Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-08-2015, 09:47 PM   #31
JAJH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Selling, how do you do it?!

Agree with most of the above comments. If a car is the cheapest online but doesn't have a RWC or rego, people would think what's' wrong with it and how much is it going to cost to get a RWC. Make sure it's immaculate, good quality photos and place the car in a nice location. Service history and log books are important but don't go overboard with your description, be short, concise and to the point. It's not important to the buyer why you are selling the car, what is important is how you are selling the car.

I have also bought and sold plenty of cars over the years. I recently sold a GTP, didn't budge on price...didn't have to and the guy who bought it transferred full payment before he saw the car, flew up from Canberra and drove it back again. Last year I sold my AU3 XR8 for $10k, again didn't drop one cent, but both cars were advertised accurately, had RWC, books and high quality photos. One car was sold on Fordforums and the other was on Carsales. There is still plenty of buyers out there, you just have to pick your market, do your homework and present the car properly.

PREVIOUS RIDES
AU3 VENOM RED XR8, 19" SILVER ARGENTS, REBEL BODY KIT & 6/4 BREMBOS
MARS RED FG MK2 XR6 ECOLPI, SILVER ARGENT 19" RIMS & TINT
BLOOD ORANGE BA GTP, QUAD EXHAUST, SUNROOF, CHIPPED, SS CAI, 320KW
NAROOMA BLUE AU3 HERROD XR8- SS CAI, TS RIMS, 6/4 BREMBOS, TWIN SPOILER, REBEL BODY KIT & TUNED BY ELITE
VENOM GTP, HERROD EXHAUST, DVD PLAYER, WINDOW TINT, SS CAI, STEALTH
VENOM AU11 TE50, HERROD LOWERED, HEADERS AND EXHAUST
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by JAJH; 18-08-2015 at 09:54 PM.
JAJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2015, 10:15 PM   #32
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Just be weary about the RWC side of things, as a RWC in Vic only last’s for 30 days, so if you get a RWC you have to sell within that 30 day’s or you will be up for another RWC.
You can get a pre inspection which is cheaper then a RWC.
But if you think there isn’t much needed for a RWC then you can take the chance and ask your price including a RWC and then when you have a deposit that cover’s the RWC then you can get it done BUT if there is anything major that show’s up in the RWC then you will have to take that loss, so it depends on how good the car actually is.

But I would get an indication on what is actually needed for it to pass the RWC if you can and then advertise it as RWC included on sale.

Last edited by galaxy xr8; 18-08-2015 at 10:44 PM.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2015, 11:33 PM   #33
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blingblang88
Great suggestions, thankyou. It looks like I might be spending a bit of time detailing it over the weekend
Erm, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
Next step, get the car detailed. Pay someone to clean and polish it, otherwise do it yourself. Make sure you clay bar it and then wax it. The interior must be spotless.
Yes!

Dont be cheap if your really want to sell the car. It has been mentioned many times in this thread. Look at the car as an outside buyer, or get a friend to give you and honest opinion on what looks bad on the car.

And yet another for those wheels. Ditch them.

Also the stickers on the back window. They were in style in the 90's but window stickers are now only found on business cars and young P platers. And they arent advertising a business. Which immediately brings people to a P platers car. And what do you think of most P plater cars?

It really is a buyers market out there. Technically we are in a recession, but no one dares utter that word. Because peoples wallets snap shut and stay that way when it is announced.
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2015, 08:54 AM   #34
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

The trouble is I can search across the country sitting on my backside and I always search cheapest first. You are competing against a whole bunch of others in a race to the bottom.

Presentation is the key, set a price that is negotiable and don't reduce the price unless you have offers, no point giving $$$ away to people who don't exist.

"Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die, tragedy is when I get a paper cut"
nuthin' fancy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2015, 05:48 PM   #35
jstanovic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I agree with all the above. Also make sure your car is ready to drive away as soon as someone sees it.

I have been looking ar old fairlanes for sale for the last month or so and some ads are terrible and i woukd consider not even looking at them as there is rubbish in the cars, dirt everywhere, if that us how it looks when they are trying to sell it (which should be at its best) it tells me a lot about the owner.
jstanovic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2015, 09:56 PM   #36
FPV-800

Yes, things are slow on the used car scene lately, been trying to sell my mint one owner 5speed BA XR8 with only 61500 klm and fully optioned for the last 2 months for $14,800 Neg. looks like I will have to re- registered it next week.
FPV-800 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post