Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-08-2005, 08:26 AM   #61
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielXR8
Well it was a different dealer, but I lodged a written complaint after I had called them with the story about the treatment I got from Grant McCarroll Ford and got a quick call back, with a less than satisfactory answer. No action taken as far as I can tell to straighten the dealer out and certainly did not receive a thing back in writing. My neighbour also complained to Ford in writing over the same incident and received no reply of any kind.

So I would have to say from my and my neighbours experience that Ford Customer Care WILL NOT take action on a complaint.

Sorry, but not all of us have had a good enough answer from them. :(

Daniel
I see your point..

However, you have to start at the basic stuff, build up your case, and then take them to the cleaners.

If you still are not happy with the handling of the matter,
F%^K 'em.
Lodge a complaint to dept fair trading! The threat alone works wonders, gaurantee you!

I did it, never looked back, best thing i ever did to get my car sorted.

When i get my next car, i will say this
Stuff the dealer, stuff the warranty (bar stereo), go aftermarket!
bad experiences and problems solved....

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2005, 08:56 AM   #62
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Interesting..

flaminfiesta.., Uncle_Ken hereIt was interesting reading you case. On the way back to Power Ford for the second day of my warrenty claim (the first was spent makeing phone calls no work done on my car) I had a call on my moblie phone from Power Ford.
I though it was to see if I was dropping of the car but no it was a PR girl checking up to see if I was happy with the service I was getting.
This would have been in a similar time line to your stuff flaminfiesta.
Uncle_Ken
(PS I told the PR girl I couldn't say if I was happpy or not as they had not done the warrenty work at that stage)
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2005, 10:38 AM   #63
98AUXR6

I have a similar experience as far as trying to buy a Fiesta about a year ago from ELN Ford at Wyong. I was keen on these as a second car, wanted to stay a Ford family, and went in to the dealer. Spoke to a woman in there who was sort of helpful. Took me on a test drive then let me have a go. Not too bad so far. She directed my around some local quiet streets where I could get no idea about acceleration etc, which is important considering it was for commuting on the expressway. When I tried to give it a squirt, she reminded me it was double demerit points and told me to slow down. I hadnt even reached the speed limit.

Finished the test drive and went in to get a quote. I told her of my quote from the lease company. She then listed the sale price, added on the options I wanted and on road costs. Asked if they could do any better than the standard list price and was told in a dead pan manner "No". So I told her I would get back to her. I drive a Mazda 3 now so I didnt get back to her and despite taking all my details down and logging me on to her database, she never followed up either.

The moral of the story was that she acted like she was doing me a favour to allow me to buy the car. My wife and I both felt this.

Mind you, the Mazda dealer at Central Coast Motors showed similar disinterest. I had been in this dealership before and spoke to another salesman who was on holidays at the time. I test drove the Mazda. The salesman asked me how it was. I said "Excellent". He repsonded with "Good enough to sign your name on a paper?" I said, "Actually, yes!" I was gobsmacked when he said to make an appointment with the Manager or wait till the other saleman was back from holidays!!!! Obviously because I wasn't HIS client, he couldn't be bothered.

FOund a great girl at McGrath Mazda Liverpool who was awesome and bought my car from her. Guess what, due to her great customer service, I recommended two other Mazda buyers to her!

What is it with sales people???? :
98AUXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2005, 12:28 PM   #64
YELLA UTE

Quote:
Well it was a different dealer, but I lodged a written complaint after I had called them with the story about the treatment I got from Grant McCarroll Ford and got a quick call back, with a less than satisfactory answer. No action taken as far as I can tell to straighten the dealer out and certainly did not receive a thing back in writing. My neighbour also complained to Ford in writing over the same incident and received no reply of any kind.

So I would have to say from my and my neighbours experience that Ford Customer Care WILL NOT take action on a complaint.

Sorry, but not all of us have had a good enough answer from them. :(

Daniel
Ditto here in Perth WA Customer Care phoned back two weeks after I e-mailed them and said they had spoken to service department at Titan Ford Melville so I phoned the service advisor they told me to phone and he denied they had spoken to him. He was rude and said he thought the matter was over. I hung up and emailed CC again and so far no response - 6 weeks and waiting - really do not expect a reply. FoMoCo, if you read these forums I own a 03 Ford Focus Zetec, 03 AU2 LTD , 05BA2XRA ute , love the product , hate the dealers servicing/repairing/warrantee/honesty (lack of), been waiting for the 6 speed auto to go into a new LTD and have finally decieded to look at the european alternatives for the LTD's replacement. might be the end of Fords for my family and the company. (currently three BA utes and an BAXT) Buy at least one brand new Ford a year. Unfortunatly cant get new fords without dealing with Ford dealers.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2005, 12:54 PM   #65
RATT

Maybe this thread needs to be sent to someone at Ford as well as CC'd to Power Fords DP.
Old 22-08-2005, 12:59 PM   #66
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATT
Maybe this thread needs to be sent to someone at Ford as well as CC'd to Power Fords DP.
From an AFF point of view, I'd prefer if these same facts were presented in a non emotive, factual form.
It certainly does pay to get the feedback happening, so long as it doesn't appear as a crusade or witch hunt, which would be duly ignored.
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2005, 01:01 PM   #67
YELLA UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_au
No wonder BMW and Mercedes realise the importance of dealership presentation and performance.
Ford (Factory and dealers) have no idea of how to look after the prestige car purchasers. I have had a few small problems with my 03LTD ($72,000.00 worth) and Tital Ford (Perth) and Ford Customer Relations have not solved the warrantee problems. I am too busy for their games and after two attemps
I had the fults fixed at my own costs. The leaking factory fitted sunroof was a simple fix (and chep to fix) but Titan Ford said they could not replicate the problem, just said I must have left the roof open when it rained (silly me!!) pity about the rusty stain that has now appeared on the hood lining. I used to buy BM's 7 series before the LTD and think I might go that way next change,at least BMW will not (never did) treat its customers that way, even though I used to buy demo's from them to save a few dollars they still were proud of their product and knew their customers were gold for the future. Ford's dealing with me over the LTD does not deserve to bank my next $72,000 spend.

Am considering the rest of the cars in the garage as well (so far the BA2XR8 is fine but dreading any warrantee items - the services will be done outside the Ford dealer network)
Old 22-08-2005, 01:04 PM   #68
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
I'm 36 and they wouldn't let me test drive one. Not even an xr8. So i just walked out. I don't let them waste my time. The third dealer let me drive the xr8 and the gt and got an immediate sale, and He was also the cheapest quote buy far. One dealer gave me a raffle ticket to fill out on the basis that i'd had a test drive, He asked me to fill out the form. Lets just pretend you had a test drive He said. How offensive. This is after he made me make an appointment to see him, and spoke to me for 2 hours. No test drive full ptice . So I know how you feel dude. I wonder how that dealer felt when i bought a gt the next day from someone else.
I am 30, however about 10 years ago, on a Full License, I wanted to by an EF XR6, brand new. I walked into the Dealer off the street, from my Corolla, and asked to have a look in an XR6. I was told to have a look at the Festiva, because I was not going to be able to afford an XR6. I had a $30,000 Trust fund mature, and had the rest to make the difference, but there was no way I, being 20 could afford a XR6. One month later I bought one from the Auctions. It was $35,000, Manual with Aircon and Cruise. About a month later, the dealer called, and asked if I had bought a car. He nearly fell off his chair when I told him I had an XR6.

Interestingly enough, the same dealership then got my business for an AU XR6. My name was on the system for a Festiva : , even though I had not even driven one. Go Figure.

Needless to say, that dealership DIDNOT get my business for the Territory.

Quote:
also i won a signed cricket batt from that raffle.
Me Too. It is in the 'poolroom'

-Andrew
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2005, 01:14 PM   #69
BA GT-HO
Bring back Ambrose!

Have to say I have been to many, many Ford yards and have tested or tried to test some cars and 75% of the time its an ordeal. They always seem to want to evaluate your car and work out some figures before doing anything..

I have been to some Nissan yards and Subaru yards and test driven some S15 200sx's and 3 times out of 3 I was thrown the keys right away.

One time I went to a Nissan yard and the salesman said:

"Hi mate can I help you, looks like you are interested in this 200sx."

30 seconds later I was driving it up South road towards the freeway and Eagle on the Hill, Mount Lofty, all the way back to Norton Summit etc (All hills roads for those not in SA). The salesman was great, he loved his cars, he showed me his RZ Supra when we got back (and his 12 second time slips! : ) and answered all my questions and kept encouraging me to "Drive it like you would normally mate! That's what she's built for!" We were up in the hills for a solid hour, and I can tell you now I was so damn close to buying that car.

Same went for the Subaru dealer. Right away without asking we went for a drive into the hills in a modified S15 that spun the wheels easily in 2nd gear (as I accidently found out).

Maybe I got lucky with these non-Ford salesmen, but 3 times out of 3..? I now avoid most Ford places like the plauge besides the place where I bought my XR6T from a while ago as they were genuinely good people.
BA GT-HO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2005, 01:49 PM   #70
YELLA UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
From an AFF point of view, I'd prefer if these same facts were presented in a non emotive, factual form.
It certainly does pay to get the feedback happening, so long as it doesn't appear as a crusade or witch hunt, which would be duly ignored.
NON EMOTIVE surely this is an emotive subjct! Most here are ford fans and it certinaly dissapoints (an emotion) us when a very good product is screwed by its dealers. The experience of owning and driving (another emotion) one of FoMoCo's best is spoilt for me when it comes to dealing with Ford's dealers, both sales and service (judging by the comments above) As an example, After waiting for my new XR8 Ute to arrive (six weeks) The day finally arrived with some fanfare from the sales man only for me to comment about the different colour of the bonnet to the guards and the front plastic bits in the grill. The saleman agreed it looked pretty bad and went and got a service manager who told me Rapid (yellow) was the worst colour Ford did and they (FoMoCo) could not get it right. He said there is no point in trying cause he knows they will not do anything about it. He told me to look at any other Rapid utes (or sedans) and they will be the same. We found two others in his yard and they were not nearly as bad as mine but you could still see some colour difference in some panels. He said there was nothing he could do about it and the factory would not be repainting the bonnet to get the colour to match.

here is the emotive part I handed over my $48,000 and took delivery of my brand new Magnet Ute (just like the one in the add) I could see the yellow bulge through the windscreen all the way home. I was dissapointed (there's that emotion again) I am getting used to it and have had some comments from people who are amazed when I tell them what the Service Manager from LynFord (Perth) said. If I keep the ute long enough to need to repaint the front for stone chips I will get the bonnet and guards done as well and it will finally be how I expected it to be on that exciting sunny day I went down to pick it up. By the way its only done 900klms so far but guess who will never see it for service or repairs.
Old 22-08-2005, 02:58 PM   #71
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by YELLA UTE
NON EMOTIVE surely this is an emotive subjct! Most here are ford fans and it certinaly dissapoints (an emotion) us when a very good product is screwed by its dealers. The experience of owning and driving (another emotion) one of FoMoCo's best is spoilt for me when it comes to dealing with Ford's dealers, both sales and service (judging by the comments above) As an example, After waiting for my new XR8 Ute to arrive (six weeks) The day finally arrived with some fanfare from the sales man only for me to comment about the different colour of the bonnet to the guards and the front plastic bits in the grill. The saleman agreed it looked pretty bad and went and got a service manager who told me Rapid (yellow) was the worst colour Ford did and they (FoMoCo) could not get it right. He said there is no point in trying cause he knows they will not do anything about it. He told me to look at any other Rapid utes (or sedans) and they will be the same. We found two others in his yard and they were not nearly as bad as mine but you could still see some colour difference in some panels. He said there was nothing he could do about it and the factory would not be repainting the bonnet to get the colour to match.

here is the emotive part I handed over my $48,000 and took delivery of my brand new Magnet Ute (just like the one in the add) I could see the yellow bulge through the windscreen all the way home. I was dissapointed (there's that emotion again) I am getting used to it and have had some comments from people who are amazed when I tell them what the Service Manager from LynFord (Perth) said. If I keep the ute long enough to need to repaint the front for stone chips I will get the bonnet and guards done as well and it will finally be how I expected it to be on that exciting sunny day I went down to pick it up. By the way its only done 900klms so far but guess who will never see it for service or repairs.
Agreed it can be very emotive, and its a big invest and involves something we are passionate about.

But if you were in CRC and received these two letters on similar complaints, which would you act on, and which would you file under manic.

#1 "they are a pack of useless a#@holes who don't know , and I've been back 3 times and.... and, I'll never buy another ford cos your dealers suck"

#2 "I am seeking you assistance to resolve a matter with my Ford vehicle, It has been back to dealer X three times for problems without resolution, this has incurred a a lot of cost to myself and reflects badly on Ford motor Company. I await your reply as to what steps can be taken to resolve this issue rather than taking it directly to consumer affairs, an action I will be forced to take if problem X is not resolved quickly. A copy of this letter has also been sent to the dealer principal.

It good to get this stuff out, the better dealers are always looking for ways to improve and many do view these pages. By not get emotive I am suggesting we separate the facts from the any wish to denigrate a business as a means of getting back. The latter may make you feel good for 20 seconds but it wont make a blind bit of difference to the outcome.
Old 22-08-2005, 03:56 PM   #72
YELLA UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
Agreed it can be very emotive, and its a big invest and involves something we are passionate about.

But if you were in CRC and received these two letters on similar complaints, which would you act on, and which would you file under manic.

#1 "they are a pack of useless a#@holes who don't know , and I've been back 3 times and.................................
#2 "I am seeking you assistance to resolve a matter with my Ford vehicle,..................

It good to get this stuff out, the better dealers are always looking for ways to improve and many do view these pages. By not get emotive I am suggesting we separate the facts from the any wish to denigrate a business as a means of getting back. The latter may make you feel good for 20 seconds but it wont make a blind bit of difference to the outcome.
No argument.... I wont post my e-mail correspondence with Ford CR regards my 03 AU2 LTD here but assure you it is in the same spirit as the latter example above, However the outcome was waiting two weeks for a reply and no commitment to follow through with the dealer. the dealer subsequently denied that Ford CR had contacted them and refused to do any more about the problems.

After all this (cause I like Fords product and loved the Magnet add with the yella ute and the pretty young girls following it) I purchased a new BA2 XR8 UTE from a different dealer only to be told to cop what you get cause Ford wont do anything about it. My experiences with trying to get warrantee items attended to on the LTD for the last two years has left me with a bad taste and doubts as to whether I will get anywhere at all with Ford dealers and the FoMoCo CR department. Leaves very few avenues and frustration often needs venting. I am too busy and life is too short to be stuffed around by fools. I will pay out more money and get things fixed elsewhere and enjoy the vehicles. However patience is a limited resorce and there are many other marques, BMW 7 series for the replacement for the LTD (its next to be updated - lease finishes in six months) Wife has talked about a Crossfire to replace The Focus Zetec (after Christmas) There is always Holden utes for the three utes our building company are always updateing, just seems such a pity all they (the local Ford dealers and FoMoCo) had to do was look after its loyal and long term customer.
Old 22-08-2005, 04:09 PM   #73
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

I wonder what I must be doing wrong?

The issues I have had with warranty when raised with my dealership seem to have been handled professionally and with respect.

Ohh well, might change my attitude for the next one and see how I go.
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2005, 04:11 PM   #74
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by YELLA UTE
No argument.... I wont post my e-mail correspondence with Ford CR regards my 03 AU2 LTD here but assure you it is in the same spirit as the latter example above, However the outcome was waiting two weeks for a reply and no commitment to follow through with the dealer. the dealer subsequently denied that Ford CR had contacted them and refused to do any more about the problems.

After all this (cause I like Fords product and loved the Magnet add with the yella ute and the pretty young girls following it) I purchased a new BA2 XR8 UTE from a different dealer only to be told to cop what you get cause Ford wont do anything about it. My experiences with trying to get warrantee items attended to on the LTD for the last two years has left me with a bad taste and doubts as to whether I will get anywhere at all with Ford dealers and the FoMoCo CR department. Leaves very few avenues and frustration often needs venting. I am too busy and life is too short to be stuffed around by fools. I will pay out more money and get things fixed elsewhere and enjoy the vehicles. However patience is a limited resorce and there are many other marques, BMW 7 series for the replacement for the LTD (its next to be updated - lease finishes in six months) Wife has talked about a Crossfire to replace The Focus Zetec (after Christmas) There is always Holden utes for the three utes our building company are always updateing, just seems such a pity all they (the local Ford dealers and FoMoCo) had to do was look after its loyal and long term customer.

No arguments, I know I have had to fight hard on occasions, but I've always ended up with the outcome I required and ultimate satisfaction. I have had times of absolute frustration which shouldn't happen along the way. Ford has lots of room for improvement.

I can also quote similar tales with GM, BMW, Merc, Chrysler Jeep too. So don't think everywhere else is a bed of roses. Often times the sellers of the $15,990 noddy cars offer levels of service that should shame thie upmarket rivals.
Old 22-08-2005, 04:33 PM   #75
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I too had trouble with Power Ford up at Castle Hill when I bought the XR6. I won't go into it but yeah I see were you are coming from
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2005, 05:46 PM   #76
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I have heard bad things about Power Ford ... from someone who used to work in the Service Dept ... he said it was the shoddiest workshop he has worked in ever ... he tried for ages to get a trsnfer out of there .... and managed to get to Parramatta ... and he said it was much better there.

I went to Power Ford for a test drive of a Territory not long after they came out ... I got the same treatment about getting paperwork done and not worty about a test drive.

I then spoke with a family friend who worked at Campbelltown Ford (Rod Lawrence) and got it through them afterwards ... Rod Lawrence Ford was pretty good to deal with ... and now I have been using Sinclair in Penrith for servicing and they have been really good ... especially getting parts in for me for the ute as well.

I'll be using Winford soon as I am moving out to Kurrajong from Eastern Creek ... and have good things about them as well ... so hopefully will have a good relationship with the service dept when the Territory goes in for the 30,000km service later on.

I think Power Ford need to lift their game a bit though.

RATT: my fiancee's brother both live in St Clair ... you might have seen my Territory drive through there a bit ... mid you ... there's a ton of them on the road now anyway ... LOL
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2005, 06:00 PM   #77
ltd
Force Fed Fords

I must add to my little tale of woe that I ended up going to Jubilee Ford in Five Dock for service, and they are absolutely fantastic. I was jacked around there once in the past however, but I since vented my spleen at the then service manager and had no problems since.

They use seat covers, floor mats, and leave no handprints or anything on the car, and always fix the problems. Even the latest TSB's are done without prompting (today it was an ECU update on the BA as well as new pads for brake shudder all done under warranty), and the littlest things like tyre pressure, lights, window track lubrication etc are all done. They even found a broken clip on my cupholder.

Thankfully I have never had to take a car back for a failed repair or problem. The service manager Tony is great too, he makes sure that after the mechanics test the car, that the foreman does the same to test the quality of the repair. There has been 2 occasions were the car has had to stay overnight, but this has been because of the amount of work done, but they offer a courtesy car if there's an inconvenience. Truly a great place for service.
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2005, 06:03 PM   #78
FlaminFiesta

hey guys, i really really would like to thank peeps who take time to post i guess it makes us all aware and causes us to beaware..

Someone said why did you go back, because i wanted that car and believed the "once off" line.

I did actually tell them today that i could only put up with so much and i wasnt coming back.. and he had a stunned look on his face.. I also mentioned the post and he was like thats abit far fetched and he will look at it.

I am actually going to take this to someone at FORD who ill tell you about soon, and we will see how it goes,

Cars booked in for the last ever time at PowerFord and i hope, and prey (for those of us who are religous) that i get my baby back in one piece

you guys/gals have been awesome, keep em comin
FlaminFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2005, 06:15 PM   #79
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Glad we can be of help ... in some way i guess.

I think it's a case of don't go back there .... otherwise you will continually have problems there.

Depends where you live though ... i think Parramatta might be closer than Bankstown for servicing. (Parra Ford Cop cars are serviced there ... I think from memory so were the Holdens ... go figure)
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2005, 06:53 PM   #80
FlaminFiesta

lol thats cool eheh ill be heading down there most likely lol anywhere ill book way way ahead so i get a couresy car lol
Old 22-08-2005, 07:28 PM   #81
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATT
Thats a good idea RATT, but it needs to go above Customer Service at Ford and up to a level of management where the problem is actually understood and acted upon. This is a very serious and ongoing issue with Ford that has nothing positive in it for them or their sales.

Frankly it is a lot more important to the companies future in Australia then tweaking the Falcon and making another song and dance about it. The same problems I had with Grant McCarroll and others have experienced at other dealers are still there. They can spend a million dollars on the next Falcon or Territory - it simply remains irrelevant to me and I expect a lot of other past customers, until Ford restore our confidence in Ford Australia and the dealer network as a whole.

I and many others will not buy from a business that does not value our custom.

That is the message that needs to get through to the very top of Ford Australia management.
Regards,
Daniel
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2005, 07:37 PM   #82
FlaminFiesta

Daniel

totally mate you dont just buy a car you buy an experience , and if the experience is bad it somehwat dis-tastens the car !!
Old 22-08-2005, 07:41 PM   #83
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
I wonder what I must be doing wrong?

The issues I have had with warranty when raised with my dealership seem to have been handled professionally and with respect.

Ohh well, might change my attitude for the next one and see how I go.
Keep the attitude you have. We are all a***holes and you are just terriffic the way you are. Everyone says it.

Dan
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2005, 07:50 PM   #84
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Glad you have worked that out, now cut and paste into a word document several hundred times and print it!

:hihi:
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2005, 09:22 PM   #85
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Thats a good idea RATT, but it needs to go above Customer Service at Ford and up to a level of management where the problem is actually understood and acted upon. This is a very serious and ongoing issue with Ford that has nothing positive in it for them or their sales.

Frankly it is a lot more important to the companies future in Australia then tweaking the Falcon and making another song and dance about it. The same problems I had with Grant McCarroll and others have experienced at other dealers are still there. They can spend a million dollars on the next Falcon or Territory - it simply remains irrelevant to me and I expect a lot of other past customers, until Ford restore our confidence in Ford Australia and the dealer network as a whole.

I and many others will not buy from a business that does not value our custom.
That is the message that needs to get through to the very top of Ford Australia management.
Regards,
Daniel
ford are very aware of this problem . they created it when they bought all the dealerships all bar a couple . they put all there staff on low salaries and the better staff didn't get any recognition . so lots left . this happened a few years ago . they then eliminated all competition by having a strickt recommended retail policy guideline to all dealer ships . this meant that all dealer principles became ford employees . with no reason to compete with others for customers. so they all focused on fleet sales and didn't bother with private buyers. the end result was lost lost LOST SALES!!!! to YOYOTA HOLDEN HSV DAEWOO AND WHOEVER GAVE A CUSTOMER HEALTHY RESPECT . the remianing independent dealers ships where the dealer principal employed his staff and owned the franchise made a killing as tried and proven respect , comettition and staff recognition made a killing in sales and customer satisfaction . corperate right wing extremism could only turn their head away from sales losses for so long . so ford recently have been selling franchises back to independants once again . results for these dealers are already showing improvement as heaps of FORD STAFF HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE FLICK .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2005, 09:24 AM   #86
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by filthy_monkey
Who said anyting about giving it a bootfull??? : They didn't let me take it over 3 grand, and i sat on the speed limit!!!!That was enough for me to fall in love with it...
Fair enough, I didn't mean you directly, I just mean that if I had a brand new xr6t to pick up then I would certainly hope they wouldn't be letting people test drive it.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2005, 09:29 AM   #87
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_au
Fair enough, I didn't mean you directly, I just mean that if I had a brand new xr6t to pick up then I would certainly hope they wouldn't be letting people test drive it.

I can understand, you tend to think the obvious.

I sent my brother down to power ford yesturday and looked a a new focus.

He was practically waited upon by them. Couldn't fault the sales people, their attitude, or professionalism one bit...

test drive on the spot, and all.

Figure.................

Old 23-08-2005, 02:05 PM   #88
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

FlaminFiesta -
Sorry to hear about your grief, and even though you have given reasons as to why you went back to them after the initial abuse, I most certainly wouldn't have.

Anyway, as a few others have stated, I can vouch for the great service that Winford motors in Mcgaths Hill provide.
I purchased my new car there, and I have it serviced by them, they have also sorted a couple of warranty issues without any problem.
Highly recommended.

BTW, I have also had poor service from the Castle Hill dealer several times when attempting to test drive second hand vehicles.

Rick.
Old 23-08-2005, 06:53 PM   #89
FlaminFiesta

OMG THIS IS SO F>>ING ANNOYING POWERFORD HAVE DONE IT AGAIN!!

okay well this post was inspired by the fact that all the stuff ups and late that i had to take it back a second time to get the window fixed! GUESS WHAT !! in trying to fix there f..ups they have done it again.

THE THIRD TIME!! yes they sratche my interior right and they didnt even put it on back right, !!! THE SCRATCHED IT UP with a screwdriver all around the trim and i call the service manager and i hear "he said i cant help he want to speak to you" though i asked to be put through to his office..

OMG i just want a car, i just want my car back !! in one piece, the WORKSHOP manager caused the stuff up.. how much confidence does that give you !!
Old 23-08-2005, 07:09 PM   #90
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminFiesta
OMG THIS IS SO F>>ING ANNOYING POWERFORD HAVE DONE IT AGAIN!!

okay well this post was inspired by the fact that all the stuff ups and late that i had to take it back a second time to get the window fixed! GUESS WHAT !! in trying to fix there f..ups they have done it again.

THE THIRD TIME!! yes they sratche my interior right and they didnt even put it on back right, !!! THE SCRATCHED IT UP with a screwdriver all around the trim and i call the service manager and i hear "he said i cant help he want to speak to you" though i asked to be put through to his office..

OMG i just want a car, i just want my car back !! in one piece, the WORKSHOP manager caused the stuff up.. how much confidence does that give you !!

That is so wrong
Write a letter of complaint to Ford and the DP.

Then go and make him see whats being done, and don't take the car back off power ford until its all fixed.

If you have some SOLID proof, see a solicitor...
No one deserves that crap.