Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-05-2009, 09:23 AM   #61
Rob
Living the dream

I take heart in the fact that my uncles' 800,000KM EL ex taxi still drives fairly well.. it's a shining endorsement of the strength and reliability of the Falcon.

I was in a BA Fairlane taxi recently, had 560k on the clock, was still quite tight and tidy.
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2009, 07:28 PM   #62
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
What naddis01 said. It goes a little something like this:
A taxi can be kept in QLD until it is 6. You'll get a few thousand for a respectable ex cab, ie something with 'only' 600k on the clock that can be painted back to it's original colour.

If you buy a taxi pack, there's no original colour to go back to, it's already yellow. Why spend $30k for something that will net you $3k in 6 years time when you can buy 2xsecondhand cars over that 6 years (3 years each) for only $14k each and still sell them for $3k each?
Ie total outlay for a dedicated is $30k - $3k residual =$27k for a terrible car at the end
Alternate is 2x$14k - 2x$3k residual = $22k and you've got two half decent cars at the end

Taxi operators also know that taxis do about 170k's a year, and falcons are pretty worn out past about 700k-odd. Much nicer to have two secondhand falcons than one worn out dedicated taxi. And cheaper too.

LTDTerri is right too, if it weren't for the taxis there's no way i would have bought my falcons.
So they still want dedicated taxis, just not new ones.
naddis01 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2009, 09:49 PM   #63
EgoFalcon
The Villan

Hi everyone, The ION 6 speed would of never gone into the falcon because it was too small, my dad was one of the engineers who designed it and it had too little torque capacity aswell and ION was bought out by a chinese company called CHERY and don't get your hopes up about having either 5 or 6 spd gas, very very unlikely. The 5 spd auto is made by Ford in France.

The PX Ranger has arrived! XLT Metropolitean Grey

Previous Ride - 2007 BF MK II XR6 in Lightning Strike
EgoFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2009, 11:28 PM   #64
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

DSI (as well as others) my export components for Chinese cars.

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...2575F600261E84