Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-12-2009, 10:46 PM   #61
G6ET8U
GTX Turbo & KB Blown

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: ALWAYS goes out of his way to help others in need, never posts rubbish only facts he has learnt the hard way or with success in his personal experiance. Takes the time to aid more junior members and overall is a solid contributor to AFF. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01
How many new HSVs are going to be parked in the backyard for a year and only started from time to time? : Hardly worthy of comparision to the topic of debate here.

It is to me worthy of comparison. Not every new HSV car is going to be new forever.

No car is going to be new forever. Take a 10-15 year view to it. Are you going to have an LPG tank to fill your car in your yard? Surely not. The way things are going with hybrid/petrol/electric etc LPG won't even be a consideration.

SNOW WHITE 2004 BA FPV PURSUIT
2.6L Kenne Bell
Brembos all round
Twin Screw Awesomeness

Supported, serviced and tuned by
BLUEPOWER RACING DEVELOPMENTS

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11354744
G6ET8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2009, 10:49 PM   #62
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYPOG6
It is to me worthy of comparison. Not every new HSV car is going to be new forever.

No car is going to be new forever. Take a 10-15 year view to it. Are you going to have an LPG tank to fill your car in your yard? Surely not. The way things are going with hybrid/petrol/electric etc LPG won't even be a consideration.
You feel that a new HSV buyer is considering what the 3rd or 4th owner is going to be doing 15 years down the track? Not to mention again the fact that the HSV is dual fuel.

There is a 30 year old LPG vehicle in our family and has never had a problem finding LPG to run it.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2009, 10:58 PM   #63
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
By the way I live 600km west of Sydney in whoop whoop with a dedicated LPG vehicle and I have never had problems finding LPG. Never had to carry a jerrycan either when I had a petrol car.
On the Sturt Hwy, one of the main roads between two capital cities and within 200km of several reasonable sized towns is not woop woop...
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2009, 11:00 PM   #64
G6ET8U
GTX Turbo & KB Blown

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: ALWAYS goes out of his way to help others in need, never posts rubbish only facts he has learnt the hard way or with success in his personal experiance. Takes the time to aid more junior members and overall is a solid contributor to AFF. 

I am not talking about the owner... I am talking about the maker.

Please don't P15S our money in to the wind creating something that won't be in a few years time but will sell now.

Be part of the on going solution. Not part of the on going problem.

2.6L Kenne Bell
Brembos all round
Twin Screw Awesomeness

Old 27-12-2009, 11:10 PM   #65
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
On the Sturt Hwy, one of the main roads between two capital cities and within 200km of several reasonable sized towns is not woop woop...
So you would live here and not call it whoop whoop? I guess it depends on your definition. I bet 99% of people would have to use a map to know where Darlington Point is. By the way, the vehicle in questions main duty is driving from Darlington Point (population 1000) to a farm ~35km from the nearest town. Not exactly driving in the city is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYPOG6
I am not talking about the owner... I am talking about the maker.

Please don't P15S our money in to the wind creating something that won't be in a few years time but will sell now.

Be part of the on going solution. Not part of the on going problem.
I am not really sure of the point you are trying to make, but following on from your previous post, do you know that Hyundai (and Kia) are releasing LPG hybrids (not here though)?
Old 27-12-2009, 11:38 PM   #66
G6ET8U
GTX Turbo & KB Blown

Quote:
So you would live here and not call it whoop whoop? I guess it depends on your definition. I bet 99% of people would have to use a map to know where Darlington Point is. By the way, the vehicle in questions main duty is driving from Darlington Point (population 1000) to a farm ~35km from the nearest town. Not exactly driving in the city is it?

I am not really sure of the point you are trying to make, but following on from your previous post, do you know that Hyundai (and Kia) are releasing LPG hybrids (not here though)?
Why wouldn't they release it here. We have the best uptake of new tech in the modern world. We also have the best LPG network in the modern world too. It is an easy point to take. Not enough money to be made here? Sadly, I think so.

Where is LPG not particularly big?

The US.

Who's cars are almost made for it? The US.

Who is reliant on petrol? The US.

Why on earth would Hi Undies and Keeee Ya be interested in the US market? Is it the biggest market in the world that has no intention of taking up diesel in any real form.

LPG may well be taken up in the US but unfortunately this isn't 1980. It is 2009 and LNG will eclipse LPG in the short term. The US included.

Fortunately for LPG. LNG has similar properties. But 10 times cheaper to transport.

Where is most of the LNG in the world as it stands? Asia.

Where is Australia?

Who so far has the biggest discovered gas fields in the world?

Australia.

2.6L Kenne Bell
Brembos all round
Twin Screw Awesomeness

Old 27-12-2009, 11:45 PM   #67
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When I was a lad, my father sat me down and said "son, there are three things you never discuss with other men, religion, politics and THE CHOICE OF FUEL IN THEY'RE CAR......!"
A G8E would be good if Ford marketed squarely at Calais V8 owners. They need to bring back the walking fingers like in the initial FG ads, but this time have the fingers crushing Calais' as they walk along, with some relaxing background Led Zeppelin music and Marcos Ambrose in stubbies and singlet driving it.
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2009, 11:48 PM   #68
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

HSV Confirms Dual Fuel...Title of thread ....
This is the pub for news and general chat. The discussion as it stands has been done to death in the LPG section .... and usually finishes on a bad note.

PLEASE ... for the 14th time ..... keep to the news at hand.

ANY other discussion on the wonderful or obsolete LPG as a fuel .... please visit the LGP section of the forum!

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2009, 11:53 PM   #69
G6ET8U
GTX Turbo & KB Blown

Quote:
Originally Posted by auslandau
HSV Confirms Dual Fuel...Title of thread ....
This is the pub for news and general chat. The discussion as it stands has been done to death in the LPG section .... and usually finishes on a bad note.

PLEASE ... for the 14th time ..... keep to the news at hand.

ANY other discussion on the wonderful or obsolete LPG as a fuel .... please visit the LGP section of the forum!
No worries mate, interesting subject none the less.

2.6L Kenne Bell
Brembos all round
Twin Screw Awesomeness

Old 27-12-2009, 11:59 PM   #70
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Please delete.

Last edited by naddis01; 28-12-2009 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Off topic
Old 28-12-2009, 03:04 PM   #71
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter

Ford Australia is apparanatly, if rumours are true will be using liquid injection in it's new range of E-gas falcons
What rumours, Ford have already said it will be using LPi next year, the same time as they announced the turbo 4 and Territory diesel.

As for people saying the LPi HSV might be able to make more power, its pretty obvious it won't as it needs to switch to petrol under full throttle. Their dual fuel is nothing short of a compromise. If they had built it specifically as a single fuel LPG engine they could have optimised it with cam specs and higher compression, but obviously HSV are only good at getting engines out of a crate.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2009, 04:50 PM   #72
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
... but obviously HSV are only good at getting engines out of a crate.

HSV - Number 1 exhaust and bodykit fitters since 1989.
Old 29-12-2009, 09:09 PM   #73
GTP-03

Honestly some of you guys must live in the dark ages, if this mentality was the norm in everyone wed be still driving fj Holdens with three speed crunch boxes and drum brakes all round.

The fact is we need cleaner fuels and I applaud HSV making a performance car that runs on cleaner fuel, ofcourse theres going to be some initial problems but like everything else in this world, these products will get better and better with time and
problems will get ironed out, they just need a chance to get it going properly!

I dont know if I heard right but I believe theres going to be a couple of entrants at the Bathurst 12 hour running on LPG and diesel fuels, they have got a seperate class for these cars as i understand it, but thats a seperate issue again.
Old 29-12-2009, 10:27 PM   #74
cosmo20btt
Fordaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-03
Honestly some of you guys must live in the dark ages, if this mentality was the norm in everyone wed be still driving fj Holdens with three speed crunch boxes and drum brakes all round.

The fact is we need cleaner fuels and I applaud HSV making a performance car that runs on cleaner fuel, ofcourse theres going to be some initial problems but like everything else in this world, these products will get better and better with time and
problems will get ironed out, they just need a chance to get it going properly!

I dont know if I heard right but I believe theres going to be a couple of entrants at the Bathurst 12 hour running on LPG and diesel fuels, they have got a seperate class for these cars as i understand it, but thats a seperate issue again.
I don't mean to add to this mess but the way I see it it's a HSV running on gas in a race that switches to petrol on full throttle but will race in the LPG class or better yet create another whole new class where it is the only one racing. This smells of global green challenge all over again.
cosmo20btt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post