Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-08-2012, 12:05 AM   #31
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: Ford's Global Labor costs (excl. Asia)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadyFord
Don't show these figures to the unions!
It's not your hourly rate, it's the total costs incurred by an employer then divided by the actual weeks, hours an employee is available to work.

I invite everyone who is employed to work out your own total package and divide through the actual hours
you would work, minus annual leave, public hols, all sickies, and accrued long service leave.
I know I was shocked with my own, it came out at nearly double my base rate..
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2012, 04:33 AM   #32
Buntz
Straight Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
I don`t know what the answer is(but i have my own theory), every week that goes by people are getting the bullet, another load of workers went from my brothers place of employment last week, his company are packing and going to manilla, to expensive to operate here.
i just think that the way our country`s is being run the only way for us to compete is to throw away some of the many things that Australians fought for many years, sick pay, holiday pay, penalty rates, some of the social safety nets, and i don`t believe we have to or should, it`s political policy imo and not just about wages..
You're right about policy. It all starts with Government. And our Government is a slut to other nations.

Bring more co-investment the car manu's, and some tariffs back. 1 million sales a year, 63 brands. Bloody ridiculous.
Old 18-08-2012, 09:15 AM   #33
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This year Argentina and Brazil have imposed a 35% tariff on imported cars due to their strengthening currency, they are also forcing car makers to submit plans on how they will buy more components from the region or set up local production before approving imports.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2012, 09:33 AM   #34
XP6
Formerly ST170ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
$25 an hr on the production line is about tops. Trades would make somewhere around 30-35 I think.
I must be in the wrong job only get $27hr for doing shift work(12hr shifts 2day 2 nights dont get public holi's unless its during roster days off, 4 xmas's off in 18yrs!) in a metal refinery dam sure the airconed factory floor would be nicer place to be during summer!
XP6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2012, 10:09 PM   #35
Bossxr8
Peter Car

The factories aren't airconed.

They are sweat boxes on stinking hot days.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2012, 03:01 AM   #36
Buntz
Straight Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
This year Argentina and Brazil have imposed a 35% tariff on imported cars due to their strengthening currency, they are also forcing car makers to submit plans on how they will buy more components from the region or set up local production before approving imports.
Because they see the merit in being strong, and protecting their national interests. We listen to whinging, and prefer people pleasing. This will close our automotive sector.