Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-01-2013, 02:42 PM   #31
T4ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: First drive after mods thread...

Last round of mods were a new design factory rpm stall converter and 4" intake+retune.

Third gear at 100kmh/r then WOT now equals wheelspin quite easily when pulling onto the southern expressway from the tuners.
255/40/18 Invos and took me by surprise quite somewhat that day lol.

Car is now slower on the street due to traction than previous 3" intake tune I recon but economy is way better due to my new converter/tune.

Putting an AU HP motor in my EL was a rather good drive after then conversion.
Lights up the tires off idle now and tows allot smoother/easier.
Boost is ramped in allot harder for 1/4 mile work with the slicks.
Built BTR 4k TCE stall
FG inlet and exhaust manifolds
T4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2013, 10:31 PM   #32
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPID_BA View Post
-I had my diff gears done in my Ls1.
What exactly is having a Diff gears 'done' ?

Did you........

Have them installed as they were missing from the factory?

Have them removed in an effort to save weight and be able to keep up with Fords ?

Have them replaced as they were stuffed trying to keep up with Fords ?

Have the ratio changed so you can keep up with Fords at the lights (but limiting your top speed to 90kmh due to the ratio)
Old 23-01-2013, 10:42 PM   #33
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Cam swap in my AU 6.

Lump lump lump on idle. Loved it.
Old 24-01-2013, 12:10 AM   #34
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"

First car. Bare metal respray 2 months old. Freshly installed bored & stroked engine on webers with a flowed head, lumpy cam & lightweight flywheel. Pull up at the pedestrian crossing 2km from home. Pair of hot young women cross in front of me. I give it a rev, they look at me. I grin (long hair, Nikes, acid-wash jeans & wearing mirror shades!). They grin.

Somehow I think that my life peaked 20 years ago and nothing since has felt quite so joyful and bursting with opportunity. Life was ripe for the taking. I was going to reach up, grab it by the 'nads and start twisting!
Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ

Last edited by Rev28K; 24-01-2013 at 12:17 AM.
Rev28K is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-01-2013, 09:23 PM   #35
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev28K View Post
I give it a rev, they look at me. I grin (long hair, Nikes, acid-wash jeans & wearing mirror shades!). They grin.....

Somehow I think that my life peaked 20 years ago and nothing since has felt quite so joyful and bursting with opportunity. Life was ripe for the taking. I was going to reach up, grab it by the 'nads and start twisting!
Ahh I remember having my V8 and doing that... 3 girls all smiling away... what I presume to be their boyfriends checking out the car, then getting annoyed when they noticed the girlfriends checking out me

I miss that feeling of "so I can do ANYTHING I want?". Little money, virtually no possessions but a feeling of being "free" and actually "live".
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: