Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-07-2015, 02:36 PM   #31
DAZ5.0

Default Re: I've joined the BRIGHT side...Mustang on its way.

This is the Magnetic colour wuth black stripes....I'm not normally a stripe guy but they seem to suit mustangs..

Last edited by DAZ5.0; 16-07-2015 at 02:41 PM.
DAZ5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2015, 02:37 PM   #32
DAZ5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped View Post
That's gonna look hot. I'm sure you'll love it

If a car is desirable, then it's desirable, it doesn't matter what badge it has on it.
I 100% agree....I'm a car lover not a badge lover
3 users like this post:
Old 16-07-2015, 02:40 PM   #33
DAZ5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freiherr View Post
The Hellcat power is awesome but not usable on a day to day basis. The Mustang hits a sweet spot and is just right. The colour you chose is unusual for a pony car but I love it.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
Funny enough I found a video of the Hellcat vs Mustang vs Camaro around a track and the Mustang was quicker than the Hellcat (Camaro fastest) but all agreed the Mustang was the most comfortable and nicest to live with.
Old 16-07-2015, 06:15 PM   #34
nz13boy

Default Re: I've joined the dark side...Mustang on its way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAZ5.0 View Post
Magnetic with black stripes Auto getting too old for manuals..Looking at a Magnaflow Competition catback (they sound nice and deep) and maybe a blower and Black 20" Simmons when money (wife) allows lol....looking forward to it though, delivery supposedly sept 2016 which is fine as I've only been in my SSV Redline (commodore...cough....cough...) for a few months.
image (something like this)
Thats a seriously slick ride. Even the stripes look nice.
This user likes this post:
Old 16-07-2015, 09:40 PM   #35
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lucky bugger...well...in 14 months you'll be a lucky bugger...

Just a serious question...no qualms about buying a car sight unseen, that you have never test driven or sat in? I'm assuming of course dealerships over there are more or less the same as ones here that have told me they've taken deposits on cars that won't even arrive in showrooms, much less owners hands, for many months from now...?

Surely I'm not alone in not wanting to agree to buy a major purchase like that without trying it out to see if I like it or not...people surely can't be that eager to own something no matter how good or bad it is just to have a badge in the garage...?
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2015, 09:50 PM   #36
DAZ5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post

Just a serious question...no qualms about buying a car sight unseen, that you have never test driven or sat in? I'm assuming of course dealerships over there are more or less the same as ones here that have told me they've taken deposits on cars that won't even arrive in showrooms, much less owners hands, for many months from now...?

Surely I'm not alone in not wanting to agree to buy a major purchase like that without trying it out to see if I like it or not...people surely can't be that eager to own something no matter how good or bad it is just to have a badge in the garage...?
by the time mine arrives I would have been looking at them on the streets for a year, no doubt I will get to sit in one somewhere if I like the way it feels I just can't see what would make me not like how it drives. When a car visually attracts me I'll live with any quirks, or in 2-3 years time I will trade it for something else. Bit like if Jennifer Hawkins said take me to bed and have your way with me.....I'm not going to suggest we get to know each other first.....I'll accept any small quirks
I'm yet to own a "perfect" car but I've owned many that I loved for different reasons.
If at any time something about the car just doesn't grab me I will cancel the order, take my deposit back and keep looking.
3 users like this post:
Old 17-07-2015, 09:55 AM   #37
G RUSH

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post

It's a simple formula that doesn't take too much thought if you are in the market for a new car.

Sexy coupe body, V8 out front (or EB4 if that's your thing), heritage (Since 1964!) and lots of previous articles and reviews saying it's a very good thing.

It's not a badge buy like a BMW or whatever. It's not about being 'eager' as such. It's just an honest product at a good price, plus something a tad out of the ordinary here in the Oz market.

I'm just trying to think of what it'd be like if you were to test drive one and then turn it down.

"Oh the noise and acceleration and handling is fantastic, but these here cupholders are really spoiling the deal. I can't believe it only has SYNC2 as well, which works really well, but just isn't the latest SYNC3 y'know. Sorry i'll have to go get me a [insert generic base model German car] instead."

I guess if you're cross shopping with other Ford/Holden products, which you can drive, then think about the practicality of the coupe - do you need the 4 doors?

I'm just not sure what else a 'test drive' is going to give you in this situation, apart from adding another year (or more?) to the wait time.
G RUSH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 17-07-2015, 11:59 AM   #38
DAZ5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by G RUSH View Post
It's a simple formula that doesn't take too much thought if you are in the market for a new car.

Sexy coupe body, V8 out front (or EB4 if that's your thing), heritage (Since 1964!) and lots of previous articles and reviews saying it's a very good thing.

It's not a badge buy like a BMW or whatever. It's not about being 'eager' as such. It's just an honest product at a good price, plus something a tad out of the ordinary here in the Oz market.

I'm just trying to think of what it'd be like if you were to test drive one and then turn it down.

"Oh the noise and acceleration and handling is fantastic, but these here cupholders are really spoiling the deal. I can't believe it only has SYNC2 as well, which works really well, but just isn't the latest SYNC3 y'know. Sorry i'll have to go get me a [insert generic base model German car] instead."

I guess if you're cross shopping with other Ford/Holden products, which you can drive, then think about the practicality of the coupe - do you need the 4 doors?

I'm just not sure what else a 'test drive' is going to give you in this situation, apart from adding another year (or more?) to the wait time.
Bingo my friend Bingo.....

Coupe, rwd V8....and sexy....I love it enough already Buying a A5 Coupe may be a badge buy but I buy my cars on the emotions it stirs not the Badge .
2 users like this post:
Old 17-07-2015, 01:42 PM   #39
WPR1

Welcome and congratulations on seeing the light, as they say we get smarter with age!.

Love the colour combo you have chosen on the Stang, I'm really starting to consider one for myself just a bit reluctant to trade in the GT, but I am getting close.
WPR1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2015, 04:49 PM   #40
DAZ5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPR1 View Post
Welcome and congratulations on seeing the light, as they say we get smarter with age!.

Love the colour combo you have chosen on the Stang, I'm really starting to consider one for myself just a bit reluctant to trade in the GT, but I am getting close.
In the words of the great Happy Gilmore....You can dooooo eeettttttt...

And thank you.
Old 17-07-2015, 06:02 PM   #41
skoobysGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPR1 View Post
I'm really starting to consider one for myself just a bit reluctant to trade in the GT, but I am getting close.
Agree it's a very sexy looking car but can you really step out of a supercharged car to an NA?

The new stangs look awesome but won't you miss having a blower mate?

BTW congrats DAZ5.0..nice car and I love the colour combo.

Previous ride: 2011 FPV GT 335
skoobysGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2015, 06:43 PM   #42
DAZ5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoobysGT View Post
Agree it's a very sexy looking car but can you really step out of a supercharged car to an NA?

The new stangs look awesome but won't you miss having a blower mate?

BTW congrats DAZ5.0..nice car and I love the colour combo.
Thank you Sir....It would be hard stepping back to N/A...Ive never had a blown car yet (nearly bought a VF GTS) ended up with a Jeep SRT 2014 the GTS was ridiculously fast.
Old 17-07-2015, 07:30 PM   #43
skoobysGT

The STR8 Jeeps are fantastic too..You have great taste in cars mate. ..I would gladly trade my GTS for a 2016 Mustang GT500 Shelby Super Snake if they do ever make one and more importantly-if I could afford one lol

Previous ride: 2011 FPV GT 335
skoobysGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2015, 08:44 PM   #44
Batmobile
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talking Re: I've joined the BRIGHT side...Mustang on its way.

Quote:
The STR8 Jeeps are fantastic too..You have great taste in cars mate. ..I would gladly trade my GTS for a 2016 Mustang GT500 Shelby Super Snake if they do ever make one and more importantly-if I could afford one lol
Agree - from what I seen and read thus far .. Super Snake - yes please , everything else , Mmmm - not sure I am quite on board yet
Batmobile is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2015, 08:56 PM   #45
DAZ5.0

Quote:
For the year I had the the jeep I was blown away every day at how hard that thing went. I'm currently driving a nice 2014 VF SSV Redline with tune, air intake and Manta cat back....it's nice but my kids are a bit older now so a coupe is OK and the mustang too me is that be more special than a commodore?
Old 17-07-2015, 08:58 PM   #46
DAZ5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmobile View Post
Agree - from what I seen and read thus far .. Super Snake - yes please , everything else , Mmmm - not sure I am quite on board yet
Super snake...ummm yes please. Even the GT I see as a great blank canvas to personalise, there seem to be an endless amount of bolt on goodies for the mustang...a nice blower, set of wheels and a couple of subtle body mods and I'll be happy.
Old 19-07-2015, 08:08 PM   #47
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

SM1DY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 21-07-2015, 02:02 AM   #48
DAZ5.0

Hahahaha that's a classic.....pretty much sums up the situation.
Old 22-07-2015, 02:07 PM   #49
Skitles86
Formerly XHUTE6

Congratulations!
I can't wait until these cars are on the road!
I've also paid my deposit and put in an order for a Magnetic 6sp V8 Coupe with the black stripes on the Lustre Nickel wheels. I have to wait until between July and October next year as well. I'm just like you. Waiting until it arrives to decide whether i want to take delivery of it.
There are going to be so many on the road based on current sales figures thus far!
Old 22-07-2015, 02:39 PM   #50
DAZ5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skitles86 View Post
Congratulations!
I can't wait until these cars are on the road!
I've also paid my deposit and put in an order for a Magnetic 6sp V8 Coupe with the black stripes on the Lustre Nickel wheels. I have to wait until between July and October next year as well. I'm just like you. Waiting until it arrives to decide whether i want to take delivery of it.
There are going to be so many on the road based on current sales figures thus far!
Thank you...I'm fairly certain we will fall and love and ring our dealers every 6 minutes to try get delivery brought forward

do you have any pictures of the Nickel wheels?
Old 22-07-2015, 03:09 PM   #51
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Seems like a pretty stout package in standard trim!

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpos...61&postcount=9
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2015, 03:30 PM   #52
Skitles86
Formerly XHUTE6

Haha you've got that right! I only have a quick photoshop i knocked up. Did you choose the standard wheels? I just intensely dislike black wheels.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150707_155444.jpg (115.2 KB, 23 views)
Old 22-07-2015, 03:38 PM   #53
G RUSH

From the lads in Germany:

Old 22-07-2015, 03:53 PM   #54
Skitles86
Formerly XHUTE6

Quote:
Originally Posted by G RUSH View Post
From the lads in Germany:

THAT! Is what i ordered plus the stripes..
Old 22-07-2015, 04:11 PM   #55
graphicgoose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAZ5.0 View Post
This is the Magnetic colour wuth black stripes....I'm not normally a stripe guy but they seem to suit mustangs..
This would be the colour combo I'd be going for if I was in the market for stang! Good choice mate
graphicgoose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2015, 04:55 PM   #56
DAZ5.0

I do like black wheels but not so much on darker coloured cars.My Vf Redline is white with black wheels and I love it but not on magnetic. Spewin about the lack of bonnet vents though.

I would love a set of Simmons on mine...

Last edited by DAZ5.0; 22-07-2015 at 05:03 PM.
Old 22-07-2015, 04:56 PM   #57
G RUSH

That colour combo also works really well on the guard green which I've put my money on

http://mustang6.de/download/file.php?id=575&mode=view

http://mustang6.de/download/file.php?id=574&mode=view
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_150.jpg (128.0 KB, 16 views)
Old 22-07-2015, 05:09 PM   #58
DAZ5.0

I do like the Gaurd alot as well.....

Have you guys seen CJ Pony parts? some very nice 2015/16 mustang goodies. Im tempted to get the Roush bonnet scoop, it sits in between the factory raised ribs....heaps of bits available though. I'm sold on a Magnaflow Competition catback.
Old 22-07-2015, 05:13 PM   #59
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

So are there any aftermarket tail light people doing altezza's yet?....oh hang on...

I mean anti-altezza's?
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2015, 05:20 PM   #60
G RUSH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
So are there any aftermarket tail light people doing altezza's yet?....oh hang on...

I mean anti-altezza's?
I think the rear lights are OK with the nickel rims on some body colours.

It also matches the chrome window trim but unfo that's EUR spec only.

You can purchase red tinting decal kits to tint them to your liking, it's really no big deal, and much cheaper than replacing lights.