Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > B Series.com.au > B Series.com.au Events and Meets

B Series.com.au Events and Meets All the B Series Social Gatherings

Old 11-07-2007, 10:17 AM   #61
Grum
Bringing the Spartan back

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Well it’s a rainy and miserable day in old Sydney town today. Very foggy over the harbour this morning and still drizzling now.

East Coast Suspensions
Road - Race - Performance & Prestige Car Service

BOSS 5.4L Silicon hose kits for sale
BA/BF FPV parts for sale

The only negative thing in your life should be camber

Blue Power Racing Enhanced
Chris & Craig - Thanks!
Grum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2007, 12:16 PM   #62
Ruger
Bseries Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives
AFF badly needs more Falcon owners like yourself.

Too right. There are too many great cars these days you can't only admire one brand/one model of cars... 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, 16 cyl. inline, straight, V, W, turbo, NA, Japanese, European, American, Australian....I LOVE em all.

you love em all? you missed out 3 cyl diahatsu powahhhhh! :P im in the same boat as falc'man really got a soft spot for ford but every car has their own thing
soft spot for high revving na powahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

will be a good night lots off intergroup aff action going on. i'll be there wont be racing. yeeeeeeeha

Only those that attempt the absurd achieve the impossible.

Serviced and maintained by Mascot Auto Repairs
Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2007, 02:05 PM   #63
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

I be there tonight guys..

For those that have being around here long time, you will know that NSW has always being lack lustre for events and social activites, across the board.

Last few months NSW events have come a long way, and it is great to see the common interest and passion come from many people.

Falc'man is right, no matter what it is, we all have the same passion or interest, FORD.

I say lets not spoil a good thing, and lets make it bigger and better.

Although having said that, I say roll on the shyte and sledging.. I have to admit, you Euro guys dish it very nicely.. Always good to see a different perspective of the same debate. : :evil3:

Hey, as long as the 4's, 6's and T are hanging it on the wee8's it's aaaaaalllll ggggooooddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2007, 04:05 PM   #64
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

A Fords a Ford :P
We all hang on each other but its fairly harmless (at least at the NSW meets).
Maybe I should bring the Fiesta to race tonight as a sign of good faith? :P

Looks fairly clear down here, but I cant work out WSIDs automated answering machine, so i'll just rock up anyway.
Any of the blokes coming through to spectate want to follow one of the racers through, that way you can park your car in the pits, and you get to follow us up to the line to watch. + Free funky wristband. Same price as spectators ticket aswell.
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2007, 04:09 PM   #65
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

Clay,

Meet at 4:30 pm at KK's huntingwood.
4 Healey Circuit Huntingwood.

I be there

Cheers
Ben

Old 11-07-2007, 04:26 PM   #66
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

Change of plans, I can't pick up a Helmet until 5. So I'll be there a little bit later.
Would someone who gets there earlier mind messaging me and letting me know if it looks busy or not? If it's going to be a full house I wont run the risk with the trans.
Mob is 0421 421 621

Cheers,
Clay.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:01 PM   #67
photn
AFF Post NAZI

BOOMSHAKALA it was AIGHT!.. not bad....

gotta love Bseries BS.....

its even evident in real life....

had a great time meeting you all... had fun.... was good to see the different bseries cars....i have already forgotten half your names so forgive me....

i had such a good time cruising home....... roundabouts are funnn.. hehehehehe at the speed limit of course.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2007, 11:40 PM   #68
Ruger
Bseries Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
BOOMSHAKALA it was AIGHT!.. not bad....

gotta love Bseries BS.....

its even evident in real life....

had a great time meeting you all... had fun.... was good to see the different bseries cars....i have already forgotten half your names so forgive me....

i had such a good time cruising home....... roundabouts are funnn.. hehehehehe at the speed limit of course.
yer, speed limit aye.... its only about as the fez can get to :P

yer was a good night conditions were shoddy no one had traction, good to meet the new faces. Good AFF turnout all round.

Congrats to Stav!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeeeeeeha

Old 12-07-2007, 12:23 AM   #69
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

Congrats to Stav and Congrats to Master G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For those who were left.
Great night, good to meet a few new faces and nice to see the Fez blokes come down and watch.
Didn't beat the PB, but congrats to those that did, no matter by how much!
15.3 was the best I could muster :( But it was great to get 5 runs in, and no more till trans cooler
Old 12-07-2007, 12:29 AM   #70
bigAl
THIS IS SPARTA!!

I matched my old pb that i did a while ago at wsid that was with race trim and slicks 14.2, tonight i matched that with full street trim and full tank of petrol but with slicks.
my run after that was quicker again, but the timing lights wernt working at the end of the track, anyway i did a 1.8 60ty, 5.7 330fter, i rekon its good for 14.0
Gonna go out next week.

I rekon with race trim i could get a 13.7 or lower, im all excited again to race and beat my pb.
bigAl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2007, 12:39 AM   #71
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

What an awesome night.Guys you are great!! Al your air pump had me set on a pb on my last run .I was running 10 psi and wondering why my car was doing the times.Last run had me on par for a 14.6 et and pb but the board wasnt working.60 foot went to 2.109 660 footer was 9.335 . The wagon was pulling 93.4 mph which is an improvement .

The best of all was me winning the quickest reaction time and $960 !! Reaction time was .000..heheh
It was good fun and I may sneak out again next month when the misfire issues are sorted.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2007, 12:47 AM   #72
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Congrats for winning the best reaction time.... i mean, what time can better a .000?

It was a fun night. Got to meet BigAl, Yousef (sp?) & the dude that drive a fairmont? (sorry didnt catch your name...Airmon?). I think I saw Bluhoon's Falcon in the car park (the number plate), parked next to a darkish (grey?) Falcon with BA GT's front bumper.

The joint cruise should be good... can't wait.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2007, 12:54 AM   #73
Ruger
Bseries Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives
Congrats for winning the best reaction time.... i mean, what time can better a .000?

It was a fun night. Got to meet BigAl, Yousef (sp?) & the dude that drive a fairmont? (sorry didnt catch your name...Airmon?). I think I saw Bluhoon's Falcon in the car park (the number plate), parked next to a darkish (grey?) Falcon with BA GT's front bumper.

The joint cruise should be good... can't wait.

lol the darkish grey falcon would be mine. yer it looks darkish grey in the night when you cant see the front end is actually matt black and the rest of the car is burgundy hehehe car looks tough at night

Old 12-07-2007, 01:36 AM   #74
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigAl
Gonna go out next week.
hmmm... thats what I want to do.
Pity about my last run.... I managed 0.000 et... thats faster than the speed of light... technically speaking... ... it felt like a good run. It launched pretty well at just under 2000rpm and at 9deg I'm sure the car had a high 14.7 in it.

That brings me to my next point... I'll seeya there next week Al.

Managed a pb, 14.846@94.42mph on the third run. Thats only 0.027 better than when the car was stock :
Old 12-07-2007, 01:44 AM   #75
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

You done real well Youseff. All the guys did well.Sometimes .3 to .4 of a second is hiding in the strangest of places. I reinstalled my intake pipe ,corrected the dangerous tyre pressures and would have run a 14.5 to 14.6 but for the score board.At the 600 footer I was .268 of a second quicker than my 14.9 run and the gap was closing exponentially from the 60 footer to 330 then 660 . Just using that figure it would have been a 14.664 if the board worked. I looked around to show the guys but realised it was already hometime.Your car is good for a 14.5 1/4 mile.Just needs to launch harder then tyres stick you can do it.

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Old 12-07-2007, 01:50 AM   #76
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stav
You done real well Youseff. All the guys did well.Sometimes .3 to .4 of a second is hiding in the strangest of places. I reinstalled my intake pipe ,corrected the dangerous tyre pressures and would have run a 14.5 to 14.6 but for the score board.At the 600 footer I was .268 of a second quicker than my 14.9 run and the gap was closing exponentially from the 60 footer to 330 then 660 . Just using that figure it would have been a 14.664 if the board worked. I looked around to show the guys but realised it was already hometime.Your car is good for a 14.5 1/4 mile.Just needs to launch harder then tyres stick you can do it.
In my dreams... the car is almost stock but I'll take your word for it haha. Very nice to meet you by the way. As well as Ben, Geoff (MasterG) and the Euro boys.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:18 AM   #77
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Like i said last night... you wouldnt get those problems with a EURO ford

Old 12-07-2007, 01:12 PM   #78
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

Was an awesome night, and great turnout too!!!!

Great to meet you euro guys too, you're as fiesty on forums as you are in life, i will say that....

Pity everyone had traction issues, and the damn left lane kept crashing out with timing... Got a few and Master G twice...

Youssef, great to finally meet you to. Stav, slapper bar mate, and a big ignition and 13.9 is yours mate!!!! Great to see your progress on the wagon, thats for sure!

Clay & Al some impressive numbers as well, great to see you guys racing. Matt I believe had some fun as well!!

Favourite thing about last night? Have to be the vid below.

Awesome car Mater G, really is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cMv5zb22Pk

Cheers

Old 12-07-2007, 02:14 PM   #79
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehoon
Was an awesome night, and great turnout too!!!!

Great to meet you euro guys too, you're as fiesty on forums as you are in life, i will say that....

Pity everyone had traction issues, and the damn left lane kept crashing out with timing... Got a few and Master G twice...

Youssef, great to finally meet you to. Stav, slapper bar mate, and a big ignition and 13.9 is yours mate!!!! Great to see your progress on the wagon, thats for sure!

Clay & Al some impressive numbers as well, great to see you guys racing. Matt I believe had some fun as well!!

Favourite thing about last night? Have to be the vid below.

Awesome car Mater G, really is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cMv5zb22Pk

Cheers
nothing compared to the smoke from a fez mate heheheheheheheheheheheheh

Old 12-07-2007, 02:56 PM   #80
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
nothing compared to the smoke from a fez mate heheheheheheheheheheheheh
Or an un controllable bowel movement.

Was great to put some names to faces. You all seem like a great bunch, and hopefully we will see more of each other at the combined cruise next month. Hmm would have loved to see a Fiesta vs Falcon drag at WSID, but if anyones game in september id be happy to put my rocket on the line, but only for giggles not braggin rights. heheh.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:46 PM   #81
J_Tank
Bring on the Boss

will have to turn up early or at least get someones phone number next time Grrrrrr!!
Some good runs though guys and well done to Stav on his perfect reation time!
J_Tank is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2007, 07:03 PM   #82
Stav
Smile

Thanks John

Old 12-07-2007, 08:40 PM   #83
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeh awsome work there Stav, dont see a .000 light to often mate. Very profitable night for you hey. :
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2007, 10:58 PM   #84
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_xr6t
will have to turn up early or at least get someones phone number next time Grrrrrr!!
Some good runs though guys and well done to Stav on his perfect reation time!
Where were you?
Old 13-07-2007, 09:54 AM   #85
FAT-51X
Fat Kids Are Cool

The "Hello D!*khead" award for the night goes to ..................................

ME

there was a reason why my car wasnt going any faster than last time.. even though i had the flash tuner through it.. it wasnt a bad tune, it wasnt my launch, it wasnt my tyre pressure..

it was the fact that i had the factory tune in.. not the 98 generic..

when simon and i grabbed lunch i "thought" id flashed in the 98 tune, all the lights did what they were supposed to. but when i went to flash it back to factory this morning.. when it foirst powered up, it said that the "Factory tune" was the one i was running.

NOT HAPPY JAN... hahahah idiot.. so i got a PB of 15.13 @ 94.99mph WITHOUT a generic tune..

ZF 6 speed
Process West Turbo Side intake
FG F6 Cooler

232rwkw
PB: 12.87 @ 108mph (Stock) at WSID

Last edited by FAT-51X; 13-07-2007 at 09:59 AM.
FAT-51X is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2007, 10:27 AM   #86
bigAl
THIS IS SPARTA!!

damm that is frustrating, ahh well, progress is progress none the less.

Are you going to get a custom tune soon?
bigAl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2007, 01:15 PM   #87
FAT-51X
Fat Kids Are Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigAl
damm that is frustrating, ahh well, progress is progress none the less.

Are you going to get a custom tune soon?
Not for a bit mate.. just bought a house and rego coming up and yeah.. no spare funds atm.. so wont be for a while.. so next WSID run WILL have the 98 tune in.. and HOPEFULLY be in the 14s..

but no custom tune for a while which sux..

ZF 6 speed
Process West Turbo Side intake
FG F6 Cooler

232rwkw
PB: 12.87 @ 108mph (Stock) at WSID
FAT-51X is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2007, 07:13 PM   #88
J_Tank
Bring on the Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmon
Where were you?
Up on the hill with the plebs lol couldn't stick around for long anyways.. long day early start etc... saw a coupla passes by an icemint falcon with P plates tho :... not bad mate, not bad!
J_Tank is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2007, 09:36 PM   #89
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

Shoulda come down to the pits mate, I had multiple orgasms just standing near Master Gs ride.
Old 13-07-2007, 09:40 PM   #90
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmon
Shoulda come down to the pits mate, I had multiple orgasms just standing near Master Gs ride.

Now I know why you bought the chips and coke....