Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-10-2006, 08:13 PM   #61
ThoR_
Holdens Fall Apart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmat2391
Behind that fibro wall was about 500 ltr of thinners and other combustible chemicals.
holy krap.
Old 18-10-2006, 10:26 PM   #62
McobraR
me may my mo

Stupidest thing i've ever done? never ask this good looking girl out even tho she made it soooo obvious that she liked me. reason? i was too effing shy! Still havent gone over it, and its been over 6 years.
McobraR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2006, 01:31 PM   #63
NGN 351
FoMoCo Fan

Default Not me but I know someone who...

This guy I know got so drunk : that when he got home he decided he needed to do a dump. Problem was he stubled into the laundry and thought it was the toilet. :

He proceeds to open the lid of the washing machine...you know the rest.

Dad hears son in laundry grunting, gets out of bed, turns laundry light on !!!

Pants around ankles, son cant figure out why his dad is watching him take a dump.

A few heated words, : son is dealing with it the next morning :
NGN 351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2006, 01:41 PM   #64
FRDPWR
416w 10.5@127mph

i did the same thng but i was wearing a singlet. lucky me i was able to walk afte r it. but the most stupied thing i did was a few doa;s in a service station between the pumps, that was back in my young days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Freak
Rode a motorbike in only a t-shirt, shorts and thongs and had a crash which should have broken my neck and left me in a wheel chair.
FF
FRDPWR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2006, 01:47 PM   #65
Dazza TT
Now Prado Powered

Drove my old mans work ute (Small Suzuki 4x4 Ute) into a melon hole in black soil country out west, getting it bogged up to the axles. Was 15 and learning to drive.
Didn't see it for the high grass. Had about 30cm of water in it too.
Then I had to call him up on the UHF and tell him to bring a shovel to get us out.
His boss was on the same channel, and never let me forget it!
Old 19-10-2006, 02:03 PM   #66
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

When I was a kid, I used to collect little electric motors to put in model aircraft. One day I got an old power cord from a junked appliance and connected it straight to a tiny motor and plugged it into the mains (no transformer). The thing blew up right in my hands/face and scared the crap out of me. I don't know how I wasn't electrocuted.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2006, 02:06 PM   #67
Spotty

Years ago I raced an amber light at 5am on a sunday morning. There were 3 car at the intersection. 2 of the cars were waiting to do right hand turns on opposite sides of the intersection. The oncoming car was the deputy police commissioners ride which I hit head on. The other car waiting to turn was a police van............ The best thing was... I only got done for not wearing a P plate....(which I did have on the front of my car) cos the coppers couldnt find it amongst the wreckage. How did I get off so easily? Straight after the accident I jumped out my car went up to the driver of the third car said to him...did you see that...those bloody coppers werent paying attention, they were busy waving to each other. This guy it turns out was a lawyer who hated traffic cops and became my star witness.
Spotty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2006, 11:39 PM   #68
Shoofty_As
Got Any Lollies??

Drilled a hole in an EA plastic fuel tank of a car I was scrapping (bit of fuel for the mower and whipper snipper).. with a cordless drill, I thought to myself this could be dangerous, but my brothers done it heaps of times... DON'T DO IT !!!

Two fire extinguishers later and I got the streaming flow of petrol out..kept on lighting itself on fire coz of the constant flow of burning, streaming petrol.

Lucky the tank was half full, coz if it ran out no doubt the vapour would have went kaboom !!! had nice hairless arms afterwards but haha..
Old 20-10-2006, 02:00 AM   #69
SPK-250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

weekend just gone up at a mates farm at Robertstown in the states mid-north we were camping out for the night with a bonny, rally cars and stuff. Mate put petrol on pile of sticks so we could get the fire going and i bent down with a lighter to ahh light it and what i did not realsie was the wind was blowing my way! The lighter didn't even light but the spark frome the flint was enough to set it going. Next thing i know i'm feeling a lot hotter than i should have! I ran away and realised i was half okay and turned around to see the missus, my mate and his missus and 3 other mates were stunned and ready to douse me in water. I now have no hair on either arm, both legs, my facial hair got singed and my fingers on my right arm have some nasty burns. lucky i had my sunnies on too because you can see where it tanned my skin on wy face around the sunnies, otherwise i might have no eyes now! After a swin in Burra creek and a few of West Ends finest, it ended up being on okay evening.

P.S i thought it would be best not to put me out if need be with water due to the water restrictions as it was after 8 am and before 8 pm.
Old 20-10-2006, 02:51 AM   #70
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've done lots of dumb stuff really, i'll grow up one day.

One of my favourites though is my mate who put a deodorant can in the fire.. It didn't explode for ages so he put his face right up to it and poked it. The thing blew up and singed all the hair on his face/head and he couldn't hear anything for a while, haha.

Me and my mates used to make rockets out of sparklers, petrol and a few other things.. set a tree or two on fire with those..

I also drunk two and a bit straight bottles of booze (two 700ml southerns, and about a 1/4 of a canadian), plus mixers and shots throughout the night on my 18th. I don't remember much of that night, lol.

Then a couple weeks ago my mate said I couldn't hold down half a bottle of southern if I skulled it... He was right, lol. It hit me after a few minutes. I don't think the cowboys and other strange milk/gay beverages helped.

Umm, when we were up at philip island we were doing tequila slammers. Everyone else did shots and me being a little tipsy did a whole mug full of tequila and a tiny bit of juice.. That was a ***** to hold down and pretty dumb, even dumber was I did it twice! I ended up in the ocean/on the beach that night =/

Latest stupid thing would be for much up day yesterday I wrapped myself from head to toe in bubble wrap.. That was farkin hot and stupid, lol.
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2006, 10:45 AM   #71
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Stupidist thing i have probably done , and nearlly killed myself in the process (when i was around 14 )... was messing around learning the theory of capacitors, i made a homemade capacitor using the paper plates and tinfoil setup, except i used about 20 extra plates than advised and got the shock of my life.
I have been shocked by 240v and 3phase and neither of them come close to the shock i got from the DIY capacitor !
It probably explains why im not quite right these days ..lol

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2006, 04:39 PM   #72
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Not me but a guy I used to work with was cutting up some wood with a circular saw, using his foot to hold the wood while he cut it. The wood slipped and three of his toes decided to jump ship.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2006, 06:30 PM   #73
kraddy
Trying to keep license

Wrapped the rope around my hand in a match of tug-of-war. Broke ring fringer in 5 places and little finger in 4... ouch!

222.3 RWKW
kraddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2006, 11:28 PM   #74
iCat
doof doof doof doof

15 foot up a tree cutting a branch off. Unfortunately I was sitting on the branch I was cutting ...... and yeah, I am blonde!
iCat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2006, 11:35 PM   #75
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCat
15 foot up a tree cutting a branch off. Unfortunately I was sitting on the branch I was cutting ...... and yeah, I am blonde!
I thought that only happened in cartoons !!! :
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2006, 11:35 PM   #76
samftr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

LOL at the blonde comment
I put an LED in a powerpoint over the top of mums washing machine when I was 15 or so and turned the powerpoint on with a broom handle. and after regaining my sight luckily and my hearing stopped ringing after the LED went Ferken *BOOM* I noticed melted bits of LED leg in mums hoover washing machine lid... thought GEE that could have HURT my eye.

Felcen!
samftr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2006, 11:51 PM   #77
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Great tech articles and assistance to all in the Classics arena. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
That's nothing. I joined the army. Twice.
Ditto. Stood by the door, bed space 23, with sheets around my neck in my jocks at 6am at Kapooka aged 30. Bloody Idiot. That morning routine SUCKS.
JG66ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2006, 12:00 AM   #78
gtfpv
GT

not the stupidist thing i've done . wont tell here . but one of them was 18 years ago went to melbourne for new years eve . i sprained my ankle tripping over at a concert . a few beers later and a big fat chick asked if she could sit on my shoulders . i agreed . couldnt feel a thing the next 3 days i couldn't get out of the tent . foot like a football.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2006, 11:33 AM   #79
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One that haunts me still. Car full of friends mates car in front on country road I decide to overtake mate on a blind corner, also couldnt see the sharp rise after said corner and was still on wrong side of the road going over top of rise. There was silence for the rest of the journey. What an Fwit. It even beat rolling a car in a local park the first day I had my license.
Old 21-10-2006, 07:30 PM   #80
Rob
Living the dream

Girlfriends 19th, got a bit too excited, drank 2 700ml bottles of bundy in about 2 hours, spent rest of night vomiting and coughing. Felt horrible for 3 days.

Other stupidity, trying to explain oversteer to ex girlfriend in VP commy on wet roads. Ended up about .05cm from a lightpole.
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2006, 08:58 PM   #81
chich
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've done heaps of stupid things but the dumbest would have to be when i got absolutely hammered before a 18hr flight back to Melbourne. I figured the last night of a 3 month tour of Europe was something to celebrate, so off i went to the local club with a few friends and cousins. One of my cousins worked behind the bar and kept feeding me drinks all night - before i knew it i had finished a bottle of Johnnie red by myself (straight!). Got home at 4am, spewed everywhere, slept in my own filth and then got on a plane at 10am with a mother of a hangover. Never again!

Its a miracle that i got home... the whole town is built on very mountainous terrain (read: Rock hard steps/slopes and 6m drops everywhere).
chich is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2006, 09:18 PM   #82
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoR_
Me and a mate of mine were in his VL doing about 140-150 in the rain when he first got his car as you do when your that young and dumb. Went around a slight bend but his rear tyres were bold and the back slid out he just managed to get it back.

We have been talking about that night to this day and what would of happened if all those big gum trees on the other side of the road would of jumped out.
Not everyone is young and dumb when they first get their license
poolkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 04:02 PM   #83
ef_classic
Banned

One day i set our paddock on fire, another time i electrocuted my sister.
Reached the speed limiter on my car in a stupid place.
Lots of other dumb things you do when you are young.
ef_classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 04:46 PM   #84
ThoR_
Holdens Fall Apart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samftr
LOL at the blonde comment
I put an LED in a powerpoint over the top of mums washing machine when I was 15 or so and turned the powerpoint on with a broom handle. and after regaining my sight luckily and my hearing stopped ringing after the LED went Ferken *BOOM* I noticed melted bits of LED leg in mums hoover washing machine lid... thought GEE that could have HURT my eye.
whats the heck why would u do that lol
Old 22-10-2006, 05:13 PM   #85
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Working in Geelong one night, get a call to attend on the Colac Road, for a power line or similiar down, this is nightshift btw. Get there, see a black cable hanging down from a pole and go and grab it!!! This was after my partner had done so before me. Thank god for us the cable was not a power cable!! :
Old 22-10-2006, 08:55 PM   #86
HavocXR8
yay still alive

as i am stil younge there is to many dumb things to mention. one of them was drink driving and lighting up the falcons rear tyres in car park across the road from the cop station
never got caught though
HavocXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 09:07 PM   #87
AshMan
Girrrrr!!!

Would be a toss up between the following:

1) Changing an airfilter on an R31 skyrine, back of my hand must of touched the coil, BAM 30kV across the fingers, my hand shot up and put a dent in the bonnet!

2) Had these snobby old fart next door neighbours, the kind that rings the coppers if you look at them the wrong way, caused me thousands of $$$ fines (couldn't afford legal representation) saw them one day as I was pulling into the driveway pointing a video camera at me, slammed on the brakes, then floored it car went sideways and through a wooden fence, and big tree stump got stuck under the sump, these ******* standing there and filming the whole time, walked over and said, if you don't turn the camera off I'll turn it off, knocked the camera out of his hand and give him a black eye, took me to court (again) cut long story short case got thrown out I got compo and court costs.... still pretty stupid but meh

3) Buying three EA's!!!

oh and

4) Buying an EF XR with an auto box! Car is fine but the tranny is ****!!!

Heritage green, isn't that a fence paint?
AshMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 01:49 AM   #88
Boza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sleeping with future sister in-law at my sisters engagement then doin it again at her birthday.
sister and parets were not that impressed.
thats what alot of booze and thinking with your little fella does thoigh.
Boza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 12:53 PM   #89
jack_crowley

"2) Had these snobby old fart next door neighbours, the kind that rings the coppers if you look at them the wrong way, caused me thousands of $$$ fines (couldn't afford legal representation) saw them one day as I was pulling into the driveway pointing a video camera at me, slammed on the brakes, then floored it car went sideways and through a wooden fence, and big tree stump got stuck under the sump, these ******* standing there and filming the whole time, walked over and said, if you don't turn the camera off I'll turn it off, knocked the camera out of his hand and give him a black eye, took me to court (again) cut long story short case got thrown out I got compo and court costs.... still pretty stupid but meh"

I bloody hate nosey neighbours, had a couple here who caused me a lotta trouble, good on ya for giving him a black eye
jack_crowley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2006, 03:41 AM   #90
ThoR_
Holdens Fall Apart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshMan
Would be a toss up between the following:

2) Had these snobby old fart next door neighbours, the kind that rings the coppers if you look at them the wrong way, caused me thousands of $$$ fines (couldn't afford legal representation) saw them one day as I was pulling into the driveway pointing a video camera at me, slammed on the brakes, then floored it car went sideways and through a wooden fence, and big tree stump got stuck under the sump, these ******* standing there and filming the whole time, walked over and said, if you don't turn the camera off I'll turn it off, knocked the camera out of his hand and give him a black eye, took me to court (again) cut long story short case got thrown out I got compo and court costs.... still pretty stupid but meh
My mate had that with the nextdoor neighbour. So he krapped on a peice of paper and slid it off into his letter box. lol the young days