Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-07-2013, 09:26 PM   #61
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 
Default Re: June 2013 Sales Figures

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadyFord View Post
Let's all get behind the Camry! Only locally-made car with any prospects of a future!
And its the only locally made car built off older Toyota / Lexus platforms (unlike the Falcon & Commodore).

Camry = Kit car! LOL
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2013, 09:30 PM   #62
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
I have a feeling that the V6 petrol is being dropped because of poor sales, buyers want diesel.
I'm not surprised, once hired one with box body on the back and the fuel economy, or should I say fuel addiction stunned me into poverty.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2013, 09:32 PM   #63
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
I'm not surprised, once hired one with box body on the back and the fuel economy, or should I say fuel addiction stunned me into poverty.
Like old Falcon V8s being drive hard, you could almost see the fuel needle moving lower...
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2013, 10:28 PM   #64
ravenhard

Quote:
Originally Posted by borough View Post
The V6 in the Hilux is being discontinued.
The V6 is not being discontinued. Some variants of the hilux that come with the v6 and don't sell much is being discontinued. So much misinformation here!

http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/t...627-2oz8f.html

Quote:
The models that contribute to the bulk of V6 HiLux sales - the 4x2 V6 extra-cab pick-up SR (auto), 4x2 V6 double-cab pick-up SR and SR5 (auto), and the 4x4 V6 double-cab pick-up SR5 (auto) - have been retained.
ravenhard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2013, 11:02 PM   #65
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I'd have to disagree on the "better to drive", I still think the VW T5 is the best drive and throw 800kg in the back and a trailer carrying a 1200kg load so nearing 4500 GMV and it doesn't raise a sweat and still gets 12L/100km. Sure the VW is expensive to maintain however when you're in the drivers seat 8 hours a day I'll take the German any day.
+1. Fully agree here. I have a 2012 T5 myself and I found it a lot better to drive than the Iload. Just more refined and car-like to drive. I personally didn't bother with a Hiace, they are as boring as a box of rocks.
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2013, 07:15 AM   #66
GQ_Smooth
Long live the inline 6

Quote:
I'd have to disagree on the "better to drive", I still think the VW T5 is the best drive and throw 800kg in the back and a trailer carrying a 1200kg load so nearing 4500 GMV and it doesn't raise a sweat and still gets 12L/100km. Sure the VW is expensive to maintain however when you're in the drivers seat 8 hours a day I'll take the German any day.
I've personally never driven the VW offering, only going on what our techs/mechanics tell me (I'll take your word on it being a better drive), we had VW's 3+ years ago. The reliability and maintenance expenses was astronomical, only the Renault was worse with reliability. We would constantly have vans off the road waiting on parts from Germany 2-3 weeks on average (working in a similar industry I can get a part from Sweden to Melbourne within 3 working days on a warranty issues, 2-3 weeks for a stocked item overseas is not acceptable customer service, I know what my customers would tell me if I told them that, I cannot reward this lever of service with continued business). I don't want to bad mouth a brand due to my bad experience, but a lot of things need to change before I put my lively hood in VW Australia's hands.

Hers
BFII Ghia
GQ_Smooth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2013, 08:55 AM   #67
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT View Post
The sales figures dont lie though... People will believe what they are lead to. Ford cant supply enough Rangers, they will never sell 5000 per month with their current allocation from Thailand.
This part annoys me. This was been the story for 12-18 months!! When is it going to get better & if there is no increased allocation coming anytime soon, why in gods names can't they build this thing in Melbourne?

I'm sick to death of hearing supply issues when Ford is closing a plant here in Australia that could be helping with supply!!

Ford talks about the cost of building stuff here, what about the cost of losing sales because you can't supply enough cars?
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 04-07-2013, 09:07 AM   #68
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619 View Post
This part annoys me. This was been the story for 12-18 months!! When is it going to get better & if there is no increased allocation coming anytime soon,
Apparently the wait for certain ranger models is getting worse.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:18 AM   #69
Pepscobra
Call me dirt... Joe Dirt

Falcon and Territory numbers anyone please?
I'll hazard a guess and say Falcon 960 and Terry 1300.
2007 BFII FPV Cobra Ute|Boss 302|6M|#23/100
Mods so far:
Billet Products Shifter|X-Force Exhaust|Herrod Oil Breathers|Whiteline Sway Bar|Tein SuperStreets|Kings FOR-303SL Rear Springs|Melling Oil Pump|Mace Manifold Spacers|Powerbond Underdrives|Pacemaker Headers|Ballistic Cats|XFT Custom Tune @ 308.3rwkw|DBA T3 Rotors|Ferodo Pads|Goodridge Braided Lines
Mods to come:
4.11 Diff Gears|Chromoly Tailshaft
I use & recommend:
Castrol|Motorcraft|Mainlube|Penrite

Check Out My Build Thread
Pepscobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2013, 09:38 AM   #70
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619 View Post
This part annoys me. This was been the story for 12-18 months!! When is it going to get better & if there is no increased allocation coming anytime soon, why in gods names can't they build this thing in Melbourne?

I'm sick to death of hearing supply issues when Ford is closing a plant here in Australia that could be helping with supply!!

Ford talks about the cost of building stuff here, what about the cost of losing sales because you can't supply enough cars?
Better to move every unit you have and miss out on some sales, than to have stock sitting around.
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 04-07-2013, 10:48 AM   #71
MrZ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
I have a feeling that the V6 petrol is being dropped because of poor sales, buyers want diesel.
According to this poll here, 34% of ute buyers still want petrol:

Seems like the Ford Ranger is missing out on a huge chunk of sales there.

As also mentioned in the article, the V6 engine is *not* being discontinued, so the Hilux continues to offer the broadest range of models.
MrZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2013, 11:06 AM   #72
SumoDog68
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hilux sells on reputation. It is a long running nameplate that represents toughness , ruggedness and reliability . Toyota dealership coverage is great , cars are popular which in turn means there is lot of aftermarket support for it as well. Current Hilux is technologically behind the leaders in the segment but it is still a best seller . Imagine what will happen once they introduce a new model with up to date engines and transmissions ...
SumoDog68 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 04-07-2013, 11:07 AM   #73
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZ View Post
According to this poll here, 34% of ute buyers still want petrol:

Seems like the Ford Ranger is missing out on a huge chunk of sales there.
Ranger comes with a petrol motor...
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2013, 11:16 AM   #74
BroadyFord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepscobra View Post
Falcon and Territory numbers anyone please?
I'll hazard a guess and say Falcon 960 and Terry 1300.
I'd say Falcon >700 and Terri >1000
BroadyFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2013, 11:23 AM   #75
MrZ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin View Post
I never said it didn't. But without an automatic or V6, it's petrol engine is largely a failure. Even compared to Hilux's 2.7L, it's weak. Too bad, considering they could have used the brilliant V6 Ecoboost.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:26 AM   #76
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
But isn't that a 2.5L 4 cylinder?

I'm just wondering if Ranger is missing out on sales without a decent sized petrol engine in it, like the Cyclone V6, direct injection is available and in the standard form, I think is good for 200kw and 340nm. Would probably respond well to LPG as well.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2013, 11:32 AM   #77
MrZ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
But isn't that a 2.5L 4 cylinder?

I'm just wondering if Ranger is missing out on sales without a decent sized petrol engine in it, like the Cyclone V6, direct injection is available and in the standard form, I think is good for 200kw and 340nm. Would probably respond well to LPG as well.
Good engine but the V6 Ecoboost is even better, with 270 kW and 569 Nm and using only a little more fuel than the Cyclone, which has only 377 Nm.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:37 AM   #78
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Amorak, Triton, Navara, Colorado nor Dmax come with a high spec petrol motor either.

I imagine there is a possibility that the Ranger might get an Ecoboost at its next update?
But it would probably be the new 2.3L engine, I doubt we'll see the V6.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2013, 11:44 AM   #79
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZ
Good engine but the V6 Ecoboost is even better, with 270 kW and 569 Nm and using only a little more fuel than the Cyclone, which has only 377 Nm.
Fleet and courier operators don't want an expensive twin turbo petrol engine to license, insure and run. And purchase for that matter. If it had to be an Ecoboost, they would be better off with the 2.7 that is in development.

Quote:
Amorak, Triton, Navara, Colorado nor Dmax come with a high spec petrol motor either.

I imagine there is a possibility that the Ranger might get an Ecoboost at its next update?
But it would probably be the new 2.3L engine, I doubt we'll see the V6.
But look at their sales compared with the Hilux - it's Hilux first, daylight second, and everybody else (without a V6) third.

I don't care if the Ranger has a V6 or not, I'd buy the 3.2 diesel if I was buying, I just want the Ranger to knock the Hilux off it's perch. Even better if it was made here.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Old 04-07-2013, 11:47 AM   #80
MrZ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Fleet and courier operators don't want an expensive twin turbo petrol engine to license, insure and run. And purchase for that matter. If it had to be an Ecoboost, they would be better off with the 2.7 that is in development.
That's just the thing. Whoever is first in introducing a performance V6 engine will gain sales from private buyers / personal users. Utes in this country still have such a fleet stigma. At least 9 out of 10 I see on the road have some sort of company name on them or are obviously used by businesses. A 10 year old ute is not exactly a popular choice for a P plater, but with a 270 kW V6 in it and some sporty styling? I see it taking off.

As for why Hilux sells - it has proven long-term reliability. The new Ranger has only been out for 2 years so who knows how it will fare in the long term? The Ranger name itself has only been out for 6 years, which is not even as long as the current generation Hilux.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:33 PM   #81
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Why weren't the figures rdmr posted left in?

EDIT:

Falcon 1169
Falcon ute 602
Territory 1574.

Blam.

Last edited by Road_Warrior; 04-07-2013 at 12:44 PM.
5 users like this post:
Old 04-07-2013, 12:49 PM   #82
Pepscobra
Call me dirt... Joe Dirt

Quote:
Falcon 1169
Falcon ute 602
Territory 1574.
Awesome, much better than expected!
Mods so far:
Billet Products Shifter|X-Force Exhaust|Herrod Oil Breathers|Whiteline Sway Bar|Tein SuperStreets|Kings FOR-303SL Rear Springs|Melling Oil Pump|Mace Manifold Spacers|Powerbond Underdrives|Pacemaker Headers|Ballistic Cats|XFT Custom Tune @ 308.3rwkw|DBA T3 Rotors|Ferodo Pads|Goodridge Braided Lines
Mods to come:
I use & recommend:

Old 04-07-2013, 12:57 PM   #83
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Yep falcon had a good month considering!!
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2013, 01:03 PM   #84
Pepscobra
Call me dirt... Joe Dirt

At this rate of $3,500 units/month, could this justify Ford continuing with local production?
so much uncertainty in the future, especially with the $AUD. Imports could easily become more expensive, making the locals that bit more competitive.
Mods so far:
Mods to come:
I use & recommend:

Old 04-07-2013, 01:23 PM   #85
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Any numbers on the rest of the Ford range?
XtRmn8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2013, 01:27 PM   #86
GQ_Smooth
Long live the inline 6

Never thought I'd see the day when 1100 falcon sales per month was a relatively good month.

Fingers crossed it holds up till the update.

Hers
BFII Ghia
Old 04-07-2013, 01:32 PM   #87
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ_Smooth View Post
Never thought I'd see the day when 1100 falcon sales per month was a relatively good month.

EOFY. So it normally spikes in June as Ford put money into deals so they can get rid of them. Expect to go back to 700,400 for Falcon/Ute.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:37 PM   #88
GQ_Smooth
Long live the inline 6

Good point, never saw any advertising for EOFY on the Falcons (just the Euro's), so didn't think they had any special deals available.

Hers
BFII Ghia
Old 04-07-2013, 01:42 PM   #89
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:

A couple of motoring crapmakers claimed that after the closure announcement, people started making a run on dealers to order Falcons. There could be some truth in that, but I think EOFY incentives probably had more to do with it than anything.

Old 04-07-2013, 02:11 PM   #90
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Quote:
Good point, never saw any advertising for EOFY on the Falcons (just the Euro's), so didn't think they had any special deals available.
5 year factory warranty with both Sedan and ute.

This month is free servicing for 3 years OR 45,000k's for both ute and sedan.