their product. both cars are awesome bfyb we should be greatfull .
Old 02-05-2008, 03:27 PM   #67
Need_a_V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtp 2003
Well they would be worried, because Ford have a superior product its cheaper, handles better, has a better gearbox, more powerfull and more economical and safer, no reasons to worry :
You honestly think that if holden are worried, all they have are adverts? They have DOD this year for the V8, the 6L in the base holdens can easily make 300kw without being pushed and over 330 for the HSV LS3. They have direct injection engines ready with includes large fuel savings and power upgrades. The VF is right around the corner (first quarter 09 at the latest) and with it there goes the 4 speed auto, omega and berlina get 5 speed. There is alot left in holdens arsenal, so I really don't think some adverts are a sign of worry just yet.

Ford need to push 3 things! 1.) The 6 speed automatic transmission which makes a mockery of the Holden auto's. 2.) Fuel economy (before the Holden goes direct injection) 3.) The turbo 6 (the ford V8 is now obsolete as far as I am concerned until we get the new BOSS/Hurricane).
Need_a_V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2008, 03:37 PM   #68
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Wally, reread your post and see if you can't find the hypocrisy of your assertions.
You're judging others on what they haven't seen, yet you have made generalised statements based on what you haven't seen.
This is hypocrisy, this is an unsteady foundation to base an argument.
As for your knowledge of engineering, I don't believe I have criticised you for that.
I don't particularly care for your knowledge in engineering, to me it isn't relevant to this debate. You're doing up an XP, good for you. How does this relate to the FG? It doesn't. You assume I know less than you on many fronts and frankly, that is in itself insulting. If you knew what I do and the wealth of specific knowledge I need to do it you may be less hasty to critique.

On your purchase, if you like your 6 litre then that's excellent. If you don't like the FG then that's excellent too. But there are a lot of excited people who don't need their objectivity questioned by someone who within the anonymity of the internet indirectly derides what they have deemed as a wise purchase. Furthermore whilst it is implied that yours is only an opinion there is an absolution in your writing style. This is what I interpret as criticism, and no, I won't stand for blind criticism of Ford when you have even admitted to not seeing it in the flesh. That is why I took issue with your post, and take issue with others who post similarly. Criticism yes, baseless criticism no.
You'll note that I have not criticised anything Holden (such a the 6 litre) without experiencing it or without readily and quantifiably available facts. I did criticise the LS1 because I had one car but went through 3 engines in less than 45K.
Finally I won't defend the indefensible, but will question those of an opinion different to mine that isn't one of experience or exposure to the facts.

Quote:
Powered by GE
Old 02-05-2008, 04:45 PM   #69
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMac
that true, but a lot of miss info and half truth's from ltd.
but i suppose it make's him fell better.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2008, 05:02 PM   #70
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
Seems to me you are posting with emotion rather than fact. I'm sure most of the posters here haven't seen an FG either, but it doesn't stop many of them promoting it or showing dissapointment. I wouldn't mind betting some have even bought from the brochure too. And good on them, I'm not a self appointed arbitirator on what's good for the individual.
I saw a number of them today, Lane Cove Rd probably on their way to Brad Garlick. Was beside them for a good 5 minutes before they turned off on to Victoria Rd.

I have to concur that, at least from the outside, they don't look all that different. The cars were moving but that certainly doesn't constitute seeing one being driven so maybe they'll look a tad different on the road.

I expected more of a cosmetic upgrade to be honest. I get bored of the shape of my car after awhile and want something that looks new when it's time to upgrade. I don't think the FG pulls that off. I still love the look of my BA but if I was to get a BF and keep it for 3-4 years I'd certainly be bored with the look at that stage and it's quite likely that I would also be bored of the FG.

I live close to Peter Warrens so I'll have a closer look on the weekend. If I was buying a new one, I certainly would be concerned about getting bored of the shape a lot quicker than when I first purchased my BA.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2008, 05:44 PM   #71
stevz
Banned

LTD, spare us all your usual crap, will you?
You are nothing but a hypocrite that manipulates and twists facts and fantasies to suit your own personal argument.
Using the LS1 oil consumption issues as an argument in a VE related discussion just reeks of desperation to me, considering the LS1 engine ceased production before the VE was even released.
stevz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2008, 05:45 PM   #72
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz
that true, but a lot of miss info and half truth's from ltd.
but i suppose it make's him fell better.
Is that so?
Care to back that up before commencing your spurious accusations?

Quote:
Powered by GE
Old 02-05-2008, 05:48 PM   #73
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevz
LTD, spare us all your usual crap, will you?
You are nothing but a hypocrite that manipulates and twists facts and fantasies to suit your own personal argument.
Using the LS1 oil consumption issues as an argument in a VE related discussion just reeks of desperation to me, considering the LS1 engine ceased production before the VE was even released.
Ahh, stevz nice to see you enter the fray.. Again.
Why is it you always rear your ugly head whenever there is a difference of opinion as though you are the great moral authority? Or are you just an internet tough guy?
You totally missed the point on the LS1 too, so who's twisting the facts?

Quote: