Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 08:34 PM   #31
myersgd1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndOwner
Old news, that it.
He needs to put that brown trophy winning nose into retirement.

Let some new talent through and pass on his so called "burnout king of the world crown"

waits for flamage :
Brown Winning nose hay. All our wins were won on there own merit, no more no less. As far as new blood hay Im all for it.
Old 06-03-2006, 08:46 PM   #32
cortEA

nice comeback Gary cant wait to see you in action at Tassie Nats in a fortnight should be awesome

Corey
Old 06-03-2006, 09:13 PM   #33
XW Boy
Being built not bought.

yer cant say that i like the look of either cars, it really is all just for show, but i supose if u have that much cash to buy 2 supercharges, y not?

Not saying that i dont like the mustang, (looks fukn mint) just the 2 supercharger thing.
Old 06-03-2006, 11:00 PM   #34
RAREV8
Previously ScottishXC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRHEMI
Gary Myers car is old news

Time for some new Blood

Well Done I say

Better watch out some one might copy the wheels on your ford :

Fair enough, new blood is a good thing always however, gary Myers is hardly "old news"...you might want to check out his history of awards.......hardly flash in the pan, once off wins now are they?

I have neither the skill, money or downright aspiration to even attempt what he has achieved, the last person who did draw stole and cheated.......
Well done, I say for G Myers.

However, I do like the truck too!

BJ
Gilesie
XAGTCoupe
Pilch
Aussie_afroman
Donut King
Bad Boy Benny
BAWITHLOT
Greenmachine
Pinkbits
CUZ351
OhioXB
Falconunbelievable
4VXC
Uncleraggy

FG G6 Ego, tech pack, Tropic gold 1973 Landau, Cosmic blue 1975 P5 LTD....long term project
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Im just bored of the single/narrow minded...
Old 06-03-2006, 11:01 PM   #35
RAREV8
Previously ScottishXC

Quote:
Originally Posted by XW Boy
yer cant say that i like the look of either cars, it really is all just for show, but i supose if u have that much cash to buy 2 supercharges, y not?

Not saying that i dont like the mustang, (looks fukn mint) just the 2 supercharger thing.

Pretty sure that car goes well too....not all show.

BJ
Gilesie
XAGTCoupe
Pilch
Aussie_afroman
Donut King
Bad Boy Benny
BAWITHLOT
Greenmachine
Pinkbits
CUZ351
OhioXB
Falconunbelievable
4VXC
Uncleraggy

FG G6 Ego, tech pack, Tropic gold 1973 Landau, Cosmic blue 1975 P5 LTD....long term project
Quote:
Old 07-03-2006, 12:17 AM   #36
myersgd1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cortEA
nice comeback Gary cant wait to see you in action at Tassie Nats in a fortnight should be awesome

Corey
See you there Corey. Cheers Gary
Old 07-03-2006, 12:20 AM   #37
myersgd1

The pic on this topic is from the states...
Rod Hatfield's Hot Rod was Twin blown but side by side and hay who care's how many times it has been done, I didnt do any thing to the Bullet because it was done before. I built the car to what I wanted. I achieved more with that car than what I ever thought was posiable. The build took me 3 long, hard years. Most of, was done at home in my shed. By the way which was my 1st attempt at a Show Car. So the next one can only be better...Fly the Ford Banner all the way.
Cheers All
Old 07-03-2006, 01:20 AM   #38
Rollin
Banned

Gary, some people are just ИИИИen ****ers. i think im going to earn myself a holiday from these forums for a bit for what im about to say, but i dont care! im so sick of seeing lame pathetic people cut down others who put in hours and hours of hard work and effort building their dream, when they are too pussy to attempt anything themselves!

...... "so called burnout champion of the world" - man, get a ИИИИen grip! get back in your SSV bodykit equipped but otherwise stock EF ........?
Edited by laminge*****couldnt agree more-

2nd owner - you are the definition of a *********...silver bullit is old news hey? **** that car took up the last 3 years of garys life, and untold thousands of dollars - do you even know how to swing a spanner? you have no idea at all how much work and effort is involved in building a showcar (or a summernats burnout championship winning car) ИИИИ off back to your hovel and leave people who work hard for their dreams in peace.

goddamn some people need a punch in the throat!

Edited by laminge*****couldnt agree more-

Last edited by Laminge; 07-03-2006 at 11:15 AM.
Old 07-03-2006, 10:12 AM   #39
agony
BLOWN 383 CHEV OWNER

Congrats To You Gary You Built What You Wanted The Way You Wanted And Who Cares What Anyone Else Thinks, I Would Like To See What Half These Know It Alls Own! I Bet Its Nothing Special If Not A Pile Of Shiit. Good Luck With The Sale Of The Car And Your Trip To The States And All The Best With Your Future Projects I Can Only Guess At How Good They Will Be. Thanks
Old 07-03-2006, 10:25 AM   #40
BJ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRHEMI
Gary Myers car is old news

Time for some new Blood

Well Done I say

Better watch out some one might copy the wheels on your ford :
Now this is a comment from some one who has no idea on what it takes. I guess when you car hits the streets it will be the biggest and the best, yeah right. I for one think what Gary and Deb have achieved over the years through hard work and determination has got to count for something, but then again we do live in a country were the tall poppies are fair game, aren't they. Most of the people on here have no idea. Gary and Deb I wish you all the luck in the world you have earned both my respect and admiration for what you have done.
Old 07-03-2006, 10:32 AM   #41
BJ
Banned

[QUOTE][QUOTE=2ndOwner]Old news, that it.
He needs to put that brown trophy winning nose into retirement.

Let some new talent through and pass on his so called "burnout king of the world crown"And as for you. What the hell would you know, have you ever tried to build anything near what Gary has. No didn't think so,so much so that you bought the same car back because you couldn't do anything better. I think you should think before you type and just sit there on you hands so as you don't make your self look any more stupid that you really are.

Last edited by Laminge; 07-03-2006 at 11:17 AM.
Old 07-03-2006, 04:44 PM   #42
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

now i know where gazza gets his money from... charging $5 for a poster and $10 for a ИИИИen autograph.. what the ИИИИ? and talking too me like a piece of crap when i went to get one for my cuz at springnats a couple of years back... since then i have zero respect...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

Old 07-03-2006, 05:24 PM   #43
RAREV8
Previously ScottishXC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonko351
now i know where gazza gets his money from... charging $5 for a poster and $10 for a ИИИИen autograph.. what the ИИИИ? and talking too me like a piece of crap when i went to get one for my cuz at springnats a couple of years back... since then i have zero respect...

I can't comment on the manner in which you were talked to but $5 for a poster?? Please....What does $5 really buy you?
I'd be hard pressed to find a poster of anything for a fiver!

Seems bloody reasonable to me and I'm Scottish- a tighter nation you'll not find! (searches for a scottish smilie, fails!) :

BJ
Gilesie
XAGTCoupe
Pilch
Aussie_afroman
Donut King
Bad Boy Benny
BAWITHLOT
Greenmachine
Pinkbits
CUZ351
OhioXB
Falconunbelievable
4VXC
Uncleraggy

Quote:
Old 07-03-2006, 05:35 PM   #44
RAREV8
Previously ScottishXC

This thread started out about a truck with two blowers on it....somehow it had turned into a thread for the under-educated and over-opinionated to start flaming one of the greatest local car modifiers (and burnout champ) for no reason.

I am all for people having and voicing an opinion- no one says you must like what other people have created but if you have nothing kind or useful to say on the subject, ИИИИ off and ply your psychobabble on someone else.

I am not aiming this at those who said they didn't like Gary's stuff, thats absolutely fine but as was mentioned before, the tall poppy syndrome is rife and Gary himself has made no pretence about what he did- first showcar??

If thats not impressive, what is? :

BJ
Gilesie
XAGTCoupe
Pilch
Aussie_afroman
Donut King
Bad Boy Benny
BAWITHLOT
Greenmachine
Pinkbits
CUZ351
OhioXB
Falconunbelievable
4VXC
Uncleraggy

Quote:
Old 07-03-2006, 05:47 PM   #45
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Fundraising I think they call it. You could always have Gary knocking on people's door's asking if they want to buy a chocolate for $2.

Who really cares whether he gets $10 for a signed poster. People who are lining up to pay the money obviously thinks its good value for money. Then let them. If you don't feel like donating $10 to keep him going, then don't. I think its pretty good value. Donate $10, and get a free signed poster.

Well I guess, your damned if you do and your damned if you don't. People will be whinging if Myers didn't show up. But of course, it costs money. So he sells a few posters which help him get to events, then people complain that he's selling his signature. Would you rather he give you a call next time he needs a little cash.
Old 07-03-2006, 06:35 PM   #46
muppet

I think most people have no idea how hard it is to build a good burnout car. Here is a little test go and get in youre car and rev it to 6500 rpm and hold it there for 3 min and see how long it takes for it to either throw a rod or over heat it's not as easy as just getting in youre car and flogging the hell out of it.The pic on my avatar is of my mates blown injected 405 cube windsor in an xy falcon it has taken him a lot of time and effort to get it to behave its self and not over heat when he goes in burnout comps. It's not all just throwing money at it you have to know what you are doing as well. I dont realy like the 2 blower look myself but it aint my money and it aint my car so what do I care if someone else wants to do it. I take my hat off to garry at least he has a go.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:30 PM   #47
myersgd1

Quote:
Springnats - Ok well I went back to Springnats for the first time last year I hadnt been for 2 years prior. As far as posters are - Ive never sold them for $10.00 I actually sell them for $2.00each or 3 for $5.00 all signed as well...No cost in signing - I would never think of putting a price on signing, I think it is such a privilage to be asked to sign thing's. If I spoke to you in any unfair manner Im sorry / I can never recall doing so.
There I go again having to explain my self, I think I might just get back up in that shed were I belong....I dont mind the nockers, you get that, it is part of the parcel, but when they talk ИИИИ, that is faulse and missleading that ИИИИ's me.

Anyway that killer truck at the start of this link is one tough mother & we are so looking forward to seeing many of them while we are in the U.S.
Cheers All
Old 07-03-2006, 07:34 PM   #48
BJ
Banned

Quote:
****er.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:11 PM   #49
big_pete
Sublime

Quote:
Originally Posted by myersgd1
There I go again having to explain my self, I think I might just get back up in that shed were I belong....I dont mind the nockers, you get that, it is part of the parcel, but when they talk ИИИИ, that is faulse and missleading that ИИИИ's me.
[/B]
i dont blame you for getting ИИИИed off. this whole thread is just stupid.
i dont see how others can get so worked up over someone elses car, and whay they do with it.

on another note,
my little brother got two signatures off gary at summernats this year, and he was so excited just to meet him and see his cars. i had to tell him he was just like one of us.
haha poor kid......... :nutsycuck
Old 08-03-2006, 01:44 AM   #50
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

You guys do razz up very nicely :
Brought everyone out of thier shells, thanks for feeding me

I do like Gary's cars, has created alot of respect for the blue oval.
And always guaranteed pretty damn good burnout. Show and G O
Good work :

It takes alot of time, money and dedication to get the result.
Dont mistake, i do have a great appreciation for the effort
I just do not have the need or want... Anymore

I too did/do have the bug, once had the potential to go as far as Gary.
But, life... You cant plan it and events/experience changes your direction.

As for the slander against my pride n joy.
It was coming and some pretty unfounded.

Its not a rust bucket or heap O sh.., its even a pretty good example of a Ford Product.

You should know that last week the head seals were broken for the first time in 28 years so my heads could get reco'd. We were quite suprised at the good condition of the internals.
Alot of cars these days dont have that sort of lastability.
If my last dyno readings before the reco were correct. Its only lost a few HP in that time. Maybe ill get them back now.
It may only make a meager 148HP(120kw) on LPG, but i dont care.
Im pretty happy with it, its a great looking, cheap to run and a reliable car.

BJ is correct, i did sell it once and buy it back.
Although i did regret it and by chance i was able to buy it back only 8 months later with a little more than a thousand extra kms on it, Barely driven.
So, i got it back knowing what was right and wrong with it still which wasnt much.
And being that i'd already put a few $$$ into since buying off its origonal elderly owner, so i wouldnt have to spend money on those things all over again.
If i were to spend that money again i wouldnt even get a new Fiesta. :yeees:

Anyway, Your anger shows your passion and its great to see that
I'll be thinking of that next time :P
Old 08-03-2006, 10:08 AM   #51
BJ
Banned

Quote:

Good work :

Its not a rust bucket or heap O sh.., its even a pretty good example of a Ford Product.

You should know that last week the head seals were broken for the first time in 28 years so my heads could get reco'd. We were quite suprised at the good condition of the internals.
If my last dyno readings before the reco were correct. Its only lost a few HP in that time. Maybe ill get them back now.

Although i did regret it and by chance i was able to buy it back only 8 months later with a little more than a thousand extra kms on it, Barely driven.
So, i got it back knowing what was right and wrong with it still which wasnt much.
And being that i'd already put a few $$$ into since buying off its origonal elderly owner, so i wouldnt have to spend money on those things all over again.

Fair cop. Just keep it this time.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:22 PM   #52
Ringo
I see you....

There is an apology posted for the thread.

Can someone link it? I'm a computer 'L' plater who is happy to just figure out how to log on first go.

Gary & Debs - don't take the rubbish to heart. This country has a tall poppy syndrome which it will never shake.

For every wanna be Street Machine Judge that will knock you there are 10 other blokes who are thinking "......Coooool. Wish I could do that" but will never actually get to say it to you.

Australians vote with their feet first and foremost, I seem to remember it being 10 deep around you and your stuff at the Nats....your machines are a drawcard - Thats a fact that cannot be disputed.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:55 PM   #53
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=39969
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
Old 08-03-2006, 03:12 PM   #54
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

I happen to like it.
alot of hard work and dollars put into it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
Old 08-03-2006, 08:09 PM   #55
Rollin
Banned

Quote:

Good work :

nice back-pedal mate.

you are still a ИИИИwit though.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:47 PM   #56
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin
nice back-pedal mate.

you are still a ИИИИwit though.

Thanks, I'll add that one to my list ;)

Do you need a hug ?
Old 08-03-2006, 11:57 PM   #57
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

I dont know Gary Myers.. I dont have much, if any, interest in the show car scene and I dont really get a thrill out of his cars as they are not my style.
That said I DO respect the work put in them, I DO have some clue as to how hard and expensive it is and I DO believe that he has been a good influance rather than a bad one overall.

If anyone doesnt like him (or is indifferent as I am - no offence Gary M, I just dont know you nor do I circulate in the same circle of people) then thats fine, we all have our personal reason. I just dont think its really needed to be pasted in this thread. This was not a "lets bag out Gary Myers - tall poppy" thread, this was a thread about a show car that has some similarities to another one.

Anyhow.. This thread is going nowhere

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Closed Thread