Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-05-2013, 10:08 PM   #31
dave351cid
playing in my big shed

Default Re: Falcon parts post 2016. Please read!!!

i was dealing with a lot of new car buyers in my window tint shop at the time when the Mitzi 380 was put to rest and in the 12 months leading up to the plant closure when rumers were running wild, a lot of customers were saying that they had bought their new camry, hyundia, etc even though they had prefered the 380. the main reason for their choice was they were worried that if the factory closed they would not have any warrenty or be able to buy parts for the 380.
this concern would have cost mitsubishi a lot of sales in effect putting the final nail in the coffin.

ford needs to reassure its customers.
`04 BA XR6 Turbo sedan. Blueprint. auto, Leather trim.
`03 BA XLS ute . Acid Rush, factory lpg, auto,
`48 TEA20 Grey Ferguson,
`62 Willys 6-230 , 4x4 light truck
`04 Yamaha TTR 250
dave351cid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2013, 10:11 PM   #32
Madaya
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboon View Post
Yeah I wasnt sure if the tech went beyond plastic, but with my limited knowledge it hasn't gone to metal yet?
Trying to rid myself of the grim knowledge that it's all over - gees, I was to young to purchase a Valiant when it was all over for them .
I still get a nice feeling when I see a nice CM Valiant. It's the only time I wish I was a few years older. Thank God, Dad purchased the 4.1 XC Wagon (in bright orange ), I learnt a lot about Ford. I was tuning Dad's car, doing oil changes and stuff, even before I had a licence. My older brothers first car was a $1000 XP, auto with a Super Pursuit motor. Had a few probs with that one but went really well. I ended up with Dads first car, purchased when the family landed in Australia in 1970. The Valiant AP6 Wagon. I remember the chat we had when he said he vested the old car into my hands. It hardly ran, had holes in the floor you could climb through and more rust than steel. But I was over the moon. My first car.
So here I am with my FG Ute, christened (don't laugh, this was spoken in absolute innocence by my girl) 'Mr Happy'. As I've explained in another thread,
it's because in my personal world of grim tidings, that little blue ute with all the fruit (like I say, all I wanted was a plain, ordinary Falcon Ute), puts a smile on this fifty year old face.
One day (soon), you will dump data into a machine and it will produce whatever Falcon you want (entire cars), or an apple you can eat.

Don't stress about parts. This is the 21st century.
2010 FG XR6 I6 CC Ute, Nitro colour. lsd, sports suspension, Ford 18's fitted with Michelin Primacy 3 ST 245x45x18, MW Quick Shifter, Pacemaker 4500 Extractors, Carbuilders Soundproofing, KPM Street Fighter CAI

Last edited by Madaya; 25-05-2013 at 10:22 PM. Reason: A tad more info.
Madaya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2013, 10:46 PM   #33
stevz
Banned

The sky will not fall down if parts become obsolete. I'm sure anyone will be able to find what they need at the wreckers. Second hand parts are good enough in 99% of cases.
stevz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2013, 01:20 PM   #34
Spurious

I don't foresee any problems. Don't quote me but within a few years of a production line model being canned, other business' can by the rights to make the parts. Electrical items will always be able to be repaired and overseas companies will make cheap knock offs, plus there's always a local shop that'll re-manufacture old parts. In Bunbury WA a few years ago I wanted a reco' pwr steer box for my XF. A ford dealer wanted $400, with another $400 deposit on top just to make sure I brought the old one back to them so they could reco' it! My local mechanic sent me to the local mercedes dealer 'cause they reco' them also, but they didn't want a huge deposit for the return of the old one. I paid $330 for a new one and dropped the old one off as a courtesy. Not relavent to this thread but the point remains, Parts will alway's be around.
Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2013, 01:29 PM   #35
Spurious

To add to my last post, aftermarket parts are sometimes better than ford branded stuff....and cheaper too! If you wanna keep your car full of 'original' parts that's your call. But a car is a car, if all the bit's are there and they function then that's all you need. If someone want's to buy your car they're not going to can the sale 'cause you have an after market bit or 3! If your mad keen on genuine bit's 'cause your ride is a show piece, then your not going to need parts 'cause you most likely aren't driving it enough to wear it out. As much of a ford man as I am there's no such thing as an "Aussie car" ,after all we never invented our own.
Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: