Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-07-2013, 10:43 PM   #61
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Default Re: Confession time...'fess up.

If I had to settle...
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2013, 10:51 PM   #62
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

Smokey and the bandit trans am.
blackf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 13-07-2013, 10:55 PM   #63
RAPID_BA
Banned

I actually like long drives in uncomfortable cars.. they awaken the senses..

Years back i drive from sydney to gold coast in a lowered 2.0 nissan pintara. It was so low you felt every bump on the way there. It was fitted with an exhaust system that was so loud and droney, even in the 5 speed manual that it was. It had no power steering or air cond, driving at 100km/h felt like you were doing 200km/h. You had to drive it hard through the gears to get acceptable performance from it.

it had skinny cheap tyres and it rained for a good part of the trip, this car was slipping and sliding, drifting, bumpy, noisy, felt faster than you were going, really had to wrestle the car the whole trip, felt like we drive the bathurst 1000

we loved it!!!!!

Driving a big falcon up there on cruise control all the way just isnt as fun.

Last edited by RAPID_BA; 13-07-2013 at 11:01 PM.
RAPID_BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 14-07-2013, 12:27 AM   #64
wrongwaynorris
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Always wanted an Adams Probe 16

"The Durango 95 purred away real horror show , a nice warm vibraty felling all up through your gutty wutts "

Last edited by wrongwaynorris; 14-07-2013 at 12:39 AM.
wrongwaynorris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2013, 12:43 AM   #65
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Most posters so far have nothing to confess, mainly it’s been a list of very nice cars.

I’ve always been a big fan of the 1970 VG Hemi Pacer 4 door after one blew away my L34 many, many years ago. A nice 1969 Camaro wouldn’t go astray either.
Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2013, 12:56 AM   #66
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Express View Post
I’ve always been a big fan of the 1970 VG Hemi Pacer 4 door after one blew away my L34 many, many years ago.
You've obviously seen the Ex Jim Richards VG 4 barrel on Oz Muscle for $80,000 then, he says drooling.

Cheers Vincenzo

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2013, 01:41 AM   #67
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have owned and love older model VW Beetles, I have owned a '56, a '72 and a Variant
Old 14-07-2013, 01:42 AM   #68
Squalo
Two Wheels Good

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPID_BA View Post
it had skinny cheap tyres and it rained for a good part of the trip, this car was slipping and sliding, drifting, bumpy, noisy, felt faster than you were going, really had to wrestle the car the whole trip, felt like we drive the bathurst 1000

we loved it!!!!!

Driving a big falcon up there on cruise control all the way just isnt as fun.
I like this, and agree - it's something the more recent additions to the population won't understand, and some of us of older vintage have forgotten (or remembered and gone out of their way to avoid )

I've done a lot of serious road trips and the ones that are memorable are the ones in cars that on paper just weren't the right ones for the trip. Like a 20 hour trip from Brisbane to Melbourne in a Kombi... but it did it, and when I needed a power nap I just had to park up wherever and walk back. Otherwise the only times I stopped were for fuel, it had a fridge so food was loaded before I left. I also did a 10 hour run from Adelaide to Sydney in a Brock Group 3, and while that was certainly memorable it just wasn't as fun as the Kombi trip... the car made it too easy.

I also did a run to the Phillip Island MotoGP in a Ford Fiesta that really should not have happened in the timeframe that it did, given the vehicle... but the little Fiesta was simply incredible in what it took, and gave. Respect.

Anyway, cars I love but shouldn't, given my allegiance... well, the Kombi but that's understandable since I've owned it since I was 18, so 27 years this year. And my Nissan Patrol, which can take me anywhere I feel like going, and park anywhere I feel like parking - you have no idea how handy this is, even if you have a 4wd - unless it has dual ARB Airlocker diffs and 33" mud terrain tyres like mine - so many times there's a parking space close to whatever venue/occasion you're attending that is empty due to a big mudhole or other planetary feature, and we just swing into it and lock up, when we come back we hit the magic diff locker buttons and off we go. I LOVE my Patrol.

But I REALLY love 1967/68 Camaros, and I'd have one of those over any other car on the planet, seriously. 68 is the go as it ditched the quarter windows of the 67, and make it an RS/SS thanks. They ruined that classic body with the 69 (the year both I and my Kombi were born) although the 69 does have a toughness about it that the earlier ones don't.

I'd also like to have a Rover 3000... but I'd throw a P76 4.4 into it.

And there's something weirdly appealing about the Triumph Dolomite Sprint... that 16-valve head has always intrigued me. Given that the basic Dolomite 4-cyl architecture was pretty much half of a Triumph Stag V8, I've always wondered whether you could put a pair of Sprint 16-valve heads onto a Stag V8 and end up with a 32-valve 3-litre V8... how good would that sound, and it might go ok in the back of a 1969 Kombi...
1969 Kombi

Last edited by Squalo; 14-07-2013 at 01:55 AM.
Squalo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2013, 10:41 AM   #69
zilo
BANNED

Mitsi 380 for me, ridiculously cheap cars for the build quality....just got one for 1400 bucks with minor damage.

1979 UC Torana hatchback, best looking Holden ever made.

Rear wheel drive Volvo 940's same engine as the 240's but with airbags...lol
zilo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2013, 12:34 PM   #70
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'll confess a few things, I'm old enough now to take any flak!

1) I owned a Morris Marina ..... once.

2) I owned a Fiat 128 ..... once.

3) I owned a Sunbird Hatchback automatic with the Opel engine. That car was dangerously underpowered.

4) I was a Holden fan in my early motoring life but began to turn with an EA Falcon S MPI. Very unreliable.

5) I saw the light in 1992 with my first V8; a 1992 EB II S-XR8 automatic. That was a damn fine car.

6) I've stuck with V8's ever since except for the Territory.

7) I do like the Chrysler 300 SRT8; I was very impressed with it when I test drove one.

Ah, I feel so much better now!
Old 14-07-2013, 01:28 PM   #71
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanoraptor View Post
I adore and own classic falcons, but I also find a strange appeal to small cute micro-cars. Suzuki Cappucinos, Honda Beats, Daihatsu Copens, Holden Tigras. I could almost own the latter...
Yes. Honda S800s as well.

I was checking out Copens the other day on car sales, trouble is im 6'3" and look like a clown in small cars :o
mr smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2013, 01:32 PM   #72
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobramad View Post
Have a soft spot for the HQ Monaro LS, really nice shape with no body striping and paint-outs, and just two doors. Some of those early colours have managed to age gracefully too and suit that shape perfectly.
Yes, my brothers first car was a silver 202 LS Coupe. $1200 and in awesome stock nick, old dude went to great pains to show how clean he kept the wheel wells.
Silly young clowns (us) dropped it on its guts, put in a 350 and basically raped it.
mr smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2013, 02:04 PM   #73
beardo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

EA s pac's, vn ss, cherry black vs senator and r31 silhouettes
beardo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2013, 02:26 PM   #74
Nanoraptor
Futura

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr smith View Post
Yes. Honda S800s as well.

I was checking out Copens the other day on car sales, trouble is im 6'3" and look like a clown in small cars :o
Heh. I'm 6'5" myself with bung knees. I find it difficult enough getting in the AUII I drive for work, I'd give myself a permanent injury trying to drive the Kei cars. As it is I can't drive a manual any more than a block or two - knee problems again - and Tigras don't seem to come in autos.

A client drives a little Silver Tigra - Guess I'll just have to watch from afar.
Nanoraptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2013, 02:31 PM   #75
Matty4
Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardo View Post
EA s pac's, vn ss, cherry black vs senator and r31 silhouettes
That's funny.....
My dad had an EA S-pac wagon when I first got my licence, loved driving it after stepping out of my 200B SX. My father-in-law had a cherry black VS Senator (should have bought it off him when he sold it....bummer) and I had an R31 Silhouette for 11 years. Loved it.

Myself, I secretly love the old Prince GTR's (although I have thought of getting a Datto 240K coupe to mock up.)
Volvo 850R.
Datto 1600 (with SR20DET conversion)
I'd also love an E39 M5, they're quite affordable now too...
Old 14-07-2013, 02:35 PM   #76
K_Man
Whoa, this is heavy!

Volvo 240s and 360s. Would absolutely love to get a 360, good luck finding one now that hasnt been to the moon and back. 5door hatch, 5 speed manual, rwd and from what I read the turbo 4 pots from the 740 is a pretty straight swap. Would be wicked fun.
Old 14-07-2013, 02:57 PM   #77
bigwil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

57 Chev, cant think of any holdens that I secretly like.
bigwil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2013, 03:02 PM   #78
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr smith View Post
Yes. Honda S800s as well. :o
On Gran turismo 4 I have done close to 3,000 laps of the Nürburgring Nordschleife in my Honda S800 RSC - absolutely love it.

Cheers Vincenzo

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-07-2013, 03:03 PM   #79
chookaradley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Im a bit of a fan of some of the offerings from Hyundai and Kia these days. They dont have a performance option to match my FG turbo, but they offer some nice cars for the family, good warranty, and pretty reliable these days
chookaradley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2013, 04:15 PM   #80
K_Man
Whoa, this is heavy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chookaradley View Post
Im a bit of a fan of some of the offerings from Hyundai and Kia these days. They dont have a performance option to match my FG turbo, but they offer some nice cars for the family, good warranty, and pretty reliable these days
Not wrong, when we were looking for a used suv for my wife, options were an early territory or an older sorento, and I was suprised that the sorento ticked more boxes for us.

Another guilty pleasure of mine, the old school japanese idea of luxury. Wouldnt mind an old Toyota crown, every rediculous gizmo you can think of, gaudy velour interior...maybe im just stuck in the 80s
Old 14-07-2013, 04:52 PM   #81
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Hmm, Confessions..

Well I have owned a Datto 200B and a Hyundai Sonata, they would be my lowest points.

Leyland P76...there, I said it!
I don't know if its the car itself, or the era they were from but every time I see one I get all nostalgic, unlike with a GT or Monaro.
Perhaps its because the others survived and evolved and the old Leyland remains as a time capsule.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-07-2013, 05:33 PM   #82
nb_351
building the xe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Hmm, Confessions..

Well I have owned a Datto 200B and a Hyundai Sonata, they would be my lowest points.

Leyland P76...there, I said it!
I don't know if its the car itself, or the era they were from but every time I see one I get all nostalgic, unlike with a GT or Monaro.
Perhaps its because the others survived and evolved and the old Leyland remains as a time capsule.
Probably because you can't buy a new leyland anymore
Nothing similar at all
It's a bit like the house of an old family member that has passed, you just can't go back there anymore only look at photos and memories
And because they were in part a great car so I've been told, even with the downfalls they apparently had
nb_351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2013, 06:40 PM   #83
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've owned plenty of V8's & 6's and had been driving for over 10 years when I got my first speeding fine in my wife's then brand new Suzuki Balleno

That car was a really well balanced little package and you could really throw the bugger round

I generally hate FWD cars but this thing was buckets of fun

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2013, 08:30 PM   #84
Spurious

I like fords only 'cause I've owned them for the past 14 years & I've grown kinda' partial. BUT...I've always had this thing for the SS-LX hatchback Torana...BUT my all time favourite car would have to be a HR holden, in my opinion that's simply the way a good lookin' car should look. Holden have NEVER made anything look as good. Seriously, you could offer me a brand spanking new holden right now & I would turn my back on you without a second thought. I would however crawl on my naked belly through a paddock full of cow sh_t to get my hands on a stock HR....I don't know why...I just would. Please someone, offer me a set of keys and show me to the paddock, I'll prove it! I like the look of a Brougham too but that is a secret ok. Oh and a HZ with a stato' front end...GOD what am I saying, listen to me will ya', I'm losing it Get a grip ...Ford man ...Ford man ....I AM A FORD MAN. Ok, I'm ok now
Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2013, 09:15 PM   #85
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

I secretly love Camaros.. I think they are awesome.
Old 14-07-2013, 09:16 PM   #86
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NX74205 View Post
- I like luxury cars, not fast cars. I have no desire to own anything by Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, Bugatti ... etc, etc, but I dream of owning a Mercedes-Benz S-Class, Rolls-Royce Ghost, and Bentley Continental GT. Though I can admire a gorgeous 458 Italia or Aventador, I wouldn't dream of owning one.

- In somewhat of a contradiction to the above, I'd love to have a C63 AMG Black Coupe for track days. I absolutely adore the noise that the AMG V8 makes, and as far as I'm concerned, it's the best sounding engine (and arguably the best engine) in the world.
Yes, yes and yes.
If I was a millionaire, I couldn't see myself in a Supercar. Maybe one in the garage as a track special whichis used a couple of times a year, but driving on public roads, no thanks.

The 6.2L AMG sounds great. Although, I think I'd Just have the C63 sedan.

My confessions,

I love most American cars New and old. Too thirsty, too big, unreliable, badly built or whatever other criticism they get, I think they are great.

As much as I like 4WDing, a would love a big SUV, preferably in black with some nice 20 or 22 inch road wheels on it. But in reality I don't think I could get a 4x4 that can't go offroad.

I love driving turbo diesel. I love it when you plant your foot and explosion of black smoke comes out the back.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2013, 09:35 PM   #87
vbvbvb088
vbvbvb088

I have 2 JB camira SL/e sedans in a shed.
vbvbvb088 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2013, 09:49 PM   #88
BennyH

An immaculate VS 5 litre ute. Even though I spank them now when restricted from driving 8's I am really partial to the appearance, simplicity anf sound of them.

2010 XR6 Ute Nitro Blue Bluepower XCAL3 tune,
Di Filippo headers + high flow cat, X Force stainless cat back,20% Powerbond underdrive,
Growler CAI, Herrod lowered suspension package,
19'' Dark Argents w/ 36mm rear spacers, DBA T2 slotted rotors, Pursuit Side Skirts, EGR Under Spoiler
BennyH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2013, 10:00 PM   #89
BDA074

I have two confessions...
1. I secretly want a HSV Monaro Coupe4
2. My daily drive is now a Range Rover Evoque. Still have the GS though...
Old 14-07-2013, 10:15 PM   #90
ridzilla

Oh so many confessions!
Honda S2000
HSV VZ Maloo
VE SS Sportswagon
AMG C63
Group A SS
GTI Golf
Range Rover Evogue
Datsun 1200 Ute, 240K, 260
R33 GTR
R31
GTR C110
Suzuki Sierra SJ70 (actually owned one for a year and spent many $$$ on it haha)
300C SRT
So many more but I better cut it short haha and then there's the dreams cars!

ridzilla is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post