Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 07-02-2006, 01:50 PM   #31
locknut

You asked us what we think so here it is! It's an EA, I just got one, so that's cool. I think the wheels for sure have to go, however if a 351 Clevo and lowering job might make them suit. Don't go chromies!! That would look awful for the reason it's more an icecream pink than a hot pink. Even some unpolished, BUT clean snowflakes/Ghia wheels would look at home.

And something I don't see anyone else mention, the tint looks really good. I love tint, but I think you should've left the B-Pillar's black, or paint them black again. It's something I prefer the EA's had, I don't like colour coded B-Pillar's, black looks way better.

I do like the magenta effect. Nice ride, definetly a girls car! Get the V8 tho!!! lol
locknut is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 06:44 PM   #32
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Standing out is an understatement john lol! Need to do something witht he rims though the pink on them is abit over the top!!

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
snypereb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 07:03 PM   #33
Damo
Banned

that looks pretty nice, very girly. I agree with everyone else about the wheels, some nice 17 or 18 inch silver rims and some lowering would really set it off.
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 07:12 PM   #34
ten[A]cio[U]s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
I was hoping you were a lady, thank god you are - was getting a bit worried for a sec!!
I was thinking the same thing!

On topic that looks very different and thats a good thing. Stands out and my guess will look great when completed.

Well done and keep us posted.
ten[A]cio[U]s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 07:18 PM   #35
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by efbeggza
Hey polyal yeah i live in geelong.. Are you talking about the melbourne rd motors joint? or the one a bit further down?
um its on the main road...lol...its the first one on the left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumptef
polyal i have seen that car around, it has been getting around for a few years now. i used to see it at nardi panels alot and sometimes cruising in town
Well I think its cool, ut I wouldnt have the guts to cruise in it. The pearlecent finish is nice.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 10:00 PM   #36
stockstandard
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Im not a fan at all, but its different, and if your happy why not.
stockstandard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 10:19 PM   #37
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Got any other pix? I'm guessing that's not the best quality pic for us to view & judge from.

As for those mags, your EA is the 2nd one today I've seen with those rims :P But the EA I saw had a terrible offset (they went waaaaay past the guards) and had white "KELLY R/T RALLYE" text or something like that on the tyres. And a massive RMW bull's horns sticker on the back window.

I think those rims of yours might be orright if they were black ;) Fat black 14s on a pink EA, sounds like a 1988 echo of a Pink Cadillac <tm> :P
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 10:43 PM   #38
PINKEA
just a little krazy

the partner talkin now,appreaciate the comments,the good ,the bad ,dosnt matter great to get some feedback.personally i believe the 17-18in wheels would kill the car, we have 1 particalar car in town that proves my point,a very bright green vk cruppledore,colour looks great,originally had 14-15in mags which looked great now he's killed the looks by slappin a set of 17-18in on.honestly it looks absalute crap now,a waste $1500-$2000 worth of rims&tyres . my opinion is the ea came out in 15in rims it should stay that way,could u imagen 15in rims on a mini thats only meant to hav 12s, sorry that would look worse than crappy, definately not for the ea , anyway thats my opinion thanks again for the feedback
PINKEA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 10:46 PM   #39
stockstandard
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

its the style not the size of the rim that makes or breaks the car

get the right style to suite the size and the car, it will look good
stockstandard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 10:51 PM   #40
EFFalcon
Last warning

can't go wrong with a set of EL XR rims.
16" so still a nice size and a good lookin rim.
interesting to see what the rest of the kit looks like.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 10:53 PM   #41
LUXO_8
windsor user

as mentioned, its......well....different..

putting in the 351 will give it plenty of street cred
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 10:58 PM   #42
PINKEA
just a little krazy

yes thats very true , thats y i chose the orginal dragway , they looked great on any car , yes they may be old style mag , then again the ea is not getting any younger at 17 years old
Old 07-02-2006, 11:23 PM   #43
the lane

Good to see someone choosing their own style and not being a sheep and following the flock, I for one like the older style of mag and don't see the need to "dump" the car and add taller rims. Good to see a couple doing up a car together, keep up the good work.
the lane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2006, 03:56 AM   #44
ned
Once shy... twice bitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUMTEF
polyal i have seen that car around, it has been getting around for a few years now. i used to see it at nardi panels alot and sometimes cruising in town
The one Polyal is talking about is different to the one your thinking of, they look similar but the paint on the car Polyal is talking about is WAY better. Yes, I've seen the 5.0 one I might take it for a test drive and let you know how it goes.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:51 PM   #45
efbeggza
03 BA Fairmont Ghia

PINKEA, i like the idea! Should look good with the kit. 15' EB S pac or 16 EF Xr's could look alright if you were to photoshop 'em onto your pic! I think the pink wheels are a little over the top but hey, we try these things.. V8 in it would be awesome! Keep us up to date!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
um its on the main road...lol...its the first one on the left.
Arr yes.. go past that one every day.. Might give it a test drive lol!

New - 03 BA Fairmont Ghia i6 - Blue Pearl
efbeggza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2006, 07:37 PM   #46
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

I don't mind the look, it is something different. Perhaps someone with photoshop skillz could try lowering it and putting some nice wheels on.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2006, 11:12 PM   #47
tommo74
zx TT

15 inch wheels look great....wish id never gone to 18's but 15's would look ****** with a gt bodykit.Love the girly pink car!t turbo it and slam her to the ground shed be loverly!
tommo74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2006, 11:16 PM   #48
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2006, 11:18 PM   #49
LUXO_8
windsor user

just for the heck of it, shop the wheels on your el onto it tibbo
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2006, 11:27 PM   #50
InitialD
Low and Loud

Im not overly a fan of it myself. But Kodos to you for going the extra mile to make it different. The AU XR rims look OK on it.

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2006, 11:31 PM   #51
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNC_8
just for the heck of it, shop the wheels on your el onto it tibbo

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2006, 09:18 AM   #52
ea007

Like the color and would have left the wheels alone or used a flat silver on them. Cant go past 15 if thats what was factory.
ea007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2006, 10:17 AM   #53
PINKEA
just a little krazy

i suppose out of the three "new"pics the 15sdont look to bad but still prefer the dragways , originally we were going to rechrome them as they were quite rusty but after finding how much this was going to cost , painting them 'magenta' not pink was the only option financially!!!as for lowering it, it is bad enough allready ,destroyed bits of the custom rear skirt , going to need repairing . something not metion yet , this project started life as a complete wreck , not a straight panel on it , lookin a bit like a demolition car , taken 12 months to get sraight again
Old 14-02-2006, 05:47 PM   #54
volcom20
Ef Fairmont

Is it just me, or is the front guard hanging by about 1 - 2CM?

I think it's awesome, I wish I could get my GF to buy a car that had more than 4cyl. :P She's a manga girl ... you know the little bimbo ones with pink seatcovers and barely enough power to pull up a hill? :P But it suits her (Shhh, we'll keep it between us :P)

Clear taillights would a be nice addition I think
volcom20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 11:49 PM   #55
PINKEA
just a little krazy

nice pics, but sorry guys the rims dont do anything for me, I do see ur point, but when it comes to things like this, my aquarian nature comes out, we like to be individual in everything we do, maybe an unusual design rim or something way out there, (oh gee done it with rims that are currently on the beast ha ha ha ha ha ha) Sorry theres that CRD (Compulsive Rebellious Disorder) coming thru again