Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-07-2016, 12:33 PM   #31
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Default Re: Ford Open Order Books for Ford GT But not for Australia

Quote:
Ford GT shows off its active aero

T SEEMED obvious that Ford engineers would blow smoke up the orifices of the new Ford GT, after all it’s their creation.

But as it turns out they were literally blowing smoke up the orifices of the all-new Ford GT … in a wind tunnel at a simulated 200km/h to show off its active aerodynamics.

Any vision of the svelte but brutish looking 2017 GT is going to be a joy to behold, but it’s the usually invisible airflow flowing through and over its carbonfibre form that makes this short video so interesting.

The airflow hugs the roof line like it would an aeroplane wing. It even continues to flow largely unimpeded when the active rear wing rises to produce downforce (which keeps the rear wheels glued to the ground, as opposed to drag).

The wind-tunnel testing is used to collect data on aerodynamic flow through the car’s lines and scoops and how this influences factors such as speed and wind noise.

As Ford GT engineering supervisor Nick Terzes says, every single opening has a purpose on the car.

“So if you see a large grille, if you see a scoop, it wasn’t just put there to look good, it was put there because it has a function.”

That said every nook and cranny on this thing looks great – as one person commented below the video, “I looks slippery, I love it.”

Who’d disagree?

The 2017 Ford GT will go on sale later this year for around US$400,000 with production limited to 1000 cars. It will have a mid-mounted 3.5-litre twin-turbo Ecoboost V6 engine that will produce around 450kW synced with a seven-speed dual clutch automatic transmission. There will be no manual version. Or any on Aussie roads. The GT is left-hand drive only.
http://www.wheelsmag.com.au/news/160...s-active-aero/

Still a stunning looking car.
Old 19-07-2016, 01:20 PM   #32
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

Still waiting on official power figures....
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2016, 08:34 AM   #33
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Lol
http://jalopnik.com/here-are-all-the...get-1784478707
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 31-12-2016, 03:31 PM   #34
RegSpec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Craig Dean in Melbourne did a conversion on a 2005 model GT coupe but I don't know how much of the tooling made for this would transfer over to the new car?.....
Given the limited no. I'd say it wouldn't really be worth their while to retool for it?.....
New ride....07' RSpec manual Typhoon in Winter White....factory sunroof, Premium sound, Process West intercooler, upsized tubing, valve springs, 1000cc injectors, Delphi intank pump,*modified turbo, 4" dump, 5" cat, dual 2 1/2" Xforce exhaust, Mal Wood Opt 5 clutch, Herrod shifter, Ozrace coilovers with adj. Whiteline bars, 6 spot Brembos,
Edit by Crescent Motorsport.....382rwkws @ 1150nms on E85....
RegSpec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2016, 04:06 PM   #35
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV+fteT3 View Post
The build of 250/year probably reflects the reality of the number of people with means to buy one actually placing an order. Most will be sold in the US where the ford faithful reside.
Removing the one ford rose coloured glasses I would say the people who buy cars like LP750 4, 488 GTO, Vantage V12, GT3RS etc.. probably find having a blue oval on the front of their supercar instead of a bull or horse etc..about as desirable as a case of the clap
Really disagree there, the people who run in this circle and buy these Supercars are really really excited about the GT. Many Supercar owners are champing at the bit to get this car - these are the guys that own multiple Mclarens, Ferraris and Lamborginhs.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2016, 05:36 PM   #36
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegSpec View Post
Craig Dean in Melbourne did a conversion on a 2005 model GT coupe but I don't know how much of the tooling made for this would transfer over to the new car?.....
Given the limited no. I'd say it wouldn't really be worth their while to retool for it?.....
The dashboard is part of the carbon tub in the new GT...any sort of R/H/D drive conversion is ruled out because of this and other elements of its construction.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 31-12-2016, 11:48 PM   #37
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A video of a young bloke running through his order process for the new GT. He owns an AMG GTR, a couple of Mclarens, a Ferrrari FF, an Aston Martin GT8, a Mini and a Focus RS.

https://youtu.be/B7IrRzeONVc

Last edited by Brazen; 31-12-2016 at 11:55 PM.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2017, 01:56 AM   #38
chrisandsharon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV+fteT3 View Post
The build of 250/year probably reflects the reality of the number of people with means to buy one actually placing an order. Most will be sold in the US where the ford faithful reside.
Removing the one ford rose coloured glasses I would say the people who buy cars like LP750 4, 488 GTO, Vantage V12, GT3RS etc.. probably find having a blue oval on the front of their supercar instead of a bull or horse etc..about as desirable as a case of the clap
Personally I think anyone who knows anything about cars would have a huge appreciation of this supercar, it's history and DNA and would own one in a heartbeat. The badge only adds to the appeal in my opinion
Just beautiful
chrisandsharon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2017, 09:41 AM   #39
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

G'day...Nuts and bolts stuff...Would the Ford 3.5 litre V6 twin turbo described here..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97pAE8B9EwM be remotely the one in this beast..I expect not..I suppose it'd be like comparing a Ford 5 litre supercar race engine to that of the stunning 5 litre Miami road car engine..
Chalk and cheese I suppose... Cheers Rod
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2017, 10:32 AM   #40
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Can quite say what they've done for the Le Mans program and updates for the GT...but...

The 3.5 ecoboost is used in Daytona protoypes, and the race engines uses production block, heads and fuel system. Sounds like the road and race engines are remarkably similar.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2017, 12:57 PM   #41
RegSpec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen View Post
A video of a young bloke running through his order process for the new GT. He owns an AMG GTR, a couple of Mclarens, a Ferrrari FF, an Aston Martin GT8, a Mini and a Focus RS.

https://youtu.be/B7IrRzeONVc
Tough decision which one to step into each morning I guess...
New ride....07' RSpec manual Typhoon in Winter White....factory sunroof, Premium sound, Process West intercooler, upsized tubing, valve springs, 1000cc injectors, Delphi intank pump,*modified turbo, 4" dump, 5" cat, dual 2 1/2" Xforce exhaust, Mal Wood Opt 5 clutch, Herrod shifter, Ozrace coilovers with adj. Whiteline bars, 6 spot Brembos,
Edit by Crescent Motorsport.....382rwkws @ 1150nms on E85....
RegSpec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post