Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-02-2013, 02:35 PM   #31
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Auditioning for Ford Ads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
I would still think that Ford could offer people something a little more generous for their efforts than $125 for 4 hours, even throwing in a free service or something would be a nice gesture, that's just my feelings, and seeing as I have owned about a dozen or more Ford vehicles (and still own one) since I was old enough to drive, I would say I have given a fair amount of support to Ford over the years
Would you appear in an ad for Holden or Toyota or "The Pedestrian Council" (scruby) if they paid you $1,000 for 4 hours?

I wouldn't.......
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2013, 02:49 PM   #32
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
I would still think that Ford could offer people something a little more generous for their efforts than $125 for 4 hours

$30 buck's an hour sounds more then resonable...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 23-02-2013, 07:13 PM   #33
Falco GT51
Blue Blood

Your not up to your nuts in crap! It's shooting a TV ad, I would do it for free!
2005 BA GT Mll #0697.
1979 XD 5.8 X Pursuit
2015 FGX XR8

Powered by FORD
Falco GT51 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2013, 11:09 PM   #34
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
I would still think that Ford could offer people something a little more generous for their efforts than $125 for 4 hours, even throwing in a free service or something would be a nice gesture, that's just my feelings, and seeing as I have owned about a dozen or more Ford vehicles (and still own one) since I was old enough to drive, I would say I have given a fair amount of support to Ford over the years
I would do it if it is going to show you and your Ranger.....Think of the free publicity/advertisement of your business name on national TV.... has to be a benefit for you.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2013, 02:41 PM   #35
superfly
Go the Hogster!

I would do it for free as well! It would just be fun and exciting. I appeared in an ad once about 20 years ago and it was great fun.

I look forward to seeing the new campaigns.
Old 25-02-2013, 03:45 PM   #36
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

From the previous page it seems like $250 for the 4 hours and if the ads go to air then the fees they mention sound pretty good.

Doesn't seem too bad to me; if they wanted to do something similar for FPVs I would jump at it and wouldn't mind to be involved in what would probably be a once-in-a-lifetime experience. I wouldn't expect to be paid but if they offered I wouldn't knock it back either!
Old 25-02-2013, 04:19 PM   #37
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

The $250 is basically to turn up and say your scripted piece... The real money is if the ad goes to air.. TV, Radio, Net, posters, Mags, Newspaper etc..
My son did a series of ads for Whirlpool when he was 7 or 8yrs old. 4 days filming down at Lorne which he received $900 per day + accom and meals (and accom & beer for his Dad!).
Once it went to air he received a lump sum for each 12 months it aired, and for each form of media. The campaign only aired for 12months, but the Whirlpool posters with his pic were still on whitegoods in Harvey Norman etc 2 yrs on.
He ended up with around $10,000 + a bit extra for the posters and internet ads going beyond original 12 months. And this was 15 years ago!
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2013, 06:10 PM   #38
aZ`
supercharged starter motr

Please stop producing these adds, every time the TX territory fella comes on I feel awkward and embarrassed to own a territory.

Stick to portraying the positives of the cars, not the (apparently) ditzy people who buy them.
aZ` is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 25-02-2013, 06:37 PM   #39
FalconXV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZ` View Post
Please stop producing these adds, every time the TX territory fella comes on I feel awkward and embarrassed to own a territory.

Stick to portraying the positives of the cars, not the (apparently) ditzy people who buy them.
I agree about the Territory and Falcon Ecoboost ads. I think the whole concept of using real customers is great, the Fiesta in particular (the chick with the nosering at least). But "giving them a wave, well done you bought a Territory", " Mother nature gives me a cuddle" is cringe inducingly bad, and to everyone I've spoken to serves as a deterrent.
OTOH, not everyone knows that these are real customers; but now I do it adds integrity to the brand.
FalconXV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2013, 10:33 PM   #40
spannerman

Cool I wait for my phone call ford, I bought a wildtrak in Jan and I am a tradie mid 30's and very average looking LOL tick, tick, and tick
spannerman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post