Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 09:48 AM   #31
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Check this out for dreadful parking!

Don't get too cocky and park on the white line taking up two spots thinking that your car won't get damaged.

Because it'll make some ****** snap and they'll probably key your car.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:57 AM   #32
muso
Heinrich tuned 300 rwkws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
Don't get too cocky and park on the white line taking up two spots thinking that your car won't get damaged.

Because it'll make some ****** snap and they'll probably key your car.

Agree Absolutely!!!! They will be trading careless accidental damage for deliberate damage provoked by their inconsiderate parking! Not that I condone deliberate damage but you can see what can generate it!

A friend of mine got blocked at the Royal show by a car half across a driveway, three guys lifted the rear (lucky it was the lighter end) of the car out of the way, this had made him late and he wanted to dent the car but instead he let two tyres down and went on his way.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:35 AM   #33
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One point to consider is the size of the car parks. Shopping centres must have X amount of parks to comply and the parks must be at least Y size so they use as little land as possible making the smallest legal parks spaces with the narrowest possible lanes and, like a large percentage of their customers do not give a rats bum about anything else.

Also be aware that the ordinary park lines on private carparks are a guideline only you do not have to comply legally (it is a civil matter) like you do on the roads and disabled spaces although the super hero vigilantes tend to take umbridge and commit criminal acts thinking they are forces of truth justice and the american way.

My personal view is that the spaces should be large enough to prevent park rash and that there should be a large dirt area a long way from the shops for all the 4WDs to gather and be "awesome urban explorers" together.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:45 AM   #34
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bombala has reverse in - rear to kerb parking. for the last 30 years, no lines, no need. last year the council decided it did need lines. not only did it reduce the number of parking spots, but some people seem to be either blind or afraid of the lines. you get some cars park across three spots because they can't get their car at the correct angle. This despite the fact that parking is a requirement of getting your license. i even did a reverse park on my P test (about 20 years ago).

The worst parking behavior is someone will park too close. i've had cars so close i had to walk sideways to get to my door
Old 05-06-2012, 11:50 AM   #35
Dusty1
Giddy up!

There is a great site where you can contribute these photos, it has a sweary word in the address (and lots of sweary words in it), but if you're old enough you can figure it out.

youparklikeac*&t.com

Looks like a Falcon gets a gong as well!
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:13 PM   #36
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkachu
Because when you come out to your car to find one right next to your car leaving not enough for you to open a door, you get frustrated. Sometimes you need that extra room.

Before having my daughter i thought it was a stupid idea, makes more sense once you see a use for them.

my son has 3 kids.....2 girls and a boy,....all under 4, youngest at 6 months

when my daughter in law takes my grandkids out shopping, which she must do because my son is at work, it is a hell of a job, two in a double pram contraption and one walking

I did it once and I take my hat off to her.......knocked me up for a week......I dont know how you mums do it week after week

these mums need all the help they can get........closer parks.....bigger bays...designated checkouts.......i'm all for it

I park way the hell out the back

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
Old 05-06-2012, 02:21 PM   #37
kaniSS
BIG MEMBER ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf
my son has 3 kids.....2 girls and a boy,....all under 4, youngest at 6 months

when my daughter in law takes my grandkids out shopping, which she must do because my son is at work, it is a hell of a job, two in a double pram contraption and one walking

I did it once and I take my hat off to her.......knocked me up for a week......I dont know how you mums do it week after week

these mums need all the help they can get........closer parks.....bigger bays...designated checkouts.......i'm all for it

I park way the hell out the back
Couldn't agree more. These idiots who fail to see the requirement for these spots need their heads examined or better still have some kids and see how helpful these spots really are when your hauling small kids around a car park.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:45 PM   #38
tranquilized
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We need more Larry Davids to police this kinda stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q13A5o2wVVA
Old 05-06-2012, 02:55 PM   #39
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just one other thought ......some of you may know that we have a 30 year old son who is debilitated with cerebral palsy

I am his main carer which allows me the privilege of parking in zoned handicapped spaces

I dont use them unless I absolutely have to, a lot more folks out there need them more than my son and I.....we get along just fine without them most days

makes me a bit grumpy when I see a perfectly able bodied sole alight from one of these vehicles parked in one of these designated spots

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
Old 05-06-2012, 03:33 PM   #40
muso
Heinrich tuned 300 rwkws

Agreed Poppa, it's people like you and your family that need these spots, you are the reason for the legislation being passed for disabled parking/ramps etc in the first place.

I get very annoyed at the able bodied people who use the disabled spots! So I can only just imagine the frustration it must cause you and your family.

Some disabilities are not so obvious, someone's husband from my work had a heart/lung transplant and looked fine but got heaps of dirty looks when he parked in the disabled spots even with his permit visible he apparently got the "nothing wrong with you mate" comment occasionally.

You Poppa Smurf are entitiled to use them anytime! Those parks are for your special needs, you are a taxpayer with a disabled son, don't ever feel bad about using them
Old 05-06-2012, 06:06 PM   #41
TMC
SY TS AWD LPG TEZZA

I once went off at a stupid moronic woman in a carpark for opening her passenger side door, leaning across her passenger seat to the drivers side with her foot on her door jammed hard against the brand new HSV parked next to her. It would have dented the hell out of the door. She was in some crappy little Getz. I yelled at her, said "Do you see what you're doing to the car next to you" and told her what an idiot she was and that she had absolutely no regard for anyone. She said nothing back, got into her car and drove off quickly. MORONS.
4th car 90 XF ute (work car)
5th car 06 SY TS AWD Territory Orbital LPi
6th car 95 XG ute
7th car 2014 SZ Territory TX Petrol
Fords all my life.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:10 PM   #42
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by muso
But if you leave a 2 metre gap the a/holes will ram a trolley through the space, but yeah I hear you, I know what you mean.

I'll have to get the misses to go to your area to do her shopping.....My area, they don't give a toss...room or no room, the trolley gets shoved where ever they like...

BTW, congrats on the way you have bought your kids up and leaving the note on the car....That's something that's getting scarcer by the day...There needs to be more people like you in this world, so I tip my hat to you

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
Old 05-06-2012, 06:14 PM   #43
Kevaclone

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
One point to consider is the size of the car parks. Shopping centres must have X amount of parks to comply and the parks must be at least Y size so they use as little land as possible making the smallest legal parks spaces with the narrowest possible lanes and, like a large percentage of their customers do not give a rats bum about anything else.

Also be aware that the ordinary park lines on private carparks are a guideline only you do not have to comply legally (it is a civil matter) like you do on the roads and disabled spaces although the super hero vigilantes tend to take umbridge and commit criminal acts thinking they are forces of truth justice and the american way.

My personal view is that the spaces should be large enough to prevent park rash and that there should be a large dirt area a long way from the shops for all the 4WDs to gather and be "awesome urban explorers" together.
HUH???, Awesome Urban Explorers wouldn't go near dirt

Lack of driving ability is so common in car parks, and a lot from people who have "Bid Drivin for fiddy years" How many times have you seen someone in a micro hatch have a few goes at getting into a parking space big enough to back a B/Double into

Nose in parking in tight parking bays is just silly. I reverse park all the time, no need to back and fill like you do with nose in parking(especially since the turning circle of a 100 series cruiser is a bit wide), less chance of hitting other vehicles and you can get the centre of the bay every time. And then when you leave you just drive out with full view of all vehicles/people around you, no more twisting about looking all around and hoping you didn't miss seeing another vehicle/person/child moving behind you

It's much easier to reverse park, I don't know why more people don't do it
99 5.8M Profish plate alloy carport decoration
Old 05-06-2012, 06:14 PM   #44
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

One day I'm not going to be able to control myself when I see these tools, I'll "accidently" remove their wind screen wipers!

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Old 05-06-2012, 06:26 PM   #45
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

I park at the very edge of the general cluster of cars. Its not too far to walk, but its safe enough that no one will park right next to me because there are plenty of other spots everywhere else.

A mate of mine has a Baby on Board sign on his car (XR6 ute) and uses that to park in pram bays. No tickets yet. Brilliant.

82lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, bigger cooler, Plazmaman piping, SS Growler, tune, ZF tune, Crow valve springs so far.

Ozracing coilovers, Pedders sway bars front and rear.

315rwkw

Last edited by MWTB; 05-06-2012 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Typed 'work' instead of 'walk' hurrr.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:36 PM   #46
block58
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Took these two in the space of about 30mins, I don't know how people can get out of their cars, see their park and think that's ok.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:44 PM   #47
muso
Heinrich tuned 300 rwkws

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo supporter
I'll have to get the misses to go to your area to do her shopping.....My area, they don't give a toss...room or no room, the trolley gets shoved where ever they like...

BTW, congrats on the way you have bought your kids up and leaving the note on the car....That's something that's getting scarcer by the day...There needs to be more people like you in this world, so I tip my hat to you
Thanks svo I always make sure that my kids are thoughtful of others and their property.

It was Jason 98.EL whop left a note after accidentally damaging someone's car

Nice photos Block, the Silver Astra ever so carefully balanced up on the kerb is a ripper Imagine the amount of hits a Web site with photos like this everyday would get!

Last edited by muso; 05-06-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:48 PM   #48
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by muso
Agreed Poppa, it's people like you and your family that need these spots, you are the reason for the legislation being passed for disabled parking/ramps etc in the first place.

I get very annoyed at the able bodied people who use the disabled spots! So I can only just imagine the frustration it must cause you and your family.

Some disabilities are not so obvious, someone's husband from my work had a heart/lung transplant and looked fine but got heaps of dirty looks when he parked in the disabled spots even with his permit visible he apparently got the "nothing wrong with you mate" comment occasionally.

You Poppa Smurf are entitiled to use them anytime! Those parks are for your special needs, you are a taxpayer with a disabled son, don't ever feel bad about using them

in our sons 30 years of life we had never applied for the disabled parking ticket until i had a stroke

the queen elizabeth hospital staff (fantastic bunch of selfless folk) basically forced this on me,

we've really only had it for 2 years and in that two years used it twice

the "unofficial use" of disabled parks doesn't really annoy us so much...... I tend to simply shake my head and move on to more important matters

I once said to a vivacious young lady "in a hurry".......that she truly is lucky to not actually need that parking space and I hope she thanks god everyday for his blessing.......unlike the couple that just drove past that were unable to make use of that space despite displaying a ticket

she moved her vehicle and apologised.......too late I felt

Old 05-06-2012, 06:49 PM   #49
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

A (now ex) friend on Facebook posted that she would key the cars of anyone she found parked in a parents with prams spot at her local shopping centre, that didn't have a baby seat in the car.

When I asked what kind of example that set for her son, she and all the other bogan mums on her page abused me.

It's her right apparently, as they need to be taught a lesson.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Old 05-06-2012, 06:52 PM   #50
muso
Heinrich tuned 300 rwkws

Quote:
in our sons 30 years of life we had never applied for the disabled parking ticket until i had a stroke

the queen elizabeth hospital staff (fantastic bunch of selfless folk) basically forced this on me,

the "unofficial use" of disabled parks doesn't really annoy us so much...... I tend to simply shake my head and move on to more important matters

I once said to a vivacious young lady "in a hurry".......that she truly is lucky to not actually need that parking space and I hope she thanks god everyday for his blessing.......unlike the couple that just drove past that were unable to make use of that space despite displaying a ticket

Bless you and your family Poppa
Old 05-06-2012, 06:56 PM   #51
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

At least she apologized (even if it was too late), hopefully she didn't do it again. One can only hope, right?
Old 05-06-2012, 06:57 PM   #52
madwag
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers
A (now ex) friend on Facebook posted that she would key the cars of anyone she found parked in a parents with prams spot at her local shopping centre, that didn't have a baby seat in the car.

When I asked what kind of example that set for her son, she and all the other bogan mums on her page abused me.

What is the law with this, because its clear cut with dissabled parking but i can see many loop holes with this.

Is it just if you have small children?
Must have a pram? (with a child in it?)
any Age limits on the person in the pram?
Can you carry your baby and still park there?

Im not a parent so feel free to tell me what you think But i am not 100% convinced on the need.

The Daily's Build.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11349360

Weekender: '69 VW Notchback
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...24#post4531824
Old 05-06-2012, 06:59 PM   #53
Marquis
HUGE MEMBER

I wonder what the law is reguarding dodgy parkers. If someone was well into your spot and you swung out and ripped your and there bumpers of would the be liable, Or would I or no real law on private property or something.
Years ago I was sitting in the car and a wayward trolley came flying past and hit a car pretty hard. The old bat came down grabbed the trolley,looked every direction to see if any one saw. Nup no one (except me) and trotted of like nothing happened. I left a note explaining the incident with a discription and the old bats number plate. Peeved me big time.
The mother inlaw has have everyone of her last 4 or 5 cars damaged by other people and not one note. Bastards.
I always park far away in shopping centres. My kids have always been told to respect cars and to be ultra carefull.
The worst was about 15 years ago when my mate bought a gorgeous Dodge Challenger. He went inside a Racq to look at getting his new ride insured. When he came out there was a huge saucer sized dent right on the door crease. To dent and old beast like that right on the crease would have taken a huge intentionall hit from a door. In an insurers carpark Ffs.
Seriously need to make large "You park like a ???????????? With a bird flip to sell on eBay. Need them large and ultra sticky to put right in the middle of the driver side windscreen.
Thankfully I do not need to visit carparks to much now days

My cruiser. 1979 Zh Marquis. "T" code 351.
My garage queen :(. 1980 TF Cortina Ghia Wagon. 4.1.
My dog. 2011 Sierra
My Daily. 2012 ZH (lol) OUTLANDER xls. 4WD CVT. Sapphire blue

Wanted
Borg Warner Lsd or centre. 25 spline
Old 05-06-2012, 07:09 PM   #54
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We don't even have pram parking in the U.S. Never heard of it until someone in AU told me about it. We have regular parking and reserved stalls only for those with handicap placards on display on their rearview mirrors.

The problem here is it's too easy to get those placards. Once a Dr signs off on it it's good for X number of years. But here's the thing, anyone can display it and park in the closest and widest stalls even if the person who needs it isn't in the car. Unless they're busted of course which is probably not going to happen. Now, I know there are people with serious health problems who don't appear ill and weak and because of this, they don't apply for the placard. But when someone can literally JUMP out a truck or SUV and run into a shop or ATM, then sprint back to the car and literally hop in, or a woman is wearing high heels and sprinting because she's in a rush? It makes me wonder why and for whom the placard is for. I just shake my head.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:12 PM   #55
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Sorry, but talk about no class (your ex-Facebook friend). Wait till she's in a rush or something and pulls in "just for a sec" without her carseat cuz it was in someone else's car and gets keyed. Bet she won't be able to keep quiet then!
Old 05-06-2012, 07:18 PM   #56
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i remember when our family went to wet n wild world for the day my sister thought she'd save some money by going to the closest maccas for lunch with my sister and i in tow we go across and after eating lunch go back to the car and proceed to back out of the carpark reverse into the empty space behind (we are in a nissan patrol) witch to my sisters shock and surprise there a nice lowered to the ground M6, the driver of this car had gone into the other space by about 4 inches and almost $1600 of body work later on, the beamer was fixed and the patrol had no damage at all who do you think paid for the repair work?
Old 05-06-2012, 07:21 PM   #57
Fordman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well regarding the op photo its a typical case of people in retail not wanting there car scratched in the car park ever day when they go to work. Thyre probably there 8-5 working and are over people putting dings in there car.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:25 PM   #58
muso
Heinrich tuned 300 rwkws

Quote:

She is justifying wilful property damage, a serious offence, when her kids are 16 and damage her car, the kids will wonder why she is upset because she taught them that it's ok.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:40 PM   #59
CMGLX
Irregular Member

this thread just reminded me of this parking effort i saw at a local pub

was thinking it may be just a mate stirring a mate though
Old 05-06-2012, 07:44 PM   #60
WMD351
Size it up

I've noticed a strange phenomenon in shopping center car parks.
If I duck over there late at night or early morning to grab something from the supermarket there can be as few as 20 to 30 cars there and they're all parked as close to the entrance as possible.
Why is it then, that when I park in a veritable no mans land some 50 metres away from the nearest car in order to avoid door dings, I come out of the shop less than 5 minutes later to discover two peanuts have parked right on the edge of the lines either side of me even though there's still dozens of spaces closer to the entrance?
Closed Thread