Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 11:59 PM   #61
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

that's really ********** mate sorry to hear.. i've always had disdain for people like this.

on a side note how weird is it that the paint on the bumper is fine?

hope it all works out for you either way
Old 04-04-2010, 12:04 AM   #62
mick457
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

forget them riots in melb if u catch them P%%ks there will be an even bigger one

i feel sorry for you dude and hope you get back in an even better car

but seriouly 1 must ask the question how the helll do u hot wire a ba
iv always been told if they want something they will get in but still

Performace
DBA 4000s, Blue power intake, Whiteline swaybars, FG manifold, PWR Radiator, king springs low, Monroe gt sport
DJR bobtail, LSD 3.46, 20%UD
Pacemaker 4490s, Venom cat, redback catback
Old 04-04-2010, 12:10 AM   #63
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Slime that are not even worth your conscious or subconscious thoughts.
If I was you I would take up that offer of the hamburger and the drive in the XY.
The bad thing is when things like this happen and you dont know who did it you seem to end up with a lot of pain from being angry.
Its a lot easier if you know were to direct it I had someone stealing from me once took me a long time to find out who,lots of stress and pain not good for your health.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:31 AM   #64
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thats bad luck mate , hope things work out for you.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:56 AM   #65
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggypoppin'

there is a slight problem i may have had with my car, and that is that the rear door did not lock at all. easy access+ ability to start and your away. but according to the insurer i am still covered so its ok.
id have kept that info to yourself... not as if they could find out now, there wont be any lock mechanism left
Old 04-04-2010, 02:58 AM   #66
FordACE
Fast Ford to the Future

what a shame mate. I'd be absolutely devastated if that was my car as well. These people don't even care that what they do has such a big impact on others. Instead, they continue on their merry way thinking it's normal to cause other people grief.

You might be able to sit yourself in an FG when you are ready.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:02 AM   #67
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
i don't care if this steps on peoples toes, if i ever meet the people responsible for this, ill do unspeakable violent things to them. this is definetly too far to go with a car.
Don't sink to their level. They'll only have you charged, and then your backside will be on the chopping block. Provocation is no excuse.

What makes you better is not that you may have a car that is better....but you know right from wrong, which is what makes you superior.

That is why despite this and how it sets you back, you'll lift your head up and become more determined to get back what you lost, and you'll appreciate it all the more.

What does the other person have? Nothing more than a box of matches, and a limited amount of time before the law catches up with him. Hopefully they are put into prison, and a big guy called, "Tiny" checks his prostate for him.

Don't snap my undies.
Old 04-04-2010, 04:14 AM   #68
dom_105
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The insurance would be to cover the loan. (i would assume)

Market value is one thing, but if you have a 20k owing on a car that's worth 3/5ths of it, that loan doesn't disappear along with the car.
Old 04-04-2010, 04:18 AM   #69
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA Falcon

I hope someone burns your car, you insensitive *******.

Last edited by Auslandau; 04-04-2010 at 01:30 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:11 AM   #70
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Deleted.
Man, that's completely uncalled for. Who took a crap in your Weeties this morning?

Last edited by fairmont1998; 04-04-2010 at 09:05 AM.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:31 AM   #71
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
Man, that's completely uncalled for. Who took a crap in your Weeties this morning?
Agreed...
Old 04-04-2010, 07:40 AM   #72
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Deleted.
How to win friends and influence people 101.

Sometimes, if your having some thoughts about the level of honesty of a person, then you should take it to pm, or keep it to yourself, and not put it out there for everyone to see. Nothing is proven and it does not help the situation. You'll only get people offside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom_105
The insurance would be to cover the loan. (i would assume)

Market value is one thing, but if you have a 20k owing on a car that's worth 3/5ths of it, that loan doesn't disappear along with the car.
It's a good point, and I think any finance company makes you take out additional insurance for this reason. A couple of cars I had borrowed money for, the finance company made me take this type of cover for the life of the loan, in the event the car was stolen or was involved in an accident and written off, then if the payout for the car was not enough to finalise the loan, this extra insurance would cover the difference. Great idea.

So I think if he had this, then he should be ok.

Last edited by fairmont1998; 04-04-2010 at 09:04 AM.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:44 AM   #73
xr6turbo2005
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
dude, think you should re-read the OP. at no stage was insurance payout mentioned. what was said that the loan amount was approx $10k over the amount a car yard had offered to buy it for.

if you look at end of the thread, you'll see that he has reduced loan quiet a bit. to me that doesnt make any sense to torch your own car if you still are going to be out of pocket.

in your best interest, id be requesting mods delete your post or be ready for the comments you'll get back.

2008 FPV GT - Auto, Seduce Red, Leather Interior, Herrod Performance Air Box with K&N Pod Filter.

2018 4WD Everest Trend - Blue Reflex.

Last edited by Auslandau; 04-04-2010 at 01:31 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:48 AM   #74
xr6turbo2005
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Naish - sorry to hear about your car. keep your chin up tho, it'll all work out.

2008 FPV GT - Auto, Seduce Red, Leather Interior, Herrod Performance Air Box with K&N Pod Filter.

Old 04-04-2010, 08:06 AM   #75
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think some info was left of that thread. BA Falcon is too quick to judge. Lets look at it over a few more posts. So from the other thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr6turbo2005
if you want to given me some details on your loan, amount and interets rate, i'll see if i can work out how long it should take you to repay it.

and no you dont want to extend the term. all that does in reduce your repayments (your already paying extra anyways) and it would increase over all interest paid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hords
What is the car insured for? :
Quote:
$22,000

Xr6turbo2005, I'll shoot u a pm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachey80
Geez mate, that's goota be worth more than 10g !!!!!
Quote:
no worries...i'll have to do it monday..i'll see ifi can find a decent loan calculator in the web too
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachey80
oh whoops,
I thought you meant your car was a 2005 XR6Turbo, and you wern't talking to "xr6turbo2005" forum member

My take on this is that Xr6turbo 2005 provided advice, then Hords just asked what it was insured for. It's not the first time someone has said it in a thread, won't be the last. And Iggy told him $22,000, but in the same sentence said he would shoot Xr6Turbo2005 a PM, which I can only assume is to gather more information about what he posted.

So from that, I see nothing to indicate he would do anything illegal. I just think yo read it wrong. Plus his is an XR6, not an XR6Turbo.

Like Xr6Turbo2005 suggested, re read the thread.

That's what I think anyway
Old 04-04-2010, 08:21 AM   #76
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And i'm pretty sure Naishy has mentioned this little saga will leave him OUT of pocket......
Old 04-04-2010, 08:27 AM   #77
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
in your best interest, id be requesting mods delete your post or be ready for the comments you'll get back.
A flaming, as it were!

I had thought this was a bit suss - like how does someone steal a BA, even an AU, without the keys? I didn't think these cars could be hotwired due to the inbuilt security, but I guess thieves will always find a way. However, given the insurance doesn't cover the loan, I pushed any thoughts of an "insurance job" aside, and feel sorry for the OP. Still, if a burnt car is the worst day of his life, then it's actually a pretty good life.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
Old 04-04-2010, 08:54 AM   #78
Lightning Strike XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I with you JC. Not certain but hopeful that nothing sus has happened.

www.bseries.com.au/04xr6

Buying or Selling property in Melbourne PM me!
Old 04-04-2010, 09:00 AM   #79
xr6turbo2005
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
My take on this is that Xr6turbo 2005 provided advice, then Hords just asked what it was insured for. It's not the first time someone has said it in a thread, won't be the last. And Iggy told him $22,000, but in the same sentence said he would shoot Xr6Turbo2005 a PM, which I can only assume is to gather more information about what he posted.

So from that, I see nothing to indicate he would do anything illegal. I just think yo read it wrong. Plus his is an XR6, not an XR6Turbo.

Like Xr6Turbo2005 suggested, re read the thread.

That's what I think anyway
just to clarify - the $22,000 referred to was not insurance amount, but loan amount, and the subsequent PM related to his loan terms / rate etc.

Old 04-04-2010, 09:03 AM   #80
b055m4n

Default sucks

jee man really bad ending for your beast, chin up mate hope they get the p***ks !!
Old 04-04-2010, 09:22 AM   #81
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm positive if there are any hints of insurance fraud, the Police and insurance company would be more than competant with dealing with it. Keep the accusations out of this thread.

2012 KK Jeep Cherokee Limited CRD - Still going strong
2019 MG ZS Essence
1988 RD Mitsubishi Colt GL - 59kW of Fury
2022 Kia Stinger GT
Old 04-04-2010, 09:28 AM   #82
dave289
Banned

Old 04-04-2010, 09:39 AM   #83
Autolite

Very sorry to hear what has happened to your car. Having said that, the only karma I believe in is a fist to the face.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:48 AM   #84
SKITZD

Wow, am sorry to hear about your car and more sorry you copped greif from out of context statements. I'm baffled as to how they stole it but as said well before, if a theif wants something they will get it.

Goodluck with everything and I hope in the future you can get yourself in something that will mean just as much to you. Like your ba.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:57 AM   #85
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairmont1998
I'm positive if there are any hints of insurance fraud, the Police and insurance company would be more than competant with dealing with it. Keep the accusations out of this thread.
Exactly.

I'm also bloody sure Naish wouldn't be doing this for an insurance job, considering he loved that car and this has left him out of money.

Bloody internet warriors. :
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 04-04-2010, 10:22 AM   #86
MAV50L
Banned

Thats a bloody harsh call from BAFalcon.
Why would you go lookinbg for that stuff?
The comment he has made at the end of the thread he has linked is also very much pointing the finger.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:31 AM   #87
cant
CANT !!!!!!!!

Default longer jail terms

Cant be a nice feeling, waking up to find your pride and joy not where you left it, sorry to hear pal.

The rear door, have had the same prob before, but only parked it at work and home (securely) until it was fixed, but a car theif wouldnt have let a locked door stop him !!!!! (her)!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vik351
Drink won't get you out of the doldrums though.

But it will help tonight...

I would wanna kill...!!!

First car theft,you got hung till dead...

vik...wonder how many thefts there would be after that...???

Have any other members had their AU-FG stolen ? ? ?

Stealing a car, first offence probably isnt the first time you stole a car (or anything else) so straight to jail for 3 months, second offence should be 6 months and so on............................ :

the SYSTEM has alot to answer for, I want my taxes to go to building more jails, more space = longer jail terms = people thinking more about their choices = less crims = less violated "normal" citizens

Remember this next time you VOTE :

Better to be late, than
VERY LATE !!!! :

YEAH HA !!!!!!!!
Old 04-04-2010, 10:43 AM   #88
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Iggypoppin' sorry to hear about your pride and joy

Keep your head up mate. All will get sorted out soon enough

I know i would be shattered if my pride and joy was stolen and had the same as yours done to it ( even though it is only an el not an xr6 )

hope to see it all worked out soon

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-04-2010, 12:31 PM   #89
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
just to clarify - the $22,000 referred to was not insurance amount, but loan amount, and the subsequent PM related to his loan terms / rate etc.
Yes. The amount still owing is how I read it. I think from memory, your in the finance business?
Old 04-04-2010, 12:44 PM   #90
bernadette86
soon to be low

i thought smart lock was awesome.