Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 20-01-2006, 02:35 AM   #31
Obriza
Banned

I've never really had many problems with the cops pulling me over. I've driven past them in my sisters VK with a big 3inch exhaust and man that thing is loud and it has blue parkers and washer LED's. Only been pulled over once for a "random" check, which I think its just because there was 4 P plate cars driving together and also when I was pulled over for speeding and lost my license :(. But other than that I havent had any trouble.
Obriza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 02:39 AM   #32
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Haha join the club mate have you lost it yet?

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
snypereb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 02:43 AM   #33
Obriza
Banned

Yeh got the letter yesterday :( Dont get it back until june 29th. Then 12 months of only 1 passenger.
Old 20-01-2006, 08:40 AM   #34
gthofan
Gunna girlie-man

june 29 omg. i thought i was bad. i got 28 days, only 13 days too go woop woop. 4 demerit points and $280 fine. i was 129kmph in a 100 zone, what were u doin, it must have been 40k's over

<INSERT WITTY SIGNATURE HERE>

Daily- 05' BA futura... work done.
Cruiser- 85' VK berlina... more work done
gthofan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 09:27 AM   #35
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

In 5 years of driving I've been pulled over only once. It was for failing to keep left on a one lane road. I never got any attention in the VS either and that has a pretty loud exhaust and 18s. Just after I got 17s on the old EA I went through a booze bus and the female cop said "nice car, one of the cleanest I've seen"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 09:45 AM   #36
Ringo
I see you....

My brother-in-law used to get pulled over all the time usually by the TOG. Got pulled over 9 times in one week in Frankston (melb) and was whinging and crying about out it etc.

The TOGies had him marked down as a hoon and knew him by sight and within 6 months he had no points left and was off the road. I think this was their aim.
I read in the paper that illegal drag racing, hoons and dangerour driving is a major focus of TOG in Franskton.

He was a bit of a moron though....Piece of crap car, wrong make (starts with H?), lowered to the bumpstops with a HUGE sticker on the back saying DAMSTR8 car club. Once he took the sticker off he got left alone for a while.
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 10:29 AM   #37
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Well my car with the body kit, and the ba headlight inserts etc, has never been pulled over, I even used to drive in front of, and behind police cars nearly every day as I drove straight past a police station on my way to work.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 10:29 AM   #38
Paxton
Cobblers!

I had an EF XR6 in 1995. They were not as popular as the BA XR's, and because of this, there was barely any on the road, besides the police cars. One day, when I was travelling to Gosford to see the "Outlaws" (Mum's parents) I had three police surrounding my car. One on the right, one in-front, and one behind. My XR was in LeMans red, and with my brother in the car, it did look like there were two undercover police in it, however there were no other aerials, other than the one for the radio.

I got pulled up many times, just to ask about the car. Oh, thats a V8 (NO, the 6 Means 6 Cylinders), so, how does a bloke like you (21) end up with a car like that? etc, etc. The funniest thing was driving to University, I had a Mr. Plod, with his window open loudly checking my rego, and to see if the car was stolen.

Fast forward to my AU, I didn't have any police try to target me, however driving my Mum's car (Magna VR-X) to Golburn, I had an XR8 cop car try to intimidate me into going faster. Gotta love Cruise Control.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 11:44 AM   #39
Steve D
Irregular Member

Never attracted any interest while driving the Viva, even though it's now 40 years old.

Obviously they don't know how closely related to the Torana it is...
*** Wheels magazine COTY 1996 ***
Steve D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 04:09 PM   #40
FRDXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Never been pulled over once! Been followed a few time by cops but never had any trouble with them.

Although a lot of the times i have been out with mates in s15's, r33's etc so they always get picked on while i cruise past :dj:
FRDXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 04:35 PM   #41
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

I've never been pulled over. The only contact I've had with the cops has been via mail when I am fined $3,028206 for doing 0.01 km/h over the limit.
ilsautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 04:48 PM   #42
Obriza
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthofan
june 29 omg. i thought i was bad. i got 28 days, only 13 days too go woop woop. 4 demerit points and $280 fine. i was 129kmph in a 100 zone, what were u doin, it must have been 40k's over
Yeh i got clocked doing exactly 140 in a 100 zone, they said they were trying to get me again when they were following me when i was doing about 160 but the gun wouldnt pick me up. Im so lucky it wouldve been 12 months.
Old 20-01-2006, 05:02 PM   #43
Simmo
White Lightning

never pulled up for inspections or anything like that. been caught speeding 3 times though.the only time ive actually been tailed then pulled over was on this massive hilly piece of road. i saw these bright as headlights right up my *** so i sped up to about 20 over to try and get away from this ******** behind. then the red and blue comes on and i got breath tested and told to slow down. since there was no flat sections on the road the cops couldnt do crap about my speeding downhill.
Simmo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 05:12 PM   #44
NZ
~~~

A chap nearly T boned me. I was part way through a round about when he came flying up to the intersection and clearly had no chance of stopping. I accelerated and just got out of his way. I later seen him down the street and i pulled up beside his car and started abusing him. when his gf started laughing i slapped his side mirror and then pulled infront of him. He wouldnt go past me after that when he did he must have been a bit scared of me because he nailed and got out of there. I left it at that. The day after I got a call from a cop. I explained what happened so he said oh well you better come in for an interview. "to hear my side of the strory' I refused and said as far as I was concerned it was finished and I didnt have time to come in. So a fe days later copper turned up at my house, he was nice and stuff then was saying that i had to go with him for the interview. I had worked out his tactic by then. Interveiw really means confession when there is no witnesses, and gives them a chance to hit you with those obscure charges. I refused again and he got quite narky. I told him as it is that i knew that i'd be tricked into admitting to some sort of made up rule or something and that if he wanted me to go for an interveiw then he would need to get a warrent, and in that case I would give no comment as the replys to his questions anyway. He uttered something then walked back to his car and went.
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 06:28 PM   #45
oneredED
need more boost

Never had any troubles with police. I even took my car down dandenong road (filled with cops most nights for those who don't know it) just to see if I could get defected. I had the exhaust dropped after the cat, mags on front and stockies on the back, and the superlows droppin it to a level I considered "way too low". Pulled up next to a copper at the lights who looked, and then he just drove off normally when it went green, no second look. Had another cruise past me at 80km/h when it was droning like nothing else, and still not pulled over. I was stunned they didnt pull me over and at least say "it's too loud".

I did get pulled over once when my car was bog-stock, and got a minor defect for bald tires, but other than random breatho's (booze bus, not targeted ones) they leave my car alone! I don't know why? Maybe because they know it's slow haha.
Stops due to: bendix, DBA
Shifter connected to: T5 manual
Power from: ???
Interior: velour and woodgrain
Cost: stuff all :P
oneredED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 06:41 PM   #46
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

You know- I would have bet my left nut that my car would be cop bait for sure; I freak out every time I see one in the rearview, beside me or coming towards me- and I have only been pulled over once for talking on a mobile (only had the car 2 days- COMPLETELY STOCK- hadn't had the handsfree kit in or windows tinted yet) and only twice for speeding- they let me off with an infringement for bald tyres and booked me for speeding the second time, despite going right over the car, which is not technically very legal...........

all said I'm pretty happy, but certainly no random pull-overs
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 06:46 PM   #47
Interceptor'85
Interceptin'

Never been pulled over...and have only ever been breathalized once.

I think half the time its just something for the coppers to do on a dull night.
Had my old man pulled over in the 'rolla for not having visible enough license plates. They were bluddy fine, just with a little muck on them. Perfectly readible. ...was forced to purchase new plates!
'XA Muscle'

Interceptor'85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 07:20 PM   #48
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

I was riding my motorbike (ZZR250) when heading home from Uni about 10 years ago and on my P's sitting on the limit of 80 changed lanes from the right to left to let a magna go past at about 90. In the opposite direction a VR copcar goes past. Then 200m later hits the brakes hard, U-turns over the median strip (bounce, bounce...) goes through the red light (was amber when i went through). I thought great he thinks i was speeding and changed lanes to avoid the detection and he is after me.

So i went over the bridge, went right then left then right again towards my mates. Then the flash of lights. Pulls over, the copper gets out the car.

I take off the helmet, he checks the licence over. Goes back to the car with the licence. Comes back. Hmmm, seems alright. S'pose i should breath test you then. Gets the breathyliser out. Yep ok. Looks over the bike for a minute or so. No worries, i thought you were the unlicenced rider (on same make and colour scheme with similar helmet.) Bye.

So obviously, mistaken identity. But he still wanted to get me for something. Obviously to 'legitimise' the damage he no doubt did! with our tax dollar (damn.)

Back to the original point of the thread. If you are getting pulled over all the time, then the car is marked. Probably for drugs. If you are doing 5kmh under the limit all the time, then they probably think your a stoner... No offence intended. So i agree, that maybe you should ring the local area command and say your the new owner.
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 07:55 PM   #49
InitialD
Low and Loud

Ask anyone....

For quite some time i was hassled Majorly. once a fortnight I was pulled over for a "random" check. Few times i was told there was a simular looking car the police were looking for. After I fitted the chrome rims, they started tailight me left right and centre. Then soon as I started the new job and stuck "Autobarn Eltham" on the rear they dont even look anymore.

The only thing That I can think it might have been was I Changed my rego sticker recently to next years colour. They were allways curious to check my rego.

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 07:59 PM   #50
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

with my old car I got pulled over twice (not including speeding), was just random stuff nothing happened.

With my current car ive had no issue, but if I can I always put it in nuetral even if they are on the other side. Damn I hate it when they pull up beside me to, it means I have to keep it under 2000rpm...lol

ive really stopped my older ways around town, your just asking for trouble IMO.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 09:22 PM   #51
tommo74
zx TT

I agree..I had a worked vk with tint...got pulled over three times in one day!
got rid of that mangy thing and have never been pulled over in my ford.
Im the same as that other guy though..i have a 3 inch exhaust with a hotdog!haf to coast by cops.thing is mine has been duped it has 18s and a full ebgt bodykit!....touch wood ..ill get pulled over tonight now.
tommo74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 09:26 PM   #52
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

As strange as it sounds.. I dont go near scarbs etc at night , its canary city down there, as for northbridge pffffft not since some a$$wipe threw a bottle at my car, I would have sorted that guy out but what are you to do when theres a crowd of them??
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 09:43 PM   #53
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Only ever been pulled over for doing stupid stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughtyfalcon
maybe your car matches a discription of one used for illegal purposes,,they won't tell you either...
Guy at work had that happen. Well, he had the SOG pull him over. Apparently a red XE had been used as a get away car in a local bank job and his matched the description.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 11:49 PM   #54
donno
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My exhaust is nowhere near legal (extractors + 1 muffler), but have never been pulled up in it since I was driving it with no plates at the sunny coast just after I bought her(temp rego), about 3 years ago. In my sister's stock 99 323 on the otherhand, I have been pulled up 3 times, all RBTs. Somehow never lost a point either, but sooner or later I'm gonna cop it after this run of good luck.

Comming soon: T04Z, plenum, TrueTrac.
donno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 11:54 PM   #55
spope
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
Apparently a red XE had been used as a get away car in a local bank job and his matched the description
Lol @ that - the description could have been "red early 80's falcon"
Police have not looked twice at me in the EA, even though I am quite doubtful about the volume of the exhaust.
Used to get hassled all the time when I had the Pintara - it wasn't even that quick a car, but I guess with the body kit and "P" plates it's asking for trouble.
Got done for driving with no rego once, in the work van. Officer who pulled me over was really good though, let me drive back to work on the proviso that I drove nowhere else until it was registered. Was rather ИИИИed off at the boss for that one.
spope is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2006, 12:43 AM   #56
TwistedEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My first car was a 76 Escort. Cops always used to pick on me in that for a "RBT" (at 10:00am) and to have a look over. One time I was given a warning about my tyres, told me if he saw me and I didn't fix it I'd get a yellow sticker. Sure enough he pulls me up again the next week but I'd had the tyres replaced.

Then I had an EA - constant pullovers but in fairness it was a big jump from the Escort and I liked to really accelerate in it (on P plates).

Then the EL. The cops leave me alone except for once. I was doing 60 (in a 50 zone), cop pulls out from a side street and pulls me up. She gets out and says "What were you doing 80 in a 60 zone for?" I corrected her politely. Her response was "Then why did I have to do 80 to catch up to you?" I pointed out to her that obviously if she had to do 80 from a standing start to catch up to me I must have been going much slower than that... Then another cop pulls up, has a chat to her away from my ears, she comes back to me and tells me to slow down! WTF! Must have been looking for a white EL...
TwistedEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2006, 01:29 PM   #57
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yup the only time i got hassled was when i had the turbo v8 torana and couldnt keep the back wheels from turning/spinning at the lights hence the boys in blue always pulled me up roughly 50 times in about a year

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2006, 03:42 PM   #58
sphell
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I used to get pulled over heaps in the EA....most of the time i was for doin something wrong like 'testing' out my new LSD out of Macca's carpark, but other times it was just so they could slap a big yellow sticker on my windscreen. That used to suck when you'd get pulled up for no reason and cop a canary. You could just feel your bank balance being sucked away with every pen stroke on the defect sheet.
sphell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2006, 04:48 PM   #59
Bobman
Regulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthofan
svo347. u will get done if its illegal or a cop thinks it is. i got a nice letter off the epa last week telling me to get it fixed. mine was a bit loud, and no other copper said anything, but in croydon, a cop on foot patrol took down my rego and dobbed me in to the epa. now as of yesterday im $400 lighter
I can kinda see why you'd be pulled over so many times though, ie music blaring or loud exhaust... maybe even wear a cap? Cops tend to pull over people on what they look like e.t.c, sad but true.

I've never been pulled up in my BA or even AU for anything random, and most of my driving is between 10pm and 4am, which is high-risk for being pulled over, as there aren't many cars on the road. I've travelled behind in front of, followed the cops etc and they still never pulled me up, attending police incidents my car just blends in as it looks like an unmarked TMU.

Fact is I highly doubt your car is tagged, and they would have known your from Bayswater way before they even stopped (rego checks on MDT's etc), they tend not to pick on late models so much though.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2006, 09:17 PM   #60
ON_DUBS
[ON DUBS]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
Not only should you get a defect sticker for that, but a smack over the head.

hey i didnt DELIBERATELY do it. once it clicked it was too late so i just drove like nothing suss
:

its funny how im just minding my own business with my blue lights and its trouble but when im dragging or doing a burnout or whatever, no cops to be found.