Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 27-04-2009, 12:00 PM   #571
FPVF6X189
FPV F6X

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_661
I'm with ya there buddy.

I can eat anything and everything and never really put on weight.

It'll prob catch up to us one day =P

lol it will catch up one day i had the same diet as you guys and also never put on weight then i ended up having a heart attack at 25 (two years ago) and thats not fun, now im on medication for the rest of my life because i choose to live a unhealthy lifestyle before, so yea dont think it wont catch up at some stage : : :
Old 27-04-2009, 12:05 PM   #572
escapin

NJXR6 if u want to put some wieght on quit smoking that will get the kilos on u

for the others try ISOWHEY its a meal replacement shake but has the protien in it which a few of the others dont have or dont have as much, but i know its worked for a mate and for my mum,

mate has lost 34kgs with just changing his diet and later adding these shakes
mum has been losing about 2 kg a week with swapping a meal for the shakes
escapin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2009, 12:11 PM   #573
redranga

I put on weight just by looking at food. Its hard to get it off.

Ive been doing the healthy diet for 2 months. I lost 10kgs in the first 2 weeks and nothing since. Although im not losing weight my man boobs are shrinking and my jeans are getting looser, so I'll stick with it.

I have been riding 100 kms a week and walking the dog a couple of times a week.

Even though i cant get the weight off im feeling really good and have a lot more energy than before.

Whatever diet you choose to do stick with it for a while. After I went healthy I had headaches about two weeks into if for a while, but they have now gone and so have my craving for Farmers Union Iced Coffee every day for breakfast.
redranga is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2009, 12:18 PM   #574
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skotty
Hey peeps

Just curious on what diets people on the forums are using? Both my partner and I are looking into diets, I'm fairly keen on using SureSlim (the results on my ex speak for themself I say) - same as the Dr cohen that my mate is doing...

My partner is thinking about speaking to a natrupath but I'm not too sure about that hookuspookus stuff, so what do you guys recommend?
Just take a look at what your grand parents ate , meat fish veggies and brown nread and sugar , as I have got older I stopped drinking stupidly , dropped ciggies and take away , also dropped 13 kg and now in the mid 50+ at 6' 4" at 117 kg with reasonable fitness... I still see food diet now and then but normally lotsa good stuff as takeaway tastes bad compared to well prepared stuff...
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2009, 12:23 PM   #575
BAGT161

Hi there I did the Dr cohen plan. Very good and very quick. I started at 118kg got down to 87kg. I didnt get to my goal weight which was 81kg but was happy with 87kg. Over xmas, easter and been over sea's I have put 6kg to 8kg back on.
Back on a healthy eating plan and do 3-4 four days of exercise.
BAGT161 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2009, 12:29 PM   #576
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGODRIVEN
lol it will catch up one day i had the same diet as you guys and also never put on weight then i ended up having a heart attack at 25 (two years ago) and thats not fun, now im on medication for the rest of my life because i choose to live a unhealthy lifestyle before, so yea dont think it wont catch up at some stage : : :

Woah...

Intense. I guess I'm not that unhealthy though really...I just like to indulge a lot, and I am a regular binge drinker lol.

My usual daily foodage is some toast with vegemite in the morning. Toasted ham, cheese and salami sanga at 10am smoko, washed down with an iced coffee...Lunch usually subway/noodle box/kfc/burger bar...Few biccies at afternoon smoko, dinner is always a home cooked meal from my mother haha. Curries/risotto/meat/fish etc etc....Then I'll snack later after dinner...chips/biccies/ice cream. :

21 btw and I weight probably 60ish kg and 170cm tall.

On topic, WW doesn't seem to bad, my missus was on it for a while there...can still eat what you want really, as long as you stick to a certain amount of 'points' per day...Like 20 or something.

She'd usually have some toast for brekky, salad sanga for lunch and maybe snack on some peanuts during the arvo if she came peckish, and that was pron 1/3rd of her 'points' there. Which would leave the rest for dinner so she could pretty much have whatever she wanted...big stealks, chips, chickin snitty, etc etc.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2009, 12:30 PM   #577
*Sloxr6*
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

SmashT spot on mate you don't need all these fancy diet programs.
Eat well and EXERCISE REGULARLY and you will be amazed at the results.
*Sloxr6* is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2009, 12:39 PM   #578
Skotty
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAGT161
Hi there I did the Dr cohen plan. Very good and very quick. I started at 118kg got down to 87kg. I didnt get to my goal weight which was 81kg but was happy with 87kg. Over xmas, easter and been over sea's I have put 6kg to 8kg back on.
Back on a healthy eating plan and do 3-4 four days of exercise.
How well did you find the dr cohen, how long did it take you to shread the kilo's mate?

What was the initial cost for the Dr cohen...

Did they do the bloods tests with you before you started to see what you can/cant eat?
Skotty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2009, 12:40 PM   #579
Skotty
Banned

Oh yeah and for what its worth, I'm 21, and my partners 20 and she's had a baby 2 years ago if that affects how she will lose weight??
Skotty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2009, 12:53 PM   #580
smasht

Age does affect your weight some what (metabolism) - as i said above some people are lucky! Oh btw just because someone is skinny does not mean they are healthy! (i have a client that is about 12kgs away from his goal weight and he is running 10kms is 49mins! - blood pressure and cholesterol are all down in the normal range now and he is sleeping like a baby, even got married and had to get his tux altered! oh he is still up at 96kgs after starting at 110 kg and not touched a diet just altered what he was eating, times etc and started exercise)

Skotty - 2 years is a long time ago...the biggest thing that will be stopping your gf from losing weight is if she cant get time to prepare food and exercise due to the little bundle of joy! (accept if any damage had been sustained from the birth e.g lower back and a few other things which would affect exercise)

WW can work but you need to beaware of a common mistake - some people 'save' there points up during the day so they can binge during dinner - not good at all!

BA XR8 Silhouette Ute
Premium Sound
BPR CAI
Highflow Cats
Cat back + rear muffler removed
Custom tune (HP) by Chris BPR
DBA's + Bendix Ultimates

230.6 rwkw!

!NO HEADERS!

Mods to come (on a budget) -
Tripod and gagues
Lowered
Oil Pump Gears
Diff Ratio Change (3.7s?)
Underdrives
DF / Pacemaker headers?
Cams?
Sunroof

~Soon to be a weekender~
smasht is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2009, 01:00 PM   #581
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

without sounding like a douche (which i probably will anyway).

i think "dieting" is utter garbage.

Im a short and pretty darn chunky fella, and the only way ive ever lost weight is just buy being a bit smarter about what i eat and doing exercise.

twice now ive done the loose 30kg and put it back on crap.

Now ive lost quite a lot of weight just by cycling and being a bit more careful than before with what i eat (no means strict, i love my food way too much for that!).

and i admit i still have a lot to loose, but i know that just by continuing exercise (and spicing it up) ill be sweet.
Old 27-04-2009, 02:14 PM   #582
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smasht
WW can work but you need to beaware of a common mistake - some people 'save' there points up during the day so they can binge during dinner - not good at all!
Can someone tell my missus?

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2009, 02:27 PM   #583
BAGT161

Its a great program the weight just falls off you. Blood test very 6-8 weeks. I was loosing 3-6kg every 2 weeks.

Cost around $700 but my health insurence paid me $300

If you have a very busy social life you will find the program very hard to do. The first 2 days is the hardest huge head aches and very tied. Once you get over that the program is ok. You have to weigh all your food. I did big cook up's once a week and freeze all my meals.

Breakfast = 1 egg with 80kg of veg
Lunch = 130kg chicken 110kg veg
Tea = 120kg fish 120kg veg

2 fruits for the day 1lt of diet coke or sprite.
3lt of water a day

It comes down to a life style change. A healthy eating plan
Old 27-04-2009, 03:01 PM   #584
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

I have heard quitting the ciggs helps add weight. Not sure how. I'm heavily addicted though not sure I could quit. I am hoping that I put weight on soon. So sick of being a skinny runt.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2009, 03:03 PM   #585
FPVF6X189
FPV F6X

Quote:
Its a great program the weight just falls off you. Blood test very 6-8 weeks. I was loosing 3-6kg every 2 weeks.

Cost around $700 but my health insurence paid me $300

If you have a very busy social life you will find the program very hard to do. The first 2 days is the hardest huge head aches and very tied. Once you get over that the program is ok. You have to weigh all your food. I did big cook up's once a week and freeze all my meals.

2 fruits for the day 1lt of diet coke or sprite.
3lt of water a day

It comes down to a life style change. A healthy eating plan
i think you mean g's not kg's
Old 27-04-2009, 03:16 PM   #586
smasht

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJXR6
I have heard quitting the ciggs helps add weight. Not sure how. I'm heavily addicted though not sure I could quit. I am hoping that I put weight on soon. So sick of being a skinny runt.
Quitting smoking causes you to put on weight, yes but not for everyone AND its due to food - generally (there are some medical reasons why people cant give up and some other reasons as to why people put on weight but this is the most common).

In general part of the addiction for smokers is the 'mental addiction' - how often do you have a cig in your hand with a coffee or working on the car or watching tv, or with a beer? How often do you have a cig in your hand?

Take the cig away - what do you do with that hand??

This is where a 'strong will' comes in, alot of people (and there is no stereo type here) when they quit go straight to the fridge (use to be smoke and coffee now its coffee and food).

A great trick to get past this is

1 - be strong and make sure you really have made the decision to quit and loose weight if doing together

2 - have a plan - food plan, smoking plan, exercise plan and stick to them

3 - Carry a bottle of water EVERYWHERE, when you want a smoke have a drink and distract yourself with something

4 - Make sure you have the support of wife / husband, partner, kids, parents, freinds and colluges - these people will play a very important role....specially when you start ripping your hair out and coughing up all that black stuff

Cheers

BA XR8 Silhouette Ute
Premium Sound
BPR CAI
Highflow Cats
DBA's + Bendix Ultimates

230.6 rwkw!

!NO HEADERS!

Tripod and gagues
Lowered
Oil Pump Gears
Underdrives
DF / Pacemaker headers?
Cams?
Sunroof

~Soon to be a weekender~
Old 27-04-2009, 03:16 PM   #587
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

Quote:
Thats a hell of a lot of food lol. Better check your mass units....

I'm just trying to eat as healthily as I can. I'm 6'2" and 125kg and a little into body building although not extreme competition stuff. I am looking to lose about 20kg which I estimate should make me fairly slim as I am reasonably muscular and a broad build.

I'm just watching my meal sizes, trying to eat more often (I've eaten 5 small meals a day for years now anyway) and just trying to eat natural, unprocessed food. I have also ramped up my exersize program as I never did enough cardio work to go with my weight training.

It has to be a lifestyle and eating change and not just a diet otherwise once you have lost the weight you will stop the diet and put the weight back on.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2009, 03:21 PM   #588
smasht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powdered Toast Man
I have also ramped up my exersize program as I never did enough cardio work to go with my weight training..
Bingo - you will notice a big difference - also for something to help and keep pushing some weight and keep the heart pumping is try circuts and pyramid supersets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powdered Toast Man
It has to be a lifestyle and eating change and not just a diet otherwise once you have lost the weight you will stop the diet and put the weight back on.
Exactly!

BA XR8 Silhouette Ute
Premium Sound
BPR CAI
Highflow Cats
DBA's + Bendix Ultimates

230.6 rwkw!

!NO HEADERS!

Tripod and gagues
Lowered
Oil Pump Gears
Underdrives
DF / Pacemaker headers?
Cams?
Sunroof

~Soon to be a weekender~
Old 27-04-2009, 03:24 PM   #589
BAGT161

oops yep
Old 27-04-2009, 03:35 PM   #590
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've been using the seafood diet with good results

I've generally looked after my health by eating properly and regular exercise despite having been a smoker and a lover of alcohol.

However went through a stage while I was studying where coke, coffee, ice cream and chocolate biscuits were a big part of my food intake and did little or no exercise...Ballooned out from 76kg to 95kg in 12 months, then looked in the mirror one day and didn't like what I saw.

So one day in early 2004 I gave up sugar in tea/coffee, went to Diet Coke, reduced my intake of ice cream and fatty breakfasts and increased fish intake. Joined a gym and took up jogging and cycling. I ended up getting down to 75kgs after 3 months. I've recently also quit smoking and because of the fear of weight gain associated with not smoking I've ramped up my exercise program to include swimming and more gym sessions. I'm currently at 77kg and 5' 9" in height but can be excused as I've just had a 2 week holiday in NZ drinking with old mates

I believe it is the exercise rather than what you eat that has a bigger impact on weight loss. Exercise also makes you feel great too .

Good luck
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2009, 04:02 PM   #591
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm 178Cm and 105Kg, I'm on the "seefood" diet! I see food and I eat it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2009, 01:24 PM   #592
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just an update.

I've lost 22kg's just from cycling (still eat plenty of bad food). so was 97kg now 75 (74.5)
Old 28-07-2009, 01:01 PM   #593
King Nothing
He has, the Knack..

Thought I'd post here again after some months. Work has been very up and down, weird hours and travel so I haven't had much time to exercise. From my initial weight of near enough to 85kg, I dropped to 78, now over the last few months I'm swinging between 79 and 81. I do look a bit better and feel a bit better, but I've been very lazy recently. I really want to get to around 75kg.

My wife just had a blood test done, and one thing that came out of it was she has highish blood pressure (140/80) and a very high resting heart rate (100 bpm! Although she was late/rushing for the appointment and nervous). So she needs to improve her aerobic fitness to lower her BP/ heart rate. Looks like I have a dedicated fitness partner now! She's skinny as a rake so she never had the inclination to exercise before.

Just need to cut back on the beer! Otherwise diet is pretty good, I don't eat a lot of junk, have swapped to lean red meat (wife enjoys it more anyway), wholemeal bread (wife can't stand wholegrain), I just need to get off my backside and exercise more!

Workhorse, stock as a rock

2004 BA MKI Futura - Now the wife's

For Show: 18" Kaotic Shadow Chrome, King SL all round, Cadence Amp, Kenwood 12" Sub, JL Audio 5x7's, Scuff Plates, MP3 Connector

For Go: SVI LPG, K&N Filter, F6 CAI, XR6T snorkle, XR8 catback, Magnaflow metal cat, Pacemaker headers, Underdrive, Thermostat, Custom tune, DBA4000

Now with baby seat and toys

175.6 rwkw

www.bseries.com.au/King_Nothing
King Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2009, 06:35 PM   #594
xygthop3
SIR DOOF DOOF =D

HEY....
just a quik update on myself...
8 weeks ago i was 80kg with 15%body fat
currently am at 82kg with 11.8% body fat
aiming for 78kg and 8% body fat or less

new diet starting in 3 weeks consisting of

3days training 2 days cardio

8meals a day all portioned with no Carbs after 12pm...

will update with results in 3 weeks before i start the new regime
Old 16-10-2009, 12:31 AM   #595
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
Originally Posted by xygthop3
HEY....
just a quik update on myself...
8 weeks ago i was 80kg with 15%body fat
currently am at 82kg with 11.8% body fat
aiming for 78kg and 8% body fat or less

new diet starting in 3 weeks consisting of

3days training 2 days cardio

8meals a day all portioned with no Carbs after 12pm...

will update with results in 3 weeks before i start the new regime
Whats the key to getting low body fat %? Im 5'8 around 76-77kg but I have some fat around the mid section that never seems to disappear. I do a bit of cardio(beach running) and a couple of days in the gym a week. Eat reasonably well.

I want abs dammit!
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2009, 08:53 AM   #596
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if you want abs, you'll need 10% or less body fat.

To do that everything comes into play.

Yes training is obviously important (as is cardio) but nutrition is where the key is.

You need to be on a proper (some would find almost phsycotic) diet. And then it's just paitence and determination
Old 24-12-2009, 04:14 PM   #597
shane3
FPV GT 0915

I,ve lost 8 KG's in 4 months and the ONLY and I mean ONLY thing that I have done is cut out coke and replaced it with coke zero, I don't exercise, haven't changed my diet at all, just dropped coke for coke zero!
Bluprint BA GT 2004 Model - Mods: Tinted Windows, Premium Sound, BBS Mags, 245/35R19 fronts, 285/30R19 rears, BMC POD Filter, SS cold air induction, HM tri-y headers, Redback cat back system, Herrod power snorkle, moded Herrod helix spacer, 4" ram air induction, More to come..
shane3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2009, 08:27 PM   #598
xygthop3
SIR DOOF DOOF =D

HI GUYS
sorry for the late update..
I am at 78kg atm and im looking better than i have b4..
im around 10-9% body fat and my abs are getting there..
i dont do cardio i just diet and do not eat carbs after lunch....
after nea years ill post up pictures
Old 29-01-2010, 03:58 PM   #599
trippytaka
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Back into it again... :(

Post Christmas I'm sitting at 115-118kg (196cm) so it's time to get cracking.

Monday I start 4 weeks of Ketosis and getting back to the gym. I should be able to drop about 8kg in the month on Ketosis (in the past I have dropped about 2-3kg a week on it).

The goal? Simply to be 100-105kg... and to stay that way.

Abs? That is unrealistic for me these days (God I miss my teens and early twenties). And besides, the kind of work I need to do to get down to 8% body fat is just too much. I'll be happy with 15% body fat. Currently in the mid to high twenties.

Wish me luck. I'll see you on the flip side.
trippytaka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2010, 04:26 PM   #600
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

I have already started my diet and exercise plan.

Was 87kg 4 weeks ago, with love handles and double chin. Was doing little to no exercise.

Been doing 30mins treadmill 3+ times a week along with some light weight training, eating all healthy meals, no take away. Reduced the carbs intake and balanced the carbs and protein together and only eating a handful of food every 4 hours. Eating fruit, nuts, and eggs. Having at least 2L of water a day. I know I should be drinking 3L minimum but I find that hard.

Any other day Im not on the treadmill, Im taking a long brisk beach walk with the mrs.

To date, the kg's havent dropped off as much as I wanted, but my muscle mass I feel has increased. Waist has reduced in size about an inch and a half. Shoulders looking bigger. Getting some definition in the arms and legs. Chest is a little bit bigger too.

My goal is to get to 80kg flat by Feb 20 as thats when I leave to go overseas to NZ.

After I get back from NZ, I want to join a gym. Start getting more serious about weights, get bigger in the upper body. Start getting a 6 pack. Not worry about the scales. Maintain a healthier look as well as muscular.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont