Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-09-2016, 05:43 PM   #61
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Default Re: 5yr performs burnout on private property. Car seized

The police can act under EPA laws and charge the owner of the vehicle for making excessive noise (not to mention smoke) on private property. I was recently reading the judgments from a case at the supreme court of SA where a young woman was playing loud music in the early hours of the morning on a weeknight and refused to turn down the music. The police were legally allowed to enter her house and arrest her and she was charged under laws relating to the EPA.

I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up charging the guy in this video under EPA laws, not to mention that you can be charged with dangerous/reckless driving on private property anyway so that's probably why they confiscated the car. Don't underestimate the power that the police have been given via the laws & regulations of the EPA.
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2016, 06:50 PM   #62
Blue Roo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard-Dog View Post

I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up charging the guy in this video under EPA laws, not to mention that you can be charged with dangerous/reckless driving on private property anyway so that's probably why they confiscated the car. Don't underestimate the power that the police have been given via the laws & regulations of the EPA.
The State Government is the Evil Empire. And the fun Police are the Darth Vader's of the State.
Blue Roo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-09-2016, 11:45 PM   #63
xtremerus
FG XR6T trayback

Why do people care.
Because of social media, everyone can see what anyone is doing in the world.
Without it, on-one knows.
Have you been affected by this incident personally?
I haven't.
And I don't care.
No-one was hurt.
I don't care.
Lots of people need to get a life and not worry about some silly video and sort your own lives out.
But don't record all the things that you have done in your life, as sure as hell, some-one in this world will be offended by it.
And tell you so by social media.
xtremerus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 30-09-2016, 07:19 AM   #64
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremerus View Post
Why do people care.
Because of social media, everyone can see what anyone is doing in the world.
Without it, on-one knows.
Have you been affected by this incident personally?
I haven't.
And I don't care.
No-one was hurt.
I don't care.
Lots of people need to get a life and not worry about some silly video and sort your own lives out.
But don't record all the things that you have done in your life, as sure as hell, some-one in this world will be offended by it.
And tell you so by social media.
If Social Media sucks so bad I can only assume this is you final post on this forum and you are now busy sorting out your own life....

Funny being critical of people being judgemental on social media by being critical and judgemental on social media.
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 30-09-2016, 10:27 AM   #65
xtremerus
FG XR6T trayback

I'm not a hermit.
But it is the modern world.
We just need to be less critical of other people
xtremerus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: