Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 19-03-2009, 02:45 PM   #61
Busted

While I don't agree with haveing 20 cars coming and going I don't see a problem with the large mob working on there pride and joy.
However most of the coments here are baging the mob out for not having any respect for there neighbors. Where is the respect being shown from the neighbors that called the fuz before even talking to the the head of the mob. I'm sorry but if it was me I'd be working to the letter off the law 7 till 7 to show these peaple that have no respect for THERE NEIGHBOURS what noise is all about. It makes no differance if you rent or own the laws are the same and you can not be avicted or have your lease refused to be renued if you are not braking the law.
We do still live in Australia don't we. A brew and a chat problem solved. Lets not do it the good old USA way. cops cops cops cops.
Old 19-03-2009, 03:06 PM   #62
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

we've gone off a bit guys! It's not like there is 20 cars ALL THE TIME. Weekends is when numbers go up. Weeknights about 8 max unless there's a day off work or something. Power tools are only used later at night if we get "on a roll" with a project. Very rarely, maybe 3 or 4 times in 6 months, have we used anything after 7.30pm. We are simply some mates having a good time, noise is generally kept to a minimal, I think it's just the car volumes on weekends we are getting hassled for. We have since vacated the home so my mate can sort everything out. We have also taken the opportunity to go around to the closest neighbours and offer an apology for disruption. So far it's ok, it's just the police we are peeved at, as they think we are ALL earning money from a chop shop??!
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 19-03-2009, 03:12 PM   #63
xy500
Constant annoyance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft
because you and your budgie alone are going to front up to 20 young lads and not feel intimidated?
thats the way it goes, if you haven't got the balls, then keep your mouth shut
Old 19-03-2009, 03:16 PM   #64
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
And there lies the problems in society. People are just too "scared" to actually speak to anyone because they are told constantly that if they do the boogeyman will get them, but don't worry Mr Bracks/Rudd/Horseman (Brumby) will save you by putting this and that law in place so you never have to deal with anything in your life.

Anyone who has seen the movie Demolition Man will understand the kind of society I am talking about.

People need to harden up and actually air their grievances with those concerned as opposed to the current trend of calling the Police/writing into Mx/ having a cry on internet forums.

HTFU Australia.

Top post Russell, the way most people are going on on here, we would be a society with no friends because we would all be too scared the law would pop up because daisy next door dont like my mates, come on guys get a grip and no wonder Australia's going down the toilet no one knows what fun is anymore, oh and im 32.
Old 19-03-2009, 03:18 PM   #65
xy500
Constant annoyance

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Unde 25 too, are we?

Most mature, decent people have regard to others.
Get a clue mate, over 1000 and know everything do we?
Age is no measure of a person, and maturity seems to have no effect on regard for others in my neighbourhood. And if oldies are so great to live with why don't you move into a retirement home?
Old 19-03-2009, 03:18 PM   #66
Black F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
People need to harden up and actually air their grievances with those concerned as opposed to the current trend of calling the Police/writing into Mx/ having a cry on internet forums.

HTFU Australia.
In this day and age you are going to front 20 young people, im sure the bloke wants no trouble and to be just left alone, its a big call to go and front people when you are afraid what will come your way. I think you would be singing a different tune if you were fronting them
10.25@138mph FG XR6T (new toy) (Nizpro)
Old 19-03-2009, 03:23 PM   #67
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFXRScott
In this day and age you are going to front 20 young people, im sure the bloke wants no trouble and to be just left alone, its a big call to go and front people when you are afraid what will come your way. I think you would be singing a different tune if you were fronting them
Unless you actually know me I do not think that you are in ANY position to comment on what I would and would not do. Remember these people are the complainants neighbours, not just some randoms.

Btw, fronting up to large groups of people is what I used to get paid to do everyday (I live the easy life in front of this computer now) so I know I would do as I say.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 19-03-2009, 03:24 PM   #68
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
FFS, why would you have to front them when the whole clan is there? Why not do it during a quiet time?

Oo\===/oO
Old 19-03-2009, 03:25 PM   #69
scottmeister
see my vest!

Generational gap talk eh? I can see why this thread is part of general topics, more generalisations in here than a hoon thread. Gee, those young immature blokes must be at it again, no regard that lot; I did that sort of thing when I was their age with all my mates, but that didn't matter it was back then and things were different! rah rah rah, I'm an old grump! Loosen up folks...
Old 19-03-2009, 03:25 PM   #70
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Quote:
Would be pretty stupid to beat up your neighbour in front of your own home now wouldn't it did anybody ever think of that, way to easy for the cops to nab you when they get there after you've been reported for assualt. IMO not to many people would be that stupid even the gen y's wouldn't be would they.
Old 19-03-2009, 03:27 PM   #71
Black F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I do not know you, but its different these days, before you might get a kicking, no big deal, but they dont mess around these days, most of them carry knifes and arent afraid to use them, just check your paper and see how many people got stabbed last night.

Not everyone has the inclination to be confrontational
Old 19-03-2009, 03:28 PM   #72
Black F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
FFS, why would you have to front them when the whole clan is there? Why not do it during a quiet time?

Im not saying you would, but there is always the comeback
Old 19-03-2009, 03:29 PM   #73
Black F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6 FOON
Would be pretty stupid to beat up your neighbour in front of your own home now wouldn't it did anybody ever think of that, way to easy for the cops to nab you when they get there after you've been reported for assualt. IMO not to many people would be that stupid even the gen y's wouldn't be would they.

Im sure the neighbour wouldnt, but what about one of the mates
Old 19-03-2009, 03:30 PM   #74
Fireblade
Wizard Member

So say 5 were stabbed, were they all done by nieghbours because they made a complaint about some noise, IMO you must be one scared puppy mate.

See what all the hype about terrorism does to people...
Old 19-03-2009, 03:31 PM   #75
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
I do not know you, but its different these days, before you might get a kicking, no big deal, but they dont mess around these days, most of them carry knifes and arent afraid to use them, just check your paper and see how many people got stabbed last night.

Not everyone has the inclination to be confrontational
As I said before, there is no need to be confrontational. You can be non-confrontational yet be assertive.

I also doubt that you are going to cop a flogging/stabbing/shooting in front the house of the person who you've gone to have a chat to.

Btw in the 9 years of doing what I do I've never been stabbed/raped/beaten/shot.
Old 19-03-2009, 03:32 PM   #76
Bud Bud
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This maybe a civil matter but it still is a matter for the Police. (Hypothetically) what if it was an elderly lady in her 60-80's that is not well at the moment, or a single (scared) young mum with a sick child actually laid the original complaint? Surely people like this should not be condemned or criticised for calling the Police in to handle matters like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
I think the ever increasing amount of people who get stabbed, shot and bashed to death over trivial issues might put an element of apprehension in peoples minds too.....
Spot on!!! What about the poor fellow that died after a neighbour confronted him and consequently bashed him after getting into a "confrontatation" for watering his lawn during water restrictions in Sydney? I bet the misguided nosey neighbour actually thought he was doing us all a favour at the time as well. If I remember rightly the poor guy was not doing anything wrong because he had a permit but nonetheless he certainly did not need to die at the hand of a neighbour's confrontation anyway.

If the Police or in this case, the "right authority" was contacted in the first place, then this poor sole may still be alive today.
Old 19-03-2009, 03:34 PM   #77
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Quote:
Im sure the neighbour wouldnt, but what about one of the mates
exactly,, renter vs home owner... an egging, a missing letterbox, abuse at your kids... who knows ... The renter can up and move no biggie....

Old 19-03-2009, 03:35 PM   #78
Black F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6 FOON
So say 5 were stabbed, were they all done by nieghbours because they made a complaint about some noise, IMO you must be one scared puppy mate.

See what all the hype about terrorism does to people...
I personally would speak to him when he was alone, but not everyone is like that, people get intimidated, and what exactly does terrorism have to do with it, drawing a long bow there.
Old 19-03-2009, 03:36 PM   #79
Black F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
As I said before, there is no need to be confrontational. You can be non-confrontational yet be assertive.

I also doubt that you are going to cop a flogging/stabbing/shooting in front the house of the person who you've gone to have a chat to.

Btw in the 9 years of doing what I do I've never been stabbed/raped/beaten/shot.

So you were in law enforcement???

If so a bit different than joe average
Old 19-03-2009, 03:39 PM   #80
Bud Bud
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted
However most of the coments here are baging the mob out for not having any respect for there neighbors.

Where is the respect being shown from the neighbors that called the fuz.
Kinda says it all really.....
Old 19-03-2009, 03:39 PM   #81
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
So you were in law enforcement???

If so a bit different than joe average
Nope, just Security. And if a little bloke like me can do it, anyone can.

If you go over for a word and act like you are a decent person and don't go over making demands and just outline your problems I'm quite sure all will be well.
Old 19-03-2009, 03:41 PM   #82
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud Bud
Kinda says it all really.....
I don't get it.

Oo\===/oO
Old 19-03-2009, 03:41 PM   #83
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey fella's kids are trying to get to sleep any chance you guys could keep the volume down.
Would that be so hard and scary : , if it is call your mum im sure she would do it for you. The reason these blokes carry knives anyway cause there scared of getting hurt . We could always end up like america the land of the fear , were every carries a gun because there all scared . I say it once again harden the ...... up australia

And besides this is whats going on .

Quote:
we've gone off a bit guys! It's not like there is 20 cars ALL THE TIME. Weekends is when numbers go up. Weeknights about 8 max unless there's a day off work or something. Power tools are only used later at night if we get "on a roll" with a project. Very rarely, maybe 3 or 4 times in 6 months, have we used anything after 7.30pm. We are simply some mates having a good time, noise is generally kept to a minimal, I think it's just the car volumes on weekends we are getting hassled for. We have since vacated the home so my mate can sort everything out. We have also taken the opportunity to go around to the closest neighbours and offer an apology for disruption. So far it's ok, it's just the police we are peeved at, as they think we are ALL earning money from a chop shop??!
Old 19-03-2009, 03:41 PM   #84
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

You know what, hypothetically I think we are done with this one.
Closed Thread