Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-11-2007, 01:23 AM   #61
huggiebear
Mr. Multiple Projects

oh and there is no law saying you cant have more then 1 P plate on the front or back
2004 Forester Turbo
2006 Corolla Wagon BLAAAAAAACK
huggiebear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2007, 07:39 PM   #62
MeLLy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA Bogan
I just got done for not displaying P plates while on my P1 lisence (i had forgotten to put them on after i used them on another car) and the cop said it caries no demerit points. I go to pay the fine at the transport SA office and the clerk tells me my lisence has been cancelled and i will get a letter form them in about a month, up untill when i can still use my lisence. He said i can appeal to have my lisence extended, does anyone know what the procedure is for that? I CANNOT lose my lisence as i am a pizza delivery driver and it is my only job, i will be ruined, broke and most likely homeless if i lose my lisence. I simply cant believe such a minor offence makes you lose your Ps immediately when speeding 20 km/h over the limit does not. Can anyone help me out with some info on the matter?

Yes i knew that before the new laws came out and when they came out that the p plate rule is if you dont display them its an automatic loss of license, it carries no demerit points because its an auto dissqualification.
Now you have to go to your local court and get a form and pay a fee to appeal your license, then state your reason why you need it and then get it signed by the justice of the peace.
Then you have ur day in court and the courts will extend it by 6 months to a year and then transport sa would extend it from a further six months to a year...
Welcome to the horrible world of being a SA p plater....
But if you choose to appeal it dont ever do anything wrong ever again because thats your one chance, and once its gone you have to wait 3 to 5 years before your allowed to appeal again, but you can also fight the fine...
Fill out the slip on the bottom of the sheet which says you wish to take it to court or something along those lines then you go a different path, you maintain your license until your court date and you can argue your case before a judge and ask for no conviction and no points....
That way you wouldnt be voiding your one appeal chance...

Think about it and make sure you do your homework research all the rules!
You can win in court when challenging the fine but its treading thin ice & you will get smacked with some court costs but if you have a nice judge you wont, it really depends on who you get...
But since you have already paid the fine i would suggest to appeal it...
You will recieve a letter in the mail soon stating you have lost your license, take it to the court house with i'll say a hundred bucks back a few years ago when i did it, it cost me 70 but who knows now...
And when you go to court you will get called up and you basically just explain why you need them and the judge will either agree or dissagree but ask yourself this
is it really worth sitting on your P's for another 2 years worst case senario?...
I copped an extra year which is why i got my fulls when i was 20 1/2.

Oh & btw when your on your P's if you get caught speeding at all you lose your license, when you are on you fulls you simply lose points! Seems unfair but thats their zero tollerence skeem...
So going 20km over the limit is costly 3 points & almost 300 dollars...
But i know what you mean as such i've known ppl who have driven cars down main south rd in the wet doing 100kms in a 70 zone on their p1's and crashed and not lost their license....Then the same idiot gets a new car and crashes that into a parked car trying the same stunt...and doesnt lose his license...
Its unfair esp when the police claim they can judge peoples speed by skidmarks...there was even witnesses to these two crashes which stated he was speeding...
It annoys me to but such is life.

B**** with Boost

Last edited by MeLLy; 17-11-2007 at 07:49 PM.
MeLLy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2007, 08:58 PM   #63
GORDZ
OMGORDZ

i'm losing my licence for 6 months (was on the golden point in vic) for a p plate i made myself from professional signwriting vinyl too small. it was 100mm x 100mm, cop said it should be 200mmx200mm (i said 'bullship, thats massive') regulation is 150mmx150mm

if cops have a bad day, you'll never win. sorry bud.

BA XR6 Ute, twin throttlebodied blueprint.
GORDZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post