Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 11-12-2005, 03:06 AM   #31
EvilChief
Boost Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
The amount of legitimate 190+rwkw I6 4.0 Falcons in Australia that are practical and daily drivable could be counted on 2 hands.. or less. There is just no way a stage 2 crow cam is going to do anywhere near 180rwkw. I doubt a stage 3 would either. I've seen MANY MANY cammed I6 Falcons, I've yet to see ANY (and this includes the JMM EB) that crack 190rwkw NA. I'm sure there may be some but they are not "slap in a crow cam (or any cam for that matter" and presto" type setups.
casper, i think SVR meant 190KW at fly ... i have to agree a stage 2 is lucky to get u close to 130 maybe 135 ...

i ran a s3, running 14.9 without ecu mods, simple 2.5" exhaust, K&N intake and headwork done to it ... the dyno readout i had started from 135 and ranged up to 155 depending on day, dyno, weather and god knows what else
LN65 Hilux Turbo - sold
EL31 Corolla Turbo - sold
Ford AU Ute Turbo - sold
Ford AU XR8 Sedan - 5.4l V8 Turbo (in the build)
Ford BA XR6T Ute - daily driver
Ford FG XR6T Sedan - cruiser

do you see a general trend? I DO

Can't live with it, can't live without it!
EvilChief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2005, 10:27 AM   #32
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
Hi Stav how old are your slicks?
If there more than 12 to 18 months there probably gone hard and are no good.
either that or you haven't got the power to warm them up properly are you doing a good Smokey?
Because your i have seen 10.50 @ 131mph on drag radials...
Full Drag slicks the sky is the limit...
Aceleration off the mark resulted in wheelspin most of the times.I believe the wagons weight distribution makes the back end too light and hence the wheelspin. I am going to have to add weight to the rear next time.Also my car when in 31 degree heat didnt seem to want to spin those suckers every single time.
I do not have the power that is necessary.This is why I going to stop going to the "proffessionals " and do the remainder of refinement by myself. In the near future edit software will be coming my way for proper tuning. Despite the ability of the edit to harden shifts slightly ,alter points etc etc ,that mine has not been even touched.This therefore has added no benefits to me over unichip.

I will be playing with cam timing and driving for a few weeks at a time to see if it had improved.My goal is to get my 330 footer down by .5 of a second.

I want to do all of my refinement in the heat of summer whereby the results will be worst case scenario hot day results.This will keep me honest.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again

Last edited by Stav; 11-12-2005 at 10:35 AM.
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2005, 05:16 PM   #33
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

useles the wagons weight distribution is extra heavy in the back.

The sedans and utes have traction problems but a wagon has the most weight on the back axle of all the model variants in the range.

if you are having problems spare a thought for the utes, IRS sedans then the live axle sedans.
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2005, 06:49 PM   #34
xr8ute
Back on the road

Mark, the slicks Stav was using where really semi-comps. They where Dunlop D01J in the GPS compound, size 235/45 R17. They would have had less than 10% rubber left on them when we put them on the wagon.

No idea how old they where. I bought them a couple of months back from a guy who had used them at a couple of track days. They where stored undercover and away from any direct sunlight.

The "Stinger" mobile was having trouble turning them enough to heat them properly in the burnout.

We probably had way too much air in them too. I started running them with 30psi, Stiddy dropped them to 20-something for Stav's last few runs.

The wagon was squatting very nicely on launch. I don't think weight transfer is really a problem in the wagon...

AU XR8 Ute 13.90 @ 100mph - http://www.aufalcon.com/xr8ute
5L Windsor, GT40X heads, Crane 2030, Pacey 4-1s, Lukey 3", 3.91:1, auto. Tuned by me w/Quarterhorse and BinaryEditor.

Coming Soon: Ported lower intake, Tickford "Premium" Brakes, and a good wash.
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2005, 07:00 PM   #35
stiddy
Banned

jsut out of curiosity has anyone reached 190rwkw n/a from an I6??
and if so what was done to it ?
i thought of all vehicals wagons would have best launch, but weight issues i spose slow them down..
i'd be more for testing each mod to see if its progressively getting faster rather then do a heap of work and end up not getting what i wanted..
plus it gives you more experience on the track, and you learn your car..
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2005, 07:12 PM   #36
stockstandard
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiddy
jsut out of curiosity has anyone reached 190rwkw n/a from an I6??
When I was talking to crow they mentioned a customer of theres made 195rwkw with their race cam. Cost lots of $ and wasnt even close to being streetable.
stockstandard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2005, 08:02 PM   #37
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Yep ..probably right ..the ole wagon just didnt have the grunt to turn those suckers.

For all the times the tyres wouldnt stick I believed the wagon was too light in the back end..obviously it is not too light.

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Old 11-12-2005, 08:06 PM   #38
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Useless, i reckon an LSD conversion is on the cards, you wont spin both wheels.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2005, 08:09 PM   #39
Stav
Smile

I have an lsd and I do spin both wheels.Unfortunately. :
I found the track gave me more wheelspin than I ever get on takeoff on the street.

Old 11-12-2005, 08:18 PM   #40
rodderz

If you're using slicks you'll have to warm them up for nearly 10 seconds in 2nd or 3rd gear to get adequate heat into them. Lots of smoke will mean they are pretty wam... If they are 2nd hand they will be a shade of blue, which is the outer hardened layer that will need to be removed by wheelspin

If 10 sec road cars can take off them then an AU 6 should have no chance of wheelspin if the tyres are any good and they have been warmed up to be sticky
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2005, 08:23 PM   #41
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

If they are warmed right I'm thinking the AU6 diff or trans will go before they start to spin.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2005, 09:19 PM   #42
xr8ute
Back on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
If they are warmed right I'm thinking the AU6 diff or trans will go before they start to spin.
Thats exactly what they did to my auto before I lent them to Stav :(

5L Windsor, GT40X heads, Crane 2030, Pacey 4-1s, Lukey 3", 3.91:1, auto. Tuned by me w/Quarterhorse and BinaryEditor.

Old 11-12-2005, 10:31 PM   #43
neb
hibernating

stav my wagon grips really better than any falcon sedan i've been in, but it does have an lsd diff and 245 wide rear tyres and superlow leaf springs with an extra leaf
neb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2005, 12:31 AM   #44
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Don't forget the Dunlop D01J is a circuit tyre not a drag tyre.
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2005, 03:20 PM   #45
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

What was the tyre pressure in the slicks ?
Old 12-12-2005, 04:04 PM   #46
xr8ute
Back on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
What was the tyre pressure in the slicks ?
started at 30psi, later dropped to 20-something...

Old 12-12-2005, 04:09 PM   #47
Stevo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbays
I have not seen a normally aspirated falcon six that I would describe as a daily driven street car run over 200rwkw

Except BA N/A I6's :yeees: (the bastards)
Old 12-12-2005, 04:59 PM   #48
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

I need at least 10 psi before my slicks grip, thats way too much pressure.