Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-02-2012, 07:07 PM   #61
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 
Default Re: Falcon Sales for 2012.... Predictions ?

FPV must be happy.. they have now moved to 10% of Falcons sales... whereas they use to be approximately 2.5%.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2012, 07:12 PM   #62
FacultY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
Thanks for more negatively. That article is from 2007. How does one even find an article like that? Does it give you joy to search for such things just to put under our noises??
haha something i did find funny in that article

"Ford Australia says it only has annual sales figures since 1980, when 53,755 Falcon sedans were sold. In 2001 and 2002, the final two years of the unloved AU Falcon series and the most recent low points, sales dropped to 53,534 and 54,629 respectively. At the time these numbers were deemed so weak some analysts wondered if the Falcon would die - or at the very least if the name would be changed."
Old 16-02-2012, 08:49 PM   #63
Spammy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Thanks for more negatively. That article is from 2007. How does one even find an article like that? Does it give you joy to search for such things just to put under our noises??
I did notice the 2007 date on that article - but thank you for reminding me. I thought it was topical as it highlighted that 5 years ago the sales numbers were slipping and that was a problem....remind me where they are now?

As for posting a negative article - well if I could find a positive article on the Falcon I would post it !
Spammy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2012, 09:11 PM   #64
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Its funny about the AU, it was very worrying at the time that it wasn't selling as well as Ford had hoped, but Ford and Holden would both kill for those sort of numbers now.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2012, 09:22 PM   #65
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spammy
I did notice the 2007 date on that article - but thank you for reminding me. I thought it was topical as it highlighted that 5 years ago the sales numbers were slipping and that was a problem....remind me where they are now?

As for posting a negative article - well if I could find a positive article on the Falcon I would post it !
There isn't one I agree.. But do we really need to bring 6 year old negative ones back to life?? Surely there is enough current ones you can use!!!!

But hey, all this negative crap is even starting to change my mind to "Falcon is died!!" Such ashame we might loss something with so much history & something I grew up loving. I might just keep my FG XR6T, it might be really worth something in 30 or 40 years time..
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2012, 01:04 AM   #66
z80
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by z80
12,000 units for 2012.

Changing my mind.

Now thinking 8,000 units.
z80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2012, 02:07 AM   #67
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by z80
Changing my mind.

Now thinking 8,000 units.
With four down days next month, that basically means 18 days production which
works out to 3762 vehicles, that's still like 1500 Falcon, 1500 Terry and 762 Ute..

Now February sales equal the above figures, then Ford will probably stay on 4-day weeks.

Not saying this will happen:
If it is significantly less, then Ford might look at a down balance and do four or five days weeks.
If Ford goes to 140 or 150/day, it could mean the engine plant closes and a switch to
corporate engines but that would only happen if EcoLPI was a colossal failure...

The above is purely supposition, I hope Falcon sales climb up to 1500/1800.

Last edited by jpd80; 17-02-2012 at 02:28 AM.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2012, 08:40 AM   #68
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Hopefully the 4 banger will lure some...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2012, 09:14 AM   #69
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And when do they start making EB4? To make an April launch don’t you need to start building in March? So why the down days in a month you "should" start building a new model? Kind of makes me think April has moved out again unfortunately for EB4. Falcon can't afford to have this engine continually move out. Heads should role with the lateness of this project. First it was Qtr4 2011, then Dec 2011, then Jan 2012 & now April 2012, what comes next?
Old 17-02-2012, 12:50 PM   #70
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
And when do they start making EB4? To make an April launch don’t you need to start building in March? So why the down days in a month you "should" start building a new model? Kind of makes me think April has moved out again unfortunately for EB4. Falcon can't afford to have this engine continually move out. Heads should role with the lateness of this project. First it was Qtr4 2011, then Dec 2011, then Jan 2012 & now April 2012, what comes next?
It is still on time as far as anyone knows, the problem is, 20 days production will produce too many vehicles. And as far as I know, they are already doing EB4 pre builds now.
A G8E would be good if Ford marketed squarely at Calais V8 owners. They need to bring back the walking fingers like in the initial FG ads, but this time have the fingers crushing Calais' as they walk along, with some relaxing background Led Zeppelin music and Marcos Ambrose in stubbies and singlet driving it.
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2012, 04:05 PM   #71
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobes32
It is still on time as far as anyone knows, the problem is, 20 days production will produce too many vehicles. And as far as I know, they are already doing EB4 pre builds now.
That is some good news I guess...

What is the difference between pre builds & just normal builds.. And what happens to pre build ones? Get these things out to dealers as demos & get the marketing campaign rolling!!

Times a ticking Ford, & I want another manual, RWD locally built Falcon to buy. Increased sales will help you get funding from HQ!!
Old 17-02-2012, 07:08 PM   #72
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobes32
Hence the talk of a down balance......
Old 17-02-2012, 07:39 PM   #73
burnz
VFII SS UTE

falcon 20,050 units
terry 15,850 units
ute 310 units
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2012, 09:41 PM   #74
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
With four down days next month, that basically means 18 days production which
works out to 3762 vehicles, that's still like 1500 Falcon, 1500 Terry and 762 Ute..

Now February sales equal the above figures, then Ford will probably stay on 4-day weeks.

Not saying this will happen:
If it is significantly less, then Ford might look at a down balance and do four or five days weeks.
If Ford goes to 140 or 150/day, it could mean the engine plant closes and a switch to
corporate engines but that would only happen if EcoLPI was a colossal failure...

The above is purely supposition, I hope Falcon sales climb up to 1500/1800.
I think part of the reason they are needing down days for March is because Ecoboost has been delayed. When the calender was done last year they would have pencilled in Ecoboost for late 2011 launch, with January usually being a quite month so February and March had been set up to run full Ecoboost production, hence why there are no days off in Feb and only public holiday in March. Not having Ecoboost has stuffed the numbers I think, hence the down days next month.

They wouldn't shut the engine plant now, 6 cylinders still make up the bulk of production numbers. Of the 200 or so cars Broady build at least 140 are 6's. It would also mean they would have to cut ute as it only uses a 6 except for GS. But i'm sure ute will probably be axed in 2014 anyway, I don't think they will give it the update.

I actually think Territory will come close to outselling Falcon this year, it has full order books and a solid waiting list, Falcon doesn't.
Old 17-02-2012, 09:53 PM   #75
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
I think part of the reason they are needing down days for March is because Ecoboost has been delayed. When the calender was done last year they would have pencilled in Ecoboost for late 2011 launch, with January usually being a quite month so February and March had been set up to run full Ecoboost production, hence why there are no days off in Feb and only public holiday in March. Not having Ecoboost has stuffed the numbers I think, hence the down days next month.
Infuriating

Quote:
They wouldn't shut the engine plant now, 6 cylinders still make up the bulk of production numbers. Of the 200 or so cars Broady build at least 140 are 6's. It would also mean they would have to cut ute as it only uses a 6 except for GS. But i'm sure ute will probably be axed in 2014 anyway, I don't think they will give it the update.
Fingers crossed that LPG hits and goes..

Quote:
I actually think Territory will come close to outselling Falcon this year, it has full order books and a solid waiting list, Falcon doesn't.
Wouldn't surprise but what then......
Does Territory then become the vehicle and Falcon an addition?
Old 17-02-2012, 11:08 PM   #76
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80

Wouldn't surprise but what then......
Does Territory then become the vehicle and Falcon an addition?
I think it already is. Falcon has become a red headed step child. Territory is a cash cow in that the bulk of sales are pricey TS and Titanium diesels. It seems like Ford are happy to push Territory to buyers but couldn't be stuffed with Falcon, its just too hard.

With the big order books for Territory i'm beginning to wonder wether they mix change the mix a bit and make more of them than Falcon. Have to see what Ecoboost does first I guess though.
Old 18-02-2012, 12:42 AM   #77
jixel 78

Quote:
That is some good news I guess...

What is the difference between pre builds & just normal builds.. And what happens to pre build ones? Get these things out to dealers as demos & get the marketing campaign rolling!!

Times a ticking Ford, & I want another manual, RWD locally built Falcon to buy. Increased sales will help you get funding from HQ!!

Whilst Australian jobs are, in general, a priority when my thinking comes to Fo Mo Co in Oz, I cant help but think, if youre the saviour for Falcon sales in Oz, and having driven every derivative of a manual Falcon since 1994, 6 cylinder and V8 variants, why you would request such a silly thing in 2012.
jixel 78 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2012, 01:07 AM   #78
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I think it already is. Falcon has become a red headed step child. Territory is a cash cow in that the bulk of sales are pricey TS and Titanium diesels. It seems like Ford are happy to push Territory to buyers but couldn't be stuffed with Falcon, its just too hard.

With the big order books for Territory i'm beginning to wonder wether they mix change the mix a bit and make more of them than Falcon. Have to see what Ecoboost does first I guess though.
Diesel Territory is selling well, I think Ford can do better with petrol version, work both sides of the street.
Get that price for RWD petrol down to $36,990 drive away and keep advertising it hard...
Take the pressure off Falcon to be the one carrying the load, let it find its feet with modest volume.

More petrol Territory volume would help stabilize Geelong and Broady production levels...
Old 18-02-2012, 09:43 AM   #79
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jixel 78
Whilst Australian jobs are, in general, a priority when my thinking comes to Fo Mo Co in Oz, I cant help but think, if youre the saviour for Falcon sales in Oz, and having driven every derivative of a manual Falcon since 1994, 6 cylinder and V8 variants, why you would request such a silly thing in 2012.
because i own one (fg) & want to buy a new one in 2016!!@
Old 18-02-2012, 09:55 AM   #80
whales
351 Cleveland:Pure Muscle

If they don't start marketing the Falcon they wont be selling any of them soon. I still have not seen an ad for the lpg falcon or for that matter an ad for any model falcon in months........Having said that I dont watch much TV and I might watch the wrong channels but would have thought I would have seen at least 1 ad for the FG mk11
Old 18-02-2012, 09:57 AM   #81
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by whales
If they don't start marketing the Falcon they wont be selling any of them soon. I still have not seen an ad for the lpg falcon or for that matter an ad for any model falcon in months........Having said that I dont watch much TV and I might watch the wrong channels but would have thought I would have seen at least 1 ad for the FG mk11
Ford is using newspaper advertising, that's an example of putting $$ to good use.
Check today's paper (Saturday) usually there's a half page ad with Ford's specials.
Old 18-02-2012, 10:40 AM   #82
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by whales
they run an add on foxtel every night for the fgII and it isnt to bad I will try to get a copy of it and post it here

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2012, 11:47 AM   #83
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Exclamation Re: Falcon Sales for 2012.... Predictions ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason[98.EL]
they run an add on foxtel every night for the fgII and it isnt to bad I will try to get a copy of it and post it here

Jason
Why not on free to air tv ????? not everyone has Foxtel !!!
Old 18-02-2012, 12:57 PM   #84
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Maybe they figure people with high disposable incomes are more likely to have Foxtel? Maybe Foxtel advertising is cheaper?

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2012, 01:31 PM   #85
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Focus
Maybe they figure people with high disposable incomes are more likely to have Foxtel? Maybe Foxtel advertising is cheaper?
it's a bit of both I think

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2012, 03:14 PM   #86
prydey
Rob

marketing = tv ads
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2012, 11:27 PM   #87
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Marketing for Falcon has meant TV ads for 50 years, why has that somehow changed now?

Before Ford covered all forms of media, newspapers, magazines, radio, internet. The only thing i've seen or heard for FGII is newspaper. You can't deny advertising levels have dropped massively.
Old 18-02-2012, 11:52 PM   #88
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Marketing for Falcon has meant TV ads for 50 years, why has that somehow changed now?

Before Ford covered all forms of media, newspapers, magazines, radio, internet. The only thing i've seen or heard for FGII is newspaper. You can't deny advertising levels have dropped massively.
I agree, a simple half news paper add is all Ford can give for a new series Falcon?? Just not close to being good enough if you ask me... I'm hoping they are saving there pennies for a huge EcoBoost launch & media campaign around that?? Here's hoping anyway..
Old 19-02-2012, 12:14 AM   #89
Daz XR8
Starter Motor

Hello everyone, just a quick note to say that I have just purchase and received a FG II G6E EcoLPi and it would have to be the best vehicle have driven, with the bonus of being able to fill the tank for under $60. I believe Ford Aust. will build around 45,000 cars in total, unless people are able to get the word out on how good these cars ready are. Waiting on advertising, when it is directed at mainly business is next to useless.
Love the site - great reading
Daz XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2012, 01:23 AM   #90
z80
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz XR8
Hello everyone, just a quick note to say that I have just purchase and received a FG II G6E EcoLPi and it would have to be the best vehicle have driven, with the bonus of being able to fill the tank for under $60. I believe Ford Aust.

LPG must be around a dollar a litre where you are?
z80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post